TESTERS WANTED! ×

Worst club build I've ever seen!

Theclubfix

Had someone bring me a driver to fix. Haha. I almost fell off my chair.

He took his Ping driver into Golfsmith to have a pull out Oban Devotion installed and when he returned for the club this is what he got....The shaft is almost sideways into the hosel ha-ha. Then when the client asked if he could fix it the guy grabbed his sand paper and tore up the hosel lol. :blink:

I'm not one to ever bash the work of someone so I won't. Just thought it was a bit comical to say the least. Hopefully the pics come through ok. I took them with my phone.

IMG_0839.JPG

IMG_0842.JPG

THE CLUB FIX

Proud Sponsor of MyGolfSpy

www.TheClubFix.com

Offering: Whitlam Gauge Design, Miura, Kyoei Forged, Scratch, Adams, Bridgestone, Tourstage, Titleist, Callaway, Ping, Cleveland, Mizuno, Simpac, Yonex, Onoff, Srixon, Honma, Fourteen, Nike, Mitsubishi, Aldila, Accra, KB Tour, True Temper, Aerotech Steelfiber, Rifle, Project X, Graphite Design, Oban, Fierce, Grafalloy, Fujikura, just ask me I can get it ;)

My email: theclubfix@live.com

Feel free to email me any golf questions and I'll be happy to get back to you.

Wow! Good thing that tech isn't a surgeon!

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

I think that's where he attacked it with sandpaper!

I just can't help but wonder what that tech was thinking as he looked at his handiwork! "hmm. . that's a bit crooked, but I bet he doesn't notice. . "

I think that's where he attacked it with sandpaper!

I just can't help but wonder what that tech was thinking as he looked at his handiwork! "hmm. . that's a bit crooked, but I bet he doesn't notice. . "

The tech finished the club and handed it to my client. My client looked at the club and kind of chuckled. At first he said "you forgot to turn the ferrule" So the tech took the club and that is when he took the sandpaper to the hosel and the uneven ferrule.

Needless to say that when he returned with the club my client almost cried. He held back any bad words because he said the tech was an "older gentleman" and he didn't want to get him fired...

So he just left with his driver. IT was only last week I had another driver come in with epoxy all over the head. Literally there was epoxy caked on the top of the crown and the face. So apparently they hired the wrong guy to take care of their custom club department in Golfsmith. I do feel bad for the guy and I wouldn't want to get him fired. I just wouldn't take my clubs back there ha-ha.

THE CLUB FIX

www.TheClubFix.com

Offering: Whitlam Gauge Design, Miura, Kyoei Forged, Scratch, Adams, Bridgestone, Tourstage, Titleist, Callaway, Ping, Cleveland, Mizuno, Simpac, Yonex, Onoff, Srixon, Honma, Fourteen, Nike, Mitsubishi, Aldila, Accra, KB Tour, True Temper, Aerotech Steelfiber, Rifle, Project X, Graphite Design, Oban, Fierce, Grafalloy, Fujikura, just ask me I can get it ;)

...so the customer complains to the store manager and shows him the "handiwork", the manager has a fit and has the "technician" on the carpet and tells him he is fired. He says "that is the worst club fitting I have ever seen".

"Oh no", says the tech, "I have seen worse than that and in this workshop"

If you can show me a worse job than that you can keep your job" says the manager.

So the tech goes in the back of his workshop and brings out a horrendously worked wedge.

"You are right" says the manager, "that is by far the worst job I have ever seen, far worse than yours, who did that one"?

"I did"

Post theft of my clubs and gear, I have all new:In the bags:

ClicGear cart bag; Mizuno Carry Bag.

Clic Gear 2.0 cart.

Lamkin mid size grips on all.

KZG VC-420 Driver 10.5 deg with 38 lb flex black NovaTech 6000 shaft.

KZG Q 3 Wood 15 deg with 37 lb Fierce Full Force shaft silver

KZG Q 5 Wood, 19 deg with 37 lb Fierce Full Force shaft silver

KZG H370 Tour hybrid 22 deg with Silver NovaTech shaft 38 lbs

KZG forged cavity back CBIII wedges AW -5 iron, bent 3 deg up, with silver 38lb graphite NovaTech shafts

KZG 60 degree forged wedge NS shaft.

Callaway X Jaw 64 degree wedge

Odyssey Putter.

Vision Golf Balls Test Pilot, Titleist ProV1x

Open for sponsorship

...so the customer complains to the store manager and shows him the "handiwork", the manager has a fit and has the "technician" on the carpet and tells him he is fired. He says "that is the worst club fitting I have ever seen".

"Oh no", says the tech, "I have seen worse than that and in this workshop"

If you can show me a worse job than that you can keep your job" says the manager.

So the tech goes in the back of his workshop and brings out a horrendously worked wedge.

"You are right" says the manager, "that is by far the worst job I have ever seen, far worse than yours, who did that one"?

"I did"

lol. I think this is what the client was trying to avoid. He didn't see much good in the above unfolding....

THE CLUB FIX

www.TheClubFix.com

Some of the club work I see done amazes me, I was always taught and now try and teach others who work with me that you should never hand a club back to a customer until it looks/feels like something that you would put in your bag. It's sad that there are places that don't care what their work looks like.

Ping G410 Plus Oban Kiyoshi Tour Limited
Ping G410 LST 3 Wood Oban Tour Prototype V430
Titleist U500 3 & 4 Oban Kiyoshi Purple Tour Reserve
Titleist 620 MB 5-9 Oban CT 125
Titleist Vokey 47* Oban CT 125, 51*, 55*, and 59* Shimada Tour Wedge Black
Bettinardi Studio Stock SS28

Now see... this is where I would seem cold hearted. If I went to a place and they did work like that, I would WANT the guy fired, or at least re-trained to do quality work. That kind of shoddy, un-professional workmanship is what has ruined places like Golfsmith, Golf Galaxy, Dick's and others. I am not sticking up for their management at all, because it is their fault the un-professionals got hired in the first place. But, still, when you DO find someone like that, then tell management. MAYBE it will get things improved in the long run.

•Never argue with an idiot. First, he will drag you down to his level. Then he will beat you with experience!•

If your gonna take your clubs somewhere for repairs, custom work, etc.

Dont take it to a big chain store unless you know who is going to be doing the work and you trust them.

Otherwise take it to a reputable small place with a good rep. I just dont care for the big chain stores for anything that involves them working on my clubs, because they hardly ever know what they are doing...If whoever did that work expected payment, they most likely would get a swift kick in the @$$!

Golfsmith just opened up here about 6 months ago and I have to say I like them. They hired the senior club repair tech away from Golf Galaxy when they came in, the guy knows his job and does quality work and is always willing to help and give advice.

They hire students from the local college golf teams to staff the store, so they're kids, but they're into golf and a couple of the guys are very helpful. They'll let me hit balls for an hour, pulling club after club for me and taping them up and resetting the launch monitors and printing out stuff for me. I think they'd let me hang in there all day if I wanted to, of course I always go middle of the day during the week!

They're the only shop that would give me any kind of reasonable deal on a set of new Callaway's that I won. They gave me thier new cost on the clubs, which was much more than used trade in value, they gave it to me in store credit, but it was more than my two teammates got in cash selling thier clubs.

I think they're a bit overpriced on some things, but they run alot of specials and have alot of sales. If you're paying attention it seems you can usually come close to matching other pricing. I like them a heck of alot better than Golf Galaxy and Dicks!

Now see... this is where I would seem cold hearted. If I went to a place and they did work like that, I would WANT the guy fired, or at least re-trained to do quality work. That kind of shoddy, un-professional workmanship is what has ruined places like Golfsmith, Golf Galaxy, Dick's and others. I am not sticking up for their management at all, because it is their fault the un-professionals got hired in the first place. But, still, when you DO find someone like that, then tell management. MAYBE it will get things improved in the long run.

I completely agree with you chey, something needs to be done about these people. It frustrates me to no end!!

Fairways and Greens

If your gonna take your clubs somewhere for repairs, custom work, etc.

Dont take it to a big chain store unless you know who is going to be doing the work and you trust them.

Otherwise take it to a reputable small place with a good rep. I just dont care for the big chain stores for anything that involves them working on my clubs, because they hardly ever know what they are doing...If whoever did that work expected payment, they most likely would get a swift kick in the @$$!

I was taught a similar lesson for buying cars. Don't go to the big chains (especially in the big cities) because they really don't care if the car you bought was a lemon or not. They made the sale, that's all that matters. Now the little dealers (especially in the smaller cities) have a LOT more to prove. A bad sale will lead to a bad reputation, which is the kiss of death for them.

If whoever did that work expected payment, they most likely would get a swift kick in the @$$!

Payment hell, I'd want a new club!

•Never argue with an idiot. First, he will drag you down to his level. Then he will beat you with experience!•

Archived