Happy thread

Our Sponsors

Found a place upstate that I can play a round today. It is indoors but it is golf and I will take t right now.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

In the Bag for 2020

PXG 0811XF Gen 2 10.5* (set at 9*) AD VR 6x

PXG 0341X Gen 2 15* AD TP 7x

PXG 0317X Gen 2 19* KBS Proto 95x

PXG 0311T Gen 3 4-6 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 ST 7 - PW KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50/10 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 54/10 & 58/07 TTDG TI S400

:rife-putters-1: Two Bar Blade Long 47"

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It is official now, I'm an American citizen. 

This little munchkin joined us 2 days ago! Mom and baby are doing well! Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Hello friends, welcome to the happy thread. I 'm here today to tell you a story and ask you for a big favor.  As many of you know, I was born and raised in Brazil. What you might not kn

Posted Images

Walked 18 with no issues today! First round since December. Just so happy to be able to swing a golf club again and have the stamina to walk 18.

• Like 8

In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 Stand Bag

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* VA Nemesys 65X
:ping-small: G410 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X
:srixon-small: ZU85 18* Tour AD 95X
:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X
 MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X
:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-9 Oban CT 115 X(-)
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 46F - 54S - 59D
:mizuno-small: M Craft II
:titelist-small: ProV1 ???

Walked 18 with no issues today! First round since December. Just so happy to be able to swing a golf club again and have the stamina to walk 18.

congratulations!! Off to a good start

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Going to attempt to play my first round of golf tomorrow since early December and after being in and out of the hospital all March

... Hang in there and be patient. I was very sick last March and April for 6 weeks with an undiagnosed intestinal infection and went from 185 to 156. First round back in May I was hitting my driver about 180. Working out and regaining my strength the distance came back. But it took several months and I am still only about 175 and trying to get back those last 10 lbs. Glad you are feeling better and good luck with your recovery. Did I mention be patient? 

• Like 7

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM Max ... Diamana Limited 55R
Utility:   Callaway Super Hybrid 17*   ... Diamana Limited 65R
               TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Limited 65R
Irons:    4-Pw Cobra King Tour MIM ... Nippon 950gh r-flex
Wedges:  SM6 52* F Grind ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
                 SM7D & SM8M 58* ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
Putter:  Newport 2.5 at 33.5"
Ball:  TaylorMade TP5

... Hang in there and be patient. I was very sick last March and April for 6 weeks with an undiagnosed intestinal infection and went from 185 to 156. First round back in May I was hitting my driver about 180. Working out and regaining my strength the distance came back. But it took several months and I am still only about 175 and trying to get back those 10 lbs. Glad you are feeling better and good luck with your recovery. Did I mention be patient?

I'm just happy to be playing. The distance will come back. Get what's left of my appendix out May 10th so I'll be shelved for an few more weeks then but there's a light at the end of the tunnel
  • Like 7

In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 Stand Bag

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* VA Nemesys 65X
:ping-small: G410 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X
:srixon-small: ZU85 18* Tour AD 95X
:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X
 MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X
:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-9 Oban CT 115 X(-)
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 46F - 54S - 59D
:mizuno-small: M Craft II
:titelist-small: ProV1 ???

Headed to Baton Rouge... Wife is driving THIS time!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 6

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy: :titelist-small: TS3, 15*, Veylix Rome 888 X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4/5, Tour V 6-10, Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 2.0

... As the middle linebacker that hit me wearing a red shirt a good second after I released the pass and ran sprints for the entire week, signed my yearbook "It have been fun. But fun have to come to a end." Started my last round in Phoenix with an eagle and ended it with a birdie sprinkling in 2 more birdies between them. But 5 bogies gave it all back. This sand, or more apt this lack of sand, really turns bunkers into hazards. Most have a sprinkling of sand over hardpan and it is impossible to use the bounce and most times equally as impossible to dig the leading edge into the ground. Some really nice and expensive to play courses that have zero sand in their bunkers is a real head scratcher. But ... I am not complaining.

... 33 rounds in 36 days but my fun have to come to a end. Starting my 3 day drive back to Chicago tomorrow. After a month in Orlando January/February and 5 weeks in Phoenix, this has been the happiest winter I can remember!  

• Like 9

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM Max ... Diamana Limited 55R
Utility:   Callaway Super Hybrid 17*   ... Diamana Limited 65R
               TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Limited 65R
Irons:    4-Pw Cobra King Tour MIM ... Nippon 950gh r-flex
Wedges:  SM6 52* F Grind ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
                 SM7D & SM8M 58* ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
Putter:  Newport 2.5 at 33.5"
Ball:  TaylorMade TP5

... Hang in there and be patient. I was very sick last March and April for 6 weeks with an undiagnosed intestinal infection and went from 185 to 156. First round back in May I was hitting my driver about 180. Working out and regaining my strength the distance came back. But it took several months and I am still only about 175 and trying to get back those last 10 lbs. Glad you are feeling better and good luck with your recovery. Did I mention be patient?

Be careful with that intestinal (bacterial) infection stuff. Leveled my fat arse for better part of a year! Their still not comfortable with the diagnosis, part of it my fault as I figured I could just tough it out. Wrong....it's a long story.

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

On vacation this week with nothing to do besides golf. Needless to say, I am pumped!!

• Like 7

:ping-small: G400 Max

:ping-small: G410 3W

:ping-small: G410 3 & 4 Crossover

:ping-small: i200 5-PW

:vokey-small: Vokey SM7 | 52-56-60

:taylormade-small: Taylormade Spider X

On vacation this week with nothing to do besides golf. Needless to say, I am pumped!!

Have a great vacation and whack that ball good!  It's been a miserable winter for just about everybody and especially for folks above the mason dixon line.  :(

• Like 2

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway MAVRIK MAX 3 - wood
Callaway Big Bertha 2019  4 & 5 hybrid 
Tommy Armour 845 MAX 6 - GW Irons
Cleveland CBX 2 54 Degree SW
Cleveland CBX Full-Face Wedge 58 degree

Putters:
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Big Seven Arm Lock Putter
Odyssey Triple Track 2-Ball Putter
Odyssey Triple Track 10 Putter
Cleveland Huntington Beach SOFT Premier 10.5C Putter
Cleveland Huntington Beach SOFT Premier 11 Putter

Utility club:  Square Strike Wedge 45 degree
aka pocket picker

Have a great vacation and whack that ball good! It's been a miserable winter for just about everybody and especially for folks above the mason dixon line. :(

Yeah it's been hit and miss for a little while now, but things are finally looking steady! I wish it was 70 and sunny for everyone every day.

• Like 4

:ping-small: G400 Max

:ping-small: G410 3W

:ping-small: G410 3 & 4 Crossover

:ping-small: i200 5-PW

:vokey-small: Vokey SM7 | 52-56-60

:taylormade-small: Taylormade Spider X

Our course opens on Thursday morning - I've got the first tee time 9:10. Can't wait - could a real spring finally be here!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 7

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Our course opens on Thursday morning - I've got the first tee time 9:10. Can't wait - could a real spring finally be here!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Lucky!! It's supposed to snow for 4 days starting tomorrow! Temps in the mid 30's... yuck, yuck, yuck!

• Like 1

Over the years, an activity that I have enjoyed is volunteering when professional tournaments are held in my area.   While I have worked in multiple roles for all of the available tours, my typical assignment has been the practice area.   When Quicken Loans pulled its sponsorship last year for the National tournament at TPC Potomac, I wasn't sure if it would be played this year.   Well, it is being played and I have been assigned to the Media Center for the first time.  It will be a new experience for me and look forward to it.  Add to that, the fact that Tiger has stated that he will play.

• Like 6

Over the years, an activity that I have enjoyed is volunteering when professional tournaments are held in my area. While I have worked in multiple roles for all of the available tours, my typical assignment has been the practice area. When Quicken Loans pulled its sponsorship last year for the National tournament at TPC Potomac, I wasn't sure if it would be played this year. Well, it is being played and I have been assigned to the Media Center for the first time. It will be a new experience for me and look forward to it. Add to that, the fact that Tiger has stated that he will play.

I am like you, I love volunteering at tournaments. I currently volunteer at my local LPGA event and have done so for 10 years. I do walking scorer and have done standard bearer. I have also done Symetra and Champions events. Practice range would be the only other place I would go since I like watching the players.

Hope you have fun. Let us know how your experience goes.

• Like 2

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I am like you, I love volunteering at tournaments. I currently volunteer at my local LPGA event and have done so for 10 years. I do walking scorer and have done standard bearer. I have also done Symetra and Champions events. Practice range would be the only other place I would go since I like watching the players.

Hope you have fun. Let us know how your experience goes.

Volunteering at Tournaments is a blast I miss doing it. Have fun!!

• Like 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

Volunteering at Tournaments is a blast I miss doing it. Have fun!!

I would suggest to anyone, if a pro tournament is coming to your area consider volunteering, it gets one inside the ropes so to speak.   Many years ago, my first experience was as a hole marshal.   Frankly, afterwards, I had no desire to do that again, I found much better roles giving better access to the players, such as working the practice area.   A role that I really enjoyed was for a Champions event with on course transportation.   I was assigned a cart and given a radio, when a pro needed a ride on premises, such as from the scoring tent to the media center, I was radioed and gave them a ride.  As I said, this will be my first experience with the media center.   At my age and with my health concerns, a indoors role suits me best now.  

I have found with few exceptions, that the pros appreciate the volunteers and show it.   The toughest day typically is pro-am day and it ain't the pros, its the amateurs.  

• Like 3

I would suggest to anyone, if a pro tournament is coming to your area consider volunteering, it gets one inside the ropes so to speak. Many years ago, my first experience was as a hole marshal. Frankly, afterwards, I had no desire to do that again, I found much better roles giving better access to the players, such as working the practice area. A role that I really enjoyed was for a Champions event with on course transportation. I was assigned a cart and given a radio, when a pro needed a ride on premises, such as from the scoring tent to the media center, I was radioed and gave them a ride. As I said, this will be my first experience with the media center. At my age and with my health concerns, a indoors role suits me best now.

I have found with few exceptions, that the pros appreciate the volunteers and show it. The toughest day typically is pro-am day and it ain't the pros, its the amateurs.

I did Tee & Green marshal, up close and personal. Get to see some personality come out, interesting.

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead