Our Sponsors

Wilson is unveiling the new DUO's today - and trust me, they WILL get your attention!

Wilson Duo Golf Balls - 20-1377.jpg

Yup - those are the new DUO matte colors and I gotta say, they look pretty cool in person. As for performance, if you like the old DUO,  you'll like this one just as much. It's not a Tour-level ball, but for the average player (or anyone playing in cool temps) it performs very well. 

The new DUO Soft Spin is getting a facelift too -- some tech tweaks and the Wilson shield as a logo (looks VERY classy).

Full report is on the blog - check it out here

Thoughts?

• Like 2

I like how they appear to glow. I guess I'd go with yellow since orange and pink will blend in with my leaves.

Blue would've been a cool choice

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Really cool. Pro shops around my place don't carry many coloured ball brands, but most carry Wilson. And my dad loves the orange ones. Looks like my Christmas shopping for him is all but done 😀

I'll be grabbing a sleeve to try next season (crossing my fingers for one more round, but doesn't look like it'll happen). Probably the yellow

Sent from my E6853 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Really like the old school badassery! Wilson keeping it real. And who doesn't like hitting a ball that makes your super hard feeling irons feel like a nice soft pillow?

• Like 1

I like how they appear to glow. I guess I'd go with yellow since orange and pink will blend in with my leaves.

Blue would've been a cool choice

Dunno - something about Blue Balls hits a little close to home... :blink:  :blink:  :wacko:  :wacko:

• Like 7

Funny, they look a lot like the volvik balls to me.

And a white Bridgestone looks a lot like a white Titleist, especially from a distance. What's your point?   :rolleyes:  B)  :lol: ;)

• Like 3

Gonna need to grab a few of the Duo Soft Spin and see how they fare this fall.

Thanks for the recommendation-

• Like 1

As I mentioned in the blog, I really appreciate Frank speaking so openly about the ball market in general, both praising and criticizing other balls in the market, it gives more validity in my mind to what he says about the current line.   Also it's nice to see someone who works for an OEM that isn't a scratch golfer....ha    

The Duo Spin Soft sounds interesting, i'll definitely give it a try.  And at the price for the Duo Soft, I bet we sell a lot of them in the shop. 

• Like 1

Nice. I have been playing the yellow version but may need to throw some orange ones in the mix.

Excellent article!  I've been playing the Duo Spin for a few years now.  It's my second favorite ball ever, behind the Staff PX3.  Interested to see (feel) the changes with the newer model.

Thanks Barbajo!

Not a fan of glow-in-the-dark golf balls. But I like the look of the white Duo. Kind of retro IMO.

I still have a dozen Duos and a dozen Duo U's yet to game.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

I've played the Duo before and it's not a bad ball for the price point, need to try the Duo Soft Spin

Will there be new duo-u or fg Tour balls coming?

FG Tour in Matte White with the old school logo??... yes please.

- A.S.

Sent from Winterfell

• Like 1

I still have a dozen Duos and a dozen Duo U's yet to game.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

I kind of like the Duo-U. Maybe more of a winter ball for me as I seemed to lose a few yards with it. Had a good feel though.

• Like 1

Will there be new duo-u or fg Tour balls coming?

I'm sure eventually - DUO U is only 2 years old and the current FG Tour is only about a year old, so no refresh is likely soon. I'm still trying to find out if the shield is going to be on all the balls - I seem to remember them saying that, but I didn't write it down anywhere.

And an FG Tour in matte white? I need a moment alone...

• Like 2