TESTERS WANTED! ×

Injury Thread

STUDque

Checking in... how you doing Gaussman?

Had my mri today. I just don't understand. The swing is pain free, but any outward and upward motion will drop me like a fly.

Let's see, day 3 post op. Took a shower, so that's progress. Rather foolishly thought I would be done with pain meds by now. I've only had 1 pill all day so I feel like I'm way ahead of the curve there but I'm paying for it in discomfort. I want to get up and move around but moving around is very painful. If I can stay down and still that is what they want from me until I go back to the doc next week but sitting still is not my strong suit.

So for a few more days my prescription is sling, ice, and sit in the recliner. Doesn't sound too difficult does it?

Sent from my Pixel XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 10.5 *NEW* Fujikura Pro Green 65 X

:callaway-small: Rogue 15 degree Evnflow Blue 6.5

Back in the Bag :srixon-small: Z765 4-G Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

:vokey-small: 54 and 60

:bobby-grace-1: Amazing Grace Ass Kicker

Let's see, day 3 post op. Took a shower, so that's progress. Rather foolishly thought I would be done with pain meds by now. I've only had 1 pill all day so I feel like I'm way ahead of the curve there but I'm paying for it in discomfort. I want to get up and move around but moving around is very painful. If I can stay down and still that is what they want from me until I go back to the doc next week but sitting still is not my strong suit.

So for a few more days my prescription is sling, ice, and sit in the recliner. Doesn't sound too difficult does it?

Keep us posted. At least Tiger is playing golf so there is a little entertainment for you.

Don't understand the bone spurs mine was cleared up with PT. Happy you got yours repaired, sometimes they have to get in there and clean everything up. Good luck and don't rush it.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Don't understand the bone spurs mine was cleared up with PT. Happy you got yours repaired, sometimes they have to get in there and clean everything up. Good luck and don't rush it.

That's interesting to me that PT helped yours. My doc told me that the spur was narrowing the space between rotator cuff tendons and the bone. Whenever I moved the shoulder joint up or back that space disappeared entirely and the bone spur pressed against the rotator cuff. If we didn't get rid of the spur it would eventually start to saw through the rotator cuff and then you're looking at a diff operation and very different rehab timeline. I'm probably oversimplifying and it's always a matter of degrees anyway but we were actually getting more pain and inflammation from working the joint in PT. At least we tried before deciding on surgical option.

That's interesting to me that PT helped yours. My doc told me that the spur was narrowing the space between rotator cuff tendons and the bone. Whenever I moved the shoulder joint up or back that space disappeared entirely and the bone spur pressed against the rotator cuff. If we didn't get rid of the spur it would eventually start to saw through the rotator cuff and then you're looking at a diff operation and very different rehab timeline. I'm probably oversimplifying and it's always a matter of degrees anyway but we were actually getting more pain and inflammation from working the joint in PT. At least we tried before deciding on surgical option.

My Doc said we are going to go thru the “process” drugs, PT and absolute last resort surgery. I had low expectations for PT but after a while doing the rehab and exercises at home the shoulder began to get better. I'd say it's 90%. I still do the exercises and occasionally a minor pain but nothing like I had. I'm happy, don't like sharp instruments .

Rick

Left Hand, 

My Doc said we are going to go thru the “process” drugs, PT and absolute last resort surgery. I had low expectations for PT but after a while doing the rehab and exercises at home the shoulder began to get better. I'd say it's 90%. I still do the exercises and occasionally a minor pain but nothing like I had. I'm happy, don't like sharp instruments .

Yeah was my last choice too. I was pulling hard for therapy to be the winner!

Yeah was my last choice too. I was pulling hard for therapy to be the winner!

Well it's done now just leter heal up and you'll be fine

Rick

Left Hand, 

• 1 month later...

Hey Gaussman hows the recovery going?

Hey Shank, 7 weeks post op and doing well thanks. Still a lot of discomfort but pretty full range of motion. Lot of PT, lot of home exercises and still icing, but already making swings daily in the basement and have hit a few balls at indoor range. If it keeps going this way I feel like I'm going to be 100% full speed soon. The pain probably won't go away completely for awhile, but it's tolerable so no big deal.

What's your prognosis?

Hey Shank, 7 weeks post op and doing well thanks. Still a lot of discomfort but pretty full range of motion. Lot of PT, lot of home exercises and still icing, but already making swings daily in the basement and have hit a few balls at indoor range. If it keeps going this way I feel like I'm going to be 100% full speed soon. The pain probably won't go away completely for awhile, but it's tolerable so no big deal.

What's your prognosis?

Surgery Monday at 0945. The surgeon pretty much said exactly what yours did. Bone spurs like a saw. Not looking forward to the recovery time, but it will nice to not wake up at random times with my arm on fire.

Surgery Monday at 0945. The surgeon pretty much said exactly what yours did. Bone spurs like a saw. Not looking forward to the recovery time, but it will nice to not wake up at random times with my arm on fire.

Your not going to believe how good it's going to feel, after recovery of course.

Good luck!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Keep strong Shankster. There is still plenty of time.

sent from planet Nebulon

:cobra-small:             F7+ w/Fujikura Pro XLR8 Graphite Shaft

Ben_Hogan_Golf_Equipment_Company.jpg.b9602c912623c841ad9ad52593c15dee.jpg                3-I  MPF H-Series3B2M graphite Shaft w/Winn Dri-Tac grip mid

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

:cobra-small:             King F6 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie HQ4 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

:odyssey-small:           O-Putter 1W

What's your prognosis?

Man I'm a jerk. You asked about me, but I never said I'm glad your recovery is going well earlier. Glad to hear everything is going good! Glad to hear it.

Thanks! We have gotten around 10” of snow over the last week. So it doesn't sting so bad.

Been a strange winter.

sent from planet Nebulon

Ben_Hogan_Golf_Equipment_Company.jpg.b9602c912623c841ad9ad52593c15dee.jpg                3-I  MPF H-Series3B2M graphite Shaft w/Winn Dri-Tac grip mid

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

Been a strange winter.

sent from planet Nebulon

We're about to get snow in central VA. It's just stupid.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

Man I'm a jerk. You asked about me, but I never said I'm glad your recovery is going well earlier. Glad to hear everything is going good! Glad to hear it.

Good luck Monday, and in your recovery. The first day isn't bad but the 24 hour nerve block is a little odd. I remember trying to scratch my thumb at one point and not being able to find it! Just be ready to binge Netflix and sleep in a recliner for a while. I worked my way through Black Mirror, Ozark, Bojack Horseman and God knows what else that first week and a half

Good luck Monday, and in your recovery. The first day isn't bad but the 24 hour nerve block is a little odd. I remember trying to scratch my thumb at one point and not being able to find it! Just be ready to binge Netflix and sleep in a recliner for a while. I worked my way through Black Mirror, Ozark, Bojack Horseman and God knows what else that first week and a half

Thanks. I've got a few audio books downloaded, pre ordered the new Star Wars. Tiger Woods is playing the AP... Stocked up on gummy bears, kettle chips, and La Croix water. Trip proofed the house, set my out of office reply on the old email...

I'm hoping when I recover it's like when I put my glasses on for the first time... “why didn't I do this earlier?!”

What's your prognosis?

Sorry I somehow missed this. Great to hear you are doing well. I remember PT after my shoulder surgery. You'll be glad you do it later when you have full range without discomfort

sent from planet Nebulon

Sorry I somehow missed this. Great to hear you are doing well. I remember PT after my shoulder surgery. You'll be glad you do it later when you have full range without discomfort

sent from planet Nebulon

Thanks KK

Made it fellas. Feel like a million bucks. Making a tee time next week.

Good news, Rest and recuperate!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Night 1... miserable. Not much pain, just no sleep. Lots of ice today.

Ice is your friend .

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)