Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

Injury Thread

STUDque

How'd you strain your ribs?

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

Do you really want to know? :D

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

You sneezed too hard didn't you?

If I did that at the moment, I'd blow an O ring!

In the bag:
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Bag: 

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Shoulder problems here, mainly from slowpitch i think. All i know is my shoulder cracks and feels like pop rocks in there lol. My round this coming Monday should be fun

Sent from my SM-G935V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• LTDx 9* TOUR AD-VR 6x
  • CLEVELAND LAUNCHER XL 15*
  • COBRA SPEEDZONE 19* HYBRID
  • CALLAWAY XR WITH ELEVATE 95S 4-AW
  • CBX2 54* TM BIG FOOT 58*
  • ODYSSEY VERSA 3 TS
  • CHROME SOFT X LS YELLOW

Got the usual “old fart” stuff. Right knee needs replacement, left knee in a few years. Right hip replacement sometime when pain gets too much. I'm in no rush for any operation, seen too many go bad. Left shoulder has bone spur problems, just got finished with PT which works pretty good. Last year came down with some sort of bacterial infection which was misdiagnosed and the medication dam near killed me. I'm still on some meds because the infection likes to return. Only problem with the meds is they kick my butt and I fall asleep easily. If I play a four hour round I need a nap immediately. After a short nap I'm OK for a while. It's a PIA but better than it's been for the past year. BTW can't drive for a while as I get drowsy quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Nursing a rotator cuff (left arm) for the last week and a half here. An old injury from 20 years ago that keeps resurfacing... pt and rest. Short game and putting work only. But i have a match this Saturday... not quite ready but i think i can swing mostly right arm and get through it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver: TM M1 9.5*

4W: Wishon bent FLAT

Irons: Mizuno MP20MB

Wedges: 50/55/60 Mizuno

Putter: Evnroll ER2

I don't have a lot of golf injuries. When I started I did a lot of rushing to the course and ran to the first tee and spasm my back a couple of times. That's when I was young and thanks to that I take really good care of my back.

When I stopped playing back in 2003, I started riding mountain bike, crashed and fell a few times no biggie. It's when I got better and start riding tougher trails when I start acquiring more pages on my medical chart. One of the night ride I was adjusting my head light and missed the bend hit the knee height horse gate and did the Superman flew 10 feet off the bike thank god I landed on my back with the hydration pack on. I was only off the bike for 7 months.

My first of many major injury was a 20 mph drift thru loose rocky corner and the tires caught traction and highside the bike threw me off the bike, that one hurt a bit. I had ribs, elbow and knee injury and a dining room full of reservations that evening which was not as bad as a few days later.

My old instructor Tara Llanes crashed in a race, it was somewhat a routine crash. That injury paralyzed her from the waist down for life. Half way thru my wife's pregnancy I stopped riding most of my favorite trails and when my daughter was born I pretty much only stick with simple trails only, now Golf just consumes most of my “free” time.

I don't have a lot of golf injuries. When I started I did a lot of rushing to the course and ran to the first tee and spasm my back a couple of times. That's when I was young and thanks to that I take really good care of my back.

When I stopped playing back in 2003, I started riding mountain bike, crashed and fell a few times no biggie. It's when I got better and start riding tougher trails when I start acquiring more pages on my medical chart. One of the night ride I was adjusting my head light and missed the bend hit the knee height horse gate and did the Superman flew 10 feet off the bike thank god I landed on my back with the hydration pack on. I was only off the bike for 7 months.

My first of many major injury was a 20 mph drift thru loose rocky corner and the tires caught traction and highside the bike threw me off the bike, that one hurt a bit. I had ribs, elbow and knee injury and a dining room full of reservations that evening which was not as bad as a few days later.

My old instructor Tara Llanes crashed in a race, it was somewhat a routine crash. That injury paralyzed her from the waist down for life. Half way thru my wife's pregnancy I stopped riding most of my favorite trails and when my daughter was born I pretty much only stick with simple trails only, now Golf just consumes most of my “free” time.

I think the injuries that us “more mature 60+” guys have is the result of our misspent youth and believing we were bulletproof

Rick

Left Hand, 

So, apparently I heal like a super hero. Got the clearance to swing the clubs...

Did a few chips yesterday, still got it. Haven't hit a full swing yet. Left arm/shoulder is still a bit weak.

Doesn't look like I'll need surgery!... yet.

So, apparently I heal like a super hero. Got the clearance to swing the clubs...

Did a few chips yesterday, still got it. Haven't hit a full swing yet. Left arm/shoulder is still a bit weak.

That's a good thing.

Rick

Left Hand, 

My Friend was diagnosed with MS over 5 years ago. She changed her diet completely and takes no medicines and lives a perfectly normal life. Foods and the chemicals in them make our bodies act in strange ways, if it is indeed MS, which I hope it isn't, I can certainly put you in touch to see if she can help you in any way possible. She loves to help.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Yep. Being one who's been all but crippled Ive spent many 1000's of hours looking at fixes and cures and alternate remedies rather than be cut up and upon. Alot of chaff there too but amazing results can be found given the lack there of with local AMA stooge. Diet, or the diet we get to buy at the local boxed chemical outlet called the grocery store keepd the MD's in business. Period. And all to many of them know it, while the other half are to stupid to get it from their purch, and ride the gravy train with out a mention of getting off most of the poison I can assure you. 

And I wish you the best OG!

My va here is awesome and I hope yours is too even if I do have to tell them no dice on some of the canned voodoo they kindly want to put me through.

Yep. Being one who's been all but crippled Ive spent many 1000's of hours looking at fixes and cures and alternate remedies rather than be cut up and upon. Alot of chaff there too but amazing results can be found given the lack there of with local AMA stooge. Diet, or the diet we get to buy at the local boxed chemical outlet called the grocery store keepd the MD's in business. Period. And all to many of them know it, while the other half are to stupid to get it from their purch, and ride the gravy train with out a mention of getting off most of the poison I can assure you. 

And I wish you the best OG!

My va here is awesome and I hope yours is too even if I do have to tell them no dice on some of the canned voodoo they kindly want to put me through.

Thanks buddy!

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

I think the injuries that us “more mature 60+” guys have is the result of our misspent youth and believing we were bulletproof

You mean we aren't?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:cobra-small:             F7+ w/Fujikura Pro XLR8 Graphite Shaft

Ben_Hogan_Golf_Equipment_Company.jpg.b9602c912623c841ad9ad52593c15dee.jpg                3-I  MPF H-Series3B2M graphite Shaft w/Winn Dri-Tac grip mid

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

:cobra-small:             King F6 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie HQ4 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

:odyssey-small:           O-Putter 1W

You mean we aren't?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Rick

Left Hand, 

Some time 2014 or 2015 I played a round at my club, hit one under a tree caught a protruding root just below the surface not visible (if it make sense). Took a full swing and bang, talking about it now, I can still feel the sharp pain running up my forearms. I was out for a few months. I remember the next morning I couldn't open my car door.

Now I don't hit any more shots under or near any trees, period. It slips my mind from time to time but if I remember I would move the ball. Take my medicine hit the shots like I would under the tree and move on.

Some time 2014 or 2015 I played a round at my club, hit one under a tree caught a protruding root just below the surface not visible (if it make sense). Took a full swing and bang, talking about it now, I can still feel the sharp pain running up my forearms. I was out for a few months. I remember the next morning I couldn't open my car door.

Now I don't hit any more shots under or near any trees, period. It slips my mind from time to time but if I remember I would move the ball. Take my medicine hit the shots like I would under the tree and move on.

I had a similar instance - although not as bad. My arm hurt for a week. Now if I'm in the same spot I use the foot wedge to get out.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I had a similar instance - although not as bad. My arm hurt for a week. Now if I'm in the same spot I use the foot wedge to get out.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

A guy I know went to play a round of golf with our friend and left his brain at home. On the first tee he took several practice swing while waiting for his turn. Swing waist height too close to the ball washer stand hit it an broke the shaft sending it flying and stabbed my other friend in the thigh the round was over they were all went to the ER. It was 15-16 years ago that guy still walks with a limp. Mother forking shirtball!

A guy I know went to play a round of golf with our friend and left his brain at home. On the first tee he took several practice swing while waiting for his turn. Swing waist height too close to the ball washer stand hit it an broke the shaft sending it flying and stabbed my other friend in the thigh the round was over they were all went to the ER. It was 15-16 years ago that guy still walks with a limp. Mother forking shirtball!

WOW, that'll get you sued today!! Also mainstream MEDIA

Rick

Left Hand, 

Take it easy young man. It's these times when you can do more damage. Take care of yourself.

This is coming from someone who treated their body like an amusement park and now somewhat regrets it...but I have some cool stories! B)

In the bag:

Bag: 

Take it easy young man. It's these times when you can do more damage. Take care of yourself.

This is coming from someone who treated their body like an amusement park and now somewhat regrets it...but I have some cool stories! B)

Shankster, listen to the man we all do the same stupid stuff.

Remember, we are not bulletproof

Rick

Left Hand, 

All our groups now are “mature”, not saying responsible adults over 65. When anyone is close to roots, rocks it is acceptable to move the ball away from the trouble and no penalty is accessed. We don't need damaged “old farts”.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Shankster, listen to the man we all do the same stupid stuff.

Remember, we are not bulletproof

No worries. Golf season is almost over. With limited mobility for a month I realized how much I actually use my left arm for the basic stuff. Don't want to jeopardize that.

I distinctly remember flying down a hill on my mountain bike and waking up several minutes later nowhere near my bike. I wasn't very nice to myself either.

- A.S.

Sent from Winterfell

We have a group rule that you can check for rocks and roots and things that may cause injury or damage. We just move the ball so it's clear of those thing then play. We all have to go to work, golf should be fun, and you should get hurt because of rules that are meant for pros. Moving a ball 12" to avoid injury just makes sense. Now in matches or championships or tournaments we play it as it is i.e. Either play it where it is or take a drop, in our Saturday game we try to be good to each other.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

No worries. Golf season is almost over. With limited mobility for a month I realized how much I actually use my left arm for the basic stuff. Don't want to jeopardize that.

I distinctly remember flying down a hill on my mountain bike and waking up several minutes later nowhere near my bike. I wasn't very nice to myself either.

- A.S.

Sent from Winterfell

We had a drainage ditch that would fill up with water after a really strong rain storm, so we had a few hours before it would finally drain out, so what do you do on a hot summer day, well, you build a bicycle ramp about 3 feet high out of a 2x10, and some bricks, then ride as fast as you can from down the street, hit the ramp perfectly and fly into the water, we never once thought about what would happen if we missed the ramp. Those were good times. Or full contact tackle football with no pads in the backyard.

We had a drainage ditch that would fill up with water after a really strong rain storm, so we had a few hours before it would finally drain out, so what do you do on a hot summer day, well, you build a bicycle ramp about 3 feet high out of a 2x10, and some bricks, then ride as fast as you can from down the street, hit the ramp perfectly and fly into the water, we never once thought about what would happen if we missed the ramp. Those were good times. Or full contact tackle football with no pads in the backyard.

Cars that shouldn't be jumped... well they still fly!... and land harshly.

- A.S.

Sent from Winterfell

Cars that shouldn't be jumped... well they still fly!... and land harshly.

- A.S.

Sent from Winterfell

I sit here and think back at all the thing we used to do as kids, and think man, I was so lucky 1 to be alive. 2. To be able live in a time when we played outside and did stupid things. You know like BB gun wars, and never once thought about wearing any protective gear, and I can still see, mostly.

Funny you say that. I was an avid mtn. biker back in the late 90's-early 2000's. In 99 I wrecked and separated my shoulder (2nd*). It healed well in a few weeks and I was back on the bike again. Exactly one year later I separated the same shoulder again on the mtn. bike. This time it was a total separation. I lived with it until 2004 and decided I had to have it fixed. I had the Weaver/Dunn procedure and was out another 12 weeks. This is what I'm afraid is coming undone.

Funny you say that. I was an avid mtn. biker back in the late 90's-early 2000's. In 99 I wrecked and separated my shoulder (2nd*). It healed well in a few weeks and I was back on the bike again. Exactly one year later I separated the same shoulder again on the mtn. bike. This time it was a total separation. I lived with it until 2004 and decided I had to have it fixed. I had the Weaver/Dunn procedure and was out another 12 weeks. This is what I'm afraid is coming undone.

The last few years of my serious riding I wore protective gear on almost every ride. I had a few D3O padding material on both top and bottom and the elbow and knee pads. If I'm still riding full time I'd be wearing the latest light weight neck brace. Crashing sucks.

• 2 weeks later...

Well my pain makes me sound like a sissy but maybe you all can hit me up with a home remedy. My wrist and middle finger hurt on my right hand. Probably from flipping off these crappy drivers.

Golf wise, I felt the pain start as I was taking practice swings before my second shot on 18. I just do air swings so that wasn't it. I finished out the hole with a few painful shots. I don't feel any pain on chips or putts. It shows up at the bottom point of my swing on full swings. I have no idea what's up with my middle finger but it's sore almost all the time.

What do you guys think? Tape? Will athletic take make it so I can play through? Here's a picture of the pain points:

attachicon.giffile-517F9B26-E00D-4614-A0B7-16532F9D7583-39031-0000068C1B5DCB2A.jpg

Owweeeeeeee my wrist still hurts. I played with CG2 last week with minimal discomfort. I played 9 today with pain on every shot.

On hole 7, the tee shot hurt like the Dickens and flew way OB because I couldn't turn my wrists over. I limped in the last 2 holes from there.

Athletic tape is making the pain subside but it's not getting me all the way there. Any other ideas? I've rested it a decent amount. Got a scramble next Thursday I'd like to be straight for.

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Owweeeeeeee my wrist still hurts. I played with CG2 last week with minimal discomfort. I played 9 today with pain on every shot.

On hole 7, the tee shot hurt like the Dickens and flew way OB because I couldn't turn my wrists over. I limped in the last 2 holes from there.

Athletic tape is making the pain subside but it's not getting me all the way there. Any other ideas? I've rested it a decent amount. Got a scramble next Thursday I'd like to be straight for.

I'm sure it's just placebo, but I've been wearing a Phiten bracelet for a few years after wrist pain from being on a computer for 12 hours a day. Haven't had any since. I'm a skeptic when it comes to EVERYTHING, it goes beyond golf equipment, but it's honestly been helping me.

Sent from my Pixel XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond