TESTERS WANTED! ×

Bridgestone's New Tour B Series Golf Balls Now Available

We've talked about these a bit (and we have an opportunity for 5 of you to test these babies), but the new Bridgestone Balls are now available at retail.

Early experience with these has been pretty positive (I did show my career low of 73 with the Tour B X!), but here's the official story from Bridgestone...good reading and some interesting things to think about...

Bridgestone Golf's TOUR B Golf Balls Exemplify Importance of Fitting, Now Available Nationwide

(COVINGTON, GA) – Bridgestone Golf – innovator of premium golf balls, clubs and accessories – announces its new TOUR B golf balls are now available nationwide and the company has made it easier than ever for players of all skill levels to go through a fitting in order to find the model that best suits their games.

The TOUR B Series represents Bridgestone's commitment to creating golf balls that benefit a wide variety of golfers, unlike competitors who engineer and market products catering solely to PGA Tour players. Using data from more than 3 million in-person and online ball fittings, combined with insights from leading third-party industry sources, Bridgestone identified the needs of specific player types and drew on more than 1,000 golf ball patents to determine which of its proprietary technologies would most benefit each.

The new series includes four models – TOUR B X, XS, RX and RXS (each $44.99) – which provide unmatched feel, accuracy and distance. In order to help customers find the perfect ball for their games, a fitting guide is printed on packaging or Bridgestone offers two quick, easy and comprehensive fitting options:

BFIT Golf Ball Fitting App – Free to download, the app turns iPhones into a mobile launch monitor by utilizing the camera to analyze the user's swing and recommend the best Bridgestone ball for their game.

New Online Fitting Tool – Available at www.bridgestonegolf.com, it accommodates the full spectrum of players. The “Quick Fit” option easily determines the best ball for novices, while the in-depth “I Know My Game” offers detailed set of questions to aid experienced golfers in finding the perfect fit. Finally, the “I've Been Measured” path allows users to input launch monitor data, ensuring the most accurate recommendation possible.

“Other golf ball manufacturers are pushing products developed for PGA Tour caliber golfers on the general golfing public. The reality is amateurs are hurting their performance by using a ‘Tour-level' golf ball,” says Adam Rehberg, Bridgestone Golf Ball Fitting. “Our goal is to help people find the ball that is right for them. This is why we offer the widest variety of options, with each ball specifically tailored for certain player types.”

The aforementioned data mining and third-party validation not only led to the creation of the TOUR B series, but helped Bridgestone better position its entire golf ball portfolio. The e6 SPEED and e6 SOFT help mid-handicap players hit more fairways thanks to lower side spin from a more forgiving gradational compression core. The Extra Soft and Lady are for mid-to-high handicap players and provide best-in-class distance and accuracy as a result of increased ball speed and lower side spin.

TOUR B balls offers options for low handicappers, in the X and XS, while the RX and RXS are for low-mid handicap players. The X and XS provide more spin and greenside control than their predecessor due to softer urethane cover formulation, while increased distance comes from enhanced aerodynamics and improved 330 Dual Dimple design. The RX and RXS deliver explosive distance and optimized trajectory thanks to high repulsion construction and new 338 modified Dual Dimple design.

Each new TOUR B Series golf ball features the proven characteristics that have made Bridgestone Golf among the most respected names in the industry. The benefits of these features include:

Accuracy – Gradational core provides optimal energy transfer to create low side-spin and high ball velocity for incredible distance and accuracy gains

Consistency – Seamless cover design utilizes injection molding technology to stabilize ball flight on all shots

Distance – Aerodynamically superior dimple profiles provide different player types with vastly enhanced length and control

Feel – SlipRes cover technology increases friction by creating more stability between the ball and club for enhanced control with irons and wedges

About Bridgestone Golf

Bridgestone Golf USA is based in Covington, GA and manufactures premium golf balls, clubs and accessories under Bridgestone and Precept brands. The company started making golf balls in 1935 and, as the world's largest tire manufacturer, leverages its 900 rubber polymer science engineers worldwide to produce high-performing products. Customer swing and related data, captured through its popular, nationwide ball-fitting program, advises continuous advancement of ball technology. Bridgestone Golf USA is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bridgestone Sports Co. Ltd., headquartered in Tokyo.

More information: bridgestonegolf.com.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Ill actually be putting the X and RX in play this afternoon. Anxious to ses how they perform for me.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Rotated the B X and Srixon Z Star yesterday.    The B X didnh't really do much for me, probably not the ball in the line I should be playing.  I'll try the RX next.   Z Star as usual was very solid and did what I expected. 

Rotated the B X and Srixon Z Star yesterday.    The B X didnh't really do much for me, probably not the ball in the line I should be playing.  I'll try the RX next.   Z Star as usual was very solid and did what I expected. 

Just got something new in the mail from Bridgestone yesterday -- not sure how I feel about them yet, but you'll  know in about a month...

What's in the bag:

Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Love it!  Will probably drop the coin to get a sleeve or two, really enjoyed the sample set that BARBAJO sent- and this time  I will pay attention to which version and how they feel and the results!

What's in the bag?

Driver :callaway-small: Callaway Mavrik 105 set to 9.5, square, Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 60G Stiff shaft
#3 Wood  :callaway-small: Callaway FT Tour 13 degree neutral setup, Fuijkara 370 Stiff Shaft
Hybrid  :cobra-small:  18 Degree King Cobra Baffler pro, Baffler Stiff shaft
4-PW :titelist-small: Titlest 714 AP2, Standard loft and lie, MGS S Shafts
:benhogan-small: 53, 57 degree loft Hogan Equalizer wedges
1962  :wilson_staff_small: Wilson "Sandy Andy" sand wedge with HUGE bounce!
Putter MLA Pro Classic
:titelist-small: Titlist ProV 1, ProV 1x

Currently Gaming "Costco Kirkland Signature Tour Performance" balls

I got one swing in with the B-RXS. Topped the ball by hitting a sweet 12-6 curveball right into the fescue lining the water. Every bit of the swing felt great (including the contact) but I was totally surprised to see the crazy flight I produced.

I feel bad I wasn't able to test that one but I'm not sure it's for my swing profile anyway.

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Just got something new in the mail from Bridgestone yesterday -- not sure how I feel about them yet, but you'll  know in about a month...

HMMH...Our rep just left here about an hour ago, he didn't seem to drop any hints  along this line  :(   And I thought we were tight :wub:  unless it began with an S and ended in T(no not what most are thining..ha)

HMMH...Our rep just left here about an hour ago, he didn't seem to drop any hints  along this line  :(   And I thought we were tight :wub:  unless it began with an S and ended in T(no not what most are thining..ha)

Oh, we're tight my brother!  Let me ask you, can you keep a secret?

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I played the XS for 9 holes. Lots of spinning felt soft off the driver.

16/17 B330S went down the fairways further.

Will await next year to play the 18 B XS

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

Oh, we're tight my brother!  Let me ask you, can you keep a secret?

Lol. I know we're good. That's why I didn't push you to reveal . But since you asked, sure I can keep a secret. I'll be waiting for that little red number on my mailbox

I was saying I thought I was tight with the rep as well and he didn't say a word.

• 3 weeks later...

Saw Tour B X for sale Pro Shop today, $43 dozen.

I like this ball.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

. But since you asked, sure I can keep a secret.

So can I  ;)  ;)

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

So can I  ;)  ;)

Touche!!  Well Played!