• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Daily Deals

• Sponsors

• Our Sponsors

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    swagger100

• By YaBish86
      Look there is a ton of confusing information out there about pured shafts and if it actually matters. If it did i would think that every tour player would have it done. I’ve seen claims of yardage increases and various other claims are there any truths to it?
    • By Sgrant9607
      My son bought me a Ping g400 driver for christmas last year. Great club and I hit it way farther than my old BB, but only if I de-loft it to 9.5 (big minus setting), slow my swing down a bit and play it back in my stance (de-loft some more). Of course, anything other perfect timing and  its either snap hook or balloon like crazy. The shaft is an Alta 55 soft regular. I'm thinking this shaft is a little too soft for my swing (swing speed =95 mph). Here's where the bling squirrel comes in,  in Springfield ,IL your only options for anything Ping is Dick's or Scheels. Both are woefully lacking in any type of shaft to demo (each had 1 Alta in stiff only), so I'm here looking for any suggestions. Thanks in advance.
    • By Tomkgolf
      I was previously playing with a taylormade R15 driver 10.5° for which I was hitting terrible 90% of the time(hooks, slices and short) . This was before I realised what shaft flex it was so when I checked the shaft I realised it was a L flex. I was able to trade it in for a stiff flex Titleist 915 D2 driver and this sorted my problems out. What flex shaft do you use? Do other shafts mess your tee shots up? Let me know 🙂
    • By rattlergolfer
      ACCRA Shaft Cobra Tip 42.25 inches - NEW GRIP $75 OBO
      ACCRA Shaft DEMO - Fx260 M4 DYMTEC Cobra Tip NEW GRIP 42.25 inches - $75 OBO
      Kuro Kage Shaft 60g Stiff ST 65 Tour Z M4 43.25 Inches Cobra Tip NEW GRIP $75 OBO

• By Mr. Shank Dawg
      Great forum, great community, and I am sure one of the knowledgeable members has come across this question before (or, can point me in the right direction).  I have used the search bar some to pin point this topic to some effect, but haven't come across the answer that satisfies my curiosity.  I already know and understand a dynamic fitting and static fitting work best for shaft fitting and it's hard to beat a good (and patient) fitter.  
      My question pertains to online iron shaft fitting/recommendations from most of the shaft manufacturers and/or online fitting services: How relevant is a question regarding iron distance (say, 6i carry) when your current 6i loft and the set you are interested in purchasing is different?  I could ,theoretically, hit my 6i 170 yards using a 26* loft but only hit my buddies 6i 155 yards using 29*...these are just relative numbers to express a questionable point... with all other variables being the same (relatively speaking) but loft.
      My interpretation of the line of questions for iron shaft recommendation is that it is generating results based on flight and dispersion preferences along with swing speed/power/carry distance.  However, if my current 6i is 26* and is allowing me to move the ball 170yds down the fairway, how good is the online fitting tool going to be if the new set I am interested in has a more traditional loft to it?  Am I totally off base in this line of thinking?  Are the manufacturers shaft recommendations useless? 
      Again, I apologize if this has already been discussed ad nauseam.  Happy golfing!
  • Recent Topics

• Latest from the Blog

• Happy Birthday Today!