Testers Wanted! Shot Scope V5 ×

How much better...

Jrwatkins7

I hover around a 6-7 and the best I have performed related to my index is 5 under. I generally score right around or a few strokes higher. My good rounds are generally driven by iron play and hitting greens. If I am hitting irons well and don't have to rely on my short game too much I can score well. My short game is just too prone to big mistakes that result in blow up holes.

Here's the ideal illustration. Differential of 6, plays a course with a rating of 69 (average difficulty) and par of 72. Goes 5 under his differential and shoots a two under 70. That would be the same as shooting a 77 at a place like Oakland Hills BTW.

The course that you're playing makes a difference. The lowest round that I ever shot was a 66. The best round that I ever shot according to handicap was a 69. The first course was a lying 6000 yard par 69. The second was a solid 7000 yards par 72 with a rating around 73.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

My handicap index stays pretty close to 14.5 over last year+, and in that timeframe I moved from blue to white tees. Course rating vary 65.5 67.2. Lowest score over that time is 77 but I'm usually 82-86 range.

I moved up to the white when I turned 70 as just couldn't cut it from the blues. A bit of an ego killer but it is what it is.

Now if I could just improve my approach shots.....

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Archived