TESTERS WANTED! ×

Any Info On This Putter?

GolfSpy_X

• SPY VIP

This question was sent into us by email from a MGS reader...if anyone has any info on this putter please post it:

FROM TERI: "So… I worked for Odyssey before we were purchased by Tommy Armour Golf (American Brands, Inc) who then sold Odyssey to Callaway after TA's Titanium irons disaster. We released a “Limited Edition” gold plated, leather grip, Rossie II which we only sold in Japan. Though I recommended Odyssey produce 500 of these putters – the powers that be at the time produced 6500 (and you wonder why TA failed?!). Anyway, I have the 30th putter of the 6500 made. Any of you golf junkies have ideas on what it may be worth? Thanks!"

rossie-II-limited-1.jpg

rossie-II-limited-2.jpg

#TruthDigest

Yep. It's Gold Plated. If I recall, That was about the Time Colbert on the Sr Tour and Faldo on the regular tour were having nice success with it. Big seller for us back then.

I know of a shop in Columbus Oh that had 2 of them still new in the box as of 2009. Think they were like $300.00 each.

The thing Odyssey putters, even limiteds, suck for holding their value. It's gold plated, not solid gold billet so the gold's weight is very very minute. Unless you find a big sucker, 200-300 is the max value I see it at.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

The thing Odyssey putters, even limiteds, suck for holding their value. It's gold plated, not solid gold billet so the gold's weight is very very minute. Unless you find a big sucker, 200-300 is the max value I see it at.

Which is sad because all Scotty Cameron has to do is stick a "For Tour Use Only" stamp on a plain stainless steel putter and it's worth at least a few thousand.

• 12 years later...