Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

Injury Thread

STUDque

OK, so, another kick to the plums was apparently in order.

X-ray revealed degenerative disc disease of the L5-S1. That's why I have lower back pain quite a bit and why long drives leave me worse for wear.

Annnd, just for s#$ts and giggles, they saw a large calcium deposit but can't tell if it's in my kidney or not...but I'll say not because I have no symptoms at all of kidney stones. But to "be on the safe side" I have to get an ultrasound and blood test tomorrow...hope I'm not pregnant!

Degenerate disks @ L5/S1 is something you should be able to manage conservatively, mainly about avoiding specific things that cause pain. I've had dry discs @L4/5/S1 for 25 years (at least) Daily stretching and behaviour modification have helped keep symptoms at bay.

Hopefully your calcium deposit was a pain tablet on its way through, or something equally harmless.

I've had a few bouts of kidney stones and wouldn't wish them on anyone, no matter how bad their choice of hats.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Thanks guys. As @Peaksy said, stretching and that sort of thing but I will be speaking to my chiro and doctor more about that. Last resort is surgery, but I want to avoid that as much as possible.

Doing more reading says that you may not have any symptoms with a kidney stone until it starts to move, but we will see later this morning.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Thanks guys. As @Peaksy said, stretching and that sort of thing but I will be speaking to my chiro and doctor more about that. Last resort is surgery, but I want to avoid that as much as possible.

Doing more reading says that you may not have any symptoms with a kidney stone until it starts to move, but we will see later this morning.

When my back fires up I give it a few days of anti inflammatories, some pain relief and take it easy but keep moving. Focal back pain usually settles if it gets a chance. Radicular pain is another matter and needs careful (and professional) management. Personally I have no time for chiro, I think you get as much or more benefit from a massage.

I can pretty much tell what a 40-50 year old blokes lumbar X-ray will look like before I see it, nearly always crappy, with reduced disc space and joint degeneration , especially those of who've played a bit of sport and done some manual work.

Your shooting pain may have been a tiny kidney stone moving through the system, if a big or pointy one moves you will really know it. Think of the worst pain you've ever had, multiply by ten and that's where the pain builds from. Fingers crossed if is a stone they can break it down with medication.

MLA Tour Mallet 33"

Your shooting pain may have been a tiny kidney stone moving through the system, if a big or pointy one moves you will really know it. Think of the worst pain you've ever had, multiply by ten and that's where the pain builds from. Fingers crossed if is a stone they can break it down with medication.

That pain was the L1 nerves that go into the groin...even made the plums ache.

I had a hemorrhoidectomy last year...the pain was like nothing I've ever experienced EVER.

I should have the results of the ultrasound at the beginning of next week.

In the bag:
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Bag: 

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

That pain was the L1 nerves that go into the groin...even made the plums ache.

I had a hemorrhoidectomy last year...the pain was like nothing I've ever experienced EVER.

I should have the results of the ultrasound at the beginning of next week.

For some reason as I read hemorrhoidectomy my mind processed as hysterectomy. That would have been very weird.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

For some reason as I read hemorrhoidectomy my mind processed as hysterectomy. That would have been very weird.

We've all seen the hat, anything is possible.

MLA Tour Mallet 33"

So... PT today, she asked me to video my swing last time I was in. Said that golfing is irritating my shoulder after watching my video. That's why I keep getting the flare ups...

Not sure what to do.

It feels great when I'm playing, but reaching for door knobs, the shampoo bottle, a coffee cup... not so good.

Golf season is too dang short not to gold here... what to do??!!

So... PT today, she asked me to video my swing last time I was in. Said that golfing is irritating my shoulder after watching my video. That's why I keep getting the flare ups...

Not sure what to do.

It feels great when I'm playing, but reaching for door knobs, the shampoo bottle, a coffee cup... not so good.

Power through it and then get the surgery at the end of the season?

Not sure what to do.

Find a new physical therapist. . Just kidding, maybe ask if she teaches golf.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Not sure what to do.

Ask her what in the swing is causing the problem. It may be something simple that you can fix or it may not be.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Welp... Tommy Fleetwood copy swing progress is showing positive results. Took about 30 swings this morning and no flare up. And much better ball contact.

Should have taken this personal challenge a while ago. That dude is an amazing golfer. We are the same height and build. Should be easy for me to get there. I might even try to find a coach when I move to help me.

I feel like my poor shots are holding back my game. The blow up holes where I snowman or triple holes just pisses me off to no end.

I might even start a blog on my swing transformation.

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up a painful back injury. Not really sure how I did it, but about 2 weeks ago went down to Missouri to play a quick softball tournament in my brothers name . Left Friday after work came back home Sunday. Then Tuesday Wednesday had training at headquarters 1:45 away with 6 hours of training then back home. Thursday went to the course after work for league right left started getting painful made it difficult to walk got huge cramp in my right glute. Haven't been able to take more than 2 steps without a ton of pain getting worse the longer I go. Went to the dr got xray showed nothing. Got some steroids muscle relaxers and antiinflamitory. I imagine if the Palin doesn't get better after I finish the steroids in a few days it will be MRI time.

Sent from my SM-G930V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Chippewa Falls Wisconsin

10.3 Index

Right Handed

What's in the bag:

Driver: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 8* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-flex, :ping-small: Anser 8*, Black Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex; :cobra-small: King LTD Pro Orange Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex

FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 15* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-Flex :ping-small: Anse14*, Fujikura Speeder 757 US Open Edition , X-Stiff

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V4 2 utility Iron, 3-PW, +0.25, 2* Upright, True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100

Wedges: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour PMP Gun Blue 52* bent to 51*, 56* True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100 Shafts

:edel-golf-1: E2 35", :wilson_staff_small: 8802 35.5", :ping-small: Scottsdale, Wolverine C 35" :ping-small: Anser Milled, Anser 2 34"

Picked up a painful back injury. Not really sure how I did it, but about 2 weeks ago went down to Missouri to play a quick softball tournament in my brothers name . Left Friday after work came back home Sunday. Then Tuesday Wednesday had training at headquarters 1:45 away with 6 hours of training then back home. Thursday went to the course after work for league right left started getting painful made it difficult to walk got huge cramp in my right glute. Haven't been able to take more than 2 steps without a ton of pain getting worse the longer I go. Went to the dr got xray showed nothing. Got some steroids muscle relaxers and antiinflamitory. I imagine if the Palin doesn't get better after I finish the steroids in a few days it will be MRI time.

Sent from my SM-G930V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

That sucks and can be anything hopefully not pulls or tears

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

This last week has wreaked havoc on my shoulder. Well, I should say it had been declining again. It's the same as it was before the surgery. I am starting to wonder if I am stuck like this forever. I can do everything I need to, but it gets painful after a while. PT tomorrow, hopefully they can figure something out.

How's your neck and back Alan? I know what your Doctor has said by your posts here, but have you considered going to a chiropractor?

I have pain in my left should that flares up and it's from my neck. A trip to the chiro once a month sorts me out.

In the bag:

Bag: 

How's your neck and back Alan? I know what your Doctor has said by your posts here, but have you considered going to a chiropractor?

I have pain in my left should that flares up and it's from my neck. A trip to the chiro once a month sorts me out.

Seems alright to me. Actually better then ever.

PT tried that scraping treatment, seemed to help, said there was a lot of scar tissue. She also checks my neck alignment.

Seems alright to me. Actually better then ever.

PT tried that scraping treatment, seemed to help, said there was a lot of scar tissue. She also checks my neck alignment.

The "Graston Technique" was my absolute least favorite treatment during my PT tenure. Ooooo just makes me cringe thinking of it.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

I got released Friday by the doctor, this was my first weekend to make full swings on the golf course. Very mixed results on my golfing, but just minor pain, more of a nuisance than real pain.

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

Word in from the MRI 2 protruding discs L4L5, L5S1 and an annular tear at L4L5. Go in next Friday to see what the Dr wants to do about that.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Chippewa Falls Wisconsin

10.3 Index

Right Handed

What's in the bag:

Driver: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 8* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-flex, :ping-small: Anser 8*, Black Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex; :cobra-small: King LTD Pro Orange Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex

FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 15* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-Flex :ping-small: Anse14*, Fujikura Speeder 757 US Open Edition , X-Stiff

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V4 2 utility Iron, 3-PW, +0.25, 2* Upright, True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100

Wedges: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour PMP Gun Blue 52* bent to 51*, 56* True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100 Shafts

:edel-golf-1: E2 35", :wilson_staff_small: 8802 35.5", :ping-small: Scottsdale, Wolverine C 35" :ping-small: Anser Milled, Anser 2 34"

Word in from the MRI 2 protruding discs L4L5, L5S1 and an annular tear at L4L5. Go in next Friday to see what the Dr wants to do about that.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Ahh, mate, that sucks. I have DDD in the L5/S1.

In the bag:

Bag: