GolfSpy STUDque

Injury Thread

Got the call from the Orthopedic doctor's office and scheduled my knee replacement for 29 April.  Yea!  I'll limp through (see what I did there) a few more rounds of golf between now and then and then be sidelined for about 6 weeks or so.  Mixed emotions.  Sad that I'm going to miss some prime golf days but glad that I'll be able to play pain free again (well, at least from my knee).  I'll be living my golf vicariously through MGS and Golf Channel.  🙂 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, CarlH said:

Got the call from the Orthopedic doctor's office and scheduled my knee replacement for 29 April.  Yea!  I'll limp through (see what I did there) a few more rounds of golf between now and then and then be sidelined for about 6 weeks or so.  Mixed emotions.  Sad that I'm going to miss some prime golf days but glad that I'll be able to play pain free again (well, at least from my knee).  I'll be living my golf vicariously through MGS and Golf Channel.  🙂 

You will be glad you got it done.  I developed a few bad habits playing on a bum knee that I had to "unlearn".  The doc also said that if I had waited any longer, he would have had to do a bone graft.  One side of my knee is numb from cutting nerves, but it's not pain so all's good.

Oh, I know.  I was very glad when I had the left knee done 4 years ago.  I've been playing (limping) since January.  Doesn't hurt to swing, but hurts like hell to walk to the ball.  However, I know that I'm not firing off my right leg like I used to and not clearing my hips nearly as well as I should be.  So, after recovery, that'll be my goal to work towards.

I understand about the numb feeling .... left knee and shin still have little to no feeling even after 4 years.  Sort of like the last 30 minutes of novacaine wearing off 🙂

• Like 1

Got the call from the Orthopedic doctor's office and scheduled my knee replacement for 29 April.  Yea!  I'll limp through (see what I did there) a few more rounds of golf between now and then and then be sidelined for about 6 weeks or so.  Mixed emotions.  Sad that I'm going to miss some prime golf days but glad that I'll be able to play pain free again (well, at least from my knee).  I'll be living my golf vicariously through MGS and Golf Channel.   

Good luck on the 29th Buddy

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

Oh, I know.  I was very glad when I had the left knee done 4 years ago.  I've been playing (limping) since January.  Doesn't hurt to swing, but hurts like hell to walk to the ball.  However, I know that I'm not firing off my right leg like I used to and not clearing my hips nearly as well as I should be.  So, after recovery, that'll be my goal to work towards.
I understand about the numb feeling .... left knee and shin still have little to no feeling even after 4 years.  Sort of like the last 30 minutes of novacaine wearing off

I’ve had TKR surgery so if you have any questions post surgery, I’m here for ya .

• Like 2

Two weeks removed from arthroscopic surgery on my wrist to fix the TFCC, follow up tomorrow hopefully gives me the all clear to start some chipping. Going to put off the four trigger finger releases until winter.

• Like 4

Serious pain and inflammation in my left heel. It makes walking painful. I had this same condition before and never figured out how to treat it, but it eventually went away.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Man... went to the range to work on the swing. Pulled something in my hip/groin... not cool Bob. Not cool.

Can’t turn through the ball without wanting to shout a bunch of 4 letter words.

Hope this heals quickly.

• Like 2
  • Sad 5

Played 18 today. All went well until hole 15. Pulled something in my back on the tee shot. Finished the round but went double, double, triple, bogey. Got home sit down for an hour and could hardly get up. Hopefully this passes quick because I have a 2 man tournament next Saturday. Plus a little thing called cobraconnectchallenge3 which is coming up soon.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

Not a biggie, but I gouged out a piece of my right pinkie at work yesterday...right where  my left index finger sits when I grip a club. Hoping a bandaid helps.

• Sad 3

Wow!  So many injuries recently!  I guess I should be happy that I only have my normal 4 pains that I have every day; back, shoulder, foot, hands.

i

• Like 2

Speaking of injuries, a progress report for me and my knee replacement.  It's been 10 days since surgery and I"m still feeling significant pain trying to bend the knee.  My best, as of Friday PT, was 88 degrees, which is the same as I achieved Wednesday.  I'll see the PA on Tuesday to have the bandage removed (along with stitches/staples or whatever is holding me together) and evaluation.  In comparison to the last time, I feel like I'm not making as good of progress, but that could be jaded thinking.  Anyway, still spending most of my time with leg elevated (meaning bed) and minimizing sitting in chairs per the therapists orders.  Mainly, I'm just frustrated and looking forward to getting better motion with the knee flex.  Seems like I should be breaking through any day now, but it isn't fast enough for me!  🙂  Enjoy your games guys!  Missing mine! 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

That knee replacement is big deal. I've known a few like yourself... but they recovered. Although a little slow it seemed. From what I have seen it's all in the therapy afterwards. The ones I thought recovered fastest and best worked hard. The ones that didn't were slower to rebound and in my opinion didn't do as well overall.

Easy for me to say but try your best to stick with the therapy and rehab exercises when you start; as much as possible. Best of luck!

That's completely true.  My other knee was replaced 4 years ago and I'm at the same physical therapist that I used for that one.  I am working hard, but it just seems to be stuck at the current level.  I know it will break through at some point.

• Like 1

That's completely true.  My other knee was replaced 4 years ago and I'm at the same physical therapist that I used for that one.  I am working hard, but it just seems to be stuck at the current level.  I know it will break through at some point.

Hang in there Buddy

On 3/15/2019 at 11:11 AM, Berg Ryman said:

Went to urgent care yesterday for a toenail and toe bruise on my big ol' toe after dropping a box on my foot. Turns out, minimal fracture in my toe, like a tiny tiny fracture besides the nail bed damage. On antibiotics for 7 days to try to avoid infection and elevations and ointment. Such is life. Easy to walk on, just a touch tender when putting on socks and what not.

Random update, toenail fell off today. Getting a good soak tomorrow and to have this happen right before sandal season... Also have a slight neck sprain from a violent coughing fit. A comedy of errors.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

This thread, along with the “got troubles?” Thread always make me realize that I don’t have it all that bad. I guess whoever dies first will win these two threads...

• Like 4

Another knee update:  Post 4 weeks of surgery tomorrow.  Walking without any means of outside support/assist without significant issues -- a bit of a limp, but that should improve with time.  Still feeling some pain in the thighs and shin, as well as the joint itself, although the pain isn't such that I will be continuing with medication.  Driving again -- my car, not my Taylor Made.  Friday, I achieved 120 degree bend on the wall slide, lifting 100 lbs with both legs in leg press and 60 lbs with the single leg (repaired knee).  Actually was able to get my own sock on today ... for those of you who have never gone through a total knee replacement, this is a big deal!  LOL.  

Went out on the course yesterday and today, riding around in the cart visiting with the folks playing (Pairs tournament (couples), so most of the club was out doing shotgun starts).  After 2 hours of in cart and some walking around the greens, I'd had enough fun for one day.

Should be able to start chipping and putting within the next 2 weeks, hopefully.

On the plus side, my game seems to have vastly improved in my mind.  🙂

• Like 3

Another knee update:  Post 4 weeks of surgery tomorrow.  Walking without any means of outside support/assist without significant issues -- a bit of a limp, but that should improve with time.  Still feeling some pain in the thighs and shin, as well as the joint itself, although the pain isn't such that I will be continuing with medication.  Driving again -- my car, not my Taylor Made.  Friday, I achieved 120 degree bend on the wall slide, lifting 100 lbs with both legs in leg press and 60 lbs with the single leg (repaired knee).  Actually was able to get my own sock on today ... for those of you who have never gone through a total knee replacement, this is a big deal!  LOL.  
Went out on the course yesterday and today, riding around in the cart visiting with the folks playing (Pairs tournament (couples), so most of the club was out doing shotgun starts).  After 2 hours of in cart and some walking around the greens, I'd had enough fun for one day.
Should be able to start chipping and putting within the next 2 weeks, hopefully.
On the plus side, my game seems to have vastly improved in my mind. 

I’ve been there brother and I feel your pain. Glad you are making progress and hang in there!

• Like 1

Not me but my wife. She was trying to gracefully exit the pool and pretty much fell off the ladder...broke her right little toe.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3