Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

Injury Thread

STUDque

17 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I appreciate it! Hopefully they have some more information for me so I can make the best decision possible. 

Jason, they should give you all of the information you require to make a "right for you" and your expectations / needs to make the best decision possible.

Have a friend who went through foot issues on both feet and had surgery on both within a 2-month timeframe, and he was provided all of the "best case" and "worse case" scenarios before he made the decisions.

His recovery period for both surgeries was about 6 - 8 weeks each time, and your job should also have some provisions for your expected recuperation as well. Both with time off if needed, and possibly a "medical leave" with some sort of pay.

Best of luck going forward, but I am confident that you will make the right choice for yourself.

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

5 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

I'm definitely going to push for surgery, I want back on the course asap. It's been driving me crazy. It's funny, I can deal with the pain but it's the lack of golf that finally motivated me to see a doctor. 

Thanks for bringing that up, Tom. I hadn't thought about insoles so I'm glad you did. I know from looking over the chart in also going to need something with some good arch support to go with it. 

Sketchers are great.  When younger a number of years ago I did quite a bit of running and developed foot/heel pain.  At first they diagnosed a bone spur but then factored in some other symptoms and diagnosed planters faciatis.  It took quite awhile to get better.  Then a few years ago I became addicted (at expense of golf) to pickle ball and got to a pretty high competitive level and had another bout that put me down for  10 months.  I did get some inserts - I don’t off hand remember the brand but some stores will fit you based on your gait and type of pronation/supination. (After tearing up my knee I quit pb and shifted to golf).

:callaway-small: Driver: Fusion, 9 deg, UST Recoil 450 ES F3/2

:ping-small: 430 MAX 4w (5w head delofted 1* with 3w shaft), 7w, 5h w/ Alta CB Soft Regular shaft

:mizuno-small: JPX923 HM 6i - GW w/ UST Recoil 460 ESX F3

:cleveland-small: RTX6 52* and 56* with Recoil 760 ESX F2 

:odyssey-small: Versa DB DoubleWide 

:srixon-small:: Z-Star Tour

6 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

In sitting in the parking lot at the podiatrist and out of sheer curiosity, decided to look online at the chart from my doctor visit. I was told from the general practitioner that I had a bone spur and I see that bad boy. 

Screenshot_20231106_135008_AdblockBrowser.jpg.b23c92783c73f48811f8ab7541d6d631.jpg

Wow Jason - hate to see this but sounds like you are going to have a good plan soon to fix this! Good luck!

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge/Testing Bag (Link Here)

Driver: image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Paradym with Ventus TR Blue 60 Stiff

Fairways:  image.png.c4f821ba6925e5e146c31600685bf103.png Aerojet Max 3W & 7W with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 Stiff

Hybrid:  image.png.c21137d282a252fb544e47aceb520176.png King TEC 5H with KBS PGI 95 Stiff

Irons:  image.png.6621a18e06b1717c1f774c4a561fd7d8.png Forged TEC 5-GW with KBS Tour Lite Stiff

Wedges:  image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Jaws Raw Plasma 54 & 58

Putter:  image.png.c8e6824d2c38fa85d20ca21913fbb2b1.pngPhantom X 5.5

Ball: 2023 Maxfli Tour

Other Reviews:

Callaway Paradym

In sitting in the parking lot at the podiatrist and out of sheer curiosity, decided to look online at the chart from my doctor visit. I was told from the general practitioner that I had a bone spur and I see that bad boy. 
Screenshot_20231106_135008_AdblockBrowser.jpg.b23c92783c73f48811f8ab7541d6d631.jpg

I’ve been lucky with feet issues however my wife dealt with plantar fasciitis and the pain is real. Foot issues ain’t no joke. I hope all goes well for ya buddy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

• 2 months later...

Have been having issues with really bad knots in my rhomboids. Have been going to Chiro to try to help adjust and make sure muscles aren’t overcompensating. I carry my stress in my shoulders along with 20+ years of being a linebacker… so it is catching up with me. My aggressive golf swing is not helping either.

Well today, I did some acupuncture and Cupping. I must say, I felt some pretty significant release afterwards. It is not a cure all as it will take a few more trips, but well worth it to stay in the game. You can see the big bruise where my current bad knot is. 

IMG_7456.jpeg

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14

Started having weird pain in the wrist when rotating my arm. Cracks and pops each time. Doctor Google agrees that it's a TFCC tear. Most likely minor or partial.

Did some reading and picked up a wrist widget which has been helping with the day to day while I'm resting up from the gym and the sim.

I've had more injuries from golf than anything else active that I've done.

Hopefully it gets better else I'll have to explore the surgical option. The joys of aging, ey?

B

Odyssey XG #9

Cleveland CG15 wedges 54/58

Takomo 101 irons PW-4

Rescue hybrid 3 

M6 3W & Driver

Bridgestone e12 

• 3 weeks later...

Somehow pulled a chest muscle at FedEx and it hurts to do almost everything right now.

Sleep is painful as well. No sim tomorrow which I was really looking forward to.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Hurt my back on Thursday putting a server back in the box.. it was fine, until it wasn't Sunday i had to quit golf round because I couldn't swing or walk.
Its feeling a little better now.. but afraid to swing a club right now, and reaggravated again.. maybe another week before I will touch a club.

Damn High Mileage!! 

Driver:   TaylorMade Qi10 MAX - 8.5 with Fujikura Speeder NX TCS 50  (secondary shaft HRDZ Black 6.0 Stiff)
3 -Wood:  Sub70 949x 3 Wood 15 with Hrdz RDX Black Stiff
5-Wood:  Sub70 949x 5 Wood with Hrdz RDX Black stiff
4-Hybrid: Sub70 949x 4 Hybrid with Project X 5.5 Hybrid Stiff
Irons: Mizuno Pro 225 - 6-PW , w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff
Wedges: Sub70 TAIII w/Nippon Modus 105 Stiff - 50 ,56, 60
Putter: L.A.B Mezz1, 34 in
Balls: MaxFli Tour X, TaylorMade Tour Response, TaylorMade TPx 
GPS:   Shot Scope X5 with Tracking

TESTED: SUB70 949X 5 Wood
TESTED: NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff.
TESTED: SkyCaddie LX5 GPS Watch
TESTED: Bag Boy ZFT Bag

49 minutes ago, MrBandit said:

Hurt my back on Thursday putting a server back in the box.. it was fine, until it wasn't Sunday i had to quit golf round because I couldn't swing or walk.
Its feeling a little better now.. but afraid to swing a club right now, and reaggravated again.. maybe another week before I will touch a club.

Damn High Mileage!! 

It's probably for the best if you take it easy. I know it sucks, but back injuries have a way of sneaking back up to you if you aren't careful. I hope you're feeling better soon!

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve been dealing with a left SI joint issue in addition to my l4/l5 spondylolithesis and stenosis.  Have been keeping the later in check for the most part through exercise, stretching and some yoga moves.  The SI started creeping in last summer with minor discomfort while playing.  Gradually got worse. 

I started winter workouts before Christmas and it really flared up.  Then I sched a visit to my ortho for this month that had to be delayed until end of March.  Took 3 weeks off from any exercise to see if rest would improve it and visited the Chiro a few times. Started working out again and immediately flared up.  So I decided to just restart the workouts and deal with it.  Much of my workout focuses on core so hoped strengthening would help.

I probably did 5-6 range sessions in January and a few more the first week of Feb.  While some discomfort, most is afterwards and doesn't impair the swing, until the last few days.

Sat did a routine range session and was doing fine (physically) with irons and woods with about 80 shots.  Took out driver, which I tend to not transition as good as I should - second or third shot, very sharp flair in the SI and could barely stand.  Got composed, tried 2 more with similar pain.  Then hit about 20 normal drives with no disruption of swing.

Went to range yesterday - irons and woods normal.  Took out driver and again sharp pain in left SI and fell down on my right knee. Did a couple more and couldn’t fully complete the swing.  Started to subside and hit a few more, each one better, but not good and finally quit.  Ughhhhh. 

:callaway-small: Driver: Fusion, 9 deg, UST Recoil 450 ES F3/2

:ping-small: 430 MAX 4w (5w head delofted 1* with 3w shaft), 7w, 5h w/ Alta CB Soft Regular shaft

:mizuno-small: JPX923 HM 6i - GW w/ UST Recoil 460 ESX F3

:cleveland-small: RTX6 52* and 56* with Recoil 760 ESX F2 

:odyssey-small: Versa DB DoubleWide 

:srixon-small:: Z-Star Tour