BRAND NEW SPY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationNelson, BC
  • Handicap:8

Posted 16 October 2017 - 07:48 PM

Welcome aboard from Texas

I have a mat and cheap net in the garage, hopefully I’ll be able to add skytrack or another type of launch monitor soon.

Thanks man. I've been doing some research on launch monitors...not cheap. I'll look into one called the Mevo by Flightscope. It's $500. I'll keep you posted.

#17 drsdt

drsdt

BRAND NEW SPY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationNelson, BC
  • Handicap:8

Posted 16 October 2017 - 07:52 PM

I think I did a welcome in another thread.  

Work on flexibility exercises.  You will be amazed what they will do for your game when spring comes.  My other suggestion is if you set up a swing station to use, you should also set up a video camera or iPhone to capture your swing from down-the-line and face-on.  Have your local instructor or pro check them from time to time.  If you are doing something wrong, and you do it for 6 months, you could end up worse than not doing anything over the winter.  

Great suggestion. Thanks Kenny. I'll start my flexibility/mobility and strength training/conditioning next week.

Totally agree. 6 months of reinforcing bad habits would be pretty devastating. I've found a pro in the UK - Dan Whittaker. He coaches Rick Shiels and Peter Finch. I've been in contact and will try for something like monthly lessons.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsors

Our Sponsors

Latest Status Updates

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Our Sponsors