GolfSpy STUDque

Injury Thread

Our Sponsors

7 hours ago, MattF said:

Not me but my wife. She was trying to gracefully exit the pool and pretty much fell off the ladder...broke her right little toe.

UPDATE: She also broke her fibula. She's now sporting a walking brace and crutches. She'll be seeing an orthopaedic surgeon some time this week.

UPDATE: She also broke her fibula. She's now sporting a walking brace and crutches. She'll be seeing an orthopaedic surgeon some time this week.

I can’t “like” this. That’s terrible, hope she gets treatment soon. Tell her we’re all pulling for her speedy recovery.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, MattF said:

Good thing it wasn't the fibula also or it would be a real cast.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, tommc23 said:

Good thing it wasn't the fibula also or it would be a real cast.

I'm guessing you mean tibia mate, but yeah. Looks like her pool season is over and I'll be working on making a set of stairs and a small platform for the pool.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, MattF said:

I'm guessing you mean tibia mate, but yeah. Looks like her pool season is over and I'll be working on making a set of stairs and a small platform for the pool.

Glad you knew what I meant lol

• Like 1

Hey Guys Ive been looking for a place to ask this question and I think I finally found it.. Has anyone had any experience with Pirformis Syndrome? Been having this pain in the ass since October. I think it started after hitting 200 golf balls when I was testing the Wilson D7 irons I was lucky(unlucky 🙂 ) enough to win here. Ive never had any back or any other major injuries and for that Im grateful. But this persistent pain in my right cheek has me stumped. When I stop doing my treadmill and other excercises it calms down but once I start slowly walking on treadmill it occurs again. Been surfing youtube and been trying specific excercises for that area and have gone to massage therapy but still no luck.. Any help would be appreciated!

4 hours ago, Steve2100 said:

Hey Guys Ive been looking for a place to ask this question and I think I finally found it.. Has anyone had any experience with Pirformis Syndrome? Been having this pain in the ass since October. I think it started after hitting 200 golf balls when I was testing the Wilson D7 irons I was lucky(unlucky 🙂 ) enough to win here. Ive never had any back or any other major injuries and for that Im grateful. But this persistent pain in my right cheek has me stumped. When I stop doing my treadmill and other excercises it calms down but once I start slowly walking on treadmill it occurs again. Been surfing youtube and been trying specific excercises for that area and have gone to massage therapy but still no luck.. Any help would be appreciated!

I had to Google what it was. Honestly, your local GP is your best first stop. You may also consider consulting a chiropractor.

• Like 1

Never been to chiropractor, never had a back issue. Will look into that thanks!

• Like 2

No, did not stop my interest in Golf or this forum. Rather my body decided not to want to play

I was forced to stop golf 8 hours after my last 18. For reasons still neither fully explained or understood, my body decided to go from a slightly higher blood pressure to a very low one.  Not related in any way to Covid16.

As a result, balance was not possible and for over a 4 week period I cold not stand without getting very dizzy, even moving my lower body was quite the challenge. 

A combination of re-doing my medications from before to now have me well on the way. Therapy 3x a week, combibnations with  new drugs and my own stubbornness have me standing, no dizziness, ability to work on some mild golf related exercises. As compared to a week earlier, I am a new person.  

All medical indications, including my cardiologist, are pointing to a more than possible return to golfing by Labor Day. No promises just doable.

I won't give weekly updates, but, thanks for understanding!

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, DrMJG said:

No, did not stop my interest in Golf or this forum. Rather my body decided not to want to play

I was forced to stop golf 8 hours after my last 18. For reasons still neither fully explained or understood, my body decided to go from a slightly higher blood pressure to a very low one.  Not related in any way to Covid16.

As a result, balance was not possible and for over a 4 week period I cold not stand without getting very dizzy, even moving my lower body was quite the challenge. 

A combination of re-doing my medications from before to now have me well on the way. Therapy 3x a week, combibnations with  new drugs and my own stubbornness have me standing, no dizziness, ability to work on some mild golf related exercises. As compared to a week earlier, I am a new person.  

All medical indications, including my cardiologist, are pointing to a more than possible return to golfing by Labor Day. No promises just doable.

Sounds like you have been through more than a rough patch.  Hope they figure it out and get you back on the course. 

1 hour ago, DrMJG said:

I'm definitely sorry to hear about the ordeal you've been going through, but it sounds like you're back on the right track. I hope you get better soon and can be out enjoying golf before too long. 

Sorry to hear about your issue. Hope you get it resolved quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

13 hours ago, DrMJG said:

I've been wondering what happened to you.  I thought it had something to do with the 100º heat.

Sorry to hear about that; take it easy.  We will be waiting to hear about your return when you are ready.

• Like 1

I’m still nursing my stupid right wrist. Keeping it braced as much as I can, soaking it in hot water every day, trying not to use it. The tendon sheath has to grow back before I can move forward and start pt.

On the plus side I’m getting pretty good at swinging with just my lead left, and have improved my understanding of the swing in the process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1