91 replies to this topic

#1 GolfSpy Dave

GolfSpy Dave

MYGOLFSPY (STAFF)

• MYGOLFSPY (STAFF)

• 6,618 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 11 October 2017 - 04:48 PM

See the end of the article for instructions on how you can win a Wilson NFL bag of your choice!

NFLSideBySide.jpg

Add Your Team To Your Game

Though we are a couple of weeks into the season, I am still riding the high of football’s return. I love it when the college and NFL seasons start up each fall. Not totally sure why that’s the case, but right around the end of August, early September, I start to dust off my football fan gear. Headcovers get swapped out, a new towel clips on, and the marker in my pocket likely features Sparky the Sun Devil, or a pirate wearing a helmet.

Whenever the TV asks me if I’m ready for some football, I reply with a definitive Hell Yes!

Wilson Now Has Your NFL Colors

nfllogos.jpg

Wilson Golf is now the officially licensed producer of NFL golf bags. What that means is that now when you sneak out for your pre-kickoff Sunday round, you can represent your team on the links. Whatever team you are behind, Wilson Golf has you covered.

That’s right, Wilson has all NFL teams, in both cart and carry bag form.

More Than Just Logoed Bags

Wilson NFL Bags - 10.jpg

As I just said, these bags are available for all thirty-two NFL teams, and if you take a minute to cruise through the Wilson site, you’ll see that these are not just the same bags with different patches, but rather bags that are fully designed to show your team colors and logos.

Vikings bags are purple, Packer bags are green and gold, and the Dolphin bag looks pretty impressive in green and orange. Perhaps even more impressive than the Dolphins themselves, so far. :(

West Coast Rivalry

Wilson NFL Bags - 6.jpg

I was able to take a closer look at a LA Rams carry bag, and a SF 49ers cart bag, and there were a number of things that impressed me right off the bat. Here are some of the highlights of my investigations.

Impressively Bold Style

Wilson NFL Bags - 11.jpg

I really didn’t expect the colors on the bags to be so vibrant. The red and gold fabrics on the SF bag really pop. Even the Rams bag simpler blue and white scheme makes a bold statement.

Wilson NFL Bags - 12.jpg

While we definitely want our golf bags to be functional, for these bags, looks must be a solid part of the package. That’s kind of the point, right? You want a bag that shows your team colors. You want a bag that looks good. If not, why are you buying one of these at all?

Wilson NFL Bags - 7.jpg

The logos on the bag are also pretty cool looking as they are all stitched logos as opposed to some kind of iron-on appliqué  This should add to the longevity of the bag, with the logos not peeling off over time.

Wilson NFL Bags - 13.jpg

Each bag is branded at multiple spots. You get the team mascot-type logo on the lower pocket, and then larger team logos on both sides of the bag. Again, these are all stitched, and they are pretty densely stitched, likely also adding to visual longevity.

Wilson NFL Bags - 9.jpg

One thing that you will not see on your NFL bag is a whole bunch of Wilson logos. It says Wilson once on the carry strap, and on a couple of the zipper pulls, but that’s it. I think that Wilson has played this perfectly. These bags should look like NFL team bags made by Wilson, not Wilson bags that feature NFL teams. Kudos to Wilson for getting this exactly right.

Plus, They Are Functional Golf Bags

Wilson NFL Bags - 1.jpg

Odds are you are not looking to buy one of these so it can sit in the corner of your living room as a decoration. Not that doing so is a bad idea though as the cart bags would be solid rec room additions.

If you buy one of these, you are probably looking to use it on the course, and my initial feeling on these is that you will not be disappointed.

Carry Bag Specs

17-1590_US_NFL_Bag_CARRY_Tab3_640x480_FNL.jpg

NEW 9.5"× 8" TOP 

·      Exclusive handle

·      5-Way top

·      2 Full-length dividers 

EXTRA FEATURES 

·      4-Point ergonomic double strap 

·      Umbrella holder, Towel ring / glove holder, Rain hood 

QUICK STAND ACTION 

·      Lightweight stand 

·      Stay-flat base 

GREAT STORAGE / 7POCKETS 

·      1 Full-length garment pocket 

·      1 Velour valuables pocket 

·      2 Large Accessories pockets 

·      1 Insulated pocket 

·      1 Large open pocket for range finder or beverage 

·      2 Side mesh pockets 

WEIGHT 

·      4 lb / 1.8 kg 

MSRP

·      $129.99

Wilson NFL Bags - 3.jpg

The carry bag is light (4 pounds) and comfortable on the shoulders. Straps are sufficiently padded, easy to adjust, and the centerpiece connecting them adds another touch of NFL representation. You’ll have no problem storing your stuff, and the five-way top should give you easy club in and out action.

Wilson NFL Bags - 14.jpg

It’s worth noting too that the carry bag does not feature Wilson’s Nexus system, with the leg extension and bottom following a more traditional compression system. Pushcart users should welcome this as it makes for much easier mounting, and even makes tossing it in a power cart less cumbersome.

Cart Bag Specs

17-1590_US_NFL_Bag_CART_Tab3_640x480_FNL.jpg

9.5" × 8.5" EXCLUSIVE TOP 

·      3 Side-lift handles

·      14-Way top 

·      14 Full-length dividers 

·      External putter well fits oversized grip 

EXTRA FEATURES 

·      Cart strap loop, umbrella holders

·      towel ring / glove holder

·      Padded strap

·      Rain hood 

GREAT STORAGE / 11 POCKETS 

·      2 Large full-length garment pockets 

·      3 Velour valuables pockets 

·      1 Large insulated pocket 

·      4 Large external accessories pockets 

·      2 Side mesh pockets 

TROLLEY BASE 

·      11” × 9”
• Trolley anchor 

WEIGHT 

·      5 lb / 2.3 kg 

MSRP

·      $159.99

Wilson NFL Bags - 8.jpg

The cart bag version weighs just a pound more when empty, but likely way more once you fill up all of the pockets. There are eleven expansive pockets, giving you more storage space than you'd find in a tiny house.

Getting to the most important bag feature: The Insulated Pocket. Like a champ, the insulated pocket will easily hold six beers and some ice, keeping you nice and hydrated, at least until you refill at the turn. Do you all use cart bags for reasons besides transporting beers? :D

The 14-way top has an interesting circular arrangement that may require some rearrangement if you swap from a pushcart to a riding cart, but that’s not unusual for many bags.

All in all, I think that both of these will make excellent playing-golf bags. You are not sacrificing utility by going with a NFL aesthetic. Instead, you get a great combination of the two.

Win Your Own NFL Team Bag

Wilson NFL Bags - 2.jpg

Wilson Golf and MyGolfSpy want you to have one of these bags for your very own. All you need to do is reply to this thread with your team of choice, and if you would prefer a cart or carry bag. It’s that simple. In a couple of weeks, we will be selecting a random responder to win the bag of his or her choice.

Stay tuned to the MyGolfSpy social media channels for additional ways to enter as well.

Good Luck!

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @golfspy_dave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

#2 strokerAce

strokerAce

GRANDMASTER SPY

• Members

• 1,620 posts
  • LocationFRANKLIN, MA
  • Handicap:13

Posted 11 October 2017 - 05:04 PM

New England Patriots carry bag..... FTW !

Franklin, MA; Right Handed; 12.7hc

---- Driver  Cobra King F7   UST Mamiya Elements Chrome 6F4   

---- 3 metal  TEE E8 15*  Fujikara 62S

---- Hybrid  TEE EX9 Tour 18*  UST Recoil ES 780 F4s 

---- Hybrid  Titleist 816 H1 21*  Diamana red 60s

---- Irons  TWG Sterling single length 5-P  TT XP90s

---- Wedges  Ping Glide 2 50/54/58  TT XP95

---- Putter  Odyssey ProType Black #9  black shaft round grip

Twitter:      @strokerAce21

Instagram: strokerace210

Facebook: Jason.Humes

previous reviews: TomTom 2 Golf GPS Watch  Ping Glide2.0 Wedges  Cobra King F7 driver w/Arccos Connect

#3 cksurfdude

cksurfdude

GRANDMASTER SPY

• Members

• 1,377 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY
  • Handicap:~18

Posted 11 October 2017 - 05:06 PM

New York Giants (Go Big Blue!)
Cart bag

WITB^ of a right-handed 61 y.o. "aspiring" ;) player ...

Callaway Bertha Mini 1.5 (Kuro Kage Silver Tini)

Callaway XR16 5W  (Motore Speeder Red)

Callaway XR 4H (Project X SD)

Cobra King OS 5i-9i (Recoil 807)

Callaway Apex CF16 PW (Recoil 760)

Callaway MD3 50-10/S (R300) and 54-10/S (S200)

Callaway X-Jaws 58-08

MLA Tour XDream Black Edition w/Forward Golf grip.

^ currently ... subject to change at any time!

#4 tacPARty

tacPARty

BRAND NEW SPY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 05:37 PM

Kansas City Chiefs carry bag.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

#5 STUDque

STUDque

GRANDMASTER SPY

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,645 posts
  • LocationMaryland
  • Handicap:10

Posted 11 October 2017 - 05:54 PM

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS

Carry

What's in the bag?

Driver: Titleist 915 D3 (Aldila Rogue Silver X)

Wood: Ping i25 (stock x-flex)

Irons: TaylorMade Tour Preferred MC (+.5" / up 2* / stiff / mid grip)

Wedges: Titleist Vokey 52,56,60

Putter: STX SS6

Cart: Cliqgear 3.5+ (walk almost every round)

#6 skrupa15

skrupa15

BRAND NEW SPY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationVienna, Va
  • Handicap:12

Posted 11 October 2017 - 05:56 PM

Pittsburgh Steelers

Carry Bag

Sean Krupa

Driver: Callaway Great Big Bertha, 11.5o, -1"

Wood: Ping G30 5W, 17.4o

Hybrids: Cobra King F7 Hybrid 20.5o, 23.5o

Irons: Taylormade R9 5-AW, -.75"

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 3.0 CB 56o, 60o

Putter: Ping Karsten TR PAL

Ball: Taylormade Project (a)

#7 lou mcconaughey

lou mcconaughey

SPY ANALYST

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 06:10 PM

New England Patriots cart bag.I stand for the National Anthem I’m a vet

#8 nixlix26

nixlix26

BRAND NEW SPY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 06:35 PM

New England Patriots stand bag baby.

#9 kardboard.kid

kardboard.kid

JR. FIELD OPERATIVE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio
  • Handicap:18

Posted 11 October 2017 - 07:30 PM

See the end of the article for instructions on how you can win a Wilson NFL bag of your choice!

attachicon.gifNFLSideBySide.jpg
Add Your Team To Your Game
Though we are a couple of weeks into the season, I am still riding the high of football’s return. I love it when the college and NFL seasons start up each fall. Not totally sure why that’s the case, but right around the end of August, early September, I start to dust off my football fan gear. Headcovers get swapped out, a new towel clips on, and the marker in my pocket likely features Sparky the Sun Devil, or a pirate wearing a helmet.

Whenever the TV asks me if I’m ready for some football, I reply with a definitive Hell Yes!

Wilson Now Has Your NFL Colors
attachicon.gifnfllogos.jpg
Wilson Golf is now the officially licensed producer of NFL golf bags. What that means is that now when you sneak out for your pre-kickoff Sunday round, you can represent your team on the links. Whatever team you are behind, Wilson Golf has you covered.

That’s right, Wilson has all NFL teams, in both cart and carry bag form.

More Than Just Logoed Bags
attachicon.gifWilson NFL Bags - 10.jpg
As I just said, these bags are available for all thirty-two NFL teams, and if you take a minute to cruise through the Wilson site, you’ll see that these are not just the same bags with different patches, but rather bags that are fully designed to show your team colors and logos.

Vikings bags are purple, Packer bags are green and gold, and the Dolphin bag looks pretty impressive in green and orange. Perhaps even more impressive than the Dolphins themselves, so far. :(

West Coast Rivalry
attachicon.gifWilson NFL Bags - 6.jpg
I was able to take a closer look at a LA Rams carry bag, and a SF 49ers cart bag, and there were a number of things that impressed me right off the bat. Here are some of the highlights of my investigations.

Impressively Bold Style
attachicon.gifWilson NFL Bags - 11.jpg
I really didn’t expect the colors on the bags to be so vibrant. The red and gold fabrics on the SF bag really pop. Even the Rams bag simpler blue and white scheme makes a bold statement.

attachicon.gifWilson NFL Bags - 12.jpg

While we definitely want our golf bags to be functional, for these bags, looks must be a solid part of the package. That’s kind of the point, right? You want a bag that shows your team colors. You want a bag that looks good. If not, why are you buying one of these at all?

attachicon.gifWilson NFL Bags - 7.jpg

The logos on the bag are also pretty cool looking as they are all stitched logos as opposed to some kind of iron-on appliqué This should add to the longevity of the bag, with the logos not peeling off over time.

attachicon.gifWilson NFL Bags - 13.jpg

Each bag is branded at multiple spots. You get the team mascot-type logo on the lower pocket, and then larger team logos on both sides of the bag. Again, these are all stitched, and they are pretty densely stitched, likely also adding to visual longevity.

attachicon.gifWilson NFL Bags - 9.jpg

One thing that you will not see on your NFL bag is a whole bunch of Wilson logos. It says Wilson once on the carry strap, and on a couple of the zipper pulls, but that’s it. I think that Wilson has played this perfectly. These bags should look like NFL team bags made by Wilson, not Wilson bags that feature NFL teams. Kudos to Wilson for getting this exactly right.

Plus, They Are Functional Golf Bags
attachicon.gifWilson NFL Bags - 1.jpg
Odds are you are not looking to buy one of these so it can sit in the corner of your living room as a decoration. Not that doing so is a bad idea though as the cart bags would be solid rec room additions.

If you buy one of these, you are probably looking to use it on the course, and my initial feeling on these is that you will not be disappointed.

Carry Bag Specs
attachicon.gif17-1590_US_NFL_Bag_CARRY_Tab3_640x480_FNL.jpg
NEW 9.5"× 8" TOP
· Exclusive handle
· 5-Way top
· 2 Full-length dividers
EXTRA FEATURES
· 4-Point ergonomic double strap
· Umbrella holder, Towel ring / glove holder, Rain hood
QUICK STAND ACTION
· Lightweight stand
· Stay-flat base
GREAT STORAGE / 7POCKETS
· 1 Full-length garment pocket
· 1 Velour valuables pocket
· 2 Large Accessories pockets
· 1 Insulated pocket
· 1 Large open pocket for range finder or beverage
· 2 Side mesh pockets
WEIGHT
· 4 lb / 1.8 kg
MSRP
· $129.99
attachicon.gifWilson NFL Bags - 3.jpg

The carry bag is light (4 pounds) and comfortable on the shoulders. Straps are sufficiently padded, easy to adjust, and the centerpiece connecting them adds another touch of NFL representation. You’ll have no problem storing your stuff, and the five-way top should give you easy club in and out action.

attachicon.gifWilson NFL Bags - 14.jpg

It’s worth noting too that the carry bag does not feature Wilson’s Nexus system, with the leg extension and bottom following a more traditional compression system. Pushcart users should welcome this as it makes for much easier mounting, and even makes tossing it in a power cart less cumbersome.

Cart Bag Specs
attachicon.gif17-1590_US_NFL_Bag_CART_Tab3_640x480_FNL.jpg
9.5" × 8.5" EXCLUSIVE TOP
· 3 Side-lift handles
· 14-Way top
· 14 Full-length dividers
· External putter well fits oversized grip
EXTRA FEATURES
· Cart strap loop, umbrella holders
· towel ring / glove holder
· Padded strap
· Rain hood
GREAT STORAGE / 11 POCKETS
· 2 Large full-length garment pockets
· 3 Velour valuables pockets
· 1 Large insulated pocket
· 4 Large external accessories pockets
· 2 Side mesh pockets
TROLLEY BASE
· 11” × 9”
• Trolley anchor
WEIGHT
· 5 lb / 2.3 kg
MSRP
· $159.99

attachicon.gifWilson NFL Bags - 8.jpg
The cart bag version weighs just a pound more when empty, but likely way more once you fill up all of the pockets. There are eleven expansive pockets, giving you more storage space than you'd find in a tiny house.

Getting to the most important bag feature: The Insulated Pocket. Like a champ, the insulated pocket will easily hold six beers and some ice, keeping you nice and hydrated, at least until you refill at the turn. Do you all use cart bags for reasons besides transporting beers? :D

The 14-way top has an interesting circular arrangement that may require some rearrangement if you swap from a pushcart to a riding cart, but that’s not unusual for many bags.

All in all, I think that both of these will make excellent playing-golf bags. You are not sacrificing utility by going with a NFL aesthetic. Instead, you get a great combination of the two.

Win Your Own NFL Team Bag
attachicon.gifWilson NFL Bags - 2.jpg
Wilson Golf and MyGolfSpy want you to have one of these bags for your very own. All you need to do is reply to this thread with your team of choice, and if you would prefer a cart or carry bag. It’s that simple. In a couple of weeks, we will be selecting a random responder to win the bag of his or her choice.

Stay tuned to the MyGolfSpy social media channels for additional ways to enter as well.

Good Luck!
Purple People Eaters VIKINGS- carry bag

Sent from my XT1635-01 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Taylor Made Jet Speed -Driver set to 9.5*

Nike VRS Covert Irons 4-PW

Titleist 980F 3 Wood

Upswing 60* wedge

Tommy amour sand/gap wedges

Odyssey O-Putter 1W

OGIO Cart Bag

#10 PlaidJacket

PlaidJacket

AGENT NAME: HUNTINGTON

• Members

• 3,062 posts
  • LocationW. Texas
  • Handicap:62

Posted 11 October 2017 - 07:42 PM

This is rich. NFL and team Stand bags?

My  :wilson_staff_small:  bag currently includes:    TWGT 771CSI 4i - PW and TWGT PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

TM SLDR 14° D, TWGT 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

Edel Willimette w/SuperStroke Slim

#11 Peanut05

Peanut05

SPY ANALYST

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationLouisiana
  • Handicap:6

Posted 11 October 2017 - 08:09 PM

I would love to have a Saints cart bag!

In my bag:

Callaway Big Bertha Alpha driver with a Fubuki ZT60 Stiff shaft

Callaway X-Hot 3 and 5 wood with Project X Velocity Stiff shaft

Callaway Apex irons (4-PW) with True Temper XP 95 stiff shafts

Callaway MD3 wedges (50/54/58)

SeeMore Original FGP

Titleist Pro V1

Bridgestone Tour B330

#12 Rickp

Rickp

GRANDMASTER SPY

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • LocationCentral Florida
  • Handicap:15

Posted 11 October 2017 - 08:30 PM

Tampa Bay Bucs.
Cart Bag.
It’s where I live now.

Rick

#13 BIG STU

BIG STU

AGENT NAME: HUNTINGTON

• Members
  • 3,399 posts
  • LocationGarden City Beach SC
  • Handicap:5

Posted 11 October 2017 - 08:57 PM

No thanks I am not interested in anything promoting the NFL period-------- Sorry I love my flag and country.

Not trying to offend anyone just my thoughts

Driver Titleist 915 D-2 Mitsubishi Diamana 65 R
3 Wood Adams Super S--- Stock Bassara Regular Shaft
Hybrid--- TM Rescue Mid 19* Pro Launch Blue HY special

Hybrid ---- TM Rescue Mid 22* Stock TM tip stiff

Irons --- 4 thru PW 2013 Callaway X Forged Rifle 5,5 PXI Blueprinted

GW --- DSG Top Flite 52* Stock shaft

SW Cleveland CG 15 CC custom sole grind S-400 Bent to 57*

Putter Scotty Santa Fe 1997 vintage Nicknamed "Rusty" because it is

Bag Old School 2008 Titleist Mini Staff

Redneck Hippie Golf Where When The Tailgate Drops The BS Stops !

Founding Father Outlaw Golf Association member #1 to heck with the USGA

#14 Bjorns Boys

Bjorns Boys

JR. FIELD OPERATIVE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Handicap:6

Posted 11 October 2017 - 09:25 PM

Miami Dolphins, Cart Bag.   

Driver, Callaway BB 815: Fairway Wood, Callaway Big Bertha 816: Hybrid, Callaway Epic: Irons, Srixon Z565 Irons 5 to UW S Flex: Wedges, Callaway MD3, 54, 58. Callaway Forged 60 Putter, Odyssey O works, #1 Tank, counter balanced

#15 3piece

3piece

SPY ANALYST

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Handicap:12

Posted 11 October 2017 - 10:30 PM

Gotta go NY Giants for my son. stand bag.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsors

Our Sponsors

Latest Status Updates

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Our Sponsors