Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

Injury Thread

STUDque

12 minutes ago, silver & black said:

I hear ya. Years of martial arts competition, mtn. biking and tennis has made a walking injury out of me.😬

That’s what Orthopedic Dos are for.  I’ve got an appointment with a different Doc next week.  He’s great with knees/hips and his partner does shoulder/elbows.  They should have me covered for next few years👍

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

22 minutes ago, Shankster said:

I’ll fit right in.  Shoulder overhaul a few years ago.  I’ll need a knee at some point.  

Can’t swing a 9iron without hitting an Orthopedic Doc here, and they are all busy!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Loading & unloading our tractor trailer multiple times every weekend for our indoor percussion shows is wreaking havoc on me. Even with wearing two knee braces all day yesterday I feel like garbage this morning. As soon as I got up I took Advil. Courses around me are starting to open up, so I'm excited to go play but right now I don't even know if I could walk 9. The "beat up" feeling doesn't go away until at least mid-week. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

8 hours ago, Rickp said:

Can’t swing a 9iron without hitting an Orthopedic Doc here, and they are all busy!!

So, they are on the golf course too, eh?  Out handing out business cards, or is that where you get an appt to see how your replacement is doing?

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I hurt my tricep pretty good yesterday, I was convinced with how bad it hurt and my limitations with opening a door that I put a  decent tear in it. I took a few bad driver swings but I think the chunk I had trying to hit a delisted 5 irons really set it off. So far today things are better, I iced it for at least 2 hours last night. Holding off on any pain medication since the last time I used it for my wrist I think I developed a slight ulcer. My hope is to start swinging again on Thursday without issues. The perks of being a therapist is I am going to self treat myself all week in the clinic

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

17 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

So, they are on the golf course too, eh?  Out handing out business cards, or is that where you get an appt to see how your replacement is doing?

They don’t have time to play golf.  Too busy making money. 

Rick

Left Hand, 

My most current injury comes from the gym about 4 weeks ago, just before the superbowl. I go to a crossfit type gym class, we were doing a relay where you're in a plank, get up and grab a medicine ball, run to a  tic tac toe board and place the ball. Well when I was getting up from the plank, my left pointer finger slide out and bent sideways. I thought I dislocated it at first but I am pretty sure its just some torn ligaments. I still can't fully bend it maybe only about 75%. Hasn't affected my golf swing too much so I'm not to worried about it just yet. 

Sub 70 949 D 9* HZRUDS 60G 6.5 smoke RDX shaft. 

Sub 70 949X 4 wood ALDILA ABV 65-S shaft

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-AW 

Sub 70 3 utility 19*

Callaway 56 and 58 wedge. 

OG White Hot #1 putter

18 minutes ago, JFish350 said:

My most current injury comes from the gym about 4 weeks ago, just before the superbowl. I go to a crossfit type gym class, we were doing a relay where you're in a plank, get up and grab a medicine ball, run to a  tic tac toe board and place the ball. Well when I was getting up from the plank, my left pointer finger slide out and bent sideways. I thought I dislocated it at first but I am pretty sure its just some torn ligaments. I still can't fully bend it maybe only about 75%. Hasn't affected my golf swing too much so I'm not to worried about it just yet. 

When my wife was a kid, she flipped her older sister off; sister grabbed her finger and bent it.  She still doesn't get the real effect when using it.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Not an injury, just sick. Called off today for the first time in about 4 years. Connor had/has a cold or flu or something and has given it to the Minister and I...feel like hammered 💩.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, never thought I would join a injury forum lol but here goes. I just got my MRI found out I have 2 bulge discs on my L5, L4 and S1, L5 with severe compression on my right side. The compression is pinching my right sciatic nerve leaving my right leg in tremendous pain. It’s been going on for over a month now. I have to stay home from work cause I can’t stand or sit without severe pain. I can’t sleep at night. If I do it’s only for a short period follow by pain that keeps me up. I have to lay on my stomach to eat comfortably. I’m only 29 years old, I workout and I’m pretty active on the regular but with this condition I feel like a bird that lost its wings lol. I am frustrated and feeling defeated but do know that I’ll get better with time and the correct treatment.  I thought maybe sharing this will help me cope with what I’m going through. Thanks for reading and wish everyone else luck on their recovery. 

40 minutes ago, Roccao said:

Hi, never thought I would join a injury forum lol but here goes. I just got my MRI found out I have 2 bulge discs on my L5, L4 and S1, L5 with severe compression on my right side. The compression is pinching my right sciatic nerve leaving my right leg in tremendous pain. It’s been going on for over a month now. I have to stay home from work cause I can’t stand or sit without severe pain. I can’t sleep at night. If I do it’s only for a short period follow by pain that keeps me up. I have to lay on my stomach to eat comfortably. I’m only 29 years old, I workout and I’m pretty active on the regular but with this condition I feel like a bird that lost its wings lol. I am frustrated and feeling defeated but do know that I’ll get better with time and the correct treatment.  I thought maybe sharing this will help me cope with what I’m going through. Thanks for reading and wish everyone else luck on their recovery. 

Sad to hear and only 29!  Wow!  My wife struggled for many years before her L5-S1 fusion 14 years ago.  She still has some pain, but it hasn't kept her off the golf course!!  Believe me when I say that it gets worse the older you get, so take it easy on your recovery and look for a long-term plan for exercise that minimizes future injury.

19 hours ago, Roccao said:

Sorry for your pain, just know there is relief. Also have bulging L4 L5, just not as bad as yours by the sounds of it. I did have to close a business as I can't be on ladder more than 10 min without being laid up for 3 days. Lots of stretching and chiropractic work keeps me golfing and in the gym. My chiro appts are down to once every 6-8 weeks now which is better than the 3 times a week I started at. I do need to be very careful with certain lifts and much lighter than I like to do, but I can still move on the daily and do the things I like and want. 

be vigilant in your PT which I am thinking you will be doing or should be doing. Look into yoga & pilates. Ibuprofen  will be your friend, I was taking 4 200mg 3 times a day for a long time. Aleve & Advil didn't work for me. Stretch your hamstrings, Look into Hyperbolic stretching as well. Not only did it help my back, but it also helps the hip flexors and turn with the driver.

Good luck, Hoping for a quick recovery for you.  

Sub 70 949 D 9* HZRUDS 60G 6.5 smoke RDX shaft. 

Sub 70 949X 4 wood ALDILA ABV 65-S shaft

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-AW 

Sub 70 3 utility 19*

Callaway 56 and 58 wedge. 

OG White Hot #1 putter

Roccao- Sorry to hear this.  I have been exactly where you are except with 3 torn discs, s1-l5,l5-l4, l4-l3.  It’s a long road, but you’ll be back to golf.  The nagging thing that hangs around for me is loading on the right hip.  Some days it’s fine and some days it’s not nice, but it will force you to swing smooth if you’re not.  You will think I’m nuts, but I sometimes go to the range to get relief.  Swinging fairway or driver seems to work best.  Eventually you’ll get to working a lot on your core and it slowly helps, but the most helpful and painful thing for me is stretching the right hamstring.  Keeping the flexibility I think is key.  My back went when I was 49 (205 lbs) and today I’m 59 (175 lbs).  I still golf, backpack, and kayak.  Did give up tennis.  In a way, the bad back has forced me to be healthier, so in a funny way I’m thankful. The best thing I ever heard was “motion is lotion”.  Right now the motion is going to be brutal for you, but I promise that motion eventually does become lotion.  It even applies to my golf as I’m 4 strokes better when I walk instead of riding.

TSi2 Driver, Titleist TSi2 4 Wood, Ping G410 3 Hybrid, Ping G400 4 Hybrid, Maltby TS1 5-GW, Maltby Max Milled 54, Maltby Max Milled 58, Piretti Forza.

Some folks say golf messes up a nice walk.  That’s not true, golf makes a nice walk bearable.

Trail hip injury is back. Been on and off for 8 years as I have an impingement. This time I overdid things and now my quad and groin are strained. Time to rest up and focus on or exercises. Likely no to little swing work as well for a few weeks. 

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

• 2 weeks later...

Tweaked my back yesterday doing some yard work. Not sure how but I could barely move in bed last night.

still rough today. Got a little stretching in and was actually able to swing but bending over is….difficult. Icing now hopefully not a long term issue. Got a chiropractor appointment Thursday and he does “dry needling” hopefully will do the trick with some more ice.

Not the ideal time for this, wish me luck!

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

1 minute ago, Lacassem said:

Tweaked my back yesterday doing some yard work. Not sure how but I could barely move in bed last night.

still rough today. Got a little stretching in and was actually able to swing but bending over is….difficult. Icing now hopefully not a long term issue. Got a chiropractor appointment Thursday and he does “dry needling” hopefully will do the trick with some more ice.

Easy does it Mark...hope you're back up and moving soon.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P, follow along!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

12 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Good luck Grasshopper.  I have to look up “dry needling”. 
I did 1/2 of the back yesterday and the front this morning with remainder probably Wednesday.  I have to break it into 3rds to keep my knees from blowing up.

Rick

Left Hand, 

19 minutes ago, bens197 said:

Easy does it Mark...hope you're back up and moving soon.

Should be quick. I never took Tylenol back in the day but have learned I should sometimes lol. 

5 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Good luck Grasshopper.  I have to look up “dry needling”. 
I did 1/2 of the back yesterday and the front this morning with remainder probably Wednesday.  I have to break it into 3rds to keep my knees from blowing up.

I didn’t know what it was until a month or so ago. I enjoy going tot he chiropractor here and there just for a crack. It’s basically targeted acupuncture and loosens the muscles up. It’s fantastic. Going to need it this week

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

45 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Take it easy Mark, I hate to hear you tweaked your back. Hopefully the ice and trip to the chiropractor will have you pain free in no time. 

5 hours ago, Lacassem said:

Well, aren't we a pair!!  I wish I had a reason why my back is "tweaked" but I just woke up that way one day, and that was two weeks ago!!  

It doesn't really hurt when I walk, sit around, play golf (except when I make a swing that is out of sequence).  However, getting out of bed and getting up from doing exercises is excruciating when the muscles in my low back on my right side spasm.  I thought I was too old to have that many muscles!  😂

16 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Well, aren't we a pair!!  I wish I had a reason why my back is "tweaked" but I just woke up that way one day, and that was two weeks ago!!  

It doesn't really hurt when I walk, sit around, play golf (except when I make a swing that is out of sequence).  However, getting out of bed and getting up from doing exercises is excruciating when the muscles in my low back on my right side spasm.  I thought I was too old to have that many muscles!  😂

Right now it’s just bending over and sitting for long periods (car sucked today) but moving feels fine. Ice has really helped. 
you have an excuse being a little older than me…..I don’t even have a good story 🤦‍♂️

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

11 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Right now it’s just bending over and sitting for long periods (car sucked today) but moving feels fine. Ice has really helped. 
you have an excuse being a little older than me…..I don’t even have a good story 🤦‍♂️

Welcome to the first dimension of old 🙂

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P, follow along!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

25 minutes ago, bens197 said:

Welcome to the first dimension of old 🙂

Nobody to blame but me….treated my body rough for a long time lol

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

2 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Nobody to blame but me….treated my body rough for a long time lol

I think we all do or at least most of us.

Rick

Left Hand, 

8 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Welcome to the club!!

IMG_2315.JPG.e04d5fda85c5dce5afc52c04c0f258ea.JPG

I need that patch!!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Visit with Orthopedic Doc this afternoon and have a June 2nd date for right knee replacement.

After that’s done we’ll setup left knee date with a grand finale of left elbow probably early next year.  
Yea!!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

20 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Visit with Orthopedic Doc this afternoon and have a June 2nd date for right knee replacement.

After that’s done we’ll setup left knee date with a grand finale of left elbow probably early next year.  
Yea!!!

9 hours ago, Rickp said:

Yea!!!

That’ll be good. From what I have heard knee replacements is a fairly smooth process compared to 20 years ago. 

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

Back is much better. Did some work on my lower back and instant relief at the chiropractor. Glad I have a regular person to go to. Little stretching and heat be good as new, hopefully.

Check out my reviews:

WITB: