TESTERS WANTED! ×

Ditch the golf uniform

mruuska

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...it's funny... outside of the shoes I feel like I "dress for the course" a lot.

Most days I can just change my shoes, throw on a hat and go right to the course.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

I work in a "business casual" environment.  Rarely do circumstance require me to wear a shirt and tie.  Therefore, I basically dress for the golf course on a daily basis. 

Now, if I could figure out shoes, I wouldn't even need to swing through the locker room.

I work in a "business casual" environment.  Rarely do circumstance require me to wear a shirt and tie.  Therefore, I basically dress for the golf course on a daily basis. 

Now, if I could figure out shoes, I wouldn't even need to swing through the locker room.

I actually have a pair of the Footjoy Professional shoes for this very reason.  They look more like the business casual shoes, but they are also spikeless golf shoes.  Perfect combination for going straight from the office to the course. 

In my bag:

Callaway Epic Subzero with Aldila Rogue Max 75 Stiff shaft

Callaway Rogue Subzero with Project X Evenflow 6.0 75g stiff shaft

Callaway Rogue 3 Hybrid with Aldila Synergy 60 HYB stiff shaft

Callaway Apex irons (4-PW) with True Temper XP 95 stiff shafts

Callaway MD3 wedges (50/54/58)

SeeMore Original FGP

Bridgestone Tour B RX

I have worn the white belt on-course and I need to make the commitment to not do it again! Not because of this article, but I've always felt it was a little over the top. One's belt should match the shoes, but in golf, I try to match the belt to the shorts more often.

I wouldn't be caught dead with a pair of golf shoes off-course, UNLESS I am running into the grocery store, or grabbing a bite post-round, etc. Never as a part of a wardrobe off-course for sure!!!

Belts are expensive!!!! Who wants to spend $50 on about 10 different belts?! Sheesh. With the heat down here and sweating through the to the belt, most times I wear the cloth Nike belts that have the interchangeable buckle/clasp. No need to ruin $50 belts!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

... Fashion is a fools errand. You can never keep with current fashion. Don't get me wrong, it is totally cool to be in fashion or interested in keeping up with trends if it makes you happy. But just like golf clubs, clothing OEM's need to come up with new reasons for customers to buy new clothes, hence fashion. Got a big kick out of "sleeves should hit mid bicep and slightly hug your arms". Those of us old enough to have lived thru more than a few fashion trends remember when plaid, brightly colored pants and flashy colored tight fitting polyester shirts in the early 70's were the official uniform. Replaced with khaki pants and loose fitting single colored cotton polo's. Now 40 years later, plaid pants are back in and yup, tighter fitting flashy colored shirts.  White belts and shoes were mandatory for the fashion conscious and now they are out? I am still wearing black and brown belts like I always have depending on what I am wearing that day. 

... When I was in my mid 20's I had a boat on a lake in Columbus Ga and our wardrobe at that time was jeans or khaki's, tee shirts/polo's, white athletic socks and sneakers. This really cool old timer (probably my age now) wore half calf nylon black socks with leather sandals, polyester shorts and close fitting tank tops. We asked him why he dressed with such uncool clothes and he would be the sh!t if he changed his wardrobe. He LOL'ed and told us when we are his age we would be wearing what we are wearing now and the younger generation would want to know why we were so "uncool". There was wisdom in his words. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

I don't worry about "fashion". The stuff I wear works for me as it's probably considered classic or boring depending on your age. I don't wear bright colors much either. Just not my thing. My last white belt was called a Mod belt that became popular in the 60's. It's long gone.

I wear either white or black golf shoes. Mostly black during the winter months. I replace the fashion laces that come with shoes and string them with waxed laces. Those work.

I get a kick out of all the "dudes" at the course that get all dressed up in the latest fashions. And boy do they look pretty! LOL However, 99% of them couldn't break an egg if their life depended on it. At the other end of the spectrum are the old guys my age (62) dressing like they're 25. These poor slubs don't have any game either. And on top of it all they look ridiculous. LOL

Isn't life grand? :)

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I don't worry about "fashion". The stuff I wear works for me as it's probably considered classic or boring depending on your age. I don't wear bright colors much either. Just not my thing. My last white belt was called a Mod belt that became popular in the 60's. It's long gone.

I wear either white or black golf shoes. Mostly black during the winter months. I replace the fashion laces that come with shoes and string them with waxed laces. Those work.

I get a kick out of all the "dudes" at the course that get all dressed up in the latest fashions. And boy do they look pretty! LOL However, 99% of them couldn't break an egg if their life depended on it. At the other end of the spectrum are the old guys my age (62) dressing like they're 25. These poor slubs don't have any game either. And on top of it all they look ridiculous. LOL

Isn't life grand? :)

ROTFLMAO!!! My sentiments exactly. I have never in my 60 years owned a white belt. Always have worn heavy duty Western style belts not fancy but thick and tough. But being a big guy I wear my shirt tail out anyhow. I usually wear gray or dark blue shorts and what ever color of Golf shirt that fits me. Shoes currently both sets are freebies. My Nike are white with blue and green accent and the swoosh is blue. I have neon green laces in them that match the accents. The FJs are solid white but I have day glo pink laces in them. I bought them from a young lady selling them for Breast Cancer. She asked if I would really wear them. My wife assured her that I would because #1 I do not give a rip and #2 I lost my son to cancer. I actually ran into that young lady at the Cancer Booth at a charity scramble and yes I had the FJs with the pink laces on. I used to wear visors most of the time but a couple of years ago my wife bought me a Pukka brand floppy hat or bush hat for golf and I wear it. Back when I wore visors I would wear anything since my late friend Ralphie gave me maybe 50 visors. LOL I would like wear a Ping visor and not a Ping club in the bag. I can tell you some really good stories involving the prim and proper tourists and my ways of dress

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

ROTFLMAO!!! My sentiments exactly. I have never in my 60 years owned a white belt. Always have worn heavy duty Western style belts not fancy but thick and tough. But being a big guy I wear my shirt tail out anyhow. I usually wear gray or dark blue shorts and what ever color of Golf shirt that fits me. Shoes currently both sets are freebies. My Nike are white with blue and green accent and the swoosh is blue. I have neon green laces in them that match the accents. The FJs are solid white but I have day glo pink laces in them. I bought them from a young lady selling them for Breast Cancer. She asked if I would really wear them. My wife assured her that I would because #1 I do not give a rip and #2 I lost my son to cancer. I actually ran into that young lady at the Cancer Booth at a charity scramble and yes I had the FJs with the pink laces on. I used to wear visors most of the time but a couple of years ago my wife bought me a Pukka brand floppy hat or bush hat for golf and I wear it. Back when I wore visors I would wear anything since my late friend Ralphie gave me maybe 50 visors. LOL I would like wear a Ping visor and not a Ping club in the bag. I can tell you some really good stories involving the prim and proper tourists and my ways of dress

I was thinking if I had come up your way to stick a peg in the ground and saw you with pink laces in ya shoes, I might run the other way... :blink:   Then I finished your post and I am mighty proud of you for wearing those pink laces.  You da man STU!

I wear laid back  simple colors and I generally wear black shoes in the winter.  I don't like to go mud bogging in white stuff....

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

I respectfully disagree with this guy about white belts. They are not for everyone but some guys can pull off the look. I think the author has lost too much money to guys in white belts.

What's in my bag...

Driver:      TaylorMade R15 10.5• Aldila Rouge Black 60g stiff shaft

3 Wood:   TaylorMade R15 15• Aldila Rouge Black 70g stiff shaft

Hybrid:     TaylorMade  Rescue 4-21• Aldila Rip 65g stiff shaft

Irons:        TaylorMade  RSi TP Nippon NS Pro 950, stiff shaft

Wedges:   TaylorMade  50•, 54•, 58• Nippon NS Pro stiff shaft

Putter:      TaylorMade Ghost 

Ball:          Wilson DUO U

Bag:         TaylorMade 

I'm retired... wear what I want and it must be comfortable. Other than that I don't care.

I wear what I want when I want because that's what I want. Well unless the wife gets involved then we wear what we want.

I can't remember the last time I wore anything but shorts & golf shirt or a tee shirt.

Retirement is a beautiful thing.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Pretty good read.

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

Nah, I wear a white belt most of the time. Bright colors are my go to. Wear what makes you feel good because sometimes your game sure doesn't.

Bag: Bennington Quiet Organizer 9-Lite (link)

Cart: :Clicgear: 3.5+

Driver:  :cobra-small:  F9 speedback, Accra iWood

Woods:  Sonartec GS Tour 14*, Fujikura Six S
DI:  :titelist-small:  T-MB 2 iron, KBS Tour-V 120 X,
Irons: :Miura: PP-9003SN 4-GW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Wedges: :Miura: 1957 K-grind SW, LW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Putter: :odyssey-small: EXO Indianapolis (link)
Ball: :Snell: MTB

I wear what I want when I want because that's what I want. Well unless the wife gets involved then we wear what we want.

I can't remember the last time I wore anything but shorts & golf shirt or a tee shirt.

Retirement is a beautiful thing.

Amen bruther!

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Good article on how to maximize your golf wardrobe and transition from course to street.

https://golf-threads.com/2017/10/11/maximize-golf-wardrobe/

LOL nice blog self-promotion bro.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Thanks for posting this article. I read it and agree with some of it, (wait for it) BUT I think this article is targeted for the young golfers. As a middle aged man, I will never wear skinny pants or flat brimmed caps. I don't think any middle aged male should.

Mizuno JPX EZ driver

Taylormade SLDR HL 3 wood

Mizuno JPX EZ hybrids 3 & 4

Mizuno JPX EZ Irons 4-G

Titleist SM6 Vokey wedge 54.10

Odyssey White Hot Pro V-line putter

Thanks for posting this article. I read it and agree with some of it, (wait for it) BUT I think this article is targeted for the young golfers. As a middle aged man, I will never wear skinny pants or flat brimmed caps. I don't think any middle aged male should.

Bingo!! Exactly!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Being one of the young golfers the article is referring to, I'd like to clear away any association between myself and skinny pants, or flat brim hats.

Sent from my E6853 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Mens clothes is mens clothes and not much has changed in 30 years. Unless your JT or Rickie or someone on the smaller slimmer side I disagree with the pants. Loose fitting and light, resting on the shoe tops. That has been the style for ages, only the young hipsters wear that stuff. The rest of us need more flexability and er...ball room.

Sent from my SM-G935P using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

I like the white belt. I wear mine often. I'm 34 and it can pull all kinds of clothes together.

:wilson_staff_small:  Cortex w/MGS Motore X F1 7X tipped 1"

:wilson_staff_small: F5 17 degree hybrid w/Rogue Black 85X

:wilson_staff_small:C300 Forged 3-5 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6 5-6 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Blade 7-PW w/C-Taper 130X

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52, 56, 60 w/S400 Tour Issue

:EVNROLL: ER7

I love what he said about the white belts

I have worn the white belt on-course and I need to make the commitment to not do it again! Not because of this article, but I've always felt it was a little over the top. One's belt should match the shoes, but in golf, I try to match the belt to the shorts more often.
I'm still gonna wear my white belt ☺
White belts and shoes were mandatory for the fashion conscious and now they are out? I am still wearing black and brown belts like I always have depending on what I am wearing that day
My last white belt was called a Mod belt that became popular in the 60's. It's long gone.
ROTFLMAO!!! My sentiments exactly. I have never in my 60 years owned a white belt. Always have worn heavy duty Western style belts not fancy but thick and tough.
I respectfully disagree with this guy about white belts. They are not for everyone but some guys can pull off the look. I think the author has lost too much money to guys in white belts.
Nah, I wear a white belt most of the time. Bright colors are my go to. Wear what makes you feel good because sometimes your game sure doesn't.
I like the white belt. I wear mine often. I'm 34 and it can pull all kinds of clothes together.

Wow! This should be renamed the "white belt thread." Lots of opinions on this item of clothing.

Here's a fun thing I have: a belt that can be flipped between white and black. I wear the black side at work then flip it to white for golf after work. Something about being on the golf course (or playing any sport for that matter) just demands a little more flash than everyday life. Once the round is over, I flip it back to black if I need to go to the store.

Edit: Turn your phone landscape if the quotes look wonky.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

I want to dress respectable on the course, after all it is a gentlemen's game.  I would much prefer to bring attention to myself through my play than through my attire. 

:ping-small: S57 DG S300 stiff

:taylormade-small:  M1 430 8.5 Matrix Black Tie 

:ping-small:  Tour Wedges stiff

:taylormade-small:  SLDR 16* mini driver Fuji Speeder stiff

:taylormade-small: SLDR 21* hybrid Fuji Speeder stiff

:cameron-small: Futura  Superstroke mid slim 2.0

:taylormade-small:  project (a) #7's

How's this?

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

How's this?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BaMe674lgJ2/" style=" color:#000; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; font-style:normal; font-weight:normal; line-height:17px; text-decoration:none; word-wrap:break-word;" target="_blank">Gotta dress the part when you play in an event called The British #golfstagram #instagolf #golf #golfing #mygolfspy #golfwrx #knickers

A post shared by Brian Meyer (@golfspy_meyer) on

There's some things that can't be “unseen”

Rick

Left Hand, 

Don't wear white belts but I do have the Vineyard Vines Skull belt pictured in the article.

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

Powder blue alligator skin is my next belt purchase

Bag: Bennington Quiet Organizer 9-Lite (link)

Cart: :Clicgear: 3.5+

Driver:  :cobra-small:  F9 speedback, Accra iWood

Woods:  Sonartec GS Tour 14*, Fujikura Six S
DI:  :titelist-small:  T-MB 2 iron, KBS Tour-V 120 X,
Irons: :Miura: PP-9003SN 4-GW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Wedges: :Miura: 1957 K-grind SW, LW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Putter: :odyssey-small: EXO Indianapolis (link)
Ball: :Snell: MTB

Haven't worn a white belt since the disco, leisure,suit era in the 70's.I usually wear khaki or black shortas in the summer and Khaki slacks in the fall and winter with a brown or black belt.

Sent from my SM-G900V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver :cobra-small: King F6 matrix White Tie shaft

3 Wood : :taylormade-small: Rocketballz 15* Matrix Ozik X-con5

5 wood :taylormade-small: Rocketballz 19* Matrix Ozik X-con5

Hybrid :taylormade-small: Burner 3H , :cobra-small: King F7 4-5 hybrid

Irons  6-PW :cobra-small:  King Cobra SZ

wedges  :cleveland-small: CG16 52*,56*

Putter :odyssey-small:  Sabertooth

Ball :srixon-small: Tour yellow Q Star or :callaway-small: Chrome Soft yellow/black Truvis

Archived