TESTERS WANTED! ×

Your early opinions on Player of the Year?

Moecat

Its really hard to argue with the Ryder cup points standings, other than FIGJAM.... in no particular order...

Hunter Mahan

Bubba Watson

Jim Furyk

Steve Stricker

Dustin Johnson

Jeff Overton

Matt Kuchar

•Never argue with an idiot. First, he will drag you down to his level. Then he will beat you with experience!•

er...Michelle Wie?

BTW are there any females on this forum?

Post theft of my clubs and gear, I have all new:In the bags:

ClicGear cart bag; Mizuno Carry Bag.

Clic Gear 2.0 cart.

Lamkin mid size grips on all.

KZG VC-420 Driver 10.5 deg with 38 lb flex black NovaTech 6000 shaft.

KZG Q 3 Wood 15 deg with 37 lb Fierce Full Force shaft silver

KZG Q 5 Wood, 19 deg with 37 lb Fierce Full Force shaft silver

KZG H370 Tour hybrid 22 deg with Silver NovaTech shaft 38 lbs

KZG forged cavity back CBIII wedges AW -5 iron, bent 3 deg up, with silver 38lb graphite NovaTech shafts

KZG 60 degree forged wedge NS shaft.

Callaway X Jaw 64 degree wedge

Odyssey Putter.

Vision Golf Balls Test Pilot, Titleist ProV1x

Open for sponsorship

I got GolfWeek in the mail today and in it someone wrote that no one should get POTY this year, and I'm not sure I disagree. The guys who won majors haven't done anything else, the guys who won twice didn't do anything in this majors, and the other guys getting considered are being touted for "lots of Top 10's". If one of the major winners or two time winners wins the Tour Championship/FedEx Cup, then ok, I'd be cool with them winning, but aside from that...meh.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

I'll say Lee Westwood. Yes, he didn't win and choke on each mayor, but he was in competition always and had the chance to reach Number 1 a couple of times. His injury made things more difficult, but still he proved the European Tour is really really following the PGA Tour very closely...

Obviously the Fedex winner will have a leg up on player of the year if he has done well in the majors or maybe a couple of other tournaments. However, as of today, I like Dustin Johnson.

Obviously the Fedex winner will have a leg up on player of the year if he has done well in the majors or maybe a couple of other tournaments. However, as of today, I like Dustin Johnson.

I'm going to officially say the winner of the Tour Championship will be player of the year, so long as it's someone like Phil, Kaymer, D. Johnson, Justin Rose, Graeme MacDowell, or Louis Oosthuizen. Phil, GM, MK and LO all have major wins; DJ and JR have two apeice (which leads for most this year, I think...). Those are the only ones I can think of that carry enough "clout" to truly win POY. If someone else wins the TC... the picture would get MUCH fuzzier.

I like dustin Johnson but I think Kutcher Has a good shot Hes been on top all year. JMO Dave

Callaway razr x tour 5-pw

titleist 585h 24 &21 hybrid

Heavy wedge 52 gap wedge

Nike sv sand and lob wedge

Callaway Diablo Octane tour Driver

Adams F 11 3 wood

Seemore ci2 or Bettinardi studio stock 2

I like dustin Johnson but I think Kutcher Has a good shot Hes been on top all year. JMO Dave

Congrats to Jim Furyk on claiming the Tour Championship and the FedEx Cup. Reaching the par 5 in two in the driving rain with soaked grips was amazing. Having won two other times this year, I'd have to say he's the logical choice for POTY. Lot's of others got hot for weeks at a time (Kuchar probably stands out the most), but as was mentioned earlier in this thread "the guy who wins the FedEx Cup will probably win the POTY"...Good call

I said before that I thought that the winner of the Fedex Cup had a good chance to be player of the year so I go with Jim Furyk. I believe he also won two other events. Phil would normally be a good candidate because he won the Masters, but his play has been so spotty since then, I don't think he deserves it.

Yep. 2. Both overshadowed by media attention to other things. The first, in March, was the day Tiger did his 'first interview' after his fiasco started. Furyk didn't hardly get mentioned by the media because of that. The second, in April, his opponent Brian Davis, called a 2 stroke penalty on himself "moving a loose impediment during a takeaway" during the playoff. That also got more attention than Furyk's win. At least this time, he's got the spotlight all to himself! :D

•Never argue with an idiot. First, he will drag you down to his level. Then he will beat you with experience!•

Jim Furyk

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto