Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

Injury Thread

STUDque

Ahh, mate, that sucks. I have DDD in the L5/S1.

I had an MRI done maybe 10 years ago, and they said I had DDD there too.  It's better known as "old age".  Still living with it; stretching and mild meds.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

• 3 weeks later...

Woke up this morning and my shoulder was “stuck” just like before. Pretty sure I had a botched surgery. We are at 5 months out now and I'm still having recurring issues.

Requesting to see a new doc to get a different opinion.

Might have to start to learn how to play left handed.

Woke up this morning and my shoulder was “stuck” just like before. Pretty sure I had a botched surgery. We are at 5 months out now and I'm still having recurring issues.

Requesting to see a new doc to get a different opinion.

Might have to start to learn how to play left handed.

Be like Phil the Thrill righty playing lefty

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Gotta annual checkup this week. Here's my list to discuss with the Dr.

- when I raise my right arm to shoulder height 8 have a strong pain coming from the shoulder, pain has been there for about 3 months

- I have some sort of tendonitis in my right tricep/elbow......pain has been constant for two months

- my right knee is giving out when It is bent and I put tension on it.....a solid month.

These are the new pains, I still have overstretched ligaments in my left ankle.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

- when I raise my right arm to shoulder height 8 have a strong pain coming from the shoulder, pain has been there for about 3 months

- I have some sort of tendonitis in my right tricep/elbow......pain has been constant for two months

- my right knee is giving out when It is bent and I put tension on it.....a solid month.

Foz sounds like you're having a rough time

Where's the dislike button?

Sent from my BLN-L24 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

I am happy to report I am mostly healed. I still have some minor pain, more of tired feeling in my shoulder, my elbow is down to 1 1/2 normal size and no rib pain. I returned to work, actually I started a new job last week, and no major issues. I can still tell there was a problem, but 95% healed.

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

Having an MRI tomorrow afternoon to find out what's causing my left hip to give out on me.   I had x -rays last week and no hip replacement needed however the doc still thinks nerve damage tied to my lower back could be the culprit.  The best case scenario is bursitis, with a pinched nerve in my spine coming in second.    The pain is on the outside of the hip and not in front ,which would have told the doc my hip was wore out. 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Having an MRI tomorrow afternoon to find out what's causing my left hip to give out on me. I had x -rays last week and no hip replacement needed however the doc still thinks nerve damage tied to my lower back could be the culprit. The best case scenario is bursitis, with a pinched nerve in my spine coming in second. The pain is on the outside of the hip and not in front ,which would have told the doc my hip was wore out.

Good luck OG

Other arm. Feels sprained. Can you even sprain your hand? If so... why and how. Haha I have like 2/10 max grip.

It could be something with your forearm which has more to do about your grip than your forearm.

Having an MRI tomorrow afternoon to find out what's causing my left hip to give out on me.   I had x -rays last week and no hip replacement needed however the doc still thinks nerve damage tied to my lower back could be the culprit.  The best case scenario is bursitis, with a pinched nerve in my spine coming in second.    The pain is on the outside of the hip and not in front ,which would have told the doc my hip was wore out. 

Good luck OG!  Hope they find out what it is and be able to treat it.  My wife had L5-S1 fusion 10 years ago and had nerve pain in her hip for several years.  Still has it once in awhile, but it's mostly gone now.  Hope you don't take 10 years though.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Good luck OG!  Hope they find out what it is and be able to treat it.  My wife had L5-S1 fusion 10 years ago and had nerve pain in her hip for several years.  Still has it once in awhile, but it's mostly gone now.  Hope you don't take 10 years though.

Thanks Kenny.    Maybe it's just bursitis causing inflammation and they can treat it and I'll be good to go.   I've had  lower back pain for a looooong time now and was thinking it was just old age and over use. We'll find out soon ........

Cleveland

Man, hope it works out for you Foz.

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Man, hope it works out for you Foz.

MDGolfHacker

It makes the Cobra Challenge difficult at best. Trying to play through the pains until September. My swing has flattened out so I am not getting the loft I used to get. I can't seem to get my arm raised up high enough.

Cobra Connect Bag: Cobra F8 Driver(10.5*) 3-4W(14.5*) & 5-6W(18.5*)w/Mitsubishi Tensei ck Blue Regular; Cobra F8 3 Hybrid, 5 Hybrid & 6-PW, Gw(49*) SW(54*) LW(58*) all w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts. Lamkin Cobra Connect grips with Arccoss tracking sensors. Putter: Evnroll ER6 33”. Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat/Silver).

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Ok just returned home from the results of my MRI.   My orthopedic doc  said I had two bulging discs and a pinched nerve .  Initial treatment will be physical therapy and a trip to another doc to have an injection in my spine to see if that provides relief. The pinched nerve is what is causing my hip to hurt so it's related to the lower back. 

He also did an x-ray on my bad (right) knee and said it didn't look right as the last time he did surgery some of the cement had come loose from a prior surgery.  I'm literally falling apart.  :blink:  

Cleveland

I get injections in my back once or twice a year, OG. They've worked wonders for me, hope you have the same results.

After being sidelined all season by medical issues I played once 2 days ago, and yesterday at the range something popped and now my right shoulder is effed up. Golden years my butt, these are the rusty years.

Sent from my SM-N950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Wishon clubs, Odyssey CS stroke lab putter

I get injections in my back once or twice a year, OG. They've worked wonders for me, hope you have the same results.

After being sidelined all season by medical issues I played once 2 days ago, and yesterday at the range something popped and now my right shoulder is effed up. Golden years my butt, these are the rusty years.

Sent from my SM-N950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

That would be awesome! Getting ole ain't for sissies

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Cleveland

Some lower right back tightness. All stems from herniated discs while I was playing football/ giving QBs “snot bubbles”.

Always flares up when I swing through my shoes. Although it's a great, often painful reminder, to relax and let the club hit do the work.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14

Man I was going to make a smart ass comment like my wimp gland seems to swell every time I lay up but as I read through these post many of you have some pretty serious challenges. My prayers go out to all who are struggling to find some normalcy in their lives. Unfortunately we all have or will reach a point where we must redefine normal in our own lives. I like to say, “ I might not be as good as I once was but I'm as good once as I ever was”. Helps me to keep hope alive 😉

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

Update: I'm healed. Last PT session was last week, the last two times we worked on breaking up scar tissue and I'm back. 110%

Great news Shankster!

You just finished and I'm going to my first PT session this afternoon.  I have two bulging disc in my lower back which has led to a pinched nerve.  It's affecting my lower back and left hip so I'm ready for some relief! August 20th I go for a shot in my spine so hopefully these PT treatments will relieve some of the discomfort. 

Cleveland

Great news Shankster!

You just finished and I'm going to my first PT session this afternoon. I have two bulging disc in my lower back which has led to a pinched nerve. It's affecting my lower back and left hip so I'm ready for some relief! August 20th I go for a shot in my spine so hopefully these PT treatments will relieve some of the discomfort.

Take it easy OG! I have a feeling you'll kick that pain right in the arse!

Back injuries are no fun. I had 2 herniated discs when I was 24. Still flares up every once and a while.

Take it easy OG! I have a feeling you'll kick that pain right in the arse!

Back injuries are no fun. I had 2 herniated discs when I was 24. Still flares up every once and a while.

Thanks buddy.  Bulging disc are pretty common in old folks and I initially thought my hip was the culprit however the pinched nerve was causing all the pain. 

Cleveland