I'm in the early stages of determining whether I need to replace my current set of irons, Mizuno JPX 850 Forged, and what to replace them with.
I was very intrigued to see the Ben Hogan Golf Co. back in the club production business. Though no driver or fairway wood options are available, they are offering a variety of irons and wedges. As a mid handicapper I'm looking for forgiveness along with the ability to shape shots when I need to. As such, I have some interest Hogan's the PTx irons - a forged cavity back presented as part of the 'players/game improvement' iron segment.
As a direct-to-consumer manufacturer, the BHGCo offers a demo program so we the golfing consumers aren't restricted to buying clubs unseen and untried. For $20 to cover two-way shipping (that's probably a bargain) they send you two clubs of your choice (not all are always available). Demo clubs are provided only in standard loft and lie, but you may have a choice of shaft options. Since the PTx irons come in at a significant mark down from what the bigger OEM offers are offering comparable to my Mizunos, I figured why not, I'll try out the demo program. Then I decided, why not share the experience with all you fellow MGSers.
The initial selection is done through the BHGCo website. The selection process for the demo clubs was simple and intuitive, as well as the payment process. The $20 covers the shipping and there is a held charge of $250 in case you don't return the clubs within 14 days of receipt.
I very quickly received a confirmation email for the order, and another soon after to track shipping. They use UPS ground, so according to the tracking number, they should be at my door on Monday.
So far the process has been very customer friendly. I'll follow up with more after I receive the clubs.
Do you love the Ben Hogan brand? Are you a Social Media fiend? Love spreading the word about one of the great golf companies of our time? Then Ben Hogan company has an opportunity that you may want to jump on. It's looking for Social Media Brand Ambassadors. Check the link below for details, and good luck.
If anyone goes through with it, be sure and post back here about about your experiences along the way.
First time posting on this website, look up my ebay account Dere3 to verify.
Brand new Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815 18 degree hybrid, Motore Speeder 865 stiff shaft, New Decade MCC grip, Head Cover and original packaging
Hit this club one time on the range with masking tape over the original head plastic. Removing the masking tape peeled off the shrink wrap on the head. SINCE THEN THE CLUB HAS NOT BEEN HIT. Face is mint, not a scratch anywhere.
Club is an absolute rocket launcher but doesn't gap well with my current setup
Well fellow Spys, it's time for a little spring cleaning.
All items are OBO and willing to negotiate. Not trying to get rich, just make it fair. I've been buying and selling on eBay for a long time (ID=pgcsf). I know what things are worth, I keep items in best condition possible and I have great feedback.
As for shipping, smaller items are most likely free. Everything else, we will decide best option together and I'd prefer to split cost 50/50. I usually use USPS priority and it's almost always reasonable. Any thoughts/questions we'll work it out. Will ship within 48hrs of received payment.
I try very hard to describe all items as accurately as possible. I take great care of my equipment and have no problem passing it on to others to enjoy. Anything, please ask.
Please DM me Oudefart and I'll happily include more pics for any specific item. Thanks. I will do my best to honor correspondence in order received. I reserve the right to end any discussion/agreement should it get nasty (it happens, at least on eBay).
Finally, I request all transactions via PayPal. I'd prefer using Friends/Family option to avoid an fees. Thanks.
Here's the list:
- OBAN Kiyoshi Black shaft for driver. 04 flex (stiff) 75g. Depending on head, finished club should measure roughly 44.5" $125 OBO
- Leupold GX-1 rangerfinder. VERY lightly used as I bought one with slope shortly after getting this. $115 OBO
- Titliest 915F 15Â° 3W, Diamana Blue Board 72g Stiff. Shaft is brand new, never used it with this head. Club in great condition. Headcover included $140 OBO
- Nike B1-01 Converge Counterflex putter. 38" Basically new, owned about 6wks, played 2x. Headcover & tools included $90 OBO
- Titliest Sunday "pencil" bag, black. VERY lightly used , maybe 6x - Hogan Apex Plus iron set. Collectors dream. These are brand new, never used. PW has a couple shots on it. Make serious offer
- Callaway Sunday "pencil" bag, black. VERY lightly used , maybe 6x $45 OBO
- Odyssey putter. Brand new in package. $15 (free shipping)
- Hogan Apex Plus iron set. Collectors dream. These are brand new, never used. PW has a couple shots on it. Not from me, most likely the person I inherited them from. Make serious offer
- Miura CB-202 heads (4-PW). These are in great condition, LOTS of life left in them. They have expected bag chatter, however I always us iron covers on them when playing. Additionally, I have a set of True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 shafts I'll include. Or, I can build them for you. I build them to Miura stated specs. $800 OBO