Our Sponsors

Why should I use this over the Pro V1? 3 balls in the same category price wise. When will it stop?

8 sets of irons

2 different drivers

2 different fairways

2 different hybrids

14 bounce/grind options

320 putters

Now a skewed range of golf balls.

Long story short, I'm buying some to try out, because why not?

You could buy a nice bottle of scotch with the money instead, that's why not. :)

Trust me there is no magic potion on this ball.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 5

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Alpha Distanza 40 weak R flex shaft

Tour Exotics EX 10 3 wood

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,58

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

You could buy a nice bottle of scotch with the money instead, that's why not. :)

Trust me there is no magic potion on this ball.

$48 won't buy a “nice” bottle. Maybe a decent. A nice shot of the good stuff cost you $20 or so around here

Blake

CobraConnectChallenge3

Based on Titleist's ads over the years, you don't need another ball outside of the ProV group! Hahahaha! Nah. $48+ tax is silly. Wilson, Callaway, Bridgestone, Srixon, etc all make very similar balls for far less. I don't buy the Titleist hype.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

Driver: :honma: TR20 460, :Fuji: Ventus Black 70X

Fwy: :titelist-small: TS3, 15*, Veylix Rome 888 X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :srixon-small: Z585 4/5 iron, Z785 6-PW, :Nippon:Modus 120X

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Platinum M5 HT Mallet, 36"

Why should I use this over the Pro V1? 3 balls in the same category price wise. When will it stop?

8 sets of irons

2 different drivers

2 different fairways

2 different hybrids

14 bounce/grind options

320 putters

Now a skewed range of golf balls.

Long story short, I'm buying some to try out, because why not?

I think you're a candidate for a golfers anonymous meeting. I'm sure they'll walk you through the 12 step program to eliminate your addiction.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

:cobra-small: F Max 5 wood

:ping-small:  9 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*
:wilson-small: C300 4i-GP
:cleveland-small:  Wedges RTX 3.0: 52*, 56*
:ping-small: EYE 2 Wedge 60*

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain:

:SuperSpeed: Official Tester 2020   Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

Im very happy with my Vice Pro Plus for $25. I'll stick with them until one of these big shot companies starts to pay me to use their ball.

• Like 1

• PING G400 LST 8.5 Evenflow Black 65g 6.5
  • PING G 3W HZRDUS Yellow 75g 6.0
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Maltby TS1 4-G Nippon Modus3 120S
  • Maltby TSW 52 Nippon Modus Wedge
  • Maltby TSW 58 Nippon Modus Wedge
  • Bettinardi BB8 Wide 2020
  • Oncore Elixr

Rochester, NY

4.3 Index

Based on Titleist's ads over the years, you don't need another ball outside of the ProV group! Hahahaha! Nah. $48+ tax is silly. Wilson, Callaway, Bridgestone, Srixon, etc all make very similar balls for far less. I don't buy the Titleist hype.

I play the Tour BX for $39.00 a dozen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

:cobra-small: Driver F9                     

:mizuno-small: 5-wood 190    
:mizuno-small: 4i - PW MP-20 MMC                                                                       

:vokey-small: SM-8 50/F  54/S  58/M

:odyssey-small: Toulon San Diego Garage

:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

I'll be buying my used Golf balls from

Lostgolfballs.com

Yup! Nothing wrong with AAAAA golf balls

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

:cobra-small: F Max 5 wood

:ping-small:  9 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*
:wilson-small: C300 4i-GP
:cleveland-small:  Wedges RTX 3.0: 52*, 56*
:ping-small: EYE 2 Wedge 60*

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain:

:SuperSpeed: Official Tester 2020   Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

I've got a couple of places where I could play 2 rounds for the price of a dozen of these Titleists.

Sent from my XT1585 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:cleveland-small: Halo 3h

PGF Southpaw 7W

:ping-small:  Eye 2  5-SW  or

:wilson-small: C200 5 - AW

:cleveland-small:  Oil Can 56* and 60*

:rife-putters-1:  2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

I guess I'll have to wait until I find one in the woods(not that I'm ever there) if I like it I might just buy a few.

CobraConnectChallenge3

I have two AVX “OP's” in my bag for this weeks Buddy Trip.

Driver: Cobra King F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Cobra King F8 GW(50*) SW(54*) LW(58*) Putter: 33" Tommy Armour Impact No. 3 mallet putter Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

$48 won't buy a “nice” bottle. Maybe a decent. A nice shot of the good stuff cost you $20 or so around here

Blake

Jeez- where are you? Moscow?

• Like 2

WITB: 

Adams 9064LS 9.5* (until I cracked the face)

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Adams wedges: 52/7 56/13 60/7

Wilson Staff Infinite Southside putter/Odyssey DualForce 660 putter

The more I think about it, to me this reminds me of the UA president saying people want higher priced goods. Both of these completely miss the mark if you look at the costco and direct to consumer balls pricing and even Chrome Soft.  To play a "new" ball that priced higher than their PV1 and is one of the most expensive just doesnt make sense to me. 

• Like 1

Driver  :titelist-small: TS 2, Hzrdus Smoke Black Stiff 9.5* Setting, A2

Fairway Wood:   :ping-small: G30 Stiff Shaft

Hybrid:   :titelist-small: TS2 19* Hzrdus Smoke Black Stiff shaft

Irons:     :titelist-small: 718 AP1 (4-PW) AMT Red Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX4 52* 56*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

Jeez- where are you? Moscow?

Naw I'm in bourbon country. I thought I have had the good stuff until I asked for the good stuff. Be prepared if you do. They lady said I don't think you want that, $48 a 2oz shot!! I said give me a good medium grade, it was still $24 for 2oz

Blake

• Like 1

CobraConnectChallenge3

I have played these for three rounds now and am a big fan. Two rounds were in decent winds. (over 20mph).

This is the best wind ball I have played and surpass the  bridgestone b330. They are very similar off the tee but the AVX goes farther when you really connect. Where is excels compared to the b330 is with irons and wedge play, I feel like I can control the level of spin I want on the ball.  Not the same kind of control as a prov1 or prov1x with short shots. It feels a little harder when you put but it doesn't bother me.

Since I play near the ocean these will be in my bag often.

• Like 1

In my      Ping  Hoofer: with clicgear 3.5  

Driver:    Callaway Rogue 9* set to 8* with draw, Project x Evenflow Blue xstiff 6.5 65g

3W:         Ping G-Series  set to 15*, Alta 65 graphite stiff-flex

5W:         Ping G-Series  set to 18*, Alta 65 graphite stiff-flex

4H:          Ping G-Series 22* 4-Hybrid, Alta 70 graphite stiff-flex

Irons:      Ping G-10, Green Dot, Ping AWT Stiff, 5-P

Wedge:   Cleveland RTX-3 wedge shaft, 50, 56, 60

Putter:     Ping Craz-E G2i  or  Nike Method S2-12

Ball:       B330RX, AVX,  Z-Star or whatever I find on the course

Shoes:  footjoy flexfit

I didn't see another post when searching for AVX, so thought I'd add my recent experience with them.  Last week, I signed up for a Ball Fitting with Titleist at my local course.  Playing with the right ball had always been a big question for me as I have always purchased on the frugal, mid-grade level vs. probably what was right for me.

They had me hit a shot with Wedge aiming for a 50 yard shot first, then a 7 iron, then a driver.  With each club, I had a grouping of balls that had different dots on them.  After each club, I spoke with the person giving the fitting about the stats on the Trackman that was seen with each shot, the difference in the balls, and how each one felt (The others were Pro V1's and DT Truesoft). 

I was really surprised by the AVX balls.  I traditionally have a higher flight ball that is accurate, but I'm losing distance as I'm usually a club or two longer than most other players at the same distance.  This ball had a soft feel, where I could get a nice spin on it with my wedge, but could see it taking some of the upper trajectory off my iron and giving me more distance.  I had about the same spin rate with my Driver across all 3 balls, but the AVX was definitely about 12 yards longer and had a different landing angle.

It looks like they retail for around $48/dozen, which to me is expensive, but I've noticed I don't lose as many balls as I used to so I think it may worth trying out.  I got a couple samples from them, so will post more once I get a round in with them. 

Curious if anyone else has hit them yet?

• Like 1

I didn't see another post when searching for AVX, so thought I'd add my recent experience with them. Last week, I signed up for a Ball Fitting with Titleist at my local course. Playing with the right ball had always been a big question for me as I have always purchased on the frugal, mid-grade level vs. probably what was right for me.

They had me hit a shot with Wedge aiming for a 50 yard shot first, then a 7 iron, then a driver. With each club, I had a grouping of balls that had different dots on them. After each club, I spoke with the person giving the fitting about the stats on the Trackman that was seen with each shot, the difference in the balls, and how each one felt (The others were Pro V1's and DT Truesoft).

I was really surprised by the AVX balls. I traditionally have a higher flight ball that is accurate, but I'm losing distance as I'm usually a club or two longer than most other players at the same distance. This ball had a soft feel, where I could get a nice spin on it with my wedge, but could see it taking some of the upper trajectory off my iron and giving me more distance. I had about the same spin rate with my Driver across all 3 balls, but the AVX was definitely about 12 yards longer and had a different landing angle.

It looks like they retail for around $48/dozen, which to me is expensive, but I've noticed I don't lose as many balls as I used to so I think it may worth trying out. I got a couple samples from them, so will post more once I get a round in with them.

I won a dozen on a MGS Facebook giveaway. They just arrived so I'll get to hit them for the first time tomorrow. I have been gaming the Snell MTB red (I was part of that test) so I'm looking forward to the comparison.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 9.5* Recoil 460ES cut to 45"
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-PW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
AW: :mizuno-small:S5 52*
SW: :cleveland-small: 588
LW: :callaway-small: MD3
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: :bridgestone-small: Tour B Stand Bag
Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

:SuperSpeed: Tester
Starting Driver Speed on PRGR Monitor: 102 mph

I didn't see another post when searching for AVX, so thought I'd add my recent experience with them. Last week, I signed up for a Ball Fitting with Titleist at my local course. Playing with the right ball had always been a big question for me as I have always purchased on the frugal, mid-grade level vs. probably what was right for me.

They had me hit a shot with Wedge aiming for a 50 yard shot first, then a 7 iron, then a driver. With each club, I had a grouping of balls that had different dots on them. After each club, I spoke with the person giving the fitting about the stats on the Trackman that was seen with each shot, the difference in the balls, and how each one felt (The others were Pro V1's and DT Truesoft).

I was really surprised by the AVX balls. I traditionally have a higher flight ball that is accurate, but I'm losing distance as I'm usually a club or two longer than most other players at the same distance. This ball had a soft feel, where I could get a nice spin on it with my wedge, but could see it taking some of the upper trajectory off my iron and giving me more distance. I had about the same spin rate with my Driver across all 3 balls, but the AVX was definitely about 12 yards longer and had a different landing angle.

It looks like they retail for around $48/dozen, which to me is expensive, but I've noticed I don't lose as many balls as I used to so I think it may worth trying out. I got a couple samples from them, so will post more once I get a round in with them.

I played with one last week, given by another member. They do exactly what they say, lower launch for me off the driver, good short game control. Solid all around.

New AVX is really something else. Long off the tee, very soft and what you'd expect from a premium Titleist ball around the greens. Really interested to see where this ball will fall in line with the 1/1X. Possibly their new flagship??

Anyone had a chance to try it?

For now, its only available in Arizona, California and Florida as a test market.

Here's a look inside the ball at the 3-piece layer construction:

Found one of these last round that looked like it had never been hit. I've chipped with it a little. Scared to play it on a course cause if there's one thing I'm good at. It's losing a ball when it should otherwise be impossible to do so.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

RH:

Driver: :cobra-small: F9 9.0º - 14g Low - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Woods: :cobra-small: F9 3W - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Hybrids: :cobra-small:  F9 3H - Aldila Green X

Irons: :cobra-small: F9 One Length 4-PW - Modus3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cobra-small: King Wedges 50º/54º/58º Versatile

Putter: :ping-small:  Sigma G Tyne 35"

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV

#cobraconnect19

I've never paid $48 for a dozen golf balls, that I didn't lose a bet over. Titleist is high if they think that will change with another offering at that price point. Too many more affordable options of the same or better quality to choose from to dick around with the Titleist overpriced hype.

Sent from my coral using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• :ping-small: G400 Driver, 3 Fairway
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Irons - 18° & 21°
  • :Hogan: Ft. Worth Hi Utility Iron - 24°
  • :callaway-small: Forged Razr X 6-A Wedge irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 54° & 58°
  • :ping-small: Sigma2 Tyne Putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:NX7 Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS