TESTERS WANTED! ×

G400 vs P-790 vs Srixon 565 vs 718 AP1

kaexo

Even though I haven't hit any of these clubs, based on reading about them and club lineage, I would bet their forgiveness is very close. Ping does seem to hang their hat on forgiveness though, so I would imagine those would give you the most help.

The P790's are supposed to be unreal, and just rocket launchers if hit on the sweet spot. However it is generally being considered (and marketed) as a better players club, so you likely won't get as much forgiveness but may receive a boost in spin or ball speed. 

The Srixon's did beat the AP1's and the Ping G's in the most wanted GI iron test this year, but considering those were last generations models, it's possible they have since passed them. Regardless, you probably can't go wrong with any of those GI irons. Based on looks, I would go Srixon. My 2cents

WITB

Driver- PING G400 LST w/ Project X Evenflow Black

Fwy- TM Aeroburner 16.5HL

Irons- Callaway Steelhead XR (3-PW)

Wedges- Callaway MD3 (50,54,58)

Putter- Cleveland TFI Satin Cero

Ball-  Snell MTB-X

I have the 565 and habe demoed the G400 and AP1 and drooled over the 790

As Jlukes said. Not a bad iron in that bunch. Of the 3 I had experience with. I would go with the AP1 (and did) if you combine, looks, distance, feel and forgiveness. It would score collectively higher for me.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Just put 790's in the bag a couple weeks ago and they are fantastic!! I would recommend checking lofts against your previous set though because the lofts come strong. When they're hit center, they launch!! They'll take some adjustment time because I've found even having them set 2 degrees weak from standard, they're still about a half club longer than my apex pros. The feel is surprisingly soft. I've recommended them to everyone who's been drooling over them!

Archived