Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Our Sponsors

6 hours ago, bens197 said:

I learned last week that I have an L4/L5 Herniation. Last month I was playing as a guest of my brother-in-law when I collapsed in the first fairway. 
 

Fortunately, I have only missed one shift at work. I am however concerned about living with this. It changes things and I’ll have to make some adjustments. 

Ouch with our profession back problems are inevitable with carrying people and air packs. Good luck with it and take care of yourself.

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's what I have to say to that.     I know alcohol certainly helps ease the pain for any physical issues.       Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

I am so over this place.  Just fell down my steps heading to work, turned into a pretzel mid air somehow my left foot hit the railing and I am 90% I broke something.  Not to mention twisting up my bac

My latest addition. All I need is a couple of bolts and I could change my name.  

Posted Images

Just now, tommc23 said:

Ouch with our profession back problems are inevitable with carrying people and air packs. Good luck with it and take care of yourself.

Thanks man. Hope so. 

  • Like 1
  • PING G400 LST 8.5 Evenflow Black 65g 6.5
  • PING G 3W HZRDUS Yellow 75g 6.0
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Ben Hogan PTx Combo Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Maltby TSW 52, 58 Nippon Modus Wedge
  • Bettinardi BB8 Wide
  • Oncore Elixr

 

Rochester, NY

5.6 Index

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, bens197 said:

 

Matt that stinks, I’m sorry to hear that.  

Despite this being an incredibly new diagnosis, everyone I’ve spoken to who either has a similar issue or knows someone has said to avoid surgery at all costs. 
 

I hope it can find itself a new normal so I can get back to swinging next season and hopefully not affect work. 

An adventure filled youth contributed to mine. I will say that my daily inversion table routine and monthly chiropractor visits do help and I'm planning on getting a CBD stick for the really rough days.

  • Like 2

In the bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: M5 Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Fairway: Sub 70 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :755178188_TourEdge: CBX 119 19° hybrid Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8


God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MattF said:

An adventure filled youth contributed to mine. I will say that my daily inversion table routine and monthly chiropractor visits do help and I'm planning on getting a CBD stick for the really rough days.

I hope it’s working for you. I wasn’t too much of a crash and bang but I played competitive hockey as a goaltender until age 26 and have been a professional firefighter since 2008. I like to think this is a kind reminder to make some healthy changes.  

  • Like 6
  • PING G400 LST 8.5 Evenflow Black 65g 6.5
  • PING G 3W HZRDUS Yellow 75g 6.0
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Ben Hogan PTx Combo Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Maltby TSW 52, 58 Nippon Modus Wedge
  • Bettinardi BB8 Wide
  • Oncore Elixr

 

Rochester, NY

5.6 Index

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, bens197 said:

I hope it’s working for you. I wasn’t too much of a crash and bang but I played competitive hockey as a goaltender until age 26 and have been a professional firefighter since 2008. I like to think this is a kind reminder to make some healthy changes.  

It is to some extent, but getting older and getting arthritis doesn't help the cause. All we can do is pain management and keep on keeping on. Hope you get some relief soon.

  • Like 2

In the bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: M5 Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Fairway: Sub 70 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :755178188_TourEdge: CBX 119 19° hybrid Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8


God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/9/2020 at 3:26 AM, MattF said:

I've had my legs go because of degenerative disc disease in my L1/S5. Hopefully you can heal up/get treatment without surgery.

 

On 9/9/2020 at 3:55 AM, bens197 said:

 

Matt that stinks, I’m sorry to hear that.  

Despite this being an incredibly new diagnosis, everyone I’ve spoken to who either has a similar issue or knows someone has said to avoid surgery at all costs. 
 

I hope it can find itself a new normal so I can get back to swinging next season and hopefully not affect work. 

I had an MRI about 15 years ago and was diagnosed with DDD, so it's not a very new diagnosis.  I think it's an alternate term for old age.  🤣  I took hydrocodone for several years, but with a swing change I have managed to eliminate that med.  Now I just take 2 naproxen on days I play 18 holes.

  • Like 4

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kenny B said:

 

I had an MRI about 15 years ago and was diagnosed with DDD, so it's not a very new diagnosis.  I think it's an alternate term for old age.  🤣  I took hydrocodone for several years, but with a swing change I have managed to eliminate that med.  Now I just take 2 naproxen on days I play 18 holes.

New for me 🥳

Today was PT appt 2 and I have some good progress as well as a better understanding of what’s happening. Now it’s as many have, time to learn to swing. 

  • Like 3
  • PING G400 LST 8.5 Evenflow Black 65g 6.5
  • PING G 3W HZRDUS Yellow 75g 6.0
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Ben Hogan PTx Combo Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Maltby TSW 52, 58 Nippon Modus Wedge
  • Bettinardi BB8 Wide
  • Oncore Elixr

 

Rochester, NY

5.6 Index

Link to post
Share on other sites

Tweaked my lower back yesterday doing light squats and didnt think it was that bad. Today started getting really bad back spasms. Toradol is a helluva drug. That plus a muscle relaxer and things are feeling good

  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 10/6/2020
Driver:taylormade-small:SIM Max 10.5 - Fujikura Ventus Red 5S Velocore (the real one)
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:callaway-small:Mavrik Max 5 - AW - Nippon Neo 950GH S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge flex
Putter:  LAB Golf Directed Force 2.1

Current Putter Collection: LAB Golf DIrected Force 1, :cleveland-small: HB Soft Premier #11, :cameron-small: La Costa 1st 500, :scotty-small: Squareback 1 (2008)
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Finally back doing the golf thing. Without going into a lot of detail, I lost strength in the legs for almost any activity, including standing and balance. After impressive work done by my primary care physician. cardiologist, and great physical therapists, all is in order for doing "golf activities".  

First re-pairs were adding a stent to a locked artery and doing a LOT of physical therapy.  THEN it was decided to put a Watchman in me and all has been cleared in terms of activity.

 So far I can chip and putt and lightly swing my Orange Whip®.  So I did a little of each.  Results were "OK" for now. All showed severe rust; but, I expected that.

Great to be back!

  • Like 4

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 Super Bowl Champions Bag  :  :ping: G410 Plus, Alta Red CB 55 SR Flex, GX-7 14º(acting as a 3 wood),  :ping:   G400 4H, 5H. Sr Flex,   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges graphite SR Shafts (50º, 56º, 60º),  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g :bridgestone: e12 for the items I try to hit on purposematte red, so I can see them. :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DrMJG said:

Finally back doing the golf thing. Without going into a lot of detail, I lost strength in the legs for almost any activity, including standing and balance. After impressive work done by my primary care physician. cardiologist, and great physical therapists, all is in order for doing "golf activities".  

First re-pairs were adding a stent to a locked artery and doing a LOT of physical therapy.  THEN it was decided to put a Watchman in me and all has been cleared in terms of activity.

 So far I can chip and putt and lightly swing my Orange Whip®.  So I did a little of each.  Results were "OK" for now. All showed severe rust; but, I expected that.

Great to be back!

Welcome back;  glad you are on the road to recovery!

  • Like 1

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

 

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Feel like i spend more time in this thread than i should. Current injury is some sort of strain to the intercostal muscles on my right side. Depending on the position, feels like someone punched me in the ribs.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 10/6/2020
Driver:taylormade-small:SIM Max 10.5 - Fujikura Ventus Red 5S Velocore (the real one)
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:callaway-small:Mavrik Max 5 - AW - Nippon Neo 950GH S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge flex
Putter:  LAB Golf Directed Force 2.1

Current Putter Collection: LAB Golf DIrected Force 1, :cleveland-small: HB Soft Premier #11, :cameron-small: La Costa 1st 500, :scotty-small: Squareback 1 (2008)
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DrMJG said:

Finally back doing the golf thing. Without going into a lot of detail, I lost strength in the legs for almost any activity, including standing and balance. After impressive work done by my primary care physician. cardiologist, and great physical therapists, all is in order for doing "golf activities".  

First re-pairs were adding a stent to a locked artery and doing a LOT of physical therapy.  THEN it was decided to put a Watchman in me and all has been cleared in terms of activity.

 So far I can chip and putt and lightly swing my Orange Whip®.  So I did a little of each.  Results were "OK" for now. All showed severe rust; but, I expected that.

Great to be back!

Glad to see you are back!!  Don't overdo it too soon.  You've got nice weather for many months coming up.

My BIL moved to Surprise a few years ago from here, and he is doing well with 8 stents and pacemaker/defibrillator; plays a lot of golf.

  • Like 2

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dlow206 said:

Feel like i spend more time in this thread than i should. Current injury is some sort of strain to the intercostal muscles on my right side. Depending on the position, feels like someone punched me in the ribs.

KT Tape... works wonders!!!  Kenny B tested... Kenny B approved.

  • Like 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...