TSauer

Happy thread

Not sure my wife and daughter liked the ride.

On the other hand I have not stopped laughing.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 8

So out of nowhere today in Disney my family was chosen to be the grand marshals of the daily parade. Really a once in a lifetime experience that I think SWMBO is smiling in her sleep over. They even gave us some cool ears for the occasion.

attachicon.gif53341423980__988C6588-B9F8-47E4-8EB0-1F8BA5CE2709.JPG

Neat - memories that'll last a lifetime.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Congrats!!  That's great news.  I'ts always nice to see the results of hard work.  Was it a specific diet, or just eating smarter?   

Just eating smarter really. More fiber and avoiding processed food as much as possible...although the occasional trip to a restaurant still happens.

• Like 3

Stitches came out of my foot today!!  No more taking showers with my foot double-bagged.   :)

Two more weeks before I can play again, but I can drive the cart and chip and putt.

• Like 8

Stitches came out of my foot today!! No more taking showers with my foot double-bagged. :)

Two more weeks before I can play again, but I can drive the cart and chip and putt.

That's great - a big step (no pun intended) to complete recovery

• Like 4

I've been to the range the last two days while on business in Arkansas, and I can say these KBS Tour V shafts are performing very well!! I had a shot pattern with the 7-8-9 today that was within a total width of a green I had targeted. The swing is still a work in progress, but the shaft change has made me VERY happy!

• Like 7

Had the opportunity to hit next to the best golfer in our area today.He has the most awkward - looping - somewhat over the top swing ever.The guy would make any online guru cringe and call him a heretic.Everyone of his strikes was so pure sounding and looking.Looked up his scores last year and he shot back to back 64's to win his 12 th county tourney.He was just a robot how accurate he is and long.Such a joy to see it today.None of us on here would even come close to touching this guy.What a pleasure today

• Like 3

Just over a week to go till my wife and I venture to the outback to spend the Holidays with my daughter and her boyfriend (where they live).  Nothing but anthills, kangaroos, and Rum.  Oh, and 100+ temps everyday with almost no clouds.   I'll still dream of golf though. :>)

• Like 3

Just over a week to go till my wife and I venture to the outback to spend the Holidays with my daughter and her boyfriend (where they live). Nothing but anthills, kangaroos, and Rum. Oh, and 100+ temps everyday with almost no clouds. I'll still dream of golf though. :>)

I know I asked you this before but where do they live in Australia? We visited my daughter and her husband in Hobart, Tasmania earlier this year. My wife and I got to play awesome courses including Barnboogle Dunes which is in the top 50 courses in the world.

What a great country - they only problem is the time it takes to get there. Took us a total of 30 hours airport to final airport (Hobart).

• Like 1

I know I asked you this before but where do they live in Australia? We visited my daughter and her husband in Hobart, Tasmania earlier this year. My wife and I got to play awesome courses including Barnboogle Dunes which is in the top 50 courses in the world.

What a great country - they only problem is the time it takes to get there. Took us a total of 30 hours airport to final airport (Hobart).

They are about 30 North of walk about Creek. A small town and hour from mount Isa Queensland called cloncurry.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

They are about 30 North of walk about Creek. A small town and hour from mount Isa Queensland called cloncurry.

Ah, banana benders!

LOL, I've been told that's because the south is just jealous, they only have serial killers there.

I might add, there are terms given to different parts of America that could cause negative responses. I would say that expression would not be in the Happy category.

... Oh, and 100+ temps everyday with almost no clouds...

Better bring extra rum 😁

MDGolfHacker

• Like 1

Had the opportunity to hit next to the best golfer in our area today.He has the most awkward - looping - somewhat over the top swing ever.The guy would make any online guru cringe and call him a heretic.Everyone of his strikes was so pure sounding and looking.Looked up his scores last year and he shot back to back 64's to win his 12 th county tourney.He was just a robot how accurate he is and long.Such a joy to see it today.None of us on here would even come close to touching this guy.What a pleasure today

... This reminds me of Johnny Miller describing Craig Parry's swing that was more than good enough to win a tournament: Parry has a swing that would make Ben Hogan "puke" even as Parry was in the process of winning the Ford Championship with his dramatic eagle on the first playoff hole Sunday. I kinda miss old school players like Floyd, Palmer, Rodriguez and Trevino that had amazing different swings that were "flawed" but good enough to beat the best players in the world. 

• Like 4

... This reminds me of Johnny Miller describing Craig Parry's swing that was more than good enough to win a tournament: Parry has a swing that would make Ben Hogan "puke" even as Parry was in the process of winning the Ford Championship with his dramatic eagle on the first playoff hole Sunday. I kinda miss old school players like Floyd, Palmer, Rodriguez and Trevino that had amazing different swings that were "flawed" but good enough to beat the best players in the world.

Those few extremely talented players are one of those reasons why the rest of us continue to play.

• Like 3

I would agree. The best player at our club has the weirdest swing I've seen. Makes me wonder about all those instructors that try to change your swing to look like the perfect textbook one

• Like 2

I would agree. The best player at our club has the weirdest swing I've seen. Makes me wonder about all those instructors that try to change your swing to look like the perfect textbook one

For Us mortals we need to be orthodox and comforming.A swing that is almost same plane back and thru with a clubface that stays relatively square is our goal.Doesnt have to be flashy.Just repeatable.And seems only way to learn this is from an instructor.No way could I tackle changing to this on my own

For Us mortals we need to be orthodox and comforming.A swing that is almost same plane back and thru with a clubface that stays relatively square is our goal.Doesnt have to be flashy.Just repeatable.And seems only way to learn this is from an instructor.No way could I tackle changing to this on my own

I do agree with you on this. I have an instructor who is working with me to ensure the result you stated (square on impact). Two lessons is all it took for me to understand what and how to do it. My drives are now on target.

On the other hand my previous two instructors wanted me to start from scratch and tried to give me too many things to work on at once.