GolfSpy STUDque

Injury Thread

I think the pregnancy test will come back negative and hopefully the other tests work out as well. Good luck

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

OK, so, another kick to the plums was apparently in order.

X-ray revealed degenerative disc disease of the L5-S1. That's why I have lower back pain quite a bit and why long drives leave me worse for wear.

Annnd, just for s#$ts and giggles, they saw a large calcium deposit but can't tell if it's in my kidney or not...but I'll say not because I have no symptoms at all of kidney stones. But to "be on the safe side" I have to get an ultrasound and blood test tomorrow...hope I'm not pregnant!

Degenerate disks @ L5/S1 is something you should be able to manage conservatively, mainly about avoiding specific things that cause pain. I've had dry discs @L4/5/S1 for 25 years (at least) Daily stretching and behaviour modification have helped keep symptoms at bay.

Hopefully your calcium deposit was a pain tablet on its way through, or something equally harmless.

I've had a few bouts of kidney stones and wouldn't wish them on anyone, no matter how bad their choice of hats.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Thanks guys. As @Peaksy said, stretching and that sort of thing but I will be speaking to my chiro and doctor more about that. Last resort is surgery, but I want to avoid that as much as possible.

Doing more reading says that you may not have any symptoms with a kidney stone until it starts to move, but we will see later this morning.

• Like 1

Thanks guys. As @Peaksy said, stretching and that sort of thing but I will be speaking to my chiro and doctor more about that. Last resort is surgery, but I want to avoid that as much as possible.

Doing more reading says that you may not have any symptoms with a kidney stone until it starts to move, but we will see later this morning.

When my back fires up I give it a few days of anti inflammatories, some pain relief and take it easy but keep moving. Focal back pain usually settles if it gets a chance. Radicular pain is another matter and needs careful (and professional) management. Personally I have no time for chiro, I think you get as much or more benefit from a massage.

I can pretty much tell what a 40-50 year old blokes lumbar X-ray will look like before I see it, nearly always crappy, with reduced disc space and joint degeneration , especially those of who've played a bit of sport and done some manual work.

Your shooting pain may have been a tiny kidney stone moving through the system, if a big or pointy one moves you will really know it. Think of the worst pain you've ever had, multiply by ten and that's where the pain builds from. Fingers crossed if is a stone they can break it down with medication.

• Like 1

Your shooting pain may have been a tiny kidney stone moving through the system, if a big or pointy one moves you will really know it. Think of the worst pain you've ever had, multiply by ten and that's where the pain builds from. Fingers crossed if is a stone they can break it down with medication.

That pain was the L1 nerves that go into the groin...even made the plums ache.

I had a hemorrhoidectomy last year...the pain was like nothing I've ever experienced EVER.

I should have the results of the ultrasound at the beginning of next week.

That pain was the L1 nerves that go into the groin...even made the plums ache.

I had a hemorrhoidectomy last year...the pain was like nothing I've ever experienced EVER.

I should have the results of the ultrasound at the beginning of next week.

For some reason as I read hemorrhoidectomy my mind processed as hysterectomy. That would have been very weird.

• Like 1

For some reason as I read hemorrhoidectomy my mind processed as hysterectomy. That would have been very weird.

We've all seen the hat, anything is possible.

• Like 2

So... PT today, she asked me to video my swing last time I was in. Said that golfing is irritating my shoulder after watching my video. That's why I keep getting the flare ups...

Not sure what to do.

It feels great when I'm playing, but reaching for door knobs, the shampoo bottle, a coffee cup... not so good.

Golf season is too dang short not to gold here... what to do??!!

So... PT today, she asked me to video my swing last time I was in. Said that golfing is irritating my shoulder after watching my video. That's why I keep getting the flare ups...

Not sure what to do.

It feels great when I'm playing, but reaching for door knobs, the shampoo bottle, a coffee cup... not so good.

Power through it and then get the surgery at the end of the season?

• Like 1

Not sure what to do.

Find a new physical therapist. . Just kidding, maybe ask if she teaches golf.

• Like 3

Power through it and then get the surgery at the end of the season?

Already had the surgery.. that's the issue.

Not sure what to do.

Ask her what in the swing is causing the problem. It may be something simple that you can fix or it may not be.

Ask her what in the swing is causing the problem. It may be something simple that you can fix or it may not be.

It's my follow through. Anything above shoulder high. I would have to hit some serious knock down shots all the time to avoid extending above shoulder.

It's my follow through. Anything above shoulder high. I would have to hit some serious knock down shots all the time to avoid extending above shoulder.

Or you can adapt the follow through of your favorite player

1428785716387_lc_galleryImage_Jordan_Spi

• Like 2

Or you can adapt the follow through of your favorite player

1428785716387_lc_galleryImage_Jordan_Spi

I could. But I don't have that amount of time, money, or patience to rework my mess of a swing.

That Chicken Wing might be worse on it...

• Like 2

Tommy Fleetwood is going to be my inspiration. Lots of work to do.

IMG_3310.JPG

• Like 2

Tommy Fleetwood is going to be my inspiration. Lots of work to do.

attachicon.gifIMG_3310.JPG

That's a good finish position. I hit the ball best when I finish like that even sometimes a little lower.

• Like 1

Welp... Tommy Fleetwood copy swing progress is showing positive results. Took about 30 swings this morning and no flare up. And much better ball contact.

Should have taken this personal challenge a while ago. That dude is an amazing golfer. We are the same height and build. Should be easy for me to get there. I might even try to find a coach when I move to help me.

I feel like my poor shots are holding back my game. The blow up holes where I snowman or triple holes just pisses me off to no end.

I might even start a blog on my swing transformation.

• Like 4

I'm still recovering from a hunting accident that let to surgery to repair my ankle and fibula. This happened 11/15 and I was warned full recovery could take a year.

• Like 1

Picked up a painful back injury. Not really sure how I did it, but about 2 weeks ago went down to Missouri to play a quick softball tournament in my brothers name . Left Friday after work came back home Sunday. Then Tuesday Wednesday had training at headquarters 1:45 away with 6 hours of training then back home. Thursday went to the course after work for league right left started getting painful made it difficult to walk got huge cramp in my right glute. Haven't been able to take more than 2 steps without a ton of pain getting worse the longer I go. Went to the dr got xray showed nothing. Got some steroids muscle relaxers and antiinflamitory. I imagine if the Palin doesn't get better after I finish the steroids in a few days it will be MRI time.

Sent from my SM-G930V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2