RobinArthur

The XCalibers are NOT dead. I've been vry sick for a long time.

It's always great to hear from you Robin! I had a gut feeling that you were ill so I've been praying for you. Glad to learn you're doing better!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Great news you are feeling better Robin, glad to have you back.  Sounds like a very excited 2018 and I can't wait to see/hear how the new shafts perform.

Thanks for the update!

• Like 1

Glad to hear you're doing much better Robin.  Get well soon.  I could use a new fitting too.  Age is catching up to me!

• Like 1

Good to hear from you Robin and that your health is improving.

• Like 1

Good to have you back Robin - the golf world is better with you in it! Can't wait to see what the new offerings bring to the table. Stay in touch

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Never tried anything from Xcaliber, but I'm curious to see the new line. I tried to find some prices on the older lines but it was a little bit of a struggle. Just out of curiosity, what would be your most similar driver shaft to the Rogue Silver 70X? Thank you!

Robin, glad to hear your getting better. You make some amazing golf shafts. Looking forward to the new items in ‘18

I don't get to the forums much, but I just saw this.

Good to hear from you, Robin. I am glad you're doing well, and I hope you continue to do so!

Sorry to hear of the health concerns. But welcome back.

Hey Gentlemen!

Thanks so much for your well wishes.  It's great to be back and kickin' arse.  Everything's running in high-gear to have a complete new launch in Feb w/ like I said a new Internet Mktg strategy, Sales Team geared esp. toward the club makers, fitters and enthusiasts, videos, a site blog etc., etc. So stay tuned.

But what's more important to me is that everyone has stuck w/ me and expressed nothing but well wishes across the board.  THAT in itself humbles me and makes me want to work harder and imagineer better to help y'all in any way possible.  

To Rtracymog - I see i never answered your? re: an equiv. to the Rogue - a great shaft.  But when Feb comes you may want to consider the PRO T6+, or even the new TSL - a 50 gram shaft that's designed for those w/ high swing speeds and quicker tempos/transitions...nothing like it in the world...

Thanks again to ALL!  I'm on it !!!

R

• Like 3

Hey Gentlemen!

Thanks so much for your well wishes. It's great to be back and kickin' arse. Everything's running in high-gear to have a complete new launch in Feb w/ like I said a new Internet Mktg strategy, Sales Team geared esp. toward the club makers, fitters and enthusiasts, videos, a site blog etc., etc. So stay tuned.

But what's more important to me is that everyone has stuck w/ me and expressed nothing but well wishes across the board. THAT in itself humbles me and makes me want to work harder and imagineer better to help y'all in any way possible.

To Rtracymog - I see i never answered your? re: an equiv. to the Rogue - a great shaft. But when Feb comes you may want to consider the PRO T6+, or even the new TSL - a 50 gram shaft that's designed for those w/ high swing speeds and quicker tempos/transitions...nothing like it in the world...

Thanks again to ALL! I'm on it !!!

R

50g that can handle a high swing speed? You had my interest but now you certainly have my attention.

• Like 1

I reshafted an Adams Blue driver for my Mom with an Xcaliber tour SL in ladies flex. Of course I had to test it out- while wildly unsuitable for my swing, that shaft felt very -surprisingly- stable. Very smooth- maybe too much "kick"- but again- far outside my parameters- I never fought it left or right, just swung away and got repeatable natural draw flight. Of course it went to the moon and 50 or so yards short, but c'mon- 12° Adams Blue driver with a ladies shaft? I'll be watching this line for any future reshaftings.

I reshafted an Adams Blue driver for my Mom with an Xcaliber tour SL in ladies flex. Of course I had to test it out- while wildly unsuitable for my swing, that shaft felt very -surprisingly- stable. Very smooth- maybe too much "kick"- but again- far outside my parameters- I never fought it left or right, just swung away and got repeatable natural draw flight. Of course it went to the moon and 50 or so yards short, but c'mon- 12° Adams Blue driver with a ladies shaft? I'll be watching this line for any future reshaftings.

Greetings and thanks for the post!  The SL has been a great product and took me over 2 years to develop until i was satisfied.  The new '18 SL45...well there'll be no other shaft like that one in the world.  Stay tuned... 

Awesome to hear you're doing better.

I forgot to mention...I LOVE the picture of Slammin' Sammy!!!  He grew up in WV not so far from where i grew up.  I met him at a Senior event.  I was introduced by Bobby Nichols (his son Rick was my Tour Rep while at Grafalloy) who said..."Sammy, Sammy...this is the boy i've been tellin' you about.  This is Robin.  he designed that shaft you love so much and he's from WV too...".  We shook hands and he said..."So...you're from WV?"  "Yes Sir Mr. Snead"..."Isn't that a good place to be....FROM?".  "Why...you're still just an ole ornery hillbilly ain't cha?".  "Damn right Son!  And don't you ever change either...".

Priceless!!!

• Like 5

Robin, where abouts are you headquartered?

I'd love to see the facility (and maybe get fitted) some time.

Thanks Robin Arthur for your reply. I will definitely be looking at these shafts. Any thoughts on a guy who has a relatively smooth transition and a high swing speed (for an amateur) - 110-119, who likes a mid-range (weight wise) shaft? Also- I tend to fight with high torque shafts- push slice or snap hook... Thanks in advance.