Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

NEW Titleist AVX Premium Golf Ball

epsanche23

I was told today these will be in the Midwest soon. Our club has 18 dozen coming.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x
Handicap index:  +3.9

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Played 18 with the same ball today. I think it's a great ball. Nice trajectory off the driver, no real issues with side spin. Ball was kept in play easily. High launcher off the irons. Doesn't spin as well as the V1 or VX on full shots into the green but it's still a good drop, stop performance ball with pitches, which is nice. Good feel off the putter as well.

Overall I like the AVX. Not sure it would be more every day gamer but it performs well.

More to come

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM9 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

I still haven't seen them yet in Washington. But I was lucky enough to get a sleeve of test balls from Titleist and look forward to finding out which one this is!attachicon.gifImage1509981089.842403.jpg

I think it's the AVX.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Played this ball a lot today in my iron testing.

Feel much better about it than I did on the first go round with it.

Seems to hold it's line in the wind very well. Does everything around the green that the VX does. And the yellow is nice and easy to see. Thaf may be one of the biggest selling factors in this ball. A premium ureathane cover in yellow.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I've played 18 holes across a few rounds with the AVX, courtesy of my brother bringing me a dozen from California. I have the yellow and it is a bright and easy to see color. The ball itself performs well but with the price point being equal to the Pro-Vs I cannot for the life of me imagine why one would opt to put this ball into play over them, unless one absolutely loves playing a yellow ball or feels they cannot compress the Pro V any longer.

Performance was on par with other ball makes available for much less. There is nothing earth-shattering about this ball that makes it worth nearly $20 more than, say, the Q Star Tour at full retail. If Titleist is hoping this will help it recapture some of the market share it's been losing I think they are bound to be disappointed. If it stays at $48/dozen I predict most of its customers would be folks moving away from Pro V rather than others moving from a competitor to AVX.

I haven't bought a titleist ball in a long time I'm interested to see if they can beat out Bridgestone

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

So a question for everyone.

If this ball had been introduced as ProV2 and said it was a sligjtly softer core and was yellow. Would you still have the same price objections.

This is assuming you already don't have an objection to the regular ProV price.

I ask this because, if it does what you expect from a ProV no more, no less then why is price an issue just because its not called ProV?

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

So a question for everyone.

If this ball had been introduced as ProV2 and said it was a sligjtly softer core and was yellow. Would you still have the same price objections.

This is assuming you already don't have an objection to the regular ProV price.

I ask this because, if it does what you expect from a ProV no more, no less then why is price an issue just because its not called ProV?

I think ProVs are expensive. I play them well but hate the price.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

They are now available in Tampa at Babe Zaharias Golf Club for $49/dozen.

One of my buds was loving them....until we played Wentworth where, after losing 3 balls on the first 3 holes he said he may have to rethink it....LOL

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I started a little thread on these last month: “Played with these yesterday. (10/17) One round in thoughts: these are REALLY soft! I could feel it off the driver for sure. They do spin a ton, especially noticeable obviously with short irons and wedges. It's an okay ball, not really right for my game, I don't believe, and not a $48/dz ball, in my opinion.”

Still have the same opinion. They were actually kind of mushy feeling to me off the driver. They did have good distance, however. They were exceptionally straight, I thought. It's a good ball, just has a unique feel, and to me, doesn't seem to be so exceptional to warrant a $48/dz price tag. Of course, I feel that way about EVERY golf ball.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpyIMG_4638.JPG

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

I really wanted to try these, but the price was more off-putting in person than I thought it would be... Especially when I realized my current gamer, Chrome Soft, are being sold for $31/dozen right now! I put the AVX down and bought another dozen of my tried and true... If Titleist decides to become a little more competitive with their pricing of the AVX in the future, I'll give it a shot.

In the Sun Mountain 4.5LS 14-way bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: M2 10.5° :: Accra FX260
Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 19° :: Fujikura ATMOS Tour Spec 7X Blue
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 21° :: Mitsubishi Black 80G50
Irons:  :taylormade-small: P790 (5-AW) :: KBS Tour 110
Sand Wedge: :cleveland-small: CBX-2 54° :: KBS Tour 110
Lob Wedge: :cleveland-small: RTX-3 58° :: TT Dynamic Gold
Putter: :cameron-small: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: AVX

• 3 weeks later...

I got to play this ball on Friday. It was 60* and very windy. I thought this ball felt great overall. I could tell it was a lower spinning ball on almost all shots but that was not a bad thing with the wind.

I could see playing this ball for fun but not in a tournament setting as I need more spin around the greens than this ball offers.

It was a surprise to see how well it flew and felt. Maybe I'll give it a run again next spring.

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

I got to play this ball on Friday. It was 60* and very windy. I thought this ball felt great overall. I could tell it was a lower spinning ball on almost all shots but that was not a bad thing with the wind.

I could see playing this ball for fun but not in a tournament setting as I need more spin around the greens than this ball offers.

It was a surprise to see how well it flew and felt. Maybe I'll give it a run again next spring.

I just don't see paying all that for a type of ball I can get for $30 like a chromesoft or a qst. Disappointed that the price point is so high.

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)

I just don't see paying all that for a type of ball I can get for $30 like a chromesoft or a qst. Disappointed that the price point is so high.

I have to agree, price too high. If they were under $40 would be a bit more acceptable.

Rick

Left Hand, 

I tend to agree. It's not much different than the PRO V line and I think price is a big factor for the target audience

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

I've played 18 holes across a few rounds with the AVX, courtesy of my brother bringing me a dozen from California. I have the yellow and it is a bright and easy to see color. The ball itself performs well but with the price point being equal to the Pro-Vs I cannot for the life of me imagine why one would opt to put this ball into play over them, unless one absolutely loves playing a yellow ball or feels they cannot compress the Pro V any longer.

Performance was on par with other ball makes available for much less. There is nothing earth-shattering about this ball that makes it worth nearly $20 more than, say, the Q Star Tour at full retail. If Titleist is hoping this will help it recapture some of the market share it's been losing I think they are bound to be disappointed. If it stays at $48/dozen I predict most of its customers would be folks moving away from Pro V rather than others moving from a competitor to AVX.

I couldn't agree more - titleist upper management hmmm losing market share to lower price point balls why would a ball priced the same as current pro v 1 and prov 1 x gain market share, it won't.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone tried the new Titleist AVX ball?  There was a display of them at Joe and Leigh's Pro Shop in Easton, Mass.  I'm assuming they are going to go forward with marketing the ball nation wide.

A good friend gave me a sleeve of them but as you can imagine, the weather up here is not real conducive to golf and I am going to be going to my grandkids basketball games all weekend. So I'm not sure if I'm even going to get another round in before next sprint.   I'd be interested to hear what people who have tried that ball think.

Jim, the retired GC Super.

Here you go buddy. This thread should show you some initial feedback from the forum:

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/index.php?/topic/21316-NEW-Titleist-AVX-Premium-Golf-Ball

Paraphrasing but most people seem to think it's a good ball in the wrong price point.

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Yep

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I like them a lot but it's mostly because there is an yellow option. I think the price is a little high as others have mentioned though. Unless the price comes down I probably won't be switching to them full time.

By the way hello all, yes I am still alive just been a crazy holiday season here at my office.

Sent from my Pixel using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• 1 month later...

Bought a sleeve of these balls from our pro shop just to see what the were about. Ball has a great feel and seems to sit down well when spun. The ball is 5-10 yards longer than ProV. The only downside I've seen in 36 holes is the finish doesn't seem extremely durable...not bad but seems to become a little dull. Bought a dozen based on experience and the only thing I don't like is the price. Don't know what Tiitleist long term plan is for this ball.

Bought a sleeve of these balls from our pro shop just to see what the were about. Ball has a great feel and seems to sit down well when spun. The ball is 5-10 yards longer than ProV. The only downside I've seen in 36 holes is the finish doesn't seem extremely durable...not bad but seems to become a little dull. Bought a dozen based on experience and the only thing I don't like is the price. Don't know what Tiitleist long term plan is for this ball.

I've transitioned to the Vice Pro plus this season. I wouldn't consider playing AVXs at this price. Vice's price point to performance/feel is great for me. I can't justify playing anything else till I improve by driving accuracy. Durability is a tradeoff for Vice, but if I lose 3 balls a round, paying $48 for AVXs isn't worth it. I believe for a majority of average golfers who play on a budget will not buy AVXs regularly.

Beers & Birdies

In my bag

Driver  :cobra-small:  F8+ 

Fairway:  :cobra-small: F8+ (15°)

UT:   :callaway-small:  XForged 18°

Irons:   :ping-small:  i200 (4-PW)

Wedge:   :callaway-small:  62 

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM6 52 | 56

Putter:  Odyssey Dual Force 2

We cannot get these here in the Uk.

Would any of you guys consider sending me a three pack out to test??

Message me if you would and we can sort something out.

Thanks

:callaway-small: rouge subzero Fujikura Evo 2 shaft

:titelist-small:  F2  3 wood Mitsubishi rayon 

:titelist-small:  818.21 hybrid Even flow black

Ben Hogan irons apex 4 shafts 

:mizuno-small: S18 wedges 50/54/58

:titelist-small:  Cameron and Crown M1

• 2 weeks later...

I've transitioned to the Vice Pro plus this season. I wouldn't consider playing AVXs at this price. Vice's price point to performance/feel is great for me. I can't justify playing anything else till I improve by driving accuracy. Durability is a tradeoff for Vice, but if I lose 3 balls a round, paying $48 for AVXs isn't worth it. I believe for a majority of average golfers who play on a budget will not buy AVXs regularly.

Beers & Birdies

Agree, I have been a little mini test of AVX, Pro V & Chrome Soft. Pro V not for me, distance OK but not enough. AVX distance & feel pretty good BUT both the ProV & AVX can't justify the price tag. Chrome Soft is the winner on distance/feel and price, $31.00.

Rick

Left Hand, 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Agree, I have been a little mini test of AVX, Pro V & Chrome Soft. Pro V not for me, distance OK but not enough. AVX distance & feel pretty good BUT both the ProV & AVX can't justify the price tag. Chrome Soft is the winner on distance/feel and price, $31.00.

Chrome Soft is a great ball...not just how it performs, but the price tag is so on point.

DRIVER: TaylorMade M3 | 9.5º | Graphite Design TP6X

FAIRWAY: TaylorMade M1 (2016) | 14ºFujikura Speeder Evolution IV 757 X

HYBRID: TaylorMade Rescue11 TP | 18º | KBS Hybrid PROTO X

UTILITY: TaylorMade UDI TP 2-iron | KBS PROTO S

IRONS: Mizuno MP18 SC 3-PW | KBS TOUR S+

WEDGES: Titleist Vokey SM5 raw | 52º, 58º custom grinds KBS TOUR X

PUTTER: KRONOS Golf HENDRIX P.O. PROTO

BALL: TaylorMade TP5X

Archived