Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Fire started by member swinging golf club

Theclubfix

So I was at Strawberry Farms last week and we noticed some smoke in the distance. The smoke soon developed into a large cloud hanging over both Strawberry Farms Golf Club and also Shady Canyon Country Club....

I shot a text over to one of my friends who is a member over at Shady Canyon and he quickly wrote back that there was a fire on the course! The Crazy part was the Club had been closed for 5 months for a huge renovation. So come to find out it was opening day on a Saturday and some guy was hitting his ball out of the gung. Hit a rock and the club sparked. This little spark soon became a huge blaze.

Check out the pics below. Has to be the first time a fire has been started by a spark from a golf club....

IMG_0829.JPG

IMG_0828.JPG

THE CLUB FIX

Proud Sponsor of MyGolfSpy

www.TheClubFix.com

Offering: Whitlam Gauge Design, Miura, Kyoei Forged, Scratch, Adams, Bridgestone, Tourstage, Titleist, Callaway, Ping, Cleveland, Mizuno, Simpac, Yonex, Onoff, Srixon, Honma, Fourteen, Nike, Mitsubishi, Aldila, Accra, KB Tour, True Temper, Aerotech Steelfiber, Rifle, Project X, Graphite Design, Oban, Fierce, Grafalloy, Fujikura, just ask me I can get it ;)

My email: [email protected]

Feel free to email me any golf questions and I'll be happy to get back to you.

Forgot to mention this is the highest end CC in Orange County. It was $350,000 originally to join (obviously come down from there to $250,000 since the economy fell). Tiger practices here when he is in town.

Anyways, How would you like to be that guy. Ha-ha. They witheld his name when they covered it on the news.

THE CLUB FIX

Proud Sponsor of MyGolfSpy

www.TheClubFix.com

Offering: Whitlam Gauge Design, Miura, Kyoei Forged, Scratch, Adams, Bridgestone, Tourstage, Titleist, Callaway, Ping, Cleveland, Mizuno, Simpac, Yonex, Onoff, Srixon, Honma, Fourteen, Nike, Mitsubishi, Aldila, Accra, KB Tour, True Temper, Aerotech Steelfiber, Rifle, Project X, Graphite Design, Oban, Fierce, Grafalloy, Fujikura, just ask me I can get it ;)

My email: [email protected]

Feel free to email me any golf questions and I'll be happy to get back to you.

Archived