GolfSpy STUDque

Injury Thread

@OG

Just curious, what are the signs of MS that you're showing?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Praying for you buddy!

About your brain scan... I'm not sure whether to hope they find something or not. :unsure:

LOL They'll have a hard time that's for sure

• Like 1

@OG

Just curious, what are the signs of MS that you're showing?

Excessive weakness in my legs, balance and coordination problems while walking or even standing. Occasionally blurred vision, numbness or tingling in my hands.

It could be anything or just simply getting older. I want to make sure if it is MS that I have it documented at the VA. I've already been through prostate cancer which was related to agent orange and my last psa test showed elevated so I hope that crap is not returning.

• Like 1

Last time I was at the doc for my elbow he told me Tommy John surgery is looming in the future, but trying to get as many years in as I can before the surgery.  Made it most of this season with little issue and hoping that some rest in the off season will help as well.  Switching to graphite shafts in the entire bag has been a real game changer for me and not sure I could ever think of going back to steel these days.  

• Like 1

I'm seeing a neurologist at the VA in Augusta, Ga. November 12 for a brain scan.  I have had symptoms of multiple sclerosis and this could be related to exposure to agent orange in Vietnam.  Hopefully the scan will clarify what's going on so we can get to the bottom of this and I can get some questions answered. .  

My Friend was diagnosed with MS over 5 years ago. She changed her diet completely and takes no medicines and lives a perfectly normal life. Foods and the chemicals in them make our bodies act in strange ways, if it is indeed MS, which I hope it isn't, I can certainly put you in touch to see if she can help you in any way possible. She loves to help.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I don't have MS but can attest to the benefits of changing a diet to accommodate an illness.  I am on what I can only describe as a strictly paleo diet after contracting Lyme Disease about 5 years ago.  Although, I don't really make an attempt to eat strictly paleo, it seems to be what reacts best with my body and the "virus" I will carry for the rest of my life.  I no longer take medications as a result of the changed diet.  The side effects of the meds were often far worse than the symptoms.

Best of luck through the testing and beyond, OG.

• Like 6

Last time I was at the doc for my elbow he told me Tommy John surgery is looming in the future, but trying to get as many years in as I can before the surgery. Made it most of this season with little issue and hoping that some rest in the off season will help as well. Switching to graphite shafts in the entire bag has been a real game changer for me and not sure I could ever think of going back to steel these days.

TJ survivor here. I had it near the end of my baseball playing days. That's a solid year or more down for the count. Even when you feel good, you'll be sore as hell after physical activity. My rehab facility actually gave me a graduation certificate when I finally finished up.

I'm 8 years past it now and still feel good as I did before the surgery. That being said, I've got to really pay attention to my elbow when it gets sore from golf so I don't stress it too much and end up back on the table.

In your situation, you can't make it worse by waiting. Just hang on as long as you can before the pain is too much. Forearm exercises and stretches are your friend.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

I'm seeing a neurologist at the VA in Augusta, Ga. November 12 for a brain scan. I have had symptoms of multiple sclerosis and this could be related to exposure to agent orange in Vietnam. Hopefully the scan will clarify what's going on so we can get to the bottom of this and I can get some questions answered. .

OG. I had no idea about this. You seemed normal (well for an old coot) during our round this past weekend.

Hope all comes out ok for you.

• Like 4

OG. I had no idea about this. You seemed normal (well for an old coot) during our round this past weekend.

Hope all comes out ok for you.

Thanks Rob. I'll be fine although my wife says I'm far from normal

• Like 4

I'm seeing a neurologist at the VA in Augusta, Ga. November 12 for a brain scan.  I have had symptoms of multiple sclerosis and this could be related to exposure to agent orange in Vietnam.  Hopefully the scan will clarify what's going on so we can get to the bottom of this and I can get some questions answered. .  

As a fellow old coot and a Nam vet, be assured that I am thinking of you my country rooted good ole boy buddy.   

• Like 4

IMG_20171002_105837.jpg

Thankful for health insurance... Copay was $200

I mostly just wanted to post a picture because the stitches in the finger thumbnail was too much to look at on mobile.

Sent from my Pixel XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

As a fellow old coot and a Nam vet, be assured that I am thinking of you my country rooted good ole boy buddy.

Hell we're old enough to be worn out from natural causes huh buddy? My ails are probably from too much corn liquor back in the day

• Like 4

Hell we're old enough to be worn out from natural causes huh buddy? My ails are probably from too much corn liquor back in the day

Whadda mean "maybe" too much corn liquor

• Like 2

Thanks Rob. I'll be fine although my wife says I'm far from normal

That's what ALL wives say, and probably right

• Like 1

I understand, but its my experience that corn liquor ain't a cause, its a cure.

• Like 5

Excessive weakness in my legs, balance and coordination problems while walking or even standing. Occasionally blurred vision, numbness or tingling in my hands.

It could be anything or just simply getting older. I want to make sure if it is MS that I have it documented at the VA. I've already been through prostate cancer which was related to agent orange and my last psa test showed elevated so I hope that crap is not returning.

We are all wishing you well

My neighbor, also Nam Vet is having similar symptoms and is also getting tested at VA I believe Gainesville.

• Like 1

This is true

Glad someone started this thread! I just wish it was a few months earlier when I suffered my injury. On June 30th, 2017 I was moving a safe at work, which was one of the old style big block with a top door latch, when the safe slipped off of the rollers and the door, which was still open, fell and crushed the top of my finger. After getting to the hospital I spent 6 hours between X-ray, assessments, and finally surgery. The door had crushed the distal phalange (bone above your top knuckle)(the part with the nail) and there was no chance they would be able to re-attach the removed piece. After removing the remaining bone and nail, 11 stitches were used to pull the remaining skin over top and provide me with a nub to work with. 6 weeks of physiotherapy later and my finger was back to full strength again. Looking back on it I am lucky that it was on my non-dominant hand and I didn't have to make any major grip changes. That being said, I did switch from Larkin 3Gen grips to SuperStroke CrossComfort since they were a bit softer and absorbed a bit more vibrations in the club. Crazy thing about the whole ordeal was that I've been playing better since the incident occurred.attachicon.gifIMG_1713.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_1714.JPGattachicon.gifImage1507093153.561635.jpg

WOW, good luck with recovery.

Here's what I have to say to that.

cause.jpeg?quality=100&w=600

I know alcohol certainly helps ease the pain for any physical issues.

• Like 8

I wasn't going to post in here, because I'm ignoring the problem. I had Weaver/Dunn surgery on my left shoulder in 2004. I think it might be coming undone. I have a lot of pain right now and it feels "wrong". I'll see how it goes over the Winter. I'm NOT getting cut on again!

• Like 1

I wasn't going to post in here, because I'm ignoring the problem. I had Weaver/Dunn surgery on my left shoulder in 2004. I think it might be coming undone. I have a lot of pain right now and it feels "wrong". I'll see how it goes over the Winter. I'm NOT getting cut on again!

My friend wants to know what Weaver/Dunn surgery is?