GolfSpy STUDque

Injury Thread

Perfect. My right hand is all messed up. Can't grip my golf clubs without pain. I wonder if this is a sign. First was the shoulder; now my hand and shoulder. Hope this crap goes away.

Same arm as the shoulder?

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Same arm as the shoulder?

Other arm. Feels sprained. Can you even sprain your hand? If so... why and how. Haha I have like 2/10 max grip.

Having an MRI tomorrow afternoon to find out what's causing my left hip to give out on me.   I had x -rays last week and no hip replacement needed however the doc still thinks nerve damage tied to my lower back could be the culprit.  The best case scenario is bursitis, with a pinched nerve in my spine coming in second.    The pain is on the outside of the hip and not in front ,which would have told the doc my hip was wore out. 

• Like 1

Having an MRI tomorrow afternoon to find out what's causing my left hip to give out on me. I had x -rays last week and no hip replacement needed however the doc still thinks nerve damage tied to my lower back could be the culprit. The best case scenario is bursitis, with a pinched nerve in my spine coming in second. The pain is on the outside of the hip and not in front ,which would have told the doc my hip was wore out.

Good luck OG

Other arm. Feels sprained. Can you even sprain your hand? If so... why and how. Haha I have like 2/10 max grip.

It could be something with your forearm which has more to do about your grip than your forearm.

• Like 4

Good luck OGIt could be something with your forearm which has more to do about your grip than your forearm.

That was my thought as well.

Having an MRI tomorrow afternoon to find out what's causing my left hip to give out on me.   I had x -rays last week and no hip replacement needed however the doc still thinks nerve damage tied to my lower back could be the culprit.  The best case scenario is bursitis, with a pinched nerve in my spine coming in second.    The pain is on the outside of the hip and not in front ,which would have told the doc my hip was wore out. 

Good luck OG!  Hope they find out what it is and be able to treat it.  My wife had L5-S1 fusion 10 years ago and had nerve pain in her hip for several years.  Still has it once in awhile, but it's mostly gone now.  Hope you don't take 10 years though.

• Like 1

Good luck OG!  Hope they find out what it is and be able to treat it.  My wife had L5-S1 fusion 10 years ago and had nerve pain in her hip for several years.  Still has it once in awhile, but it's mostly gone now.  Hope you don't take 10 years though.

Thanks Kenny.    Maybe it's just bursitis causing inflammation and they can treat it and I'll be good to go.   I've had  lower back pain for a looooong time now and was thinking it was just old age and over use. We'll find out soon ........

• Like 2

Gotta annual checkup this week. Here's my list to discuss with the Dr.

- when I raise my right arm to shoulder height 8 have a strong pain coming from the shoulder, pain has been there for about 3 months

- I have some sort of tendonitis in my right tricep/elbow......pain has been constant for two months

- my right knee is giving out when It is bent and I put tension on it.....a solid month.

These are the new pains, I still have overstretched ligaments in my left ankle.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Man, hope it works out for you Foz.

MDGolfHacker

Man, hope it works out for you Foz.

MDGolfHacker

It makes the Cobra Challenge difficult at best. Trying to play through the pains until September. My swing has flattened out so I am not getting the loft I used to get. I can't seem to get my arm raised up high enough.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Cobra Connect Bag: Cobra F8 Driver(10.5*) 3-4W(14.5*) & 5-6W(18.5*)w/Mitsubishi Tensei ck Blue Regular; Cobra F8 3 Hybrid, 5 Hybrid & 6-PW, Gw(49*) SW(54*) LW(58*) all w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts. Lamkin Cobra Connect grips with Arccoss tracking sensors. Putter: Evnroll ER6 33”. Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat/Silver).

• Like 1

Ok just returned home from the results of my MRI.   My orthopedic doc  said I had two bulging discs and a pinched nerve .  Initial treatment will be physical therapy and a trip to another doc to have an injection in my spine to see if that provides relief. The pinched nerve is what is causing my hip to hurt so it's related to the lower back. 

He also did an x-ray on my bad (right) knee and said it didn't look right as the last time he did surgery some of the cement had come loose from a prior surgery.  I'm literally falling apart.  :blink:  

• Like 2

I get injections in my back once or twice a year, OG. They've worked wonders for me, hope you have the same results.

After being sidelined all season by medical issues I played once 2 days ago, and yesterday at the range something popped and now my right shoulder is effed up. Golden years my butt, these are the rusty years.

Sent from my SM-N950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

I get injections in my back once or twice a year, OG. They've worked wonders for me, hope you have the same results.

After being sidelined all season by medical issues I played once 2 days ago, and yesterday at the range something popped and now my right shoulder is effed up. Golden years my butt, these are the rusty years.

Sent from my SM-N950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

That would be awesome! Getting ole ain't for sissies

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Some lower right back tightness. All stems from herniated discs while I was playing football/ giving QBs “snot bubbles”.

Always flares up when I swing through my shoes. Although it's a great, often painful reminder, to relax and let the club hit do the work.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Man I was going to make a smart ass comment like my wimp gland seems to swell every time I lay up but as I read through these post many of you have some pretty serious challenges. My prayers go out to all who are struggling to find some normalcy in their lives. Unfortunately we all have or will reach a point where we must redefine normal in our own lives. I like to say, “ I might not be as good as I once was but I'm as good once as I ever was”. Helps me to keep hope alive 😉

• Like 2

Update: I'm healed. Last PT session was last week, the last two times we worked on breaking up scar tissue and I'm back. 110%

• Like 4

Update: I'm healed. Last PT session was last week, the last two times we worked on breaking up scar tissue and I'm back. 110%

Great news Shankster!

You just finished and I'm going to my first PT session this afternoon.  I have two bulging disc in my lower back which has led to a pinched nerve.  It's affecting my lower back and left hip so I'm ready for some relief! August 20th I go for a shot in my spine so hopefully these PT treatments will relieve some of the discomfort. 

• Like 3

Great news Shankster!

You just finished and I'm going to my first PT session this afternoon. I have two bulging disc in my lower back which has led to a pinched nerve. It's affecting my lower back and left hip so I'm ready for some relief! August 20th I go for a shot in my spine so hopefully these PT treatments will relieve some of the discomfort.

Take it easy OG! I have a feeling you'll kick that pain right in the arse!

Back injuries are no fun. I had 2 herniated discs when I was 24. Still flares up every once and a while.

• Like 1

Take it easy OG! I have a feeling you'll kick that pain right in the arse!

Back injuries are no fun. I had 2 herniated discs when I was 24. Still flares up every once and a while.

Thanks buddy.  Bulging disc are pretty common in old folks and I initially thought my hip was the culprit however the pinched nerve was causing all the pain. 

• Like 1