deejaid

Do you chip with a wood?

I will use my 22 degree hybrid from off the green particularly if there is a false front and its fairway all the way. I do practice with it.

I used to use 5 wood if I faced a steep uphill shot to a tight pin. I don't carry 5 wood any more so now I use 7 or 8 iron for that shot.

My club has a killer short game area - I try to work on these types of shots once a month.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Well, since I started this thread last fall, my bag has changed considerably and my short game with it. Since switching to the Hogan Ft Worth Irons/ TK wedge set my chipping has improved greatly. Now that I no longer need to worry about bounce on my wedges, I simply look at how much roll out I have available and choose the iron/wedge accordingly. The seemless transition from irons to wedges make chipping with different clubs easy. I was always scared of the fat chip, now with the V Soles I never worry about it. I've eliminated the wood/hybrid as a chipping option as I never got comfortable with it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk