Jump to content

Happy thread


TSauer

Recommended Posts

32 minutes ago, Shankster said:

 

Time to do some research and planning my way around.

driver everywhere.

/thread

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

  image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Chip Strokes said:

driver everywhere.

/thread

Well, my dad is already bragging apparently… about how far I’m hitting it. 🤦🏼‍♂️

 

Last time he did that… I played like the brown stuff you step on at the park because someone’s Pug took a Shitzu and didn’t clean it up.

 

So I got that going for me.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, xOldBenKenobiX said:

Finally after waiting almost 3 weeks, my new car arrived, we picked up the new blazer on Monday. 

20210710_122224.jpg.4047743ba3e9972a7d4364bb36eb0e6d.jpg

20210710_122215.jpg.866666ff33ba4c3fe219428af1d9e71f.jpg

20210714_095412.jpg.7dd89bea133da32ea1eb5a0b3f65b2ab.jpg

I can conforably fit my golf bag and actually I think it can fit another one on top. 

That tote behind it, is a 40 gallon tote with my shoes, push cart andshoes, plus towels and other cleaning items for the car. 

Without the tote, I am sure I can take the rest of my foursome and their bags along. 

This car shortage sucked! We just got our Rav4 Saturday. It’s not the exact model we wanted but it’s still nice. Back in early June the dealership had a signed trade agreement with another one near Seattle. That dealership then sold it out from under ours and we were left waiting. 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 5

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS with RDX Blue 70g S [back up and on life support Epic Flash SZ with Tensei Orange Pro S (1" tipped) at 44.5" ]

2H: :callaway-small: Super Hybrid with Tensei Orange Pro Hyb 80 Stiff 

3H: :Sub70: 939X UST proforce V2 black F3 hybrid soft stepped XStiff 

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long Unofficial Review

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)  (Backup 54*,60*: :ping-small:  S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up)

Putter: TAII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter 

Ball: :Snell:MTB-X and :OnCore: vero X1 (may dabble in proV1 at some point)

:Arccos:

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, rbsiedsc said:

This car shortage sucked! We just got our Rav4 Saturday. It’s not the exact model we wanted but it’s still nice. Back in early June the dealership had a signed trade agreement with another one near Seattle. That dealership then sold it out from under ours and we were left waiting. 

Between replacing the wife's car and then mine, we had to wait two weeks for her Equinox and 3 more for this Blazer, but it was worth, since our old trade cars were overpaid, and I mean last year at this time her car was worth about 5k, they gave 9k for her old car and mine was worth 3k and we got 7k for it right now, the only regret is that the wife overruled me on the color and told me I could not get another red car, but I love the grey too.

I wanted to get the turbo engine with mine and got very lucky to get it, since the wait was the same as the standard engine.

It did help too, the fact that we weren't necessarily looking to replace our cars, so we had no issues waiting for them.

The used market is so bad right now that I just saw an used blazer with less features and a weaker engine listed for more than our sales price for the new one.

  • Like 5
  • Love 1

My Reviews:

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Work in Progress... Stix Golf - Wood and Putter set unofficial review.

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60 shaft. :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, with UST  Mamiya Recoil 65 DART F3 Graphite shafts. Wedges  :vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, PutterTommy Armour 2019 Impact 3 TA 2021 Impact 2. Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.:SuperSpeed: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, xOldBenKenobiX said:

Between replacing the wife's car and then mine, we had to wait two weeks for her Equinox and 3 more for this Blazer, but it was worth, since our old trade cars were overpaid, and I mean last year at this time her car was worth about 5k, they gave 9k for her old car and mine was worth 3k and we got 7k for it right now, the only regret is that the wife overruled me on the color and told me I could not get another red car, but I love the grey too.

I wanted to get the turbo engine with mine and got very lucky to get it, since the wait was the same as the standard engine.

It did help too, the fact that we weren't necessarily looking to replace our cars, so we had no issues waiting for them.

The used market is so bad right now that I just saw an used blazer with less features and a weaker engine listed for more than our sales price for the new one.

Yea even with dents in my truck they are offering me nearly 25grand for a truck with 100k miles and 5 years old

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, tommc23 said:

Yea even with dents in my truck they are offering me nearly 25grand for a truck with 100k miles and 5 years old

Both of our cars had rear end bumper damages, hers a parking lot hit and run, mine it was a rush hour hit and run, the dealer just say they can buff it out and no money lost, it is a sellers marked for sure right now.

What truck do you drive? I am just curious because in a few years when it is time to replace this cars I am thinking on getting a truck myself

  • Like 4

My Reviews:

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Work in Progress... Stix Golf - Wood and Putter set unofficial review.

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60 shaft. :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, with UST  Mamiya Recoil 65 DART F3 Graphite shafts. Wedges  :vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, PutterTommy Armour 2019 Impact 3 TA 2021 Impact 2. Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.:SuperSpeed: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Twilight round tonight on Charlevoix Country club.  Wish me luck so I don’t visit “Barbra’s” place again…(Team AL followers will understand) I’d rather not break the SAME window, even if the first time is several years removed.

  • Like 5
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Twilight round tonight on Charlevoix Country club.  Wish me luck so I don’t visit “Barbra’s” place again…(Team AL followers will understand) I’d rather not break the SAME window, even if the first time is several years removed.

I am always in Barbra's garden off the tee

  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g 6.5 (2021 Official Review) | :taylormade-small: '07 Burner 15° Reax 50 Stiff 

:titelist-small: 816 H1 18° Fujikura Speeder HB 8.8 Stiff | :titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff

:ping-small:  I500 5 - UW Red Dot Dynamic Gold S300 | :Hogan: Equalizer 52° / 56° KBS Tour V 110 Stiff

:cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0 | :ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Left Dash Pro V1x| Right Handed 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, xOldBenKenobiX said:

Both of our cars had rear end bumper damages, hers a parking lot hit and run, mine it was a rush hour hit and run, the dealer just say they can buff it out and no money lost, it is a sellers marked for sure right now.

What truck do you drive? I am just curious because in a few years when it is time to replace this cars I am thinking on getting a truck myself

I drive a Silverado and will for the foreseeable future. When this one dies I’ll get myself another one 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

I drive a Silverado and will for the foreseeable future. When this one dies I’ll get myself another one 

I love the Silverados and that is what I want to go for once we get new cars.

  • Like 4

My Reviews:

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Work in Progress... Stix Golf - Wood and Putter set unofficial review.

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60 shaft. :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, with UST  Mamiya Recoil 65 DART F3 Graphite shafts. Wedges  :vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, PutterTommy Armour 2019 Impact 3 TA 2021 Impact 2. Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.:SuperSpeed: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Shankster said:

Twilight round tonight on Charlevoix Country club.  Wish me luck so I don’t visit “Barbra’s” place again…(Team AL followers will understand) I’d rather not break the SAME window, even if the first time is several years removed.

Hopefully if you visit Barbara, you won't follow that up with a visit to Brenda. 

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Played 1-4 wonderfully.  Even par. 5-9… not so much, got stuck behind the slowest golfers in the world.  I really hate slow play, like really really hate it.  I don’t understand how it takes 1.5 hours to play 5 hole, absolutely ridiculous.

  • Like 4
  • Sad 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Caught my first Brook Trout tonight…. Got about 1’ from me and wiggled off the hook, didn’t get a chance for a picture. ☹️
 

Probably about 6-8”,  first cast with an ant tied on, and had one on the second cast too but it came off while I was bringing it in.  Then nothing…

  • Like 6
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Shankster said:

Caught my first Brook Trout tonight…. Got about 1’ from me and wiggled off the hook, didn’t get a chance for a picture. ☹️
 

Probably about 6-8”,  first cast with an ant tied on, and had one on the second cast too but it came off while I was bringing it in.  Then nothing…

The two best flies for catching brook trout in my are for me were griffiths nat, awesome little dry fly, and pheasant tail nymph. I used to tie them all the time because they were easy and caught me the most never had luck with ants. Now I have dogs who help me get more pheasants and I stopped tying flies.

  • Like 6
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, tommc23 said:

The two best flies for catching brook trout in my are for me were griffiths nat, awesome little dry fly, and pheasant tail nymph. I used to tie them all the time because they were easy and caught me the most never had luck with ants. Now I have dogs who help me get more pheasants and I stopped tying flies.

I’d been getting skunked on the trout front.  So I swung by the local outfitter and asked the guy what to use.  He said try these.  Got a couple of purple, and a couple orange ants.  
 

I’ll keep those in mind though, I plan on getting up to PA and WV for a few fall weekends. 👍🏼 I’m “hooked” as they say.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/14/2021 at 12:13 PM, tommc23 said:

Yea even with dents in my truck they are offering me nearly 25grand for a truck with 100k miles and 5 years old

I'll have to swing by the dealer and see what they'll give for my '03 Silverado work truck w/ 295k miles on it and rusted out rear wheel wells.....Maybe $500!!!     🤑  The A/C works real well & all 4 tires have lots of tread left so maybe I'll get them up to $575!    😁

  • Haha 5

Modern Bag:  Ping G410+ 9*, Accra TourZ X265 M5;  Snake Eyes 15*, 18* & 23* Hybrids; Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Cleveland Tour Action 49*, 53*, 57*; PX LZ 6.5 ;  Ping Heppler Fetch;  Ball - Snell MTB-X; Bag - Sun Mountain H2NO 

Classic Bag:  Driver - Wilson Staff Persimmon; 3w - Hogan Speed Slot; 5w - Wilson Staff Tour Block; 3 - pw - Staff Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Shankster said:

Caught my first Brook Trout tonight…. Got about 1’ from me and wiggled off the hook, didn’t get a chance for a picture. ☹️
 

Probably about 6-8”,  first cast with an ant tied on, and had one on the second cast too but it came off while I was bringing it in.  Then nothing…

Awesome!!  Any pics?

  • Like 1

Rick

 

 

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, tommc23 said:

The two best flies for catching brook trout in my are for me were griffiths nat, awesome little dry fly, and pheasant tail nymph. I used to tie them all the time because they were easy and caught me the most never had luck with ants. Now I have dogs who help me get more pheasants and I stopped tying flies.

Haven’t tied anything in 20 years.  Used to have a fly in New England called “Bobs Bug”.  A 

 

On 7/5/2021 at 8:25 AM, MattF said:

Tale of two nine's again yesterday, but better.

Went 45/39 84. We got around in 4.5 hours, which on a Sunday at Windmill is pretty good. Highlight hole was the par 3 #12 playing 180 to the pin. Hit a laser 6 iron 175 and made the 12 footer for my only birdie of the day.

friend of mine invented it and we used it for small Trout in streams for years.  It was an ugly POS but worked.

  • Like 4

Rick

 

 

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Rickp said:

Awesome!!  Any pics?

Nope, but my son was ready to get one.  Thought for sure I was going to land it, but the little punk didn’t want to cooperate.  Not sure how it got off the hook.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...