Happy thread

Our Sponsors

17 years ago my wife said I do. Not sure if it was her best decision but damn glad she has stuck it out with me this long.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 9

In the Bag for 2020

PXG 0811XF Gen 2 10.5* (set at 9*) AD VR 6x

PXG 0341X Gen 2 15* AD TP 7x

PXG 0317X Gen 2 19* KBS Proto 95x

PXG 0311T Gen 3 4-6 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 ST 7 - PW KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50/10 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 54/10 & 58/07 TTDG TI S400

:rife-putters-1: Two Bar Blade Long 47"

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This little munchkin joined us 2 days ago! Mom and baby are doing well! Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

My twin boys were just born a week ago!     Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Well here's some great news: We just signed docs for purchase of a condo adjacent to #1 green at our club. We're doing the happy dance after 4 very stressful days wondering where we were going to live

Posted Images

New series of Doctor Who starts at 1:45pm today.

In the bag:
:taylormade-small: M5 Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Fairway: Sub 70 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX 119 19° hybrid Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 4-GW UST Mamiya Recoil 680 F4
:cleveland-small: Smartsole S
:yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

Testing: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Notre Dame  6-0 !!

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

Played 9. Terrible. Long irons were sharks with laser beams. But I have developed a push with mid and short irons.

Also lots of ballooning. Got a new wedge trick in the bag though.

Time to get fit and take some lessons. Ever since my shoulder surgery I’ve had a heck of a time getting my lower body clear. Not sure how that correlates...

• Like 2

Seemed to have fixed my swing issues just in time for Pine Valley on Thursday.

I just can't wait to experience the course. I hope I play okay, but score will be secondary. I will not let an ounce of frustration enter my body and take away from this experience.

• Like 5

In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 Stand Bag

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* Tour AD BB 6X
:ping-small: G410 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X
:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X
:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X
:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Oban CT 115 X(-)
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 49F - 54S - 59D
Putter ?????
:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

SuperSpeed Forum Tester
Initial Driver Speed on Provided Monitor: 109 MPH

I just can't wait to experience the course. I hope I play okay, but score will be secondary. I will not let an ounce of frustration enter my body and take away from this experience.

Make sure you give the Turtle Soup a try if you get to eat in the grill room. Also, listen to your caddy as they know the course well and can give a lot of great advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

In the Bag for 2020

Enjoy the day!! Play well, have fun!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

At the tail end of a 16 hour day today I got an email for a golf invite to Trump Westchester on Friday. My first thought was to say no due to work commitments and then well I sent my admin an email and let her know I was taking Friday off. Haven’t hit a ball in over two weeks but it is one of my favorite tracks so why not?

• Like 6

In the Bag for 2020

4 hours ago, Jmikecpa said:

At the tail end of a 16 hour day today I got an email for a golf invite to Trump Westchester on Friday. My first thought was to say no due to work commitments and then well I sent my admin an email and let her know I was taking Friday off. Haven’t hit a ball in over two weeks but it is one of my favorite tracks so why not?

As my brother keeps telling me "no-one ever said on their death bed, I wish I'd spent more time at work!"

Enjoy the game, you're worth it!

• Like 6

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

Most of us enjoy watching the Class of 2011 on the pro tour.    I have had the opportunity to watch the future classes of golfers on a much lower level, but never the less, more enjoyable on a personal level.   A close friend of mine has a grandchild that is the number 3 player on his high school team as a freshman.   A year of so ago, my friend and I were playing golf and he noticed some improvement in my game and asked how he heck did that happen.   I told him that I was taking lessons from a local PGA teaching pro.   He then asked me to see if the pro would be willing to work with a youngster because he saw the natural talent in his grandson.   So I asked the pro and he responded that he loved to work with young golfers one on one.   Not only has the pro been working with the youngster but he is super enthused doing so.  

My friend and I constantly discuss the youngster's progress,   My friend also knows that I have an interest in his progress.   So he said to me that it would be helpful if someone other than his grandfather and his instructor would support and encourage him.   Last week I went with my friend to watch his grandson and his teammates compete in the local high school championship which they won and his grandson had the third lowest score of all the players most of whom were seniors.   Yesterday, I went to watch them compete in the eastern shore district championship.   While another school beat them by one stroke in the team total, they never the less did qualify for the coming State championship in their division.  

While I was at those tournaments to support my friend's grandson,  I found that I genuinely enjoyed watching all the youngsters play.    I saw the personal relationships that they had developed over the season of play beyond their teammates and the sportsmanship that they displayed.   I realized that I am watching some "really good kids" both as golfers and future adults.   While since my days of playing a team sport times have changed,  it seems that the values and lessons learned by participating in athletics and on a team have not diminished.  

While my friend and I have no illusions about his grandson playing on a Division I college team or every being a pro,  I find it extremely rewarding and enjoyable to support youngsters in their athletic and team activities even if they are not your child.  Most likely you will be supporting some "really good kids" that will be needed in our future.

• Like 6

Do it, life is short. I’ve found out over many years the work will always be there.

• Like 3

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

Most of us enjoy watching the Class of 2011 on the pro tour.    I have had the opportunity to watch the future classes of golfers on a much lower level, but never the less, more enjoyable on a personal level.   A close friend of mine has a grandchild that is the number 3 player on his high school team as a freshman.   A year of so ago, my friend and I were playing golf and he noticed some improvement in my game and asked how he heck did that happen.   I told him that I was taking lessons from a local PGA teaching pro.   He then asked me to see if the pro would be willing to work with a youngster because he saw the natural talent in his grandson.   So I asked the pro and he responded that he loved to work with young golfers one on one.   Not only has the pro been working with the youngster but he is super enthused doing so.  
My friend and I constantly discuss the youngster's progress,   My friend also knows that I have an interest in his progress.   So he said to me that it would be helpful if someone other than his grandfather and his instructor would support and encourage him.   Last week I went with my friend to watch his grandson and his teammates compete in the local high school championship which they won and his grandson had the third lowest score of all the players most of whom were seniors.   Yesterday, I went to watch them compete in the eastern shore district championship.   While another school beat them by one stroke in the team total, they never the less did qualify for the coming State championship in their division.  
While I was at those tournaments to support my friend's grandson,  I found that I genuinely enjoyed watching all the youngsters play.    I saw the personal relationships that they had developed over the season of play beyond their teammates and the sportsmanship that they displayed.   I realized that I am watching some "really good kids" both as golfers and future adults.   While since my days of playing a team sport times have changed,  it seems that the values and lessons learned by participating in athletics and on a team have not diminished.  
While my friend and I have no illusions about his grandson playing on a Division I college team or every being a pro,  I find it extremely rewarding and enjoyable to support youngsters in their athletic and team activities even if they are not your child.  Most likely you will be supporting some "really good kids" that will be needed in our future.

Great story, kids need the personal interaction and positive support from adults.

• Like 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

10 hours ago, perseveringgolfer said:

As my brother keeps telling me "no-one ever said on their death bed, I wish I'd spent more time at work!"

Enjoy the game, you're worth it!

I am not sure it is actually possibly to work more hours in a week than I have been doing the last two months.  It comes and it goes for me, but 10 more years of this and I should be able to move onto a second career with a lot less stress.

• Like 3

In the Bag for 2020

Great decision! Plenty of other days/hours already put in and yet to come that make up for a day of golf. Enjoy it!

• Like 2

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14

17 hours ago, Jmikecpa said:

I am not sure it is actually possibly to work more hours in a week than I have been doing the last two months.  It comes and it goes for me, but 10 more years of this and I should be able to move onto a second career with a lot less stress.

Do you want to invest in a bar in Florida in about 7 years? 😁

• Like 3

In the bag:
:taylormade-small: M5 Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Fairway: Sub 70 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX 119 19° hybrid Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 4-GW UST Mamiya Recoil 680 F4
:cleveland-small: Smartsole S
:yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

Testing: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Not a bad way to spend a Friday....IMG_3623.JPGIMG_3634.thumb.JPG.a965b27c345ca529fec6f32c7430e0e3.JPGIMG_3637.thumb.JPG.6422a4fed0745d7557e013ef72077123.JPG

• Like 6

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: C130S

Driver: :ping-small: G410 9* w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Fairway: :ping-small: G410 15*  w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Hybrids: :ping-small: G410 22*  w/ Tensei Blue

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX919 HMP 5-AW Forged w/ Modus 120s

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX4 55*/60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spyder X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5

New driver came in today. Got a family and friends discount through Taylormade and saved $175 off retail.

Pumped! IMG_0049.JPG

• Like 4

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14