Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

COMBO SETS ?

Divothead

Irons are made to be tweaked and bent. Mizuno loves doing combo sets and will gladly adjust the lofts at your break point.

Assume my that's what you want I'd contact them and tell them what you're thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

If you want to replace the 4 & 5 irons of your Tour setup with Hotmetal just buy the 5 & 6 hotmetal.  You'll have two clubs stamped #6 but you know which is which and they are the same lofts with the added forgiveness.  

Or like Rev said just get them bent to your desired loft.  I guess I don't see the issue.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

If you can't stomach having two of the same iron in the bag, you might have to order some irons bent to fit the specs you want.

:wilson_staff_small:  Cortex w/MGS Motore X F1 7X tipped 1"

:wilson_staff_small: F5 17 degree hybrid w/Rogue Black 85X

:wilson_staff_small:C300 Forged 3-5 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6 5-6 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Blade 7-PW w/C-Taper 130X

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52, 56, 60 w/S400 Tour Issue

:EVNROLL: ER7

yeah but it will just look rubbish in the bag and golf is a game of confidence look good feel good and play good... well thats the plan

I get it, but I prefer looking at good scores instead of a pretty bag.

Play whatever gets you the distance and accuracy you are looking for, doesn't matter what it looks like.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

I am failing to understand why a self professed "great ball striker" lends any credence to what "they are all pushing". The belief that you can't "feel good" unless you "look good" suggests you're actually pandering to ego. I recommend you sit down and examine your true motivations for playing this game. Specifically, why would tie your own self worth to someone's perception of your abilities when it comes to something as inconsequential as potentially non-sequential numbers on the soles of your golf clubs? Based on your own words within this thread, I think self examination may be much more worthwhile than any equipment adjustments.

PXG___0811 X 9* - Mitsubishi Diamana s60 Limited X
Cobra___S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
Adams___XTD Forged 3i - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
Adams___CMB 4-PW - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
KZG___Tri-Tour 50.08__54.10__58.12 - Accra iCWT 2.0-95i S
Nike___Method Converge B1-01 (copper insert)
Maxfli___'23 Tour X
"The most important shot in golf is the next one“

That had me in stitches laughing ..you've just actually made my night.

While taking the time to compose a thoughtful reply, I assumed you might discount my advice entirely. I understand you're planning to work with a pro on mental approach during the off season and highly recommend you ask him to assess your thought processes on display within this thread.

For example, do you think your cycling abilities are adversely affected if your unitard and shoes don't match? Conversely but related, is the process of selecting your cycling outfit different if you are riding solo or with a group?

The questions above may seem asinine but merely examining the way they make you feel offers useful information. Not that it will make much difference, but I used to be a touring professional and learned the main difference between guys consistently making cuts and those going home early is grit. In the professional ranks no one would be caught dead uttering some of the things you have suggested about a confidence plan that begins with looking good. The best golfers focus on preparation, intention and acceptance.

PXG___0811 X 9* - Mitsubishi Diamana s60 Limited X
Cobra___S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
Adams___XTD Forged 3i - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
Adams___CMB 4-PW - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
KZG___Tri-Tour 50.08__54.10__58.12 - Accra iCWT 2.0-95i S
Nike___Method Converge B1-01 (copper insert)
Maxfli___'23 Tour X
"The most important shot in golf is the next one“

There's nothing wrong with wanting to look good IMO. People do different things to gain confidence, and golf is a game of confidence. Your ability to be a + handicap might lead you to think differently than someone who isn't as skilled, but to give him a psych eval over the internet is crazy. Not sure if you're trolling or what, but come on bruh.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

I use a 2 hybrid instead of a 3 wood I find it more accurate I also bag a 3 hybrid and strike them both really well.

I do prefer a 4 iron though over a 4 hybrid just because the gap to the 5 iron would be too big

I'm on the fence about it. Whenever I really start looking at hybrids, my 4i starts working like magic

Sent from my E6853 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I'm not bothering with this site again.

That's me out good bye all

Sorry to hear that you will be leaving.

I know some people are very concerned about having everything match and how their assessment is that it provides them confidence. This isn't something I understand since I am more driven by the performance each club provides rather than how it looks next to the other clubs in the bag.

You have deleted all of your content in the thread but I suggest you find a the set that works for you; if it is a combo as then great if it isn't that isn't a bad thing.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Sorry to hear that you will be leaving.

I know some people are very concerned about having everything match and how their assessment is that it provides them confidence. This isn't something I understand since I am more driven by the performance each club provides rather than how it looks next to the other clubs in the bag.

You have deleted all of your content in the thread but I suggest you find a the set that works for you; if it is a combo as then great if it isn't that isn't a bad thing.

Yeah, I was a bit confused as all the comments have been deleted.  So i can't really understand what he was looking for.

I hate to see anyone leave the site, as has been said by many of us, I feel it's the best balanced site out there, generally making everyone feel welcome and valued. Sure some opinons might seem harsh or not what we want to hear, but I respect people who tell me their honest feelings, as long as they are civil about it,.   A site full of everyone patting everyone on the back or if we all 100% agreed on all aspects of the game, equipment etc wouldn't be fun.

I think it's great how you shake your head over my iron obsession, but I don't take it personally and you don't say anything out of bounds about it, such as "You're a fricking 17 HC, I've seen your game up close for 18 holes, it doesn't matter WTF club you play, you're still gong to suck"    While, true, I might not like hearing that....ha

Anyway, hopefully Divothead finds whatever irons he's looking for and comes back and let's us know.

Sorry for the ramble...ha

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I think it's great how you shake your head over my iron obsession, but I don't take it personally and you don't say anything out of bounds about it,

I do shake my head at your iron obsession because putters are a much better obsession.

It is always interesting to hear what people consider to be important to them and how they think it helps them play better golf. I like to learn which is why I ask the questions I ask. Doesn't mean I will agree with you but like hearing the thought process you apply.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I do shake my head at your iron obsession because putters are a much better obsession.

It is always interesting to hear what people consider to be important to them and how they think it helps them play better golf. I like to learn which is why I ask the questions I ask. Doesn't mean I will agree with you but like hearing the thought process you apply.

LOL...Putter and Drivers are tied for a close second.  Actually I think MDGolfHacker could tell you there as a year, maybe 5 or 6 ago, that I went through I think close to 7 or 8 drivers that year..   

Heck, with my lack of distance, if I thought clubs designed for the ladies would help my game, I'd get them in a heartbeat.   I'm trusting my fellow spies to keep this in confidence, I actually demoed them once.

I've hit my wife's clubs.  They are in the trunk of my car; she's working; I'm at the golf course, so why not?  FYI, I'm not quite ready to go there yet.  I do hit her irons pretty well though, but they are TaylorMade Burner XD with senior shafts.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Mercy, the things you miss when you're away on business....

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Mercy, the things you miss when you're away on business....

You can't leave us kids alone for a moment  :o

Archived