RobinArthur

The XCalibers are NOT dead. I've been vry sick for a long time.

Hey Robin,

If I recall correctly, they were stiff. I honestly don't know if boardy would be the right description, but it felt stiffer than the 680 F4. Also I wasn't getting the distance of the Recoils and they weren't as "on line". Maybe I should have tried a regular flex.

When your new line comes out, I might order a 6 iron head or two and a few shafts and see what happens.

Matt

Hey Matt -

I just checked the zone freqs again on both the the Recoil 95 and the Xcal T-X both s-flexes (I don't have data on the 860 because at the time I was told by "someone..." that the 95 was a lot better playing shaft than the 860 - it was def. a lot more expensive...).  Anyway, strictly speaking from a spec standpoint, the Recoil 95's stiffness distribution is a lot stiffer than that of the T-X shafts esp. in the lower 16-18".  So one might expect the former to play/feel stiffer than the later but obviously that wasn't the case.  I'm assuming you were using the exact same head, checked the lofts/lies and at least followed my white toward direction of ball-flight assy. technique which is intended to easily locate and assemble a club along that particular shaft's most stable plane.  But who knows eh?  but your fall-back thoughts are good ones and i look fwd. to being involved/hearing more feedback for sure.  And I'll keep saying this...I don't have the ego that can be prevalent in this industry.  My friend, I learn as much from y'all as you do from me and that's why it's a great symbiotic relationship.  I take all feedback to heart and simply try to do better next time.

Thanks again for the post Matt.  Blessings and Namaste!  Have a wonderful holiday season!!!

Hey Robin,

If I recall correctly, they were stiff. I honestly don't know if boardy would be the right description, but it felt stiffer than the 680 F4. Also I wasn't getting the distance of the Recoils and they weren't as "on line". Maybe I should have tried a regular flex.

When your new line comes out, I might order a 6 iron head or two and a few shafts and see what happens.

Matt

Hey Matt -

I just checked the zone freqs again on both the the Recoil 95 and the Xcal T-X both s-flexes (I don't have data on the 860 because at the time I was told by "someone..." that the 95 was a lot better playing shaft than the 860 - it was def. a lot more expensive...).  Anyway, strictly speaking from a spec standpoint, the Recoil 95's stiffness distribution is a lot stiffer than that of the T-X shafts esp. in the lower 16-18".  So one might expect the former to play/feel stiffer than the later but obviously that wasn't the case.  I'm assuming you were using the exact same head, checked the lofts/lies and at least followed my white toward direction of ball-flight assy. technique which is intended to easily locate and assemble a club along that particular shaft's most stable plane.  But who knows eh?  but your fall-back thoughts are good ones and i look fwd. to being involved/hearing more feedback for sure.  And I'll keep saying this...I don't have the ego that can be prevalent in this industry.  My friend, I learn as much from y'all as you do from me and that's why it's a great symbiotic relationship.  I take all feedback to heart and simply try to do better next time.

Thanks again for the post Matt.  Blessings and Namaste!  Have a wonderful holiday season!!!

• Like 2

Thanks Robin. I'll be anxiously waiting for the new line to come out.

I haven't been paying enough attention. Robin, good to see you're back! I just bought a used set of irons a month or 2 ago, and was wanting to replace the shafts in them with the TourX sticks I have in my other set. But after pulling them out of the set I originally put them in, 1 of them broke a round or 2 after re-shafting them. So I was a little afraid to pull them again and put them in another set of heads, since I didn't think I would be able to get any more. They are the 125s in TourX flex. Hoping a higher weight stiffer shaft in that line is still going to be available! Glad you are well! Welcome back!

I haven't been paying enough attention. Robin, good to see you're back! I just bought a used set of irons a month or 2 ago, and was wanting to replace the shafts in them with the TourX sticks I have in my other set. But after pulling them out of the set I originally put them in, 1 of them broke a round or 2 after re-shafting them. So I was a little afraid to pull them again and put them in another set of heads, since I didn't think I would be able to get any more. They are the 125s in TourX flex. Hoping a higher weight stiffer shaft in that line is still going to be available! Glad you are well! Welcome back!

Tour X,, 125g? are you sure about that weight? Have a picture of the shaft?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Yep, you're right. My mistake. It's the 105. In the TourX or x-stiff (I don't remember the exact nomenclature either...) flex. That's been a really good shaft for me.

Hey Robin,

From all your disciples north of the 49th, welcome back!

Be well brother.

Many thanks Sir Robere!!!  You too and enjoy this fabulous Holiday Season !!

Peace Bro!

Yep, you're right. My mistake. It's the 105. In the TourX or x-stiff (I don't remember the exact nomenclature either...) flex. That's been a really good shaft for me.

Hey TRod...;)...

Right now I'm focusing on releasing all new shafts for '18 and need a bit of time to improve upon the 105 versions but def plan to do so.  I may have some '16/'17 TX 105s back in SDiego if interested.  I'll be in back 1/5 so give me a shout and we'll go from there. 

• Like 2

RobinArthur- I have used your shafts in the past, and would gladly do so again, but I don't know where to find them now that golfworks doesn't carry them anymore. Please, if you're out there, were can I find a retailer?

It's best to consider the shafts as gone. Time to move to other options that are available. I dont think Xcaliber will ever see the light of day again.

Could you enlighten us please? I used to have some communication with Robin before he and his mother got sick.

I tried emailing him with nothing coming back by way of reply.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

He has resurfaced again but I'm not sure I want to get involved in this next go round.

Could you enlighten us please? I used to have some communication with Robin before he and his mother got sick.

I tried emailing him with nothing coming back by way of reply.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Still very curious- all I've heard is that his illness has caused him to withdraw from work, etc. Hope he's doing well.

He's fine. He is actually finally releasing some new product. There is now some structure to the company. Some of the releases are really awesome. I think the website is up. That's the only way to order these days.

Still very curious- all I've heard is that his illness has caused him to withdraw from work, etc. Hope he's doing well.

• Like 1

The website refuses to connect for me.

Hey Matt -

Sorry for the confusion.  The report that the site was up and that's the only place to buy shafts was premature and incorrect.  I never reported that.  I am getting a definitive date today and am taking orders via my email address.  The old website was taken down without my knowledge and there should have been a note saying "Down for Reconstruction" or to that effect.  Stay tuned...

R

• Like 2