GolfSpy STUDque

Injury Thread

Went well. 130° overhead. 45° out to the side. Good massage to loosen up the joints. She said I'll meet my goal of golf on my birthday. May 12th.

Hey!! You are older than I am by 2 days!!!  

• Like 2

My whole body is an injury these days...lol. My left shoulder is garbage. I had Weaver - Dunn surgery in  2004. I think something is coming undone. My right shoulder is starting to hurt. My left hip hurts. Both quads ache most of the time. My back hurts non stop. I'm in great shape! Can't wait to start the season!

• Like 7

My whole body is an injury these days...lol. My left shoulder is garbage. I had Weaver - Dunn surgery in 2004. I think something is coming undone. My right shoulder is starting to hurt. My left hip hurts. Both quads ache most of the time. My back hurts non stop. I'm in great shape! Can't wait to start the season!

are you sure you're not in your 70's. Sounds like us

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

I can't believe it. I've been doing my assigned exercises and I've gotten all of my range back. Surgery was Monday. This is unreal. Now just need to work on the strength.

• Like 6

A new pain showed up this week.  Right heel; not on the bottom.  Not a constant pain, but sharp when stretching the Achilles... like today while walking up a steep slope from the green to the next tee.  Every year it's a different pain.  This one must be my 71 year old pain.

• Like 5

A new pain showed up this week. Right heel; not on the bottom. Not a constant pain, but sharp when stretching the Achilles... like today while walking up a steep slope from the green to the next tee. Every year it's a different pain. This one must be my 71 year old pain.

71 year old pains are the worst

They just keep moving around and messing with ya. Mine 71 year old pain is in my back this morning.

• Like 3

71 year old pains are the worst

They just keep moving around and messing with ya. Mine 71 year old pain is in my back this morning.

My back pain came when I was 59.  Many of the pains have stuck around; they just keep adding up.

• Like 1

I can't believe it. I've been doing my assigned exercises and I've gotten all of my range back. Surgery was Monday. This is unreal. Now just need to work on the strength.

Great to hear!  Just remember to still take it slow.  Worst thing you can do is re-injure yourself.

MDGolfHacker

• Like 2

Man, I remember when I was able to hit a bucket of balls without blinking.  Hit a bucket of balls Saturday and 1/3 of the way through I thought maybe I should quit while I was ahead.  Sunday and today I'm sore in spots I don't ever remember getting sore at, LOL..  Pretty sure it didn't help when it started lightly snowing part way through the bucket.

MDGolfHacker

• Like 5

Yesterday was the first I played since I hurt my shoulder. There still is a little pain but a lot better than a month ago. The good news is I know it's mostly muscle pain which will get better. I have the next 2 weeks off from golfing and then I should be good to go.

• Like 4

Great to hear! Just remember to still take it slow. Worst thing you can do is re-injure yourself.

MDGolfHacker

Little stiff today!!! Regressing a bit.

• Like 1

Yesterday was the first I played since I hurt my shoulder. There still is a little pain but a lot better than a month ago. The good news is I know it's mostly muscle pain which will get better. I have the next 2 weeks off from golfing and then I should be good to go.

Glad to hear it! Get back on that horse!

• Like 1

Slowly we are. No need to push it in March

Same here, I felt like Superman on Saturday. Did a lot of exercises and I'm quite sore today now.

• Like 1

Little stiff today!!! Regressing a bit.

It's going to happen, but that's what PT is for to get the body use to the range of motion constantly... :D  

MDGolfHacker

• Like 2

Just got done with my second round of PT. She said I'm 5 weeks ahead of schedule. Had a knot in my arm that was hindering some movements. Almost feels like nothing was done now. Frigging miracle.

• Like 5

Just got done with my second round of PT. She said I'm 5 weeks ahead of schedule. Had a knot in my arm that was hindering some movements. Almost feels like nothing was done now. Frigging miracle.

That's awesome that you're so far ahead. Complete recovery will probably coincide with the courses opening up!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

That's awesome that you're so far ahead. Complete recovery will probably coincide with the courses opening up!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Thanks! That's what I am hoping for. With still 3' of snow on the ground I'd say that's a safe bet.

• Like 1

Arm was getting super stiff. 4 iron is. Wonderful stretch assistant. Hopefully get cleared to start hitting pitches this week, now that I've worked out the knots in my tricep and deltoid.

• Like 2

Rotator cuff on right arm is killing me, PT doesn't seem to be working either. I was really hoping to avoid surgery but it's looking it's more and more likely

• Like 2