Ditch the golf uniform

mruuska

Especially when you count earrings singly!

WITB: 

Adams 9064LS 9.5* (until I cracked the face)

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Adams wedges: 52/7 56/13 60/7

Wilson Staff Infinite Southside putter/Odyssey DualForce 660 putter

• 2 months later...

Good article on golf  wear.  I am pretty old school, when it comes to dressing up for the course. My colors vary, mostly blues,grays, but will venture into red and green, and others.. Pants are usually black, gray, navy blue or tan. No white or red pants for me. They look fine on other guys, just not me. The old school part really comes into play on this aspect of dress. 50 or so years ago, when my late Father started me into golf, his words still ring in my ears..."Dungarees are for the farm, and shorts are for the beach." So from then until now, I have never worn either on the course. Having legs like a chicken, swayed  me away from shorts , also. I was surprised to hear after Justin Thomas's great year, he did not wear shorts on the course, either. To all those, that wear shorts, I have not one problem with it. You look fine, and your legs look better than mine. Jeans on the other hand, are still absolutely,unequivocally taboo, to me, still.

• Like 1
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Driver   :bridgestone-small:     JGR 9.5 R Flex Adila 65        

3 Wood  :callaway-logo-1:            XR RFlex Fujikura Evolution

5 Wood :callaway-logo-1:            XR R Flex Project X 5.5                                     

7Wood  :adams-small:    Speedline LP R Flex Matix HD Radix 5.1                                                                                                           Irons      :bridgestone-small:   4 thru A Wedge  J-15 CB R Flex NS Pro                                                                                                             Wedges :cleveland-small:              56 CG 15                                                                                                                                                                           XE!                      65                                                                                                                                                                       Putter      :EVNROLL:         ER 5  Hatchback                                                                                                                                                Ball          :titelist-small:                 NXT Tour S                                                                                                                                      

I found that most people (men and women) dress appropriately on the courses I've played. We never wear jeans except in the off season - 45* temps are a little tough on shorts or long golf pants.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Good article on golf wear. I am pretty old school, when it comes to dressing up for the course. My colors vary, mostly blues,grays, but will venture into red and green, and others.. Pants are usually black, gray, navy blue or tan. No white or red pants for me. They look fine on other guys, just not me. The old school part really comes into play on this aspect of dress. 50 or so years ago, when my late Father started me into golf, his words still ring in my ears..."Dungarees are for the farm, and shorts are for the beach." So from then until now, I have never worn either on the course. Having legs like a chicken, swayed me away from shorts , also. I was surprised to hear after Justin Thomas's great year, he did not wear shorts on the course, either. To all those, that wear shorts, I have not one problem with it. You look fine, and your legs look better than mine. Jeans on the other hand, are still absolutely,unequivocally taboo, to me, still.

Jeans are acceptable attire here and there is a relatively strict code, why? Rumor is The founder of the Villages ALWAYS wore jeans and years ago when they started the courses he allowed jeans. His dollars his rules.[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Jeans are acceptable attire here and there is a relatively strict code, why? Rumor is The founder of the Villages ALWAYS wore jeans and years ago when they started the courses he allowed jeans. His dollars his rules.[emoji106]

I'm still old school also. Blue seems predominant color. I don't ever want to look like an old Rodney Dangerfield.[emoji33]

• Like 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

I'm old, I wear what I want, lol. I have a lot of polos, all different designs and colours. My wife travels for work fairly frequently and usually gets me a golf shirt or two. I do tend to wear a lot of black, jackets and pants that is. Most of the shorts I wear are plaid. No white belts though.

• Like 2

Driver: Cobra F8 Tour length

3W: Cobra King F7 3/4 Wood

5W: Cobra King F7 5/6 Wood

Hybrid 3/4: Cobra F7 20.5*

Irons: 5 to PW Taylormade P790

A Wedge: 48* Vokey SM6 F grind

S Wedge: 54* Vokey SM6 M grind

L Wedge: 58* Vokey SM6 M grind

Putter: Rife Two Bar Hybrid 35" P2 Aware Tour grip

Ball: Taylormade TP 5X

Bag: Hot Z Canadian flag 🇨🇦

When I got to FL 6 years ago I went to one of the practice greens to do a little chipping & putting. I had decent shorts and an up scale T shirt, no printing of stupid saying just a clean T. Up comes a Ranger a Fred a while and started a conversation and realized I had just moved in that week and had not even played a round as yet. Well it seems someone ratted me out to the Ranger as a rule breaker for not having a collared shirt. He told to finish practicing no rush but gotta have a collar. He was apologetic and seemed embarrassed.

• Like 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

When I got to FL 6 years ago I went to one of the practice greens to do a little chipping & putting. I had decent shorts and an up scale T shirt, no printing of stupid saying just a clean T. Up comes a Ranger a Fred a while and started a conversation and realized I had just moved in that week and had not even played a round as yet. Well it seems someone ratted me out to the Ranger as a rule breaker for not having a collared shirt. He told to finish practicing no rush but gotta have a collar. He was apologetic and seemed embarrassed.

My one local course I like to practice at didn't even let me buy coins for the ball dispenser because I was wearing a t-shirt. They made me go find a polo in my truck before they would give me the coins.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

My one local course I like to practice at didn't even let me buy coins for the ball dispenser because I was wearing a t-shirt. They made me go find a polo in my truck before they would give me the coins.

same thing here on the ranges which I understand, kinda. But the putting green I was on is an obscure neighborhood green. Rules are rules.

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

I wonder why golf has such an elitist stigma attached to it? :rolleyes:

• Like 3

Seriously? A collared shirt at a driving range?? Wow...

Wonder what they would have said if you were wearing one of those new Nike shirts without a collar.

Sent from a bunker filled with mana

• Like 1

(D) G410 LST | (3) SpeedZone Big Tour | (5) TM Sim Max | (H) Titleist 818 H2 | (I) Z785 | (W) ZipCore | (P) Cleveland Premier HB 11

I'm not a fan of jeans on the course. Also, if I go to the golf course driving range, I'll wear the collared shirt. If I'm at the range just down the street is casual

• Like 1

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Ben Hogan GS53 3 Wood

Cobra Fly-Z Hybrid 18.5

Titleist 816 H1 23

PING G30 5-PW

Cleveland RTX 3.0 50/10 V-MG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 54/14  V-FG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 58/12 V -FG

EVNROLL ER-3

Seriously? A collared shirt at a driving range?? Wow...

Wonder what they would have said if you were wearing one of those new Nike shirts without a collar.

I'm pretty sure I posted this before, but I remember playing a new course here in the Bay Area in wintertime back in the early 2000's, when David Duval was at the top of his game. It was an expensive round of golf, around $100 but my buddy heard it was a great new course and we should play it.

So I go to check in wearing nice slacks, a Nike David Duval mock turtleneck and a Ping golf jacket. The guy working tells me I need a collared shirt. I'm wearing a shirt from the Nike Golf Collection and it's under a jacket so no one is even going to see it but the jack**s is hassling me about a collared shirt, in February!

Never went back and now I get a laugh whenever I get an email from them with all their discounted greens fees. Guess business isn't so good.

Now, it's my tan or grey flat front dad pants from Old Navy or cargo shorts and whatever collared golf shirts I find on sale.

I wear flannel shirts almost everyday in the winter, I think those need to make it into my golf wardrobe soon. [emoji16]

• Like 4

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter

I'm pretty sure I posted this before, but I remember playing a new course here in the Bay Area in wintertime back in the early 2000's, when David Duval was at the top of his game. It was an expensive round of golf, around $100 but my buddy heard it was a great new course and we should play it.

So I go to check in wearing nice slacks, a Nike David Duval mock turtleneck and a Ping golf jacket. The guy working tells me I need a collared shirt. I'm wearing a shirt from the Nike Golf Collection and it's under a jacket so no one is even going to see it but the jack**s is hassling me about a collared shirt, in February!

Never went back and now I get a laugh whenever I get an email from them with all their discounted greens fees. Guess business isn't so good.

Now, it's my tan or grey flat front dad pants from Old Navy or cargo shorts and whatever collared golf shirts I find on sale.

I wear flannel shirts almost everyday in the winter, I think those need to make it into my golf wardrobe soon. [emoji16]

Had not heard that... hilarious... Golf can be really dumb sometimes.

• Like 2

(D) G410 LST | (3) SpeedZone Big Tour | (5) TM Sim Max | (H) Titleist 818 H2 | (I) Z785 | (W) ZipCore | (P) Cleveland Premier HB 11

Do you play baseball without a baseball hat? Football without pads? Soccer without “soccer shorts”? Fence without that cool mask? Drive nascar without that fire proof suit? Sky dive without a parachute? Dive without oxygen?

I wouldn't.

• Like 2

Do you play baseball without a baseball hat? Football without pads? Soccer without “soccer shorts”? Fence without that cool mask? Drive nascar without that fire proof suit? Sky dive without a parachute? Dive without oxygen?

I wouldn't.

I see where you coming from and most times I hit the range I will wear what I play in. My post was I just wanted to buy the coins for the dispenser and couldn't.

• Like 2