TESTERS WANTED! ×

Win a Wilson Golf NFL Golf Cart or Carry Bag

GolfSpy Dave

• SPY VIP

CONGRATS TO RANDOM WINNER Webz59!

See the end of the article for instructions on how you can win a Wilson NFL bag of your choice!

NFLSideBySide.jpg

Add Your Team To Your Game

Though we are a couple of weeks into the season, I am still riding the high of football's return. I love it when the college and NFL seasons start up each fall. Not totally sure why that's the case, but right around the end of August, early September, I start to dust off my football fan gear. Headcovers get swapped out, a new towel clips on, and the marker in my pocket likely features Sparky the Sun Devil, or a pirate wearing a helmet.

Whenever the TV asks me if I'm ready for some football, I reply with a definitive Hell Yes!

Wilson Now Has Your NFL Colors

nfllogos.jpg

Wilson Golf is now the officially licensed producer of NFL golf bags. What that means is that now when you sneak out for your pre-kickoff Sunday round, you can represent your team on the links. Whatever team you are behind, Wilson Golf has you covered.

That's right, Wilson has all NFL teams, in both cart and carry bag form.

More Than Just Logoed Bags

Wilson NFL Bags - 10.jpg

As I just said, these bags are available for all thirty-two NFL teams, and if you take a minute to cruise through the Wilson site, you'll see that these are not just the same bags with different patches, but rather bags that are fully designed to show your team colors and logos.

Vikings bags are purple, Packer bags are green and gold, and the Dolphin bag looks pretty impressive in green and orange. Perhaps even more impressive than the Dolphins themselves, so far. :(

West Coast Rivalry

Wilson NFL Bags - 6.jpg

I was able to take a closer look at a LA Rams carry bag, and a SF 49ers cart bag, and there were a number of things that impressed me right off the bat. Here are some of the highlights of my investigations.

Impressively Bold Style

Wilson NFL Bags - 11.jpg

I really didn't expect the colors on the bags to be so vibrant. The red and gold fabrics on the SF bag really pop. Even the Rams bag simpler blue and white scheme makes a bold statement.

Wilson NFL Bags - 12.jpg

While we definitely want our golf bags to be functional, for these bags, looks must be a solid part of the package. That's kind of the point, right? You want a bag that shows your team colors. You want a bag that looks good. If not, why are you buying one of these at all?

Wilson NFL Bags - 7.jpg

The logos on the bag are also pretty cool looking as they are all stitched logos as opposed to some kind of iron-on appliqué  This should add to the longevity of the bag, with the logos not peeling off over time.

Wilson NFL Bags - 13.jpg

Each bag is branded at multiple spots. You get the team mascot-type logo on the lower pocket, and then larger team logos on both sides of the bag. Again, these are all stitched, and they are pretty densely stitched, likely also adding to visual longevity.

Wilson NFL Bags - 9.jpg

One thing that you will not see on your NFL bag is a whole bunch of Wilson logos. It says Wilson once on the carry strap, and on a couple of the zipper pulls, but that's it. I think that Wilson has played this perfectly. These bags should look like NFL team bags made by Wilson, not Wilson bags that feature NFL teams. Kudos to Wilson for getting this exactly right.

Plus, They Are Functional Golf Bags

Wilson NFL Bags - 1.jpg

Odds are you are not looking to buy one of these so it can sit in the corner of your living room as a decoration. Not that doing so is a bad idea though as the cart bags would be solid rec room additions.

If you buy one of these, you are probably looking to use it on the course, and my initial feeling on these is that you will not be disappointed.

Carry Bag Specs

17-1590_US_NFL_Bag_CARRY_Tab3_640x480_FNL.jpg

NEW 9.5"× 8" TOP 

·      Exclusive handle

·      5-Way top

·      2 Full-length dividers 

EXTRA FEATURES 

·      4-Point ergonomic double strap 

·      Umbrella holder, Towel ring / glove holder, Rain hood 

QUICK STAND ACTION 

·      Lightweight stand 

·      Stay-flat base 

GREAT STORAGE / 7POCKETS 

·      1 Full-length garment pocket 

·      1 Velour valuables pocket 

·      2 Large Accessories pockets 

·      1 Insulated pocket 

·      1 Large open pocket for range finder or beverage 

·      2 Side mesh pockets 

WEIGHT 

·      4 lb / 1.8 kg 

MSRP

·      $129.99

Wilson NFL Bags - 3.jpg

The carry bag is light (4 pounds) and comfortable on the shoulders. Straps are sufficiently padded, easy to adjust, and the centerpiece connecting them adds another touch of NFL representation. You'll have no problem storing your stuff, and the five-way top should give you easy club in and out action.

Wilson NFL Bags - 14.jpg

It's worth noting too that the carry bag does not feature Wilson's Nexus system, with the leg extension and bottom following a more traditional compression system. Pushcart users should welcome this as it makes for much easier mounting, and even makes tossing it in a power cart less cumbersome.

Cart Bag Specs

17-1590_US_NFL_Bag_CART_Tab3_640x480_FNL.jpg

9.5" × 8.5" EXCLUSIVE TOP 

·      3 Side-lift handles

·      14-Way top 

·      14 Full-length dividers 

·      External putter well fits oversized grip 

EXTRA FEATURES 

·      Cart strap loop, umbrella holders

·      towel ring / glove holder

·      Padded strap

·      Rain hood 

GREAT STORAGE / 11 POCKETS 

·      2 Large full-length garment pockets 

·      3 Velour valuables pockets 

·      1 Large insulated pocket 

·      4 Large external accessories pockets 

·      2 Side mesh pockets 

TROLLEY BASE 

·      11” × 9”
• Trolley anchor 

WEIGHT 

·      5 lb / 2.3 kg 

MSRP

·      $159.99

Wilson NFL Bags - 8.jpg

The cart bag version weighs just a pound more when empty, but likely way more once you fill up all of the pockets. There are eleven expansive pockets, giving you more storage space than you'd find in a tiny house.

Getting to the most important bag feature: The Insulated Pocket. Like a champ, the insulated pocket will easily hold six beers and some ice, keeping you nice and hydrated, at least until you refill at the turn. Do you all use cart bags for reasons besides transporting beers? :D

The 14-way top has an interesting circular arrangement that may require some rearrangement if you swap from a pushcart to a riding cart, but that's not unusual for many bags.

All in all, I think that both of these will make excellent playing-golf bags. You are not sacrificing utility by going with a NFL aesthetic. Instead, you get a great combination of the two.

Win Your Own NFL Team Bag

Wilson NFL Bags - 2.jpg

Wilson Golf and MyGolfSpy want you to have one of these bags for your very own. All you need to do is reply to this thread with your team of choice, and if you would prefer a cart or carry bag. It's that simple. In a couple of weeks, we will be selecting a random responder to win the bag of his or her choice.

Stay tuned to the MyGolfSpy social media channels for additional ways to enter as well.

Good Luck!

CONGRATS TO RANDOM WINNER Webz59!

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New England Patriots carry bag..... FTW !

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

New York Giants (Go Big Blue!)

Cart bag

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

See the end of the article for instructions on how you can win a Wilson NFL bag of your choice!

attachicon.gifNFLSideBySide.jpg

Though we are a couple of weeks into the season, I am still riding the high of football's return. I love it when the college and NFL seasons start up each fall. Not totally sure why that's the case, but right around the end of August, early September, I start to dust off my football fan gear. Headcovers get swapped out, a new towel clips on, and the marker in my pocket likely features Sparky the Sun Devil, or a pirate wearing a helmet.

Whenever the TV asks me if I'm ready for some football, I reply with a definitive Hell Yes!

attachicon.gifnfllogos.jpg

Wilson Golf is now the officially licensed producer of NFL golf bags. What that means is that now when you sneak out for your pre-kickoff Sunday round, you can represent your team on the links. Whatever team you are behind, Wilson Golf has you covered.

attachicon.gifWilson NFL Bags - 10.jpg

As I just said, these bags are available for all thirty-two NFL teams, and if you take a minute to cruise through the Wilson site, you'll see that these are not just the same bags with different patches, but rather bags that are fully designed to show your team colors and logos.

Vikings bags are purple, Packer bags are green and gold, and the Dolphin bag looks pretty impressive in green and orange. Perhaps even more impressive than the Dolphins themselves, so far. :(

West Coast Rivalry

attachicon.gifWilson NFL Bags - 6.jpg

I was able to take a closer look at a LA Rams carry bag, and a SF 49ers cart bag, and there were a number of things that impressed me right off the bat. Here are some of the highlights of my investigations.

Impressively Bold Style

attachicon.gifWilson NFL Bags - 11.jpg

I really didn't expect the colors on the bags to be so vibrant. The red and gold fabrics on the SF bag really pop. Even the Rams bag simpler blue and white scheme makes a bold statement.

attachicon.gifWilson NFL Bags - 12.jpg

While we definitely want our golf bags to be functional, for these bags, looks must be a solid part of the package. That's kind of the point, right? You want a bag that shows your team colors. You want a bag that looks good. If not, why are you buying one of these at all?

attachicon.gifWilson NFL Bags - 7.jpg

The logos on the bag are also pretty cool looking as they are all stitched logos as opposed to some kind of iron-on appliqué This should add to the longevity of the bag, with the logos not peeling off over time.

attachicon.gifWilson NFL Bags - 13.jpg

Each bag is branded at multiple spots. You get the team mascot-type logo on the lower pocket, and then larger team logos on both sides of the bag. Again, these are all stitched, and they are pretty densely stitched, likely also adding to visual longevity.

attachicon.gifWilson NFL Bags - 9.jpg

One thing that you will not see on your NFL bag is a whole bunch of Wilson logos. It says Wilson once on the carry strap, and on a couple of the zipper pulls, but that's it. I think that Wilson has played this perfectly. These bags should look like NFL team bags made by Wilson, not Wilson bags that feature NFL teams. Kudos to Wilson for getting this exactly right.

attachicon.gifWilson NFL Bags - 1.jpg

Odds are you are not looking to buy one of these so it can sit in the corner of your living room as a decoration. Not that doing so is a bad idea though as the cart bags would be solid rec room additions.

If you buy one of these, you are probably looking to use it on the course, and my initial feeling on these is that you will not be disappointed.

Carry Bag Specs

attachicon.gif17-1590_US_NFL_Bag_CARRY_Tab3_640x480_FNL.jpg

NEW 9.5"× 8" TOP

· Exclusive handle

· 5-Way top

· 2 Full-length dividers

EXTRA FEATURES

· 4-Point ergonomic double strap

· Umbrella holder, Towel ring / glove holder, Rain hood

QUICK STAND ACTION

· Lightweight stand

· Stay-flat base

GREAT STORAGE / 7POCKETS

· 1 Full-length garment pocket

· 1 Velour valuables pocket

· 2 Large Accessories pockets

· 1 Insulated pocket

· 1 Large open pocket for range finder or beverage

· 2 Side mesh pockets

WEIGHT

· 4 lb / 1.8 kg

MSRP

· $129.99

attachicon.gifWilson NFL Bags - 3.jpg

The carry bag is light (4 pounds) and comfortable on the shoulders. Straps are sufficiently padded, easy to adjust, and the centerpiece connecting them adds another touch of NFL representation. You'll have no problem storing your stuff, and the five-way top should give you easy club in and out action.

attachicon.gifWilson NFL Bags - 14.jpg

It's worth noting too that the carry bag does not feature Wilson's Nexus system, with the leg extension and bottom following a more traditional compression system. Pushcart users should welcome this as it makes for much easier mounting, and even makes tossing it in a power cart less cumbersome.

Cart Bag Specs

attachicon.gif17-1590_US_NFL_Bag_CART_Tab3_640x480_FNL.jpg

· 3 Side-lift handles

· 14-Way top

· 14 Full-length dividers

· External putter well fits oversized grip

EXTRA FEATURES

· Cart strap loop, umbrella holders

· towel ring / glove holder

· Padded strap

· Rain hood

· 2 Large full-length garment pockets

· 3 Velour valuables pockets

· 1 Large insulated pocket

· 4 Large external accessories pockets

· 2 Side mesh pockets

TROLLEY BASE

· 11” × 9”
• Trolley anchor

WEIGHT

· 5 lb / 2.3 kg

MSRP

· $159.99

attachicon.gifWilson NFL Bags - 8.jpg

The cart bag version weighs just a pound more when empty, but likely way more once you fill up all of the pockets. There are eleven expansive pockets, giving you more storage space than you'd find in a tiny house.

Getting to the most important bag feature: The Insulated Pocket. Like a champ, the insulated pocket will easily hold six beers and some ice, keeping you nice and hydrated, at least until you refill at the turn. Do you all use cart bags for reasons besides transporting beers? :D

The 14-way top has an interesting circular arrangement that may require some rearrangement if you swap from a pushcart to a riding cart, but that's not unusual for many bags.

All in all, I think that both of these will make excellent playing-golf bags. You are not sacrificing utility by going with a NFL aesthetic. Instead, you get a great combination of the two.

attachicon.gifWilson NFL Bags - 2.jpg

Wilson Golf and MyGolfSpy want you to have one of these bags for your very own. All you need to do is reply to this thread with your team of choice, and if you would prefer a cart or carry bag. It's that simple. In a couple of weeks, we will be selecting a random responder to win the bag of his or her choice.

Stay tuned to the MyGolfSpy social media channels for additional ways to enter as well.

Good Luck!

Purple People Eaters VIKINGS- carry bag

Sent from my XT1635-01 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:cobra-small:             F7+ w/Fujikura Pro XLR8 Graphite Shaft

Ben_Hogan_Golf_Equipment_Company.jpg.b9602c912623c841ad9ad52593c15dee.jpg                3-I  MPF H-Series3B2M graphite Shaft w/Winn Dri-Tac grip mid

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

:cobra-small:             King F6 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie HQ4 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

:odyssey-small:           O-Putter 1W

This is rich. NFL and team Stand bags?

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I would love to have a Saints cart bag!

In my bag:

Callaway Epic Subzero with Aldila Rogue Max 75 Stiff shaft

Callaway Rogue Subzero with Project X Evenflow 6.0 75g stiff shaft

Callaway Rogue 3 Hybrid with Aldila Synergy 60 HYB stiff shaft

Callaway Apex irons (4-PW) with True Temper XP 95 stiff shafts

Callaway MD3 wedges (50/54/58)

SeeMore Original FGP

Bridgestone Tour B RX

Tampa Bay Bucs.

Cart Bag.

It's where I live now.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

No thanks I am not interested in anything promoting the NFL period-------- Sorry I love my flag and country.

Not trying to offend anyone just my thoughts

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Denver Broncos all the way.

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

West Coast Rivalry

Impressively Bold Style

The logos on the bag are also pretty cool looking as they are all stitched logos as opposed to some kind of iron-on appliqué This should add to the longevity of the bag, with the logos not peeling off over time.

Carry Bag Specs

NEW 9.5"× 8" TOP

· Exclusive handle

· 5-Way top

· 2 Full-length dividers

EXTRA FEATURES

QUICK STAND ACTION

· Lightweight stand

· Stay-flat base

GREAT STORAGE / 7POCKETS

· 1 Insulated pocket

· 2 Side mesh pockets

WEIGHT

· 4 lb / 1.8 kg

MSRP

· $129.99

Cart Bag Specs

· 3 Side-lift handles

· 14-Way top

EXTRA FEATURES

· Padded strap

· Rain hood

· 2 Side mesh pockets

TROLLEY BASE

· 11” × 9”
• Trolley anchor

WEIGHT

· 5 lb / 2.3 kg

MSRP

· $159.99

Good Luck!

Please send Green Bay Packer carry bag. Thanks!

Washington Redskins

Carry bag

WITB: 

Adams 9064LS 9.5* (until I cracked the face)

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Adams wedges: 52/7 56/13 60/7

Wilson Staff Infinite Southside putter/Odyssey DualForce 660 putter

West Coast Rivalry

Impressively Bold Style

Carry Bag Specs

NEW 9.5"× 8" TOP

· Exclusive handle

· 5-Way top

· 2 Full-length dividers

EXTRA FEATURES

QUICK STAND ACTION

· Lightweight stand

· Stay-flat base

GREAT STORAGE / 7POCKETS

· 1 Insulated pocket

· 2 Side mesh pockets

WEIGHT

· 4 lb / 1.8 kg

MSRP

· $129.99

Cart Bag Specs

· 3 Side-lift handles

· 14-Way top

EXTRA FEATURES

· Padded strap

· Rain hood

· 2 Side mesh pockets

TROLLEY BASE

· 11” × 9”
• Trolley anchor

WEIGHT

· 5 lb / 2.3 kg

MSRP

· $159.99

Good Luck!

Cincinnati Bengals Carry Bag

WITB

TaylorMade Sim 2 Max Driver Project X Evenflow Riptide CB 60G

PXG 0341X 3 Wood  Project X Evenflow Riptide CB 60G

PXG 0341X 5 Wood  Project X Evenflow Riptide CB 80G

PXG 0341X Hybrid 28 degree Project X Evenflow Riptide

PXG 0311 Gen 3P 5-PW Nippon NS Pro 850GH Regular

Titleist Volkey Special Grind 50 Nippon NS Pro 950GH Regular

Titleist Volkey Special Grind 60 Nippon NS Pro 950GH Regular

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 55 True Temper 105 Regular