Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

Scotty Cameron Introduces New Online Custom Shop Application

GolfSpy Dave

• SPY VIP

Get ready to blow an hour or two...

487339.jpg

Scotty Cameron has announced a new Custom Shop tool to tweak and personalize your Cameron putter. This is nothing really new, as Mr. Cameron has had some kind of interface online in the Custom Shop for some time. That tool was a little clunky though as you had to click all over the place to make sure you hit all of the spots for paint and stamps.

This new tool seems much more user friendly. Now all of the options are on the left margin, and require just a few clicks to update and customize your putter.

It's a fun little diversion for the day.

If you don't have time to goof with it right now, I'll give you my initial takes.

• It is easy to use, and works great if you have a newer Cameron to work with. My old Tel3 Newport Long Neck was not in the new fancy system, though it could still be customized.
  • Full restoration is now $290! Maybe I missed this, but didn't it used to be a ton cheaper? Like $150 and that included a new grip and headcover. As for grips and headcovers...

487338.jpg

• Custom Shop Only headcovers and grips are not as cool as they once were. Gone are the Custom Shop only grips and headcovers. Sure, there are some in the system only available through the shop, but I always liked the simple Custom Shop grips of various colors. Not many, if any, grip and headcover combos. I always wanted to go grip-headcover-shaft band all in purple or orange. Not available.

487346.jpg

• If you want a $50 metal shaft band, you can have one. Odd thing is that not all of the paintfill colors are available on the shaft bands. If you have an orange theme running through your putter, you'll not be able to select orange shaft band.

Screen Shot 2017-10-11 at 8.46.40 AM.png

• ​It's insanely expensive. Take a look at the screen shot that I came up with from playing with the system. Total customization price: $492, and that doesn't include the original putter. I'm one of the last people to ****** about how expensive golf equipment is, especially custom putters, but FFS that's outlandish. You can send a putter to Putter Lounge or other refinishing folk for a fraction of that and all you'll miss are the Cameron Shop bands and such. Maybe I'm off base on this, but it's almost offensively expensive now.

Thoughts?

Anyway, feel free to check out the new system and let me know what you think. Am I way off in my assessment? Is there something that I have missed valuewise, or do you agree that the price boost seems over the top.

487352.jpg

Are the Custom Shop Only items enough to get your money? Do you think that the sun headcovers would be a hell of a lot better without the Camo? Seriously, why is 2017 Cameron's Camo year? I don't get it. This cover in various colors could have almost single handedly changed my attitude on the whole process.

Anyway, what are your thoughts? Feel free to read the press release from Cameron below at your leisure.

Custom Shop Creator on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZm3QCR5eRs

FAIRHAVEN, Mass. (Oct. 11, 2017) – In keeping with the idea that the putter is the most personal club in a golfer's bag, Master Putter Maker Scotty Cameron today introduced his new Custom Shop Creator – a state-of-the-art online putter customizer accessible through ScottyCameron.com. 

The Custom Shop Creator (www.scottycameron.com/customshop​) allows golfers to virtually personalize their Scotty Cameron putters like never before, instantly bringing their ideas to life through realistic high-resolution image renderings. Golfers then send their putters to Scotty's Custom Shop, housed at the Putter Studio in Southern California, where their customizations become a reality. 

“I created the Custom Shop to give passionate players a way to preserve, personalize and protect their putters for life,” Cameron said. “The Custom Shop Creator really takes the creative process to another level. From your desktop or mobile device, you can easily experiment with custom stampings, sight lines, different weights and paintfill. You can change the finish from silver to black. It just gives you that feel of a Tour-like experience and creating a one-of-a-kind design.” 

All putter models since 2014, plus many of Scotty's most popular prior models, are available in the new customizer for photo-realistic customization. Owners of older putter models will be seamlessly linked to Scotty Cameron's Classic Form, where an additional 100 putter models may be customized. 

Since 2004, Scotty Cameron has offered personalization, customization, authentication and restoration services in the Custom Shop. From specialty grips, headcovers and authentic accessories to stamps, initials, engraved weights and full restoration of years old, game-worn Scotty Cameron putters, the Custom Shop has provided golfers with a resource to not only customize an already-purchased putter, but to also authenticate and refurbish these valuable clubs. 

The new Custom Shop Creator introduces several new features: 

• Realistic renderings display vibrant representations of custom stamps, initials, sight lines, weights, finishes and more – including accurate depictions of Scotty's translucent and opaque paintfill colors – all in real-time as a user moves through the application. 

• Responsive design adapts to mobile and desktop devices providing users the flexibility to enter a Custom Shop order from anywhere. 

• Seamless workflow presents customization choices in an improved sequence more aligned with the way a customer would logically move through the process. 

• Quick links to popular models allow users to easily search and choose from existing putter types to move immediately into the customization process. 

• Save customizations feature â€“ provides users with the option to create their custom putter at their own pace, saving within the application to finish later. 

• New Custom Shop-only accessories â€“ added to the Custom Shop include new stamps, as well as 12 new headcovers, shaft bands, 15 new paint-filled shaft rings and new grips. 

PRICE AND AVAILABILITY: Full putter restoration, including choice of silver or black finish, is $290. Authentication is $75. New paint is $72. Grips range from $15-$57. Headcovers range from $35-$124. Loft and lie adjustments are free. 

ON THE WEB: www.scottycameron.com/scottys-custom-shop 
• YOUTUBE: https://www.youtube.com/ScottyCameron 
• INSTAGRAM: https://www.instagram.com/ScottyCameron 
• TWITTER: https://www.twitter.com/ScottyCameron 

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

if a golfer has disposable income, I mean, why not.  (I like eating and a roof over my head)   :D

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

if a golfer has disposable income, I mean, why not. (I like eating and a roof over my head) :D

If you got it, spend it!

Unfortunately for me, I don't got it in this case. I'd just buy a new stock putter at that price point.

Sent from my Pixel XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

I love customizing things and making them "my own".  I actually think that 3-400 bucks to bring a putter back to life with some custom changes is fair....for a Scotty.  After all, most people playing one are doing so for the look/status anyway.  

:ping-small: S57 DG S300 stiff

:taylormade-small:  M1 430 8.5 Matrix Black Tie 

:ping-small:  Tour Wedges stiff

:taylormade-small:  SLDR 16* mini driver Fuji Speeder stiff

:taylormade-small: SLDR 21* hybrid Fuji Speeder stiff

:cameron-small: Futura  Superstroke mid slim 2.0

:taylormade-small:  project (a) #7's

That's crazy expensive. It seems like Scotty Cameron is going downhill a little bit...

Sent from my SM-T580 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

If you got it, spend it!

Unfortunately for me, I don't got it in this case. I'd just buy a new stock putter at that price point.

I'd settle for a box of hot Malasadas !   ;)

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

I'd settle for a box of hot Malasadas ! ;)

You want to trade? Customize my Scotty and I'll mail you some malasadas LOL

I have one Scotty that was done at the custom shop that I think I paid total $450 total for the putter. It is cool to have a custom Scotty but at almost $500 plus the cost of the putter it is a little insane. Not saying people won't pay it but looking at what I could get in that price range you can have a true 1 of 1. My 1 of 1 TP Mills was a fraction of that cost.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

I'm glad they made this update! Their online customizer was bad. I actually wanted to do this (and did) but the old one was wrong in so many ways. I did the face stamping with the initials, spent a ton to send it in, got a call a day later... due to the face material of the Golo5 they can't stamp the face, only the toe.  Well normally that wouldn't bother me, however I am getting married at Oakmont in the spring, one of the things my fiancee really liked was to put our rings on a logo ball and the ball in front of the putter with our last name on it. Cameron was at least nice about it and ended up taking some charges off but, had I known where it was going to be, Im not sure I would have done it.  I am looking forward to seeing it still.

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

...for folks with more money than brains...

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P, follow along!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

You want to trade? Customize my Scotty and I'll mail you some malasadas LOL

No need, coming home next week.

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

No need, coming home next week.

Chee hu! Hope you get some golf in while you're back home

Chee hu! Hope you get some golf in while you're back home

Playing Ko'olina  10-23 and Kapolei 10-24,  got a slot open both days if you like play....

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

Playing Ko'olina 10-23 and Kapolei 10-24, got a slot open both days if you like play....

Wish I could! We got 2 guys on vacation out of our company of 6 so there's no way I can take off. Also we work for Koolina GC so my coworkers would probably find out lol.

Have fun brah!

Wish I could! We got 2 guys on vacation out of our company of 6 so there's no way I can take off. Also we work for Koolina GC so my coworkers would probably find out lol.

Have fun brah!

Shoots !

My Cousin works at Aulani, She told me that they are building an Atlantis out there?  They get room?  Only room is over by Hole 3 Green, Yea?

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

LOL, derailed the conversation, but yeah Atlantis is coming.

02FBF0A8-F919-47AE-9A6A-3F3AD0F0DE47.jpg

So I'm happy how it turned out

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

attachicon.gif02FBF0A8-F919-47AE-9A6A-3F3AD0F0DE47.jpg

So I'm happy how it turned out

Wow that's really a nice looking putter. Nice design.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

I'm glad they made this update! Their online customizer was bad. I actually wanted to do this (and did) but the old one was wrong in so many ways. I did the face stamping with the initials, spent a ton to send it in, got a call a day later... due to the face material of the Golo5 they can't stamp the face, only the toe. Well normally that wouldn't bother me, however I am getting married at Oakmont in the spring, one of the things my fiancee really liked was to put our rings on a logo ball and the ball in front of the putter with our last name on it. Cameron was at least nice about it and ended up taking some charges off but, had I known where it was going to be, Im not sure I would have done it. I am looking forward to seeing it still.

They could stamp the face, but you have to remove the faceplate and be careful when doing it. They're not disassembling anything any more. Partly because they don't really know how. They quit subcontracting with BOS Golf a while back and the folks in the custom shop don't do much. Theylike fast turnaround and that makes that take a whole lot longer

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

As far as whether it's worth it to use the custom shop. For an off the rack putter, nope. Not worth it. Many options out there that dobetter work or do the work Scotty used to subcontract them to do for them. If you have to have stampings, yeah, the custom shop is who you have to use for their stamps. The extras are for people to buy and be able to remove and flip to get money back honestly. Grips, shaft bands, covers... Don't imagine many folks send Cameron's in for that. And the ones that send it in for paintfill really kill me, that's the easiest thing in the world to DIY. You also better hope it's a putter you'll keep forever because you're just limiting your resale market. If it's a non-OTR then yes, use them. It's nearly a must to retain value.

Also, they did do the sunshine in normal colors. For the US Open. They were white and black base. They're highly collectable, especially the 1/90 black sunshines. We're also from the last major and last Open Tiger won, 2008.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

• 4 weeks later...

They could stamp the face, but you have to remove the faceplate and be careful when doing it. They're not disassembling anything any more. Partly because they don't really know how. They quit subcontracting with BOS Golf a while back and the folks in the custom shop don't do much. Theylike fast turnaround and that makes that take a whole lot longer

I didnt realize that, just went off what they said. The only thing I'd have done different are the sightlines, I would have made them blue instead of green

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

Archived