Happy thread

Our Sponsors

lmao!  Oh yea that's a must....   ;)   When I pull my pocket picker out of my black golf bag old coots everywhere shake with fear!. :blink:   It reminds them of the days when Paladin (you young guns won't know who Paladin was) pulls out his six shooter and lays down the lead.  

Haha!  He was a bad arse before anyone even knew what that was... one of the best theme songs ever made too!

My mom and I watched a LOT of westerns.  Her favorite was Gunsmoke but we watched a lot of Bonanza too...

• Like 1

StrokerAce
:tour-edge: EXS 220 HZRDUS Smoke
:cobra-small:  King F7 3w Fujikara 
:callaway-small:  Apex 20 Catalyst 6.0
:callaway-small:  Apex 23 Catalyst 6.0
--------------------------
:srixon-small: Z785 KBS CTaper lite
:cleveland-small:  RTX Zipcore 54/58 
:ping-small: Sigma G Kinloch C 
:918457628_PrecisionPro: nx7 pro rangefinder
:1590477705_SunMountain:  C130 cart bag
Franklin, MA; Right Handed; 10
"the club face sends it, the path bends it..."

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This little munchkin joined us 2 days ago! Mom and baby are doing well! Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

We now have a 3 year old 😊

We have a rant thread and a random thread, but I could not find a happy thread... until now.   I'm trying to share my excitement about being off of work for two weeks! It actually started today, so

Posted Images

I am putting this in he happy thread because all I can do is laugh.

So I took my advancement test back in May, if anyone has ever taken a test that is so impossibly obscure that it has nothing to do with anything than you will understand.

The previous 2 years I scored 100/150. Which is pretty respectable for this test. I ended up 320, and 260 out of 480.

This year... all I had to do is write another 100 and I would have been in the top 75 with all of the other factors that go into it.

Well I wrote a 85... ended up 273.

The only thing I can think as to why this happened is because I am going to get picked up for a special assignment.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Kinda reminds of when I took the Navy OCS test back in the late 60's. They told I flunked the regular OCS test but PASSED the Naval OCS aviators test. Hmmm I wonder if that had to do with the Navy at that time losing pilots left and right in Vietnam?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra F Max 5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Well, my goal was under 24 by the end of June. Got it by 4 seconds. It was too dang hot to run.

attachicon.gifIMG_3376.PNG

Seriously awesome time! Well done. I used to be a big runner but don't think I ever came close to a sub 25 5k. Well done. Your inspiring me to get back out there.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 3

RH:

Driver: :cobra-small: F9 9.0º - 14g Low - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Woods: :cobra-small: F9 3W - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Hybrids: :cobra-small:  F9 3H - Aldila Green X

Irons: :cobra-small: F9 One Length 4-PW - Modus3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cobra-small: King Wedges 50º/54º/58º Versatile

Putter: :ping-small:  Sigma G Tyne 35"

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV

#cobraconnect19

Glad I found this thread- because I want to share the rather eventful week I have just experienced.

First, last Thursday thru Saturday was our club Member-Guest tournament. Interesting format- 12 flights of 8 teams of two (196 players) face off in a series of 9 hole matches in different formats (four ball, scramble, modified alternate shot, etc) on our two facilities. My brother and I have done well, both by playing well and catching others at a good time- until this year. We were bottom seed in our flight, and the first day we halved both matches - best you can do by not losing, but many others made hay by running up scores, etc.

Second day we did ok, and we were actually helped by a period of rain that shortened one round, which gave us a few points but did not allow anybody to run away with the lead. Saturday we shot lights out and beat our two opponent teams 6 1/2 to 2 1/2, and won the flight by 1/2 point. Very happy indeed.attachicon.gifIMG_1541.JPG

At the awards dinner that evening we met a guest who was a member of the Philadelphia Eagles front office- he shared his ring!!

attachicon.gifIMG_1551.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_1552.JPG

Being from Philly, it was a real treat and for those of you who dont like Philadelphia, please see the attached link ...https://www.facebook.com/PhiladelphiaEaglesFrenzy/videos/2067311780154482/

So, then came Monday evening- where I attended a fundraising event for the Washington Capitals Alumni Association. It was the second year for the event, and I knew a few of the individuals from last year. There was a 3 foot tall, 35 pound special guest - standing next to it made the hair on the back of my neck stand up - just awesome! attachicon.gifIMG_1563.JPG

After a few adult beverages, I got to talking about playing goalie with a few other goaliesattachicon.gifIMG_1584.JPG (Olie Kolzig, me, Brent Johnson and Dave Parro -

Well, one thing lead to another, and on Tuesday evening I find myself.... well...attachicon.gifBonsai, me and Oli.jpg

That is Olie giving instructions to Peter Bondra and me

attachicon.gifTeam kneeling.jpg

The obligatory after game kneeling photo! What a wonderful group of memories!!

Wow what an incredible experience!! How many did Peter blow by ya? 🤣

Sent from my E6853 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

After a long time, I finally got a tattoo I had done for my son redone to look a hell of a lot better than it was.

From this: my tattoo2.JPG

To this: 20180629_195135.jpg

• Like 4

In the bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: M5 Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Fairway: Sub 70 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :755178188_TourEdge: CBX 119 19° hybrid Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

HOLY SMOKES! I WON! :D

Just happened to be on-line yesterday afternoon and saw the live MGS YouTube link pop in for a "closest-to-the-pin contest".

I was intrigued so I settled in to watch and participate. Part of the participation was guessing the distance closest for each stage and the person who guessed the correct distance (at least on the first stage) would win a custom wedge from Fourteen Golf, or a MGS head cover on other stages, and so on. I just took a stab at it in each stage and watched those guys pepper the green (and water) for the duration of the video-good fun!

This morning I woke up and looked at my phone as usual and see an email from Adam himself proclaiming yours truly as the winner of the wedge...!!! :o

I immediately responded back with my info and await hearing from Jacob with Fourteen Golf to start the customization process..!!! :rolleyes:

WOW! I am thrilled and my head is swimming with ideas-this aught to be fun! I will definitely keep you all informed as this goes along and I'll probably start a new thread soon as well.

Big thanks to Adam the whole MGS staff and huge thanks to Fourteen Golf for this amazing prize! I cannot wait! B)

• Like 9

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

lmao!  Oh yea that's a must....   ;)   When I pull my pocket picker out of my black golf bag old coots everywhere shake with fear!. :blink:   It reminds them of the days when Paladin (you young guns won't know who Paladin was) pulls out his six shooter and lays down the lead.  

Careful now......quite a few guys and gals here remember 'Have Gun Will Travel"  ^_^

• Like 2

Left Hand orientation

Cobra F Max 5 wood

Careful now......quite a few guys and gals here remember 'Have Gun Will Travel"  ^_^

Yeah... if they were born before 1950.

• Like 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

My son's team won their first PGA Jr match of the year yesterday, and he and his teammate captured 2 of the 3 flags in their match which was a lot of fun to see. 

He still needs a lot of work on his chipping, he either blades them or leaves them short, but his driver/fairway/hybrid were ON. They had a "par 4" at 226 yards and he nearly drove the green. I told him pretty soon he's going to need to give ME lessons! 

• Like 7

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:wilson_staff_small:  D7 R flex 
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:cleveland-small:  Smart Sole S
:cleveland-small: #10

Twitter: @russtopherb

My son's team won their first PGA Jr match of the year yesterday, and he and his teammate captured 2 of the 3 flags in their match which was a lot of fun to see. 

He still needs a lot of work on his chipping, he either blades them or leaves them short, but his driver/fairway/hybrid were ON. They had a "par 4" at 226 yards and he nearly drove the green. I told him pretty soon he's going to need to give ME lessons! 

Congrats to your son. Isn't it fun to watch kids develop like that. 

Left Hand orientation

Cobra F Max 5 wood

Congrats to your son. Isn't it fun to watch kids develop like that. 

It really is. After the match on the way to the car out of the blue he told me how much more fun he has playing golf than he did playing baseball. I've always told him that I don't care what he chooses to do, as long as he's having fun then I am 100% good with it, he shouldn't pick things just because I like them. But I can see him easily beating me in a few more years the way he's progressing! 

• Like 3

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:wilson_staff_small:  D7 R flex 
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:cleveland-small:  Smart Sole S
:cleveland-small: #10

Twitter: @russtopherb

It really is. After the match on the way to the car out of the blue he told me how much more fun he has playing golf than he did playing baseball. I've always told him that I don't care what he chooses to do, as long as he's having fun then I am 100% good with it, he shouldn't pick things just because I like them. But I can see him easily beating me in a few more years the way he's progressing! 

Nice!

Left Hand orientation

Cobra F Max 5 wood

Better take more lessons now!!

• Like 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

So I got good news last week and better news over the weekend.  The middle of last week I was pretty much done with golf for this season and tired of trying to play in pain or around pain which led to poor scores and no practice time.  I went Friday for an MRI on my elbow and it actually has improved quite a bit now that I am in better shape and working out again.  That was the first good news, but still did not solve why I am having pain in my elbow.  Thanks to our asst. pro and a doctor at my club that I play some golf with we have an answer.  Essentially everything that I did over the last few years to not hurt myself has led to an action that is terrible for my elbow but not necessary after losing 100 lbs.  I spent half and hour on the range with our asst. pro and the doc working on refining my action to not cause any discomfort.  I also am going back to my pitching days and will ice my elbow for half and hour after every round or practice session.  Happy to say that I hit 100 balls on Saturday and another 100 balls yesterday and felt great today.  Well great relatively speaking, but no discomfort that some Alieve could not solve.  Hopefully this trend keeps up and I can salvage some of my season.

• Like 9

In the Bag for 2020

PXG 0811XF Gen 2 10.5* (set at 9*) AD VR 6x

PXG 0341X Gen 2 15* AD TP 7x

PXG 0317X Gen 2 19* KBS Proto 95x

PXG 0311T Gen 3 4-6 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 ST 7 - PW KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50/10 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 54/10 & 58/07 TTDG TI S400

:rife-putters-1: Two Bar Blade Long 47"

So I got good news last week and better news over the weekend.  The middle of last week I was pretty much done with golf for this season and tired of trying to play in pain or around pain which led to poor scores and no practice time.  I went Friday for an MRI on my elbow and it actually has improved quite a bit now that I am in better shape and working out again.  That was the first good news, but still did not solve why I am having pain in my elbow.  Thanks to our asst. pro and a doctor at my club that I play some golf with we have an answer.  Essentially everything that I did over the last few years to not hurt myself has led to an action that is terrible for my elbow but not necessary after losing 100 lbs.  I spent half and hour on the range with our asst. pro and the doc working on refining my action to not cause any discomfort.  I also am going back to my pitching days and will ice my elbow for half and hour after every round or practice session.  Happy to say that I hit 100 balls on Saturday and another 100 balls yesterday and felt great today.  Well great relatively speaking, but no discomfort that some Alieve could not solve.  Hopefully this trend keeps up and I can salvage some of my season.

Awesome news JMike!  Hopefully you can get back out there soon...  

BTW - congrats on the weight loss; that's awesome!

• Like 1

StrokerAce
:tour-edge: EXS 220 HZRDUS Smoke
:cobra-small:  King F7 3w Fujikara 
:callaway-small:  Apex 20 Catalyst 6.0
:callaway-small:  Apex 23 Catalyst 6.0
:srixon-small: Z785 KBS CTaper lite
:cleveland-small:  RTX Zipcore 54/58 
:ping-small: Sigma G Kinloch C 
:918457628_PrecisionPro: nx7 pro rangefinder