Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

Injury Thread

STUDque

Feel like i spend more time in this thread than i should. Current injury is some sort of strain to the intercostal muscles on my right side. Depending on the position, feels like someone punched me in the ribs.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

2 hours ago, DrMJG said:

Finally back doing the golf thing. Without going into a lot of detail, I lost strength in the legs for almost any activity, including standing and balance. After impressive work done by my primary care physician. cardiologist, and great physical therapists, all is in order for doing "golf activities".  

First re-pairs were adding a stent to a locked artery and doing a LOT of physical therapy.  THEN it was decided to put a Watchman in me and all has been cleared in terms of activity.

So far I can chip and putt and lightly swing my Orange Whip®.  So I did a little of each.  Results were "OK" for now. All showed severe rust; but, I expected that.

Great to be back!

Glad to see you are back!!  Don't overdo it too soon.  You've got nice weather for many months coming up.

My BIL moved to Surprise a few years ago from here, and he is doing well with 8 stents and pacemaker/defibrillator; plays a lot of golf.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

1 hour ago, dlow206 said:

Feel like i spend more time in this thread than i should. Current injury is some sort of strain to the intercostal muscles on my right side. Depending on the position, feels like someone punched me in the ribs.

KT Tape... works wonders!!!  Kenny B tested... Kenny B approved.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

• 1 month later...

Intercostal muscles hurting again, can't even make a golf swing motion without a club. Hurts to laugh, hurts to sneeze

Updated 07/15/2022
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip

44 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Intercostal muscles hurting again, can't even make a golf swing motion without a club. Hurts to laugh, hurts to sneeze

Sorry to hear that.  It can be rough.  Hopefully, it's mild and only lasts a few days and not a few weeks.

Be glad you are not older.  Stuff hurts all the time.  I hope you don't have a cold or allergies, and I suggest you stay away from the Joke thread for awhile.  😂  Oops!  Sorry about that.  😬

Been in a wrist brace for 3 weeks today thanks to a work injury.  No golf. No work. No doing anything as Im one handed. No cable TV.  

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

4 hours ago, pulledabill said:

Been in a wrist brace for 3 weeks today thanks to a work injury.  No golf. No work. No doing anything as Im one handed. No cable TV.  

Wow!  That's awful!  Hope you heal quickly.  Stay occupied!!

This is my first post in this thread. We all know that 2020 was a crap year for obvious reasons.

I've always been relatively healthy and active. About 3 months ago I had my first bout with diverticulitis. Have had 1 repeat since. No fun.

About a month ago I thought I broke my left big toe.. it's worse, I have gout. I'm currently going through my 2nd flare up in a month and it hurts like hell!

What sucks the most is that both gout and diverticulitis aren't temporary. They're with me forever. All I can do is try to manage them with diet and exercise and pray they don't come around because they both suck.

the more I practice, the luckier I seem to get..

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

I’m dealing with “tennis elbow” right now....pretty painful

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

Is being fat an injury?

(Just trying to bring a smile to everyone's dial)

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

33 minutes ago, MattF said:

Is being fat an injury?

If it is, I'm probably fatally wounded.

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

34 minutes ago, MattF said:

Is being fat an injury?

just like Pork is the other white meat.. "Fat" is the other pandemic.. I too, have caught a case of the fatness. 😢🤣

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

16 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Be glad you are not older.  Stuff hurts all the time.  ..........

Ain't that the truth.  I think there is a never ending glob of pain in my body that migrates from one place to the next just to keep it interesting.  Right now its in my L4, L5 area of the lower back and i am laying flat with my feet up on a chair typing this hoping I don't have to sneeze all day.  Before that it was my left elbow for about a week, before that my neck, before that my left foot, right wrist, etc, etc, etc......  🙄  Half the time it is self inflicted from overdoing it or doing something stupid but the other half it is of a mysterious origin.

I think I had a one week stretch of being pain free back in early May of 2019.  😁

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

3 hours ago, MattF said:

Is being fat an injury?

LOL.  So, are you trying to make @dlow206 laugh?  😂

On 1/13/2021 at 9:03 AM, Shapotomous said:

I think I had a one week stretch of being pain free back in early May of 2019.  😁

Yeah you're not really old enough yet if you can still remember when you had a pain-free stretch 😂🤪

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Is being fat an injury?

Yes, it’s Scientifically proven !!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Doing the smart thing and sitting out this Sunday's round. I likely would have come back more injured if i played.

Updated 07/15/2022

1 hour ago, dlow206 said:

Doing the smart thing and sitting out this Sunday's round. I likely would have come back more injured if i played.

Wise decision.  Probably going to rain anyway.  Rest up and come back healthy.

Had an injury setback yesterday. No, I wasn't trying to swing or do anything stupid. I sneezed and that definitely aggravated the injury...

Updated 07/15/2022

Sounds like a lot of us are falling apart lately. I sprained my big toe on my right foot somehow last Sunday during my water leak in the house. Swelling took three days to go down. Can't swing the club just yet. Can't pivot on that foot.  What makes it worse is I have a new club being delivered tomorrow.

Its like getting a car a week before you have a license. Ooooh the agony! 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

53 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Had an injury setback yesterday. No, I wasn't trying to swing or do anything stupid. I sneezed and that definitely aggravated the injury...

Just wait until you get older and that sneeze causes involuntary loss of fluid elsewhere. 😄 😄

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Just wait until you get older and that sneeze causes involuntary loss of fluid elsewhere.

Not for all of us.....yet.

Rick

Left Hand, 

• 2 months later...

rotator cuff surgery March 9th. I’m out for a few months, Stay healthy and safe fellow Golfers. 

Sub 70 949 D 9* HZRUDS 60G 6.5 smoke RDX shaft. 

Sub 70 949X 4 wood ALDILA ABV 65-S shaft

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-AW 

Sub 70 3 utility 19*

Callaway 56 and 58 wedge. 

OG White Hot #1 putter

On 1/16/2021 at 1:47 PM, CarlH said:

Just wait until you get older and that sneeze causes involuntary loss of fluid elsewhere. 😄 😄

A laugh can be just as embarrassing.  😬

I’m about recovered from my latest injury, at least about as much as I ever will be. Last September, I tore the meniscus and ACL in my right knee. Doctor fixed the meniscus but said the ACL surgery takes 20 yo athletes a full year to recover from and being 56 yo and non athlete (he was being kind) the best I could hope for was a 40% recovery in about 2 years. BUT through PT and strengthening he thought I could achieve that without surgery in about 6 months.
PT was completed a couple of what weeks ago. I’ve played 5 full rounds of golf, and a number of practice holes. Started out with 3 holes and worked my way up to a full 18. Shot 99–97-95-89-87 so that’s trending in the right direction.
The biggest issue aside from walking on uneven ground is I having to change my swing again. Finding something that doesn’t twist my trail knee has been a journey.
By flaring both my feet towards the target and moving my trail (right) foot back I can get good shoulder and hip turn with very little twisting of my knee and just flex and extend my legs creating a twisting upper body. I’ve lost about 50 yards, but part of that is simply fear. I moved up some tees and enjoyed be ABLE to play.
No play this weekend, but last weekend towards the end of the round I really smoked a couple of drives. Irons have been horrible but think I figured that out.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

I crashed on my bike Saturday. Lost the front wheel in a disguised patch of gravel on a downhill turn. I have a lot of road rash on my left side, though none of it super bad, but the wrenching my body took has my upper back and neck sore and stiff. Fortunately no concussion, but I'm having tension headaches from my stiff neck. I'm supposed to race this coming Saturday. That's still possible, but I'll probably opt out. Ironically I think golf would be harder now than riding, partly due to my back, and part to scrapes on my knuckles. 

Edited by Siamese Moose

Moose, my cat, is Siamese

Never really mentioned it on here through all of my play and workout posts, but since last October I've been fighting plantar fasciitis in both my feet.  I almost always walk but my feet would be throbbing by 12, and after workouts, to the point that I was icing my feet in a tub of ice water twice a day all winter and invested in a massage gun as well.  I got it under control to the point that I walked my first round relatively comfortably this year, and I finally have custom orthotics on the way...one pair for my combat boots, one for workout/golf shoes.  Can't wait to put it completely behind me...what a nagging pain-in-the-arse injury that is.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

On 3/29/2021 at 12:17 PM, Getoffmylawn said:

Never really mentioned it on here through all of my play and workout posts, but since last October I've been fighting plantar fasciitis in both my feet.  I almost always walk but my feet would be throbbing by 12, and after workouts, to the point that I was icing my feet in a tub of ice water twice a day all winter and invested in a massage gun as well.  I got it under control to the point that I walked my first round relatively comfortably this year, and I finally have custom orthotics on the way...one pair for my combat boots, one for workout/golf shoes.  Can't wait to put it completely behind me...what a nagging pain-in-the-arse injury that is.

That sucks. I had planter fasciitis in both feet in my late 20's. I'd wake up in the morning and would have to sometimes crawl to the bathroom and walk on the outsides of my feet for 30 min to an hr. Only thing that fixed it was a cortisone shot in both feet. Mt feet still get sore but I can walk all I want, I just need to stop and sit for a few minutes every so often.  

Sub 70 949 D 9* HZRUDS 60G 6.5 smoke RDX shaft. 

Sub 70 949X 4 wood ALDILA ABV 65-S shaft

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-AW 

Sub 70 3 utility 19*

Callaway 56 and 58 wedge. 

OG White Hot #1 putter

Plantar fasciitis is one of the injuries I’ve had/have. Like you I did the custom orthotics (2 sets) in mid 80’s and has mostly solved the problem since then.
I would get a flare up occasionally but nothing debilitating. As I’ve gotten older and not on my feet as much, especially factory concrete floors the problem has subsided.
I still wear the orthotics and swear by them.

Rick

Left Hand, 

On 4/5/2021 at 8:59 PM, Rickp said:

Plantar fasciitis is one of the injuries I’ve had/have. Like you I did the custom orthotics (2 sets) in mid 80’s and has mostly solved the problem since then.
I would get a flare up occasionally but nothing debilitating. As I’ve gotten older and not on my feet as much, especially factory concrete floors the problem has subsided.
I still wear the orthotics and swear by them.

Thanks.  Mine arrived last Friday.  I've worn them to work in my combat boots a couple times and they're definitely going to help.  I've also got them in my workout shoes.

Only problem/setback was Saturday...I walked 18, and I went to put them in my Spieth 2 shoes, which are already kind of narrow and snug, and the orthotic made the shoe too narrow and snug.  Haven't tried them in my HOVR's, but I suppose if I wear orthotics all week it won't be the end of the world to not have them for golf, right?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1: