Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

Injury Thread

STUDque

meme-injury.jpg

This can be the place where people come to talk about current ailments and their road to recovery. This can also be a place for home remedies. Example: "It hurts my X when my swing does Y.... Does anyone know how to make the pain stop?"

I know a lot of the MGS members are banged up right now and I certainly wish them all the best in their recovery. This can be a common place for all the folks on the DL to commiserate together!

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

I've had a separated shoulder for about 9 months now. Doctor says only way to heal it is to put it in a sling and rest it. I obviously haven't done that and it hasn't gotten better. Doesn't hurt playing golf strangely. Maybe a little sore afterwards. Definitely hurts playing basketball or lifting weights so I've done little to none of either of those since the diagnosis. Sleeping on it makes for an absolutely awful morning. Figure I'm going to have to rest it this winter. Otherwise I hear surgery could be an option and I don't want that....

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

meme-injury.jpg

This can be the place where people come to talk about current ailments and their road to recovery. This can also be a place for home remedies. Example: "It hurts my X when my swing does Y.... Does anyone know how to make the pain stop?"

I know a lot of the MGS members are banged up right now and I certainly wish them all the best in their recovery. This can be a common place for all the folks on the DL to commiserate together!

Going to be an interesting thread, everyone has something going on.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

I've had a separated shoulder for about 9 months now. Doctor says only way to heal it is to put it in a sling and rest it. I obviously haven't done that and it hasn't gotten better. Doesn't hurt playing golf strangely. Maybe a little sore afterwards. Definitely hurts playing basketball or lifting weights so I've done little to none of either of those since the diagnosis. Sleeping on it makes for an absolutely awful morning. Figure I'm going to have to rest it this winter. Otherwise I hear surgery could be an option and I don't want that....

I'm with u on the surgery, I kinda like my parts staying right where are.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

I'm with u on the surgery, I kinda like my parts staying right where are.

Yeah, and recovery time.... Yuck

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

I'm seeing a neurologist at the VA in Augusta, Ga. November 12 for a brain scan.  I have had symptoms of multiple sclerosis and this could be related to exposure to agent orange in Vietnam.  Hopefully the scan will clarify what's going on so we can get to the bottom of this and I can get some questions answered. .  

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

I'm seeing a neurologist at the VA in Augusta, Ga. November 12 for a brain scan. I have had symptoms of multiple sclerosis and this could be related to exposure to agent orange in Vietnam. Hopefully the scan will clarify what's going on so we can get to the bottom of this and I can get some questions answered. .

My Friend was diagnosed with MS over 5 years ago. She changed her diet completely and takes no medicines and lives a perfectly normal life. Foods and the chemicals in them make our bodies act in strange ways, if it is indeed MS, which I hope it isn't, I can certainly put you in touch to see if she can help you in any way possible. She loves to help.

My Friend was diagnosed with MS over 5 years ago. She changed her diet completely and takes no medicines and lives a perfectly normal life. Foods and the chemicals in them make our bodies act in strange ways, if it is indeed MS, which I hope it isn't, I can certainly put you in touch to see if she can help you in any way possible. She loves to help.

That would be awesome!  Let me see what the VA comes up with and we'll go from there.

Cleveland

Glad someone started this thread! I just wish it was a few months earlier when I suffered my injury. On June 30th, 2017 I was moving a safe at work, which was one of the old style big block with a top door latch, when the safe slipped off of the rollers and the door, which was still open, fell and crushed the top of my finger. After getting to the hospital I spent 6 hours between X-ray, assessments, and finally surgery. The door had crushed the distal phalange (bone above your top knuckle)(the part with the nail) and there was no chance they would be able to re-attach the removed piece. After removing the remaining bone and nail, 11 stitches were used to pull the remaining skin over top and provide me with a nub to work with. 6 weeks of physiotherapy later and my finger was back to full strength again. Looking back on it I am lucky that it was on my non-dominant hand and I didn't have to make any major grip changes. That being said, I did switch from Larkin 3Gen grips to SuperStroke CrossComfort since they were a bit softer and absorbed a bit more vibrations in the club. Crazy thing about the whole ordeal was that I've been playing better since the incident occurred.IMG_1713.JPGIMG_1714.JPGImage1507093153.561635.jpg

That would be awesome! Let me see what the VA comes up with and we'll go from there.

Good luck and best wishes. I've been dealing with on and off back pain from a lifting injury a few years ago and sleeping in ambulances and on couches.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Glad someone started this thread! I just wish it was a few months earlier when I suffered my injury. On June 30th, 2017 I was moving a safe at work, which was one of the old style big block with a top door latch, when the safe slipped off of the rollers and the door, which was still open, fell and crushed the top of my finger. After getting to the hospital I spent 6 hours between X-ray, assessments, and finally surgery. The door had crushed the distal phalange (bone above your top knuckle)(the part with the nail) and there was no chance they would be able to re-attach the removed piece. After removing the remaining bone and nail, 11 stitches were used to pull the remaining skin over top and provide me with a nub to work with. 6 weeks of physiotherapy later and my finger was back to full strength again. Looking back on it I am lucky that it was on my non-dominant hand and I didn't have to make any major grip changes. That being said, I did switch from Larkin 3Gen grips to SuperStroke CrossComfort since they were a bit softer and absorbed a bit more vibrations in the club. Crazy thing about the whole ordeal was that I've been playing better since the incident occurred.attachicon.gifIMG_1713.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_1714.JPGattachicon.gifImage1507093153.561635.jpg

I've had numerous uncles do this and a few friends. Very common in people who work with their hands.

I mentioned it in the other thread but since it's here I'll contribute.

My mom's 130-lb pitbull bit me in the mouth 3 weeks ago, right before I was heading out to play a round. Leaned towards him to say goodbye and I guess he didn't like how fast I was moving, or my face being in his, I don't know, but he got me pretty good. Completely cut my bottom lip in two, not quite down the middle, a little bit off to the side, and caught my top lip as well but not quite as bad.

Had to wait about 4 hours at the hospital for an Oral surgeon to be called in. The wait was the second-worst part, right after the Lidocaine shots. Felt like he put the needle all the way in my chin, it was brutal. About an hour of surgery and 15 stitches later they sent me home looking like a patched-up scarecrow. 2 weeks of stitches, lots of Neosporin, and eating from a straw for the first week, September wasn't very fun for me. I'm all healed up now, though the top kinda healed funny, which is odd because it was less severe than the bottom by a mile. Nothing too crazy, just a small, hard, bump maybe 1/4 inch in diameter. Hopefully it smooths itself out so I don't need a revision.

Shot 88 on Sunday after not swinging a club for 3 weeks, with two triples, so I'm pretty happy, and I bought myself a Scotty as a "got bit in the face" present :D. Just happy to be back on my feet, and not having any major disfigurement to my grill.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

I'm seeing a neurologist at the VA in Augusta, Ga. November 12 for a brain scan.  I have had symptoms of multiple sclerosis and this could be related to exposure to agent orange in Vietnam.  Hopefully the scan will clarify what's going on so we can get to the bottom of this and I can get some questions answered. .  

Praying for you OG buddy!

@dhart, hope it gets better sooner than later so surgery doesn't become required.

@gray, I really feel for you man. I have no direct experience with MS but I know that's a heavy hitter and I wish the best for you.

@Scooter, that's some serious stuff man. Besides being lucky that it got your non-dominant hand, you're also lucky it didn't get more fingers! A few years back I got smoked in the forehead with a baseball and I'm thankful every day that it didn't hit me in the nose, eye socket, teeth, temple, you name it!

@kory, thanks for sharing here too. Glad to hear you're almost back to normal

Well my pain makes me sound like a sissy but maybe you all can hit me up with a home remedy. My wrist and middle finger hurt on my right hand. Probably from flipping off these crappy drivers.

Golf wise, I felt the pain start as I was taking practice swings before my second shot on 18. I just do air swings so that wasn't it. I finished out the hole with a few painful shots. I don't feel any pain on chips or putts. It shows up at the bottom point of my swing on full swings. I have no idea what's up with my middle finger but it's sore almost all the time.

What do you guys think? Tape? Will athletic take make it so I can play through? Here's a picture of the pain points:

file-517F9B26-E00D-4614-A0B7-16532F9D7583-39031-0000068C1B5DCB2A.jpg

@dhart, hope it gets better sooner than later so surgery doesn't become required.

@gray, I really feel for you man. I have no direct experience with MS but I know that's a heavy hitter and I wish the best for you.

@Scooter, that's some serious stuff man. Besides being lucky that it got your non-dominant hand, you're also lucky it didn't get more fingers! A few years back I got smoked in the forehead with a baseball and I'm thankful every day that it didn't hit me in the nose, eye socket, teeth, temple, you name it!

@kory, thanks for sharing here too. Glad to hear you're almost back to normal

Well my pain makes me sound like a sissy but maybe you all can hit me up with a home remedy. My wrist and middle finger hurt on my right hand. Probably from flipping off these crappy drivers.

Golf wise, I felt the pain start as I was taking practice swings before my second shot on 18. I just do air swings so that wasn't it. I finished out the hole with a few painful shots. I don't feel any pain on chips or putts. It shows up at the bottom point of my swing on full swings. I have no idea what's up with my middle finger but it's sore almost all the time.

What do you guys think? Tape? Will athletic take make it so I can play through? Here's a picture of the pain points:

attachicon.giffile-517F9B26-E00D-4614-A0B7-16532F9D7583-39031-0000068C1B5DCB2A.jpg

It could be muscle or nerve damage nerves from forearm are tricky and sensitive.

Was out most of the year with rotator cuff surgery and multiple complications the most serious of which were blood clots in my legs and one broke free causing a pulmonary embolism.  Finally starting to feel better and I wrench my back cleaning up after the hurricane. Really has been a wasted year, 2018 cannot come soon enough! There, I'm now done feeling sorry for myself.

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

Was out most of the year with rotator cuff surgery and multiple complications the most serious of which were blood clots in my legs and one broke free causing a pulmonary embolism. Finally starting to feel better and I wrench my back cleaning up after the hurricane. Really has been a wasted year, 2018 cannot come soon enough! There, I'm now done feeling sorry for myself.

You poor guy. Make sure you eat extra black eyes peas on New Year's. Those embolisms are nothing to mess with. And back pain halts all.

How's your shoulder?

Praying for you buddy!  

About your brain scan...  I'm not sure whether to hope they find something or not.   :unsure:

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Praying for you buddy!

About your brain scan... I'm not sure whether to hope they find something or not. :unsure:

LOL They'll have a hard time that's for sure

Cleveland

@OG

Just curious, what are the signs of MS that you're showing?

Excessive weakness in my legs, balance and coordination problems while walking or even standing. Occasionally blurred vision, numbness or tingling in my hands.

It could be anything or just simply getting older. I want to make sure if it is MS that I have it documented at the VA. I've already been through prostate cancer which was related to agent orange and my last psa test showed elevated so I hope that crap is not returning.

Cleveland

Last time I was at the doc for my elbow he told me Tommy John surgery is looming in the future, but trying to get as many years in as I can before the surgery.  Made it most of this season with little issue and hoping that some rest in the off season will help as well.  Switching to graphite shafts in the entire bag has been a real game changer for me and not sure I could ever think of going back to steel these days.  

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

I don't have MS but can attest to the benefits of changing a diet to accommodate an illness.  I am on what I can only describe as a strictly paleo diet after contracting Lyme Disease about 5 years ago.  Although, I don't really make an attempt to eat strictly paleo, it seems to be what reacts best with my body and the "virus" I will carry for the rest of my life.  I no longer take medications as a result of the changed diet.  The side effects of the meds were often far worse than the symptoms.

Best of luck through the testing and beyond, OG.

Last time I was at the doc for my elbow he told me Tommy John surgery is looming in the future, but trying to get as many years in as I can before the surgery. Made it most of this season with little issue and hoping that some rest in the off season will help as well. Switching to graphite shafts in the entire bag has been a real game changer for me and not sure I could ever think of going back to steel these days.

TJ survivor here. I had it near the end of my baseball playing days. That's a solid year or more down for the count. Even when you feel good, you'll be sore as hell after physical activity. My rehab facility actually gave me a graduation certificate when I finally finished up.

I'm 8 years past it now and still feel good as I did before the surgery. That being said, I've got to really pay attention to my elbow when it gets sore from golf so I don't stress it too much and end up back on the table.

In your situation, you can't make it worse by waiting. Just hang on as long as you can before the pain is too much. Forearm exercises and stretches are your friend.

I'm seeing a neurologist at the VA in Augusta, Ga. November 12 for a brain scan. I have had symptoms of multiple sclerosis and this could be related to exposure to agent orange in Vietnam. Hopefully the scan will clarify what's going on so we can get to the bottom of this and I can get some questions answered. .

OG. I had no idea about this. You seemed normal (well for an old coot) during our round this past weekend.

Hope all comes out ok for you.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

OG. I had no idea about this. You seemed normal (well for an old coot) during our round this past weekend.

Hope all comes out ok for you.

Thanks Rob. I'll be fine although my wife says I'm far from normal

Cleveland

As a fellow old coot and a Nam vet, be assured that I am thinking of you my country rooted good ole boy buddy.   

IMG_20171002_105837.jpg

Thankful for health insurance... Copay was $200

I mostly just wanted to post a picture because the stitches in the finger thumbnail was too much to look at on mobile.

Sent from my Pixel XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app