GolfSpy STUDque

Injury Thread

Two months of no golf after double carpal surgey, I finally play a full round then trip and fracture my thumb hours later. 

Clean fracture and no cast. Just a brace

• Sad 8

that sucks.  sorry you have to go through this.

3 hours ago, pulledabill said:

Two months of no golf after double carpal surgey, I finally play a full round then trip and fracture my thumb hours later. 

Clean fracture and no cast. Just a brace

Your hand must be mad at you

Been playing badly lately. Hitting hardly any greens. Then, I hurt my wrist teeing off on 17 the other day. Really yanked a tendon in my left hand. Realized I had way too much tension, too tight of a grip, and too hard of a set in transition. Had to change my swing up and make it looser and easier on my body. Took a little work but I figured it out and got back to hitting some greens!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I am so over this place.  Just fell down my steps heading to work, turned into a pretzel mid air somehow my left foot hit the railing and I am 90% I broke something.  Not to mention twisting up my back.  Headed to the ER... FML

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

I am so over this place.  Just fell down my steps heading to work, turned into a pretzel mid air somehow my left foot hit the railing and I am 90% I broke something.  Not to mention twisting up my back.  Headed to the ER... FML

Hope it isn’t a serious as you think.
  • Like 1

My right knee continues to be an issue.  Just had a cortisone shot Wednesday and hoping that buys me time.  I'm trying to kick the knee replacement down the road so that I can enjoy summer, but not at the expense of quality time.  Already have had the left knee replaced 3 years ago.

2 hours ago, Shankster said:

yikes...hope all is well

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Shankster said:

Sorry to hear that; hope it's not serious.  Rest up... I prescribe watching the Players.

Are you sure you're not 60?  

• Like 1

Went to urgent care yesterday for a toenail and toe bruise on my big ol' toe after dropping a box on my foot. Turns out, minimal fracture in my toe, like a tiny tiny fracture besides the nail bed damage. On antibiotics for 7 days to try to avoid infection and elevations and ointment. Such is life. Easy to walk on, just a touch tender when putting on socks and what not.

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, Berg Ryman said:

Went to urgent care yesterday for a toenail and toe bruise on my big ol' toe after dropping a box on my foot. Turns out, minimal fracture in my toe, like a tiny tiny fracture besides the nail bed damage. On antibiotics for 7 days to try to avoid infection and elevations and ointment. Such is life. Easy to walk on, just a touch tender when putting on socks and what not.

I see the sad faces guys, but it's nothing. Hell, I walked a mile in dress shoes over Syracuse's crappily paved streets on Tuesday with no ill effects. Won't stop golf when the weather gets good, probably just no running or soccer or placekicking for a few weeks. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Berg Ryman said:

I see the sad faces guys, but it's nothing. Hell, I walked a mile in dress shoes over Syracuse's crappily paved streets on Tuesday with no ill effects. Won't stop golf when the weather gets good, probably just no running or soccer or placekicking for a few weeks. 

Does my laughing face make you feel better?  🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Kenny B said:

Does my laughing face make you feel better?  🤣

After a long week in and out of courts and job interviews, it does Kenny, thanks!

• Like 2

Dang buddy I hope you just sprained it

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

I skipped the ER and went to work. Some ice, rest and Motrin... I feel ok. Middle toe on my left foot is definitely broken. It’s a wonderful color of purple and black. Foot seems to be ok. Might go later if it flares up.

Went to the simulator as promised. Probably shouldn’t have. My swing is a pile of crap at the moment. Disgusting.

got a paper cut at work today, Man! why is that more painful than a proper cut? everything I touch makes me yelp!😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

got a paper cut at work today, Man! why is that more painful than a proper cut? everything I touch makes me yelp!

Us old dudes get lot’s of that during the windy cold weather. Not from paper but it feels just as bad

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

The perils of coaching: took a backswing from Kirke right in the elbow this morning. If I try to pick something up with my thumb and first two fingers, there's no issue. But thumb and last two fingers is pain from the elbow to the wrist and incredible weakness. Hoping that clears up in the next couple of days.

• Like 1