Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

The KZG VC-460 Driver: unknown, unreal!

PMookie

Newly released in July is the KZG VC-460 driver. Here is the information from the KZG website:

"VC-460

Low Spin Rate

Outstanding Distance With Forgiveness

Universal Appeal For A Wide Range Of Players

The VC-460 offers just about everything a golfer is looking for: outstanding distance, solid sound and feel, plus forgiveness.

The VC-460 is based on our very popular VC-420 model, which was designed for the competitive player and offers the lowest spin rate we have ever tested in a driver. By popular demand, we now offer the VC-460, which is much more forgiving and will appeal to a wider range of golfers.

As with all KZG drivers, there is no adjustable hosel. Our worldwide network of elite fitters, coupled with professional teachers are unanimous: If you want your swing in a groove, clubs should be properly fit to each golfer and the specifications maintained, not changed.

The VC-460 is a very sophisticated clubhead that is more costly to manufacture, as the body is one-piece vacuum cast titanium for superior durability. The sound, feel and performance are solid. The entire head has been designed to produce a very low spin rate, which produces a lower trajectory, resulting in great carry distance and greater roll."

I had hit the VC-420 a few months ago during a shaft fitting and it was a decent driver, just not very forgiving, had a hard feel to it, and it couldn't beat my Epic. When I left that fitting my teacher told me the 460cc was coming-out in July, so he told me he'd let me know when it came in and that I should hit it.

This driver is legit, and lives-up to the claims made in the description on the website. It's low-spin: I averaged just over 2200 rpms in my fitting and I'm a high-spin player. This was significantly lower than the 420.

It's forgiving: this is why I bought this driver- I reduced my side-to-side dispersion, according to the TrackMan dispersion map, by almost 15 yards... CRAZY.

This driver is LONG: the numbers I had in three Epic SZ fittings showed me averaging around 273-275 carry. This one averaged 282!

It has a better feel than the 420, and a better sound. It sounds somewhat like the original Ping G30, a little "tinny", but with a slightly deeper sound to it. Definitely "metallic".

It has a matte black top, super deep face, and it sits slightly closed. This one was built to be 1* open, from standard, so it's still slightly closed. This driver is not adjustable and it doesn't bother me in the least. Based on my numbers, and what I saw hit out on to the range from the fitting bay, I don't need adjustments. This driver fits me just right.

Most have not heard of KZG, I wouldn't think, but there was a driver they made a few years ago that had a "dual face", was called the "Gemini", and from what I read, it was crazy accurate. They make irons, hybrids, fairways, etc. I've only ever hit their drivers...

I have had a LOT of drivers, and it's the LEAST safe club in my bag. I really like my Epic SZ, but I really needed a little more forgiveness, but I also needed to keep my spin down, which didn't appear possible. In the KZG VC-460 I improved my distance by a significant margin, I kept my spin down, increased ball speed, increased swing speed, and decreased my dispersion significantly... How could I possibly keep the Sub Zero in the bag?

If you ever get a chance to try the KZG VC-460, do it. It will be worth it!

Here are the pics of my fitting numbers. The computer went out later in my lesson so we could only find these four shots from my Epic. There are two very good ones there- both at 1.52 smash factor.

IMG_3760.PNG

Next, here are the numbers I achieved with the KZG VC-460 (you can even see the ORANGE dispersion circle):

IMG_3761.PNG

Here are some pics of the driver. My only "dislike" would be the coloring on the driver. Shiny chrome and gold is NOT my favorite, but thankfully, I don't see the sole at address!

IMG_3728.JPG

Here is the link to the website:

http://kzg.com/club/vc-460/

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

What did that set you back with the Atmos in there?

:wilson_staff_small:  Cortex w/MGS Motore X F1 7X tipped 1"

:wilson_staff_small: F5 17 degree hybrid w/Rogue Black 85X

:wilson_staff_small:C300 Forged 3-5 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6 5-6 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Blade 7-PW w/C-Taper 130X

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52, 56, 60 w/S400 Tour Issue

:EVNROLL: ER7

That's a good looking driver IMO. And a nice write up too with lots of good pictures. I like that.

I'd certainly be interested in trying one. I've never played KZG clubs. Although, soon I will as I purchased a combo set of irons from one of our forum members back in April. https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/18922-fs-kzg-combo-iron-set-16-clubs-total/?hl=%2Bkzg+%2Birons Soon I plan to ship these irons to my fitter and have them reshafted and setup to my specs.

I currently play a 2014 SLDR that has been a great driver for me. I really don't have any plans to replace it. My only experience with a custom driver was a Wishon 919 THI a couple of years ago. I'm sad to say that it didn't work out and I'm not really sure why. It's was a beautiful club that my fitter built for me after our fitting. Like the KZG the Wishon is also non-adjustable. The head was specific to my fitting and then could be adjusted by my fitter as the hosel is bendable. During my fitting the LM numbers all looked great. On paper anyway. In the real world I experienced much different results. I wasn't able to be fit outdoors which I believe would have made a huge difference as we could have adjusted it on the fly. But that option just wasn't available to me at that time. To my fitters credit he allowed me to return the driver for a refund. He's a stand-up guy and guarantees all his builds. I've since bought other clubs (wedges, FW wood) from him and will continue to do so in the future. So maybe a KZG driver might in the cards for me down the road one day. Certainly worth looking into I think.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

That's a good looking driver IMO. And a nice write up too with lots of good pictures. I like that.

I'd certainly be interested in trying one. I've never played KZG clubs. Although, soon I will as I purchased a combo set of irons from one of our forum members back in April. https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/18922-fs-kzg-combo-iron-set-16-clubs-total/?hl=%2Bkzg+%2Birons Soon I plan to ship these irons to my fitter and have them reshafted and setup to my specs.

I currently play a 2014 SLDR that has been a great driver for me. I really don't have any plans to replace it. My only experience with a custom driver was a Wishon 919 THI a couple of years ago. I'm sad to say that it didn't work out and I'm not really sure why. It's was a beautiful club that my fitter built for me after our fitting. Like the KZG the Wishon is also non-adjustable. The head was specific to my fitting and then could be adjusted by my fitter as the hosel is bendable. During my fitting the LM numbers all looked great. On paper anyway. In the real world I experienced much different results. I wasn't able to be fit outdoors which I believe would have made a huge difference as we could have adjusted it on the fly. But that option just wasn't available to me at that time. To my fitters credit he allowed me to return the driver for a refund. He's a stand-up guy and guarantees all his builds. I've since bought other clubs (wedges, FW wood) from him and will continue to do so in the future. So maybe a KZG driver might in the cards for me down the road one day. Certainly worth looking into I think.

What you touch-on here is what I love about my coach's set-up: one hits out of the bay on to the range. There's no substitute for seeing the ACTUAL ball flight and not just what is projected on to a screen.

I've been fitted a number of times and the club didn't work out... Initial on-course results are good with this one. Lord knows, my coach gave me a lesson, so adding the adjustments with the new driver will be ugly initially until I hammer out the changes, but I really like what I'm seeing.

What did that set you back with the Atmos in there?

$450, but only $115 after I sold my other driver on eBay yesterday!!!!

I tracked some drives when I ran to the course Friday to see what it could do in "real life". The last three were all hit on the 9th hole. I only played 9 and was really just hitting 3-4 drives with this on each of the holes driver could be used. All holes are dead-flat, and 9 was downwind about 5mph.

I've had a variety of kzg sticks. Several sets of irons, woods, and drivers. The A fairway wood is still one of my favorites. The dual faced Gemini driver is still great, and I still have 1 I keep ready. I'd be very interested in trying 1, if I can find a little flexible income. I'd just have to order a lefty.

$450, but only $115 after I sold my other driver on eBay yesterday!!!!

That's a pretty good deal! Can you break down head and shaft for us? It looks like you got great results. It's funny. I hit the Black 7X in a Ping G and it was complete garbage number wise. I hit it in a G400 and the numbers were awesome. Enjoy the new stick!

:wilson_staff_small:  Cortex w/MGS Motore X F1 7X tipped 1"

:wilson_staff_small: F5 17 degree hybrid w/Rogue Black 85X

:wilson_staff_small:C300 Forged 3-5 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6 5-6 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Blade 7-PW w/C-Taper 130X

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52, 56, 60 w/S400 Tour Issue

:EVNROLL: ER7

That's a pretty good deal! Can you break down head and shaft for us? It looks like you got great results. It's funny. I hit the Black 7X in a Ping G and it was complete garbage number wise. I hit it in a G400 and the numbers were awesome. Enjoy the new stick!

The head is 8.75 degrees, one degree open. Here's the link to the Atmos series on Fujikura's site.

http://www.fujikuragolf.com/woods/atmos-tour-spec/

A few months back I hit this same shaft in the VC-420 and it was ok. My spin numbers with that head and the Atmos Black were just too high. It worked great in this head. It's nowhere near as "boardy" as my Hzrdus black, that I liked. I can definitely feel the shaft more in the Atmos Black Tour Spec. 6 is light for me, and it will take a bit to get used to that, but in just the few days I've had it, I've enjoyed it.

• 3 weeks later...

I just beat my longest drive ever by 8 yards today!!! 20 mph wind at my back and very hard fairway!

IMG_3938.PNGIMG_3939.JPG

Wowser!

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

This driver is absolutely LEGIT!!! Tracked drives today:

IMG_3942.PNG

And a note on my “missed” fairways, the fairways where I play are 21 yards wide... So, just because I show a “miss” doesn't mean it was wild left/right.

I sent a message through the KZG site of my success with my driver yesterday and let them know of my posts in social media and I received a reply from the President of the company thanking me for sending them the info. She asked for a pic of me holding my driver so they could use it for advertising, so I did. Pretty cool!!!

Here is a pic of a post I put-up in the Epic thread. This was a good day of averages with my Sub Zero. If you take that average of 295.4, and then average my VC-460 drives I've posted, which come out to 321.3, I have gained the UNHEARD OF 25.9 yards!!!!!!!!!

Holy crap!!!! That's INSANE!IMG_3994.PNG

Great review. Always had a soft spot for KZG I used to play their ZO Blades and Tour Evos and wedges. The fairway woods are great also. The SP700 driver was good.

Ping G410 LST 10.5 set -1* Flat Accra TZ5 65 M5

Callaway Epic Flash 15* set -1 Aldila ATX Blue 75TX

Ben Hogan FT Worth Hi 19* KBS Tour V X

Ben Hogan PTX Pro 4-P KBS Tour V X 2* Flat 4* loft increments

Hogan Equalizer 50* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 X 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 56* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 62* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

EVNROLL ER7 P2 Aware Tour
Scotty Cameron Newport2 Buttonback P2 Aware Tour Grip
Snell MTB-X

Great review. Always had a soft spot for KZG I used to play their ZO Blades and Tour Evos and wedges. The fairway woods are great also. The SP700 driver was good.

I've never even tried anything of theirs other than the two drivers from this year. I'd be curious to hit the irons.

My fitter wanted me to try a set and I was on the fence I should have listened.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

The Prez at KZG said I'd be happily surprised if I gave them a shot. I have a lesson in two weeks so I may hit them just to see. Lord knows, I can't afford irons at this point!!! I'll at least have some feedback for them.

They are pricey not as bad a Muira but not cheap

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I was surprised how expensive: $170-180/club.

Archived