TESTERS WANTED! ×

Wilson!

Shankster

Guys, I tried very hard, but couldn't do it. I bought a Triton today, ending my Nike relationship for now.

I couldn't pass it up. My local GG was selling it at 50% off the 149.97. That's right, it was $75 plus tax. With the remaining gift car balance from the gift card my sister got me for Christmas, it cost me $11

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys, I tried very hard, but couldn't do it. I bought a Triton today, ending my Nike relationship for now.

I couldn't pass it up. My local GG was selling it at 50% off the 149.97. That's right, it was $75 plus tax. With the remaining gift car balance from the gift card my sister got me for Christmas, it cost me $11

Now THAT's a bargain...

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Now THAT's a bargain...

I'll be honest, I took some swings on the monitor, saw decent performance, but at that price... C'mon man. Worse comes to worse, I can probably sell it to a friend for like 100-150 bones if I don't like it.

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

SIK Golf Flo-C

I'll be honest, I took some swings on the monitor, saw decent performance, but at that price... C'mon man. Worse comes to worse, I can probably sell it to a friend for like 100-150 bones if I don't like it.

I play with a guy who uses the Triton. He cracks that bad boy and finds fairway after fairway. The other day he was talking about getting a new one at the Dulles golf show in the spring and I was like

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Cuff em cause that's a steal!

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Only downside I realized today, my weight kit came with 3 2 grams and 1 6 gram. I'm going to write Wilson later today and see if they can send a replacement 6 gram.

SIK Golf Flo-C

Paying a visit to the Wilson Innovation Center today -- you guys have any questions you'd like me to ask?

What's in the bag:

Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Follow @golfspybarbajo

What they are most excited about in the new line coming out. If they cant get specific on product name. What technology or feature will said product have that is different than last go round.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Secondly. While by all accounts the C200 are great performing snd very nice looking clubs. But yet they never were a mainstream hit.

Why? What will they do differently with the next version to hopefully gain more widespread acceptance?

Will there be a continuation of the FG Tour V6 iron line? And will they offer better availablilty? I've only seen two sets in real life and I frequent PGA SS and GG often. Heck, if I saw a set in lefty, I don't think I could resist not buying them. 

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

Paying a visit to the Wilson Innovation Center today -- you guys have any questions you'd like me to ask?

Well what scoops did you come away with, that you can share.  Inquiring minds want to know  :D

Nothing major -- a refresh of the DeFy hybrid iron line is coming the middle of next month -- and the replacements for the C200/FG Tour F5 line are very impressive. The new metal woods? You'll just have to wait, but it'll be worth it...

Filming for 2nd season of Driver Vs Driver is well underway. They're shooting a lot of it in Orlando this time, as opposed to the Wilson Innovation Center - although some filming was done there.

They understand why the Triton didn't sell as well as they hoped, but by all accounts it is still a pretty good driver.  As discussed here, the whole point of Driver Vs. Driver wasn't to sell drivers, it was to build the brand, which requires a 3-5 year evaluation window, so we'll see. They didn't get as many applicants this time around, but the applications themselves were far superior - it'll be interesting to see how it turns out. They said they learned a lot from the first season - what they did well, what they did  poorly, and will revamp season 2 and then re-evaluate once they're done.

Also, keep an eye on the putter line - nothing major in the works, but you may like what you see.

V6 is in the first year of its life cycle - all their irons and woods are on a 2-year product cycle - so the V6 has one more year, along with the D300 line. No word on whether the PMP wedge line gets a facelift.

Availability/retail presence is what it is - they're fighting for shelf space with everyone else, and they're still a small brand. They can't wave a magic want and instantly be everywhere. That said, PGATSS and WorldWide Golf brands stock the full line of Wilson clubs - but it's unrealistic to expect they'll have the same presence as Callaway, TaylorMade or PING - just isn't gonna happen anytime soon.

Personal observations:

One thing that is apparent - if you look at Wilson 5 years ago vs Wilson today - it's no longer a matter of people saying "Wilson? Really?" They no longer have to try to justify themselves as a real player in the game - their stuff holds its own against anything on the market. They're small, and they're running their business to be profitable - which means slow steady growth. But as far as being taken seriously as an equipment company? I'd say they've definitely accomplished that.

What can Wilson realistically be when it grows up?  I think achieving a Mizuno/Cobra-level market share over the next 10 years, perhaps would be one of those crazy goals you'd throw out there to see if you can make it. That would mean basically tripling where they are now - audacious, aggressive, optimistic and maybe unrealistic, but what the hell...

I have nothing from Wilson to suggest that is their goal - just my own thoughts that circle around the vast wasteland that is my brain...

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Good read John and since I am in the move to graphite mode for my next set of irons, I will head to the PGA Super Store for a test run. 

Cleveland

After a quick tweet to Wilson Golf, got my weight today with a sleeve of Duo Soft (just the white one... damn) and a DVD branded Flash Drive (which I haven't checked out yet). Super impressed with the speed and niceness of the customer service, top marks to Wilson.

SIK Golf Flo-C

Love my D300 FW and hybrids.  I've been seriously thinking about a driver; it's the only club in my bag that i would replace, and Wilson is high on my short list.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Really good recap Barbs!! Thanks for thst.

I like what I hear and I'm looking forward to thst driver.

Also what you said about its retail precense jives with what I've read.

Makes sense, and kudos to them for recognizing where they are and not stretching the company financially too try and keep up with the Jones's

I'm really looking forward to the new driver... Wilson Staff is always on my short list, so I'm a bit of a homer, but I was really impressed with the f5 driver. I was planning on getting a fitting this year, but the back disagreed with me, so I'll have to wait, which might put the new one in my sights. Did I miss it, or was there a release date?

WITB: 

Adams 9064LS 9.5* (until I cracked the face)

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Adams wedges: 52/7 56/13 60/7

Wilson Staff Infinite Southside putter/Odyssey DualForce 660 putter

Just to break this thread up a bit, do people read the thread title like Tom Hanks in Cast Away?

SIK Golf Flo-C

I picked up a brand new Wilson Triton on Monday for $75 at Dick's Sporting Goods. I put it in play Wednesday and hit it better than any driver I've used this year. It wasn't the longest I've hit but it was the straightest and most consistent. Hitting approach shots from the fairway or light rough is a lot easier than the trees for some reason.

Titleist TS3 9.5* w/Accra TZ5 65 X-Stiff
Titleist TS3 15* w/Fujikura Ventus 7X
Callaway Apex19 Hybrid 20* w/Accra TZ5 95X
Callaway Apex19 Hybrid 23* w/Accra TZ5 95X
Titleist 718 CB 5 iron w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Titleist 718 MB 6-PW w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Titleist SM7 Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Bettinardi Queen B 10 34.5"
Titleist Pro V1 or Snell MTB-X

I'm really looking forward to the new driver... Wilson Staff is always on my short list, so I'm a bit of a homer, but I was really impressed with the f5 driver. I was planning on getting a fitting this year, but the back disagreed with me, so I'll have to wait, which might put the new one in my sights. Did I miss it, or was there a release date?

I believe we will start hearing about it in early December? and I'm sure it will launch officially at the PGA Show.  

I picked up a brand new Wilson Triton on Monday for $75 at Dick's Sporting Goods. I put it in play Wednesday and hit it better than any driver I've used this year. It wasn't the longest I've hit but it was the straightest and most consistent. Hitting approach shots from the fairway or light rough is a lot easier than the trees for some reason.

If it isn't the longest I've hit, there is no reason for me to get it.   ;)

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Thanks for the update! It's good to hear that irons are on a two year cycle. I guess I'm just used to the 6 month cycle by a few of the major manufacturers. 

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

T

WITB

Driver: Ping G30 Driver 9* with TFC 419D

3 Wood: Ping G25

5 Wood: Callaway Big Bertha Ti (2005) 18*

Hybrid: Ping G25 20*

Irons: Callaway X Hot 4-SW with True Temper XP95 S300

Wedge: Callaway X Tour Chrome PM 60*

Putter: Seemore Si Black 32"

Ball: Titleist ProV1x

I'm closer than a tick on a treeing hound to pulling the trigger on a set of Wilson C200 irons!

Cleveland

I'm closer than a tick on a treeing hound to pulling the trigger on a set of Wilson C200 irons!

You won't regret it, pull the trigger if the price is right, wait until weather gets cooler and even better deals

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

WITB

You won't regret it, pull the trigger if the price is right, wait until weather gets cooler and even better deals

So you're gaming the Wilson C200 irons?

Cleveland

So you're gaming the Wilson C200 irons?

No I've got an old set of X Hots, but I've demoed the C200s and they are certainly on my wish list. Hard to justify purchase when both sons had birthdays this month!

WITB

No I've got an old set of X Hots, but I've demoed the C200s and they are certainly on my wish list. Hard to justify purchase when both sons had birthdays this month!

Got ya...  Yea I remember those days when Dad has to step back and do the right thing.  I found a deal on Amazon for 4 - GW at $439.99 for graphite Aldila Rogue 60.

Cleveland

to put it perspective, the Wilson D300's have replaced my Ping G25;s in my bag. If the rest of the Wilson Line is as good as the d300 's buy them I would..

Great clubs.. look and feel amazing,.

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

to put it perspective, the Wilson D300's have replaced my Ping G25;s in my bag. If the rest of the Wilson Line is as good as the d300 's buy them I would..

Great clubs.. look and feel amazing,.

Yea it looks like I may be ordering them today

Cleveland

Archived