Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Happy thread

TSauer

1 hour ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

This makes me happy/sad as we literally signed my oldest daughter up for kindergarten today. It's going to be a quick blink of an eye and she's moving out. Life is funny how it makes you proud and tearful at the same event. 

I was an absolute blubbering idiot the first day of Kindergarten for our first (daughter) when we finally "let go" for her first day. My Son's first day at Kindergarten 5-years later...not so much, but emotional none-the-less. Those LUVS commercials are pretty darn accurate to be honest...

You'll be fine. Enjoy the insanity and embrace the crazy!

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

19 hours ago, russtopherb said:

Loved seeing my beautiful daughter head off to her senior prom last night! F553B436-4B3E-4373-BA12-8AA19034E856.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's awesome Russ.  Did you tell her date, you'd be waiting up all night with a baseball bat at the ready 😎

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

28 minutes ago, jlukes said:

Blessed to have an unbelievable amount of family support 

Family can be an incredible thing.  My two sisters have been there for me many times over the years.   

10 hours ago, cnosil said:

Tomorrow my daughter will be graduating from high school.  So proud of all her accomplishments;  going to miss her when she goes away to college in a couple of months.

Congrats to her!!! My daughter graduates on Sunday. What a whirlwind this time is for both our kids and us as parents.

17 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

That's awesome Russ.  Did you tell her date, you'd be waiting up all night with a baseball bat at the ready 😎

Hahahaha not at all. He's a great kid, and they just went as friends. Our town hosts an after prom that nearly every single senior attends because it's so much fun. The majority of kids get the big party buses that pick them up at the high school prior to prom, and the school rents charter buses for the rest of the kids so no one has to drive. Then once prom is done, the kids are bused back to the high school where they stay until 5am. Parents are called once the kids get checked in, and kids cannot leave before 5am unless the parents are called and give approval. Helps keep the kids out of trouble but most importantly, SAFE. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

2 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

Congrats to her!!! My daughter graduates on Sunday. What a whirlwind this time is for both our kids and us as parents.

Hahahaha not at all. He's a great kid, and they just went as friends. Our town hosts an after prom that nearly every single senior attends because it's so much fun. The majority of kids get the big party buses that pick them up at the high school prior to prom, and the school rents charter buses for the rest of the kids so no one has to drive. Then once prom is done, the kids are bused back to the high school where they stay until 5am. Parents are called once the kids get checked in, and kids cannot leave before 5am unless the parents are called and give approval. Helps keep the kids out of trouble but most importantly, SAFE. 

We had a similar setup for ours in HS.  Except for the buses.  But back then in the dark ages, teen drinking wasnt as big of concern as it is now.   At least in our little town in Ohio. 

Glad she had a great time. 

That’s a great program.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

20 hours ago, TSauer said:

Haha yeah sorry, I didn't realize I left out the most important part. I got a job within the IT department working for the State of Missouri. 

Congrats and this sounds like it could be a career forever move for ya! 👏

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Congrats and this sounds like it could be a career forever move for ya! 

Thanks, man! It definitely will be the start of my forever career. Can’t wait to start!

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

Not sure if this is the right thread.. but the wife talked me into buying her a newer car

Sure it’s the correct thread, you’re wife’s happy, right

Rick

Left Hand, 

Yeah. I suppose it works. I don’t have to listen to the “requests” anymore. Haha.

Those aren’t “requests” they are subliminal demands!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Found a rust spot on it I didn’t notice that I’m going to have to take care of. Wish I could have talked her into waiting till we moved out of the salt belt... this place is not good on vehicles.

Get to spend the next 2 weeks finding a body shop that can fix it before the rust cancer spreads. 🤦🏼‍♂️ 🤷🏼‍♂️

Found a rust spot on it I didn’t notice that I’m going to have to take care of. Wish I could have talked her into waiting till we moved out of the salt belt... this place is not good on vehicles.

Get to spend the next 2 weeks finding a body shop that can fix it before the rust cancer spreads. 🤦🏼‍♂️ 🤷🏼‍♂️

Maybe wait until you move? Take your time finding a decent body shop close to your new digs?

Rick

Left Hand, 

14 minutes ago, Rickp said:

and the obvious answer is "yes, dear".

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Busy weekend,  so proud of this girl and all her accomplishments

syd1.thumb.jpg.44c897e4c86eecb8b3041f1d77c115df.jpg

Congratulations to your daughter and to her EXTREMELY Proud parents

Rick

Left Hand, 

Awesome! Congrats!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

Good work Mom & Dad!!! Congrats!!

Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)

#Powertotheplayers

Got a PM from @fixyurdivot yesterday and we've worked out a day to play golf while he & the wife come down this way later this week. Got an early tee-time set up at Banbury Golf Club and I'm really looking forward to meeting him and playing my first ever round with a fellow GolfSpy!🕵️‍♀️

Driver

#Powertotheplayers

At the bottom of the fitting sign you'll see that it's buy one and get the remaining at half off.

So, adding that up...
Driver 50
Irons 25 (50% off)
FW/hyb 20 (50% off)
Wedges 20 (50% off)
Putter 20 (50% off)

Out the door - 135 for the entire bag top to bottom... that is an awesome deal.

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

Got a PM from [mention=81655]fixyurdivot[/mention] yesterday and we've worked out a day to play golf while he & the wife come down this way later this week. Got an early tee-time set up at Banbury Golf Club and I'm really looking forward to meeting him and playing my first ever round with a fellow GolfSpy!🕵️♀️

Have a great day guys!

Rick

Left Hand, 

30 minutes ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

I've been so envious of those folks who live within driving distance of a PGA superstore.... I imagined it as a golfers playground that would be hard to walk out of.  We had a GolfSmith open near me a few years ago but it collapsed under it's own weight and since then there hasn't been a real golf shop within a reasonable distance.

On June 1st the PGASS opened up in a former Toys R Us location and it is about a 40 minute drive from me so last night I decided to go check it out....

IMG_20190601_164038.jpg

IMG_20190601_183251.jpg

WOW this place is gigantic!  Biggest golf store I've ever seen...I thought that GolfSmith was big... WHOA

IMG_20190601_180716.jpg

rows and rows and rows of shoes...

IMG_20190601_164755.jpg

HOLY SMOKES!  That's a beautiful shoe but whew that's expensive..

IMG_20190601_165522.jpg

The most extensive collection of Evnroll putters I've seen in person.  Got to roll them all ... even the all black one.  🙂

IMG_20190601_165806.jpg

Mygolfspy representing !!  woo-hoo... 😉

IMG_20190601_170320.jpg

A good collection of those crazy looking Axis1 putters....rolled a couple and after the initial weird look they put a good roll on the ball.  Not cheap - around 350 or so I think but hey, if it works...

IMG_20190601_170530.jpg

Everything was out - mostly in plastic - but for some reason the Scotty's were all in a locked case.  And they weren't even the most expensive putters there!  I get it - Scotty Cameron, ooooo-ahhhhh, but c'mon...locked up?  That is a bit hubristic.  Must be a special deal they have with the OEM or something.

IMG_20190601_171038.jpgIMG_20190601_171105.jpg

Most beautiful and favorite putter I saw in the store... I think it was around 450, but man was it NICE.  The Toulon boys sure know how to make a nice flatstick.

IMG_20190601_175436.jpg

Thought this was funny....Don't tell me Tiger doesn't move the needle on apparel! If I showed up at most of the courses around me wearing this they'd tell me I couldn't play unless I have a collared shirt.  Seriously... "Novelty collar polo" hahaha; where I'm from they  call these a henley.

IMG_20190601_181746.jpgIMG_20190601_181958.jpg

Gratuitous photo of the ONE set of Ping Blueprints they had on the shelf.  
Good grief these are absolute works of art.... a beautiful club from head to toe.
Compared them to the g410 - it's obviously on the right in pic above and these are 8 irons.  That clubhead in the blueprint is tiny so it would make most everything next to it look huge.  Small and thin - a true ball strikers club.
Another thing I noticed when looking at the Ping's is they all now seem to have the screw in the toe...at least all of the newer models - even the blades. 

IMG_20190601_165259.jpgIMG_20190601_165232.jpgIMG_20190601_182357.jpgIMG_20190601_182410.jpg

The entire left had side of the store are hitting bays....at the end there were 4 'practice' bays and - as you can see - they had fitting bays and instruction bays as well.  The hitting bays just had nets (not screens like the others) but - they all had GCquad AND ... get this... a camera pointed at you and when you finish your shot the computer screen shows it on GC Quad and also shows a video of your swing.... had never seen that before.  They also had a good deal if you lived in the area - for 100.00 you could get a 1 year membership and bring your clubs and hit in the bays whenever you want year-round....I thought he also said you could rent one too but might have misunderstood.

IMG_20190601_182324.jpgIMG_20190601_182340.jpg

Finally....their fitting prices are fantastic!  50.00 for most everything a 40.00 for 1 hour putter fitting....with launch monitor and video... that is half of what it costs most anywhere else around me.  I'll definitely be back for that!

Hope you enjoyed the tour....all in all it is a great place.
I was disappointed in the lack of grand opening deals - shoes at "10.00 off" is not a deal... you can find most everything in there but not everything ... their putter selection was fine but other than the Toulon I didn't see another #9 in the store.  WTH?

And did I say it was big... remember how big Toys R Us stores were ?  yeah... it just keeps going back.  Hopefully they have enough business to stick around because that's a lot of real estate!

What a great write-up! Felt like I was there with you! So jealous!!!

Driver

#Powertotheplayers

12 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Have a great day guys!

Thanks Rick! Banbury usually chews me up, but it is definitely a great track with lots of pretty views and well kept. Many say it is the most beautiful and best maintained non-private club around. I agree.

http://www.banburygolf.com/

Driver

#Powertotheplayers

1 hour ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

I've been so envious of those folks who live within driving distance of a PGA superstore.... I imagined it as a golfers playground that would be hard to walk out of.  We had a GolfSmith open near me a few years ago but it collapsed under it's own weight and since then there hasn't been a real golf shop within a reasonable distance.

On June 1st the PGASS opened up in a former Toys R Us location and it is about a 40 minute drive from me so last night I decided to go check it out....

IMG_20190601_164038.jpg

IMG_20190601_183251.jpg

WOW this place is gigantic!  Biggest golf store I've ever seen...I thought that GolfSmith was big... WHOA

IMG_20190601_180716.jpg

rows and rows and rows of shoes...

IMG_20190601_164755.jpg

HOLY SMOKES!  That's a beautiful shoe but whew that's expensive..

IMG_20190601_165522.jpg

The most extensive collection of Evnroll putters I've seen in person.  Got to roll them all ... even the all black one.  🙂

IMG_20190601_165806.jpg

Mygolfspy representing !!  woo-hoo... 😉

IMG_20190601_170320.jpg

A good collection of those crazy looking Axis1 putters....rolled a couple and after the initial weird look they put a good roll on the ball.  Not cheap - around 350 or so I think but hey, if it works...

IMG_20190601_170530.jpg

Everything was out - mostly in plastic - but for some reason the Scotty's were all in a locked case.  And they weren't even the most expensive putters there!  I get it - Scotty Cameron, ooooo-ahhhhh, but c'mon...locked up?  That is a bit hubristic.  Must be a special deal they have with the OEM or something.

IMG_20190601_171038.jpgIMG_20190601_171105.jpg

Most beautiful and favorite putter I saw in the store... I think it was around 450, but man was it NICE.  The Toulon boys sure know how to make a nice flatstick.

IMG_20190601_175436.jpg

Thought this was funny....Don't tell me Tiger doesn't move the needle on apparel! If I showed up at most of the courses around me wearing this they'd tell me I couldn't play unless I have a collared shirt.  Seriously... "Novelty collar polo" hahaha; where I'm from they  call these a henley.

IMG_20190601_181746.jpgIMG_20190601_181958.jpg

Gratuitous photo of the ONE set of Ping Blueprints they had on the shelf.  
Good grief these are absolute works of art.... a beautiful club from head to toe.
Compared them to the g410 - it's obviously on the right in pic above and these are 8 irons.  That clubhead in the blueprint is tiny so it would make most everything next to it look huge.  Small and thin - a true ball strikers club.
Another thing I noticed when looking at the Ping's is they all now seem to have the screw in the toe...at least all of the newer models - even the blades. 

IMG_20190601_165259.jpgIMG_20190601_165232.jpgIMG_20190601_182357.jpgIMG_20190601_182410.jpg

The entire left had side of the store are hitting bays....at the end there were 4 'practice' bays and - as you can see - they had fitting bays and instruction bays as well.  The hitting bays just had nets (not screens like the others) but - they all had GCquad AND ... get this... a camera pointed at you and when you finish your shot the computer screen shows it on GC Quad and also shows a video of your swing.... had never seen that before.  They also had a good deal if you lived in the area - for 100.00 you could get a 1 year membership and bring your clubs and hit in the bays whenever you want year-round....I thought he also said you could rent one too but might have misunderstood.

IMG_20190601_182324.jpgIMG_20190601_182340.jpg

Finally....their fitting prices are fantastic!  50.00 for most everything a 40.00 for 1 hour putter fitting....with launch monitor and video... that is half of what it costs most anywhere else around me.  I'll definitely be back for that!

Hope you enjoyed the tour....all in all it is a great place.
I was disappointed in the lack of grand opening deals - shoes at "10.00 off" is not a deal... you can find most everything in there but not everything ... their putter selection was fine but other than the Toulon I didn't see another #9 in the store.  WTH?

And did I say it was big... remember how big Toys R Us stores were ?  yeah... it just keeps going back.  Hopefully they have enough business to stick around because that's a lot of real estate!

Wow - did I see 1 lefty putter in those pics??? Might be worth a trip out there. 🤣

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

1 hour ago, tony@CIC said:

Wow - did I see 1 lefty putter in those pics??? Might be worth a trip out there. 🤣

They did have a lefty section. About 50 or so with a decent variety. That part could definitely use some help..

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

They did have a lefty section. About 50 or so with a decent variety. That part could definitely use some help..

As every shop does.
It’s disappointing how us lefties get “left out”, sorry.
The 2 golf shop in our area they have little to nothing for us to really look at.
Good thing balls aren’t left and right hand we would be in big trouble.

Rick

Left Hand,