Ditch the golf uniform

Our Sponsors

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

... Fashion is a fools errand. You can never keep with current fashion. Don't get me wrong, it is totally cool to be in fashion or interested in keeping up with trends if it makes you happy. But just

I'm retired... wear what I want and it must be comfortable.  Other than that I don't care.

I don't worry about "fashion". The stuff I wear works for me as it's probably considered classic or boring depending on your age. I don't wear bright colors much either. Just not my thing. My last whi

Posted Images

...it's funny... outside of the shoes I feel like I "dress for the course" a lot.

Most days I can just change my shoes, throw on a hat and go right to the course.

• Like 3

G410 LST | King F7 | 818 H2 | Srixon Z785 | ZipCore | Newport 3

I work in a "business casual" environment.  Rarely do circumstance require me to wear a shirt and tie.  Therefore, I basically dress for the golf course on a daily basis. 

Now, if I could figure out shoes, I wouldn't even need to swing through the locker room.

• Like 2

I work in a "business casual" environment.  Rarely do circumstance require me to wear a shirt and tie.  Therefore, I basically dress for the golf course on a daily basis. 

Now, if I could figure out shoes, I wouldn't even need to swing through the locker room.

I actually have a pair of the Footjoy Professional shoes for this very reason.  They look more like the business casual shoes, but they are also spikeless golf shoes.  Perfect combination for going straight from the office to the course. 

• Like 1

In my bag:

Callaway Epic Subzero with Aldila Rogue Max 75 Stiff shaft

Callaway Rogue Subzero with Project X Evenflow 6.0 75g stiff shaft

Callaway Rogue 3 Hybrid with Aldila Synergy 60 HYB stiff shaft

Callaway Apex irons (4-PW) with True Temper XP 95 stiff shafts

Callaway MD3 wedges (50/54/58)

SeeMore Original FGP

Bridgestone Tour B RX

I have worn the white belt on-course and I need to make the commitment to not do it again! Not because of this article, but I've always felt it was a little over the top. One's belt should match the shoes, but in golf, I try to match the belt to the shorts more often.

I wouldn't be caught dead with a pair of golf shoes off-course, UNLESS I am running into the grocery store, or grabbing a bite post-round, etc. Never as a part of a wardrobe off-course for sure!!!

Belts are expensive!!!! Who wants to spend $50 on about 10 different belts?! Sheesh. With the heat down here and sweating through the to the belt, most times I wear the cloth Nike belts that have the interchangeable buckle/clasp. No need to ruin $50 belts!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Driver: :honma: TR20 460, :Fuji: Ventus Black 70X

Fwy: :titelist-small: TS3, 15*, Veylix Rome 888 X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4/5, Tour V 6-10, Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Platinum M5 HT Mallet, 36"

... Fashion is a fools errand. You can never keep with current fashion. Don't get me wrong, it is totally cool to be in fashion or interested in keeping up with trends if it makes you happy. But just like golf clubs, clothing OEM's need to come up with new reasons for customers to buy new clothes, hence fashion. Got a big kick out of "sleeves should hit mid bicep and slightly hug your arms". Those of us old enough to have lived thru more than a few fashion trends remember when plaid, brightly colored pants and flashy colored tight fitting polyester shirts in the early 70's were the official uniform. Replaced with khaki pants and loose fitting single colored cotton polo's. Now 40 years later, plaid pants are back in and yup, tighter fitting flashy colored shirts.  White belts and shoes were mandatory for the fashion conscious and now they are out? I am still wearing black and brown belts like I always have depending on what I am wearing that day. 

... When I was in my mid 20's I had a boat on a lake in Columbus Ga and our wardrobe at that time was jeans or khaki's, tee shirts/polo's, white athletic socks and sneakers. This really cool old timer (probably my age now) wore half calf nylon black socks with leather sandals, polyester shorts and close fitting tank tops. We asked him why he dressed with such uncool clothes and he would be the sh!t if he changed his wardrobe. He LOL'ed and told us when we are his age we would be wearing what we are wearing now and the younger generation would want to know why we were so "uncool". There was wisdom in his words. 

• Like 8

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM Max ... Diamana Limited 55R
Utility:   Callaway Super Hybrid 17*   ... Diamana Limited 65R
               TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Limited 65R
Irons:    4-Gw Titleist T100-S ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
Wedges:  SM6 52* F Grind ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
                 SM7D & SM8M 58* ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
Putter:  Newport 2.5 at 33.5"
Ball:  TaylorMade TP5

I'm retired... wear what I want and it must be comfortable.  Other than that I don't care.

• Like 7

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I don't worry about "fashion". The stuff I wear works for me as it's probably considered classic or boring depending on your age. I don't wear bright colors much either. Just not my thing. My last white belt was called a Mod belt that became popular in the 60's. It's long gone.

I wear either white or black golf shoes. Mostly black during the winter months. I replace the fashion laces that come with shoes and string them with waxed laces. Those work.

I get a kick out of all the "dudes" at the course that get all dressed up in the latest fashions. And boy do they look pretty! LOL However, 99% of them couldn't break an egg if their life depended on it. At the other end of the spectrum are the old guys my age (62) dressing like they're 25. These poor slubs don't have any game either. And on top of it all they look ridiculous. LOL

Isn't life grand? :)

• Like 7

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I don't worry about "fashion". The stuff I wear works for me as it's probably considered classic or boring depending on your age. I don't wear bright colors much either. Just not my thing. My last white belt was called a Mod belt that became popular in the 60's. It's long gone.

I wear either white or black golf shoes. Mostly black during the winter months. I replace the fashion laces that come with shoes and string them with waxed laces. Those work.

I get a kick out of all the "dudes" at the course that get all dressed up in the latest fashions. And boy do they look pretty! LOL However, 99% of them couldn't break an egg if their life depended on it. At the other end of the spectrum are the old guys my age (62) dressing like they're 25. These poor slubs don't have any game either. And on top of it all they look ridiculous. LOL

Isn't life grand? :)

ROTFLMAO!!! My sentiments exactly. I have never in my 60 years owned a white belt. Always have worn heavy duty Western style belts not fancy but thick and tough. But being a big guy I wear my shirt tail out anyhow. I usually wear gray or dark blue shorts and what ever color of Golf shirt that fits me. Shoes currently both sets are freebies. My Nike are white with blue and green accent and the swoosh is blue. I have neon green laces in them that match the accents. The FJs are solid white but I have day glo pink laces in them. I bought them from a young lady selling them for Breast Cancer. She asked if I would really wear them. My wife assured her that I would because #1 I do not give a rip and #2 I lost my son to cancer. I actually ran into that young lady at the Cancer Booth at a charity scramble and yes I had the FJs with the pink laces on. I used to wear visors most of the time but a couple of years ago my wife bought me a Pukka brand floppy hat or bush hat for golf and I wear it. Back when I wore visors I would wear anything since my late friend Ralphie gave me maybe 50 visors. LOL I would like wear a Ping visor and not a Ping club in the bag. I can tell you some really good stories involving the prim and proper tourists and my ways of dress

• Like 5

Driver Homna  G1- X Stock Homna Regular shaft

4 wood Adams Tight Lies 

5 wood Adams Tight Lies 

24* Hybrid Adams A 10-OS Pro Launch Red R

Irons 5 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW- Wilson Staff JP II 56* shaft unknown

Putter 1997 Santa Fe rusty as heck

ROTFLMAO!!! My sentiments exactly. I have never in my 60 years owned a white belt. Always have worn heavy duty Western style belts not fancy but thick and tough. But being a big guy I wear my shirt tail out anyhow. I usually wear gray or dark blue shorts and what ever color of Golf shirt that fits me. Shoes currently both sets are freebies. My Nike are white with blue and green accent and the swoosh is blue. I have neon green laces in them that match the accents. The FJs are solid white but I have day glo pink laces in them. I bought them from a young lady selling them for Breast Cancer. She asked if I would really wear them. My wife assured her that I would because #1 I do not give a rip and #2 I lost my son to cancer. I actually ran into that young lady at the Cancer Booth at a charity scramble and yes I had the FJs with the pink laces on. I used to wear visors most of the time but a couple of years ago my wife bought me a Pukka brand floppy hat or bush hat for golf and I wear it. Back when I wore visors I would wear anything since my late friend Ralphie gave me maybe 50 visors. LOL I would like wear a Ping visor and not a Ping club in the bag. I can tell you some really good stories involving the prim and proper tourists and my ways of dress

I was thinking if I had come up your way to stick a peg in the ground and saw you with pink laces in ya shoes, I might run the other way... :blink:   Then I finished your post and I am mighty proud of you for wearing those pink laces.  You da man STU!

I wear laid back  simple colors and I generally wear black shoes in the winter.  I don't like to go mud bogging in white stuff....

• Like 1

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway Epic Flash 3 hybrid
Callaway Big Bertha 2019  4 & 5 hybrid 
Tommy Armour 845 MAX 6 - GW Irons
Cleveland CBX 2 54 Degree SW
Cleveland CBX Full-Face Wedge 58 degree
Odyssey Arm Lock Putter 42 inch

I respectfully disagree with this guy about white belts. They are not for everyone but some guys can pull off the look. I think the author has lost too much money to guys in white belts.

• Like 3
What's in my bag...

Driver:      TaylorMade R15 10.5• Aldila Rouge Black 60g stiff shaft

3 Wood:   TaylorMade R15 15• Aldila Rouge Black 70g stiff shaft

Hybrid:     TaylorMade  Rescue 4-21• Aldila Rip 65g stiff shaft

Irons:        TaylorMade  RSi TP Nippon NS Pro 950, stiff shaft

Wedges:   TaylorMade  50•, 54•, 58• Nippon NS Pro stiff shaft

Putter:      TaylorMade Ghost 

Ball:          Wilson DUO U

Bag:         TaylorMade 

I'm retired... wear what I want and it must be comfortable. Other than that I don't care.

I wear what I want when I want because that's what I want. Well unless the wife gets involved then we wear what we want.

I can't remember the last time I wore anything but shorts & golf shirt or a tee shirt.

Retirement is a beautiful thing.

• Like 3

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Pretty good read.

:cobra-small: King F7+ UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 6F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 6-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:cobra-small: King PuR Wedges 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 3.0 grip

Arccos Generation 1 Sensors on all clubs

Snell MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

Nah, I wear a white belt most of the time. Bright colors are my go to. Wear what makes you feel good because sometimes your game sure doesn't.

• Like 1

Bag: Bennington Quiet Organizer 9-Lite (link)

Cart: :Clicgear: 3.5+

Driver:  :cobra-small:  F9 speedback, Accra iWood

Woods:  Sonartec GS Tour 14*, Fujikura Six S
DI:  :titelist-small:  T-MB 2 iron, KBS Tour-V 120 X,
Irons: :Miura: PP-9003SN 4-GW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Wedges: :Miura: 1957 K-grind SW, LW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Putter: :odyssey-small: EXO Indianapolis (link)
Ball: :Snell: MTB

I wear what I want when I want because that's what I want. Well unless the wife gets involved then we wear what we want.

I can't remember the last time I wore anything but shorts & golf shirt or a tee shirt.

Retirement is a beautiful thing.

Amen bruther!

• Like 1

Callaway  Epic Flash 10.5 Driver
Callaway Epic Flash 3 hybrid
Callaway Big Bertha 2019  4 & 5 hybrid 
Tommy Armour 845 MAX 6 - GW Irons
Cleveland CBX 2 54 Degree SW
Cleveland CBX Full-Face Wedge 58 degree
Odyssey Arm Lock Putter 42 inch

Good article on how to maximize your golf wardrobe and transition from course to street.

https://golf-threads.com/2017/10/11/maximize-golf-wardrobe/

LOL nice blog self-promotion bro.

• Like 4

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max 10.5 Fujikura Motore X F3 5S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue 75S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50 Mid | 54 Full S-grind | 58 Low Relief Grind Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1, 34.5", BGT Stability Tour, 71* lie angle, Press II 3* Grip | :EVNROLL: ER5 BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X

Thanks for posting this article. I read it and agree with some of it, (wait for it) BUT I think this article is targeted for the young golfers. As a middle aged man, I will never wear skinny pants or flat brimmed caps. I don't think any middle aged male should.

• Like 5

Mizuno JPX EZ driver

Taylormade SLDR HL 3 wood

Mizuno JPX EZ hybrids 3 & 4

Mizuno JPX EZ Irons 4-G

Titleist SM6 Vokey wedge 54.10

Odyssey White Hot Pro V-line putter

Thanks for posting this article. I read it and agree with some of it, (wait for it) BUT I think this article is targeted for the young golfers. As a middle aged man, I will never wear skinny pants or flat brimmed caps. I don't think any middle aged male should.

Bingo!! Exactly!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list