Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Does anyone really think...

yorbalinda1

...that a zillion dollar name brand putter performs any better than a twenty year old flat stick from a barrel in a pawn shop ? Assuming the shaft is straight and the face is milled putting is reading the green and deciding what strike gives you the proper distance. Of all the advancement made by the club manufacturers over the last 30 years putter design has to be the least impactful.

I think modern putters are much more effective on current ultra slick greens. My old copper Anser 4 circa 1990ish wouldn't be able to keep it on today's surfaces. That said, I do get your point that putting is about vision and feel.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 10.5 *NEW* Fujikura Pro Green 65 X

:callaway-small: Rogue 15 degree Evnflow Blue 6.5

Back in the Bag :srixon-small: Z765 4-G Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

:vokey-small: 54 and 60

:bobby-grace-1: Amazing Grace Ass Kicker

I think the newer putters help on keeping the face closed and alignment. Do I think you have to buy a $1000 Scotty? No. But I do think there have been advancements in putter technology. All these discussions we have on clubs/equipment always end up on “getting properly fitted”. It could be a $5 yard sale putter, but if it “fits” you, it'll work like a brand new one.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

CobraConnectChallenge3

In my opinion the price isn't what matters. It is about working efficiently for your putting stroke. If should have the correct loft and rotation to help you get a good roll and start the ball on the intended line.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Gazillion dollars. Probably not. But a new several hundred dollar one. Absolutely. And I'm living proof. I've never Putted better in my life than I have with my current expensive but not custom SC.

And i didn't get custom fit for it. Just demoed it for about 30 minutes on all sorts of putts with a few different balls and was sold and saw an immediate improvement in my putting.

It's now been in my bag for 2 years and that's unheard of for me.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I have an expensive fitted and built custom putter. Big whoop I say. I didn't buy it to improve my putting as I already putted good. I just wanted to blow some cash I suppose.

However, I think finding a putter you like is just as important as the rest of the clubs in your bag. But, it's certainly not necessary to spend large amounts on a putter IMO. Case in point. If I were to lose my expensive putter I'd go back in a heartbeat to my previous putter that cost only $39 from Academy! Odyssey #9. 

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I was fortunate enough to be chosen to test the Bettinardi Queen B #9 .  It's a $400.00 putter and I would have not been able to just run out and purchase it.  I can say I have never putted better in my life than with this high buck putter.  I occasionally have somewhat of an off day with it however even the off days are better than the good days pre Betty. I'm guessing the material they make the face with provides the touch I need to roll the ball consistently well.  My misses now are poor reads because the ball is rolling on my intended path end over end.  I love it!

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

... A putter that feels good and has the proper balance for your stroke will always be preferable. We pick up putters all the time and stroke them at a store and some just feel right while others do not. Depending on your preference for a Sbst or Arc stroke, shaft length, shaft balance point and putter head weight, many premium putters will just feel better and that always relates to more confidence.  

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

I would respectfully disagree - there has been advancement in putter design over the past decade and also fitting. I agree that there is no need to spend a fortune on a putter, last year's model will do, then take it and get it modified to fit.

There are three controllable elements to holing putts, a putter that is the properly fit reduces the number of miss hits. You can have the perfect read and speed in mind but a miss hit means you won't hole the putt.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I think face technology has changed a lot in recent years, the ball starts rolling MUCH quicker with today's putter than the older ones which makes it easier to start online and control speed

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

I would respectfully disagree - there has been advancement in putter design over the past decade and also fitting. I agree that there is no need to spend a fortune on a putter, last year's model will do, then take it and get it modified to fit.

There are three controllable elements to holing putts, a putter that is the properly fit reduces the number of miss hits. You can have the perfect read and speed in mind but a miss hit means you won't hole the putt.

... And I will respectfully disagree with your disagree.  B)  The putter head is moving so slowly that it is easy for even the highest index player to hit the center of the putter face consistently. I still use a simple heel shafted blade putter although I tried the TM Tour Spider Black with little success on the course. ALL that technology didn't help and in fact made distance control was difficult for me and I wet back to my Bobby Grace 6330. Now I do think face inserts with roll technology have been a huge improvement for getting the ball rolling on non tour speed/condition greens, but they have been around for a long time now. 

... That said, I do think putting is at a minimum, 50% confidence. If a new putter with bells and whistles gives you more confidence than a standard blade style putter, then it is an improvement. But I think most would be surprised how much most average golfers miss the center of the face with their putter, because it isn't as much as you would think. I gave out a free short game lesson with every 5 lesson package and many of my high index players hit the center most of the time. Now they look up too soon, close/open the face, flip their wrists and have all kinds of stroke faults, but missing the middle of the face by enough to effect the putt was usually not one of them. A good putter hits in a dime size area and a decent putter hits in a quarter size area. Those that do miss the center are taking such a bad stroke that all the technology in the world isn't going to help. Again, it pretty much comes to If you think you will putt better with a given putter, you will. 

... And I will respectfully disagree with your disagree. B) The putter head is moving so slowly that it is easy for even the highest index player to hit the center of the putter face consistently. I still use a simple heel shafted blade putter although I tried the TM Tour Spider Black with little success on the course. ALL that technology didn't help and in fact made distance control was difficult for me and I wet back to my Bobby Grace 6330. Now I do think face inserts with roll technology have been a huge improvement for getting the ball rolling on non tour speed/condition greens, but they have been around for a long time now.

... That said, I do think putting is at a minimum, 50% confidence. If a new putter with bells and whistles gives you more confidence than a standard blade style putter, then it is an improvement. But I think most would be surprised how much most average golfers miss the center of the face with their putter, because it isn't as much as you would think. I gave out a free short game lesson with every 5 lesson package and many of my high index players hit the center most of the time. Now they look up too soon, close/open the face, flip their wrists and have all kinds of stroke faults, but missing the middle of the face by enough to effect the putt was usually not one of them. Again, it pretty much comes to If you think you will putt better with a given putter, you will.

Think putter heads are to big?

Should we be putting with the head the size of a quarter to better our putting?

Tazz

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

I think face technology has changed a lot in recent years, the ball starts rolling MUCH quicker with today's putter than the older ones which makes it easier to start online and control speed

I agree with this, starting the Ball rolling quicker seams to help dial it in for long putts.

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

Interesting conversation gang! I've putted with a bunch of different putters over the years, but it wasn't until being properly fitted that I could see a real difference. I liked the look of a true blade but couldn't putt well with it. After being fit at Edel I learned a hell of a lot about how the mind interprets square - I needed a putter I could properly aim, and I couldn't aim a blade. I couldn't aim a mallet, either - so we wound up with a mid-mallet (either a mini-mallet or a thick blade, depending on your point of view!). From what I learned at Edel my eye prefers a rounded back - which is why I could actually line up an 8802 pretty well, despite its bladedness. I'm using the Edel and the Bettinardi Queen B 8 right now - it doesn't have a rounded back, but it is thicker with a unique backside, which I like ;-)

I never did get along with the EvnRoll mallet - I love the technology but I never could line it up right.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

... Barbajo, I will add most players see the line of putts as a vertical line thru the putter like a cue stick or perpendicular to the putter like a hockey stick. This is why some prefer a sight line and others do not. Some use a paint filled perpendicular line on top of the top line or on the rear flange. And some OEMs try and cheat by putting vertical and perpendicular lines on a putter.  

... I see the line as perpendicular and sight lines are confusing to my eye. Exactly why I like an 8802 style putter as the straight line of the face and shape make it easier for me to line up a putt. That is very interesting that a rounded rear helps your alignment. I had never heard that before but it makes perfect sense. 

... Barbajo, I will add most players see the line of putts as a vertical line thru the putter like a cue stick or perpendicular to the putter like like a hockey stick. This is why some prefer a sight line and others do not. Some use a paint filled perpendicular line on top of the top line or on the rear flange. And some try and cheat by putting vertical and perpendicular lines on a putter.

... I see the line as perpendicular and sight lines are confusing to my eye. Exactly why I like an 8802 style putter as the straight line of the face and shape make it easier for me to line up a putt. That is very interesting that a rounded rear helps your alignment. I had never heard that before but it makes perfect sense.

Along the same lines (pardon the pun), The fitter at Edel was experimenting with alignment lines and dots. I did best with lines framing the ball, with nothing right at the center. After lining up the 8802, they put a dot at the center right on the top line. Could square the damn thing up to save my life!

Oddly, I can line up a Cleveland TFi 2135 #8 - thicker mallet - just fine even tho it has an alignment line in the middle. I think the rest of the alignment system helps.

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I believe u reach a point of "u paid to much suckr" but, how much that is, up to the buyer

Sent from my SM-G930V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Most of the high priced putters are “custom boutique pieces” and they are worth what the customer pays. I had quite a few of the Byron's, SC, TP Mills, Lajosi, Xenon, etc. and they are nice putters and well made. Do I putt any better than an off the shelf putter? Maybe, maybe not.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Worth is entirely determined by the buyer/owner. It's like why some people love bottles off wine that cost hundreds of dollars while some enjoy cheap wine. Personal value differs and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Just never understood why people are so quick to judge others may spend more in a particular area. As long as the person isn't trying to argue that they're paying more for better scores than just let them be

Most of the high priced putters are “custom boutique pieces” and they are worth what the customer pays. I had quite a few of the Byron's, SC, TP Mills, Lajosi, Xenon, etc. and they are nice putters and well made. Do I putt any better than an off the shelf putter? Maybe, maybe not.

On your boutiques, were they custom fit?  Or did you just buy something you liked?

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

On your boutiques, were they custom fit? Or did you just buy something you liked?

Both. I did not notice any difference between “fitted” and “just liked it”. I'm kinda weird with putting. I can putt almost anything, LH of course. I must change my stroke to fit the putter. years ago a Pro told me “whatever u do don't change “.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

• 2 weeks later...

In my opinion the price isn't what matters. It is about working efficiently for your putting stroke. If should have the correct loft and rotation to help you get a good roll and start the ball on the intended line.

I agree, I have a 30 dollar odyssey white hot rossie, and when I cup one from 14 ft I dont thank the putter, I thank the fact I spent all.that time practicing. Now I am a hypocrite cuz I have a Scotty on the way, but I can put just as well.either way. Its the fiddler not the fiddle

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• 1 month later...

My gf likes diamonds. I think of my putter as a purposeful chromed hammer, not necessary yet does the same job as my any, with style when I fall down the roof.

By your gf a Scotty with a diamond finish.  Tell her it's a diamond encrusted present for her.  But if she doesn't mind you would like to play golf with it occasionally.  

I think the EVNROLL tech has proved to be a huge step in technology that actually makes you putt better. No, it's not going to correct a poor stroke but putting is a game of millimeters and anything helps.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Alpha w/Fubuki ZT 60 S.

Woods: Taylormade TP R9 3W w/Fujikura Motore F1 85

Hybrid: Taylormade Rescue 2011 w/Aldila Rip S

Irons: 4-PW Mizuno MP-69 w/KBS Tour  C-Taper X130

Wedges: Maltby Tour Grind 52*,56*,60* w/KBS Tour C-Taper X130

Putter: 35" Odyssey Protype Tour Series #2 w/Superstroke Slim 3.0

20 years ago, Bobby Grace introduced a wide range of tech innovations (high moi, distance correcting insert materials, radial face) to get the ball rolling immediately, online and correct speed regardless of strike. Since then virtually every manufacturer has introduced different iterations of those same ideas.

So to answer your question, 20 years ago there were putters with better tech than some of the boutique anser style offerings today. Putters as a category have a come a long way over the past 2 decades, but the only real development is how many more manufacturers offer the tech mentioned above.

PXG___0811 X 9* - Mitsubishi Diamana s60 Limited X
Cobra___S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
Adams___XTD Forged 3i - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
Adams___CMB 4-PW - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
KZG___Tri-Tour 50.08__54.10__58.12 - Accra iCWT 2.0-95i S
Nike___Method Converge B1-01 (copper insert)
Maxfli___'23 Tour X
"The most important shot in golf is the next one“

... Adding to this thread on the merits of tech and putters is just how poorly most am's use a putter. The amount of golfers I see flipping their putter head thru impact is much higher than those that control their putter head thru a pendulum motion. Speed is impossible to control and direction is, at a minimum, difficult if you are cocking your wrists and then releasing the putter head thru impact with your hands. In these instances I don't think you can get enough tech. After giving a free short game lesson with every 5 lesson package, it didn't take me long to realize most putting problems were mental, not physical. Granted the mental deficiencies caused a physical problem, but the answer was usually not to fix the physical problem but fix the mental problems and the physical would follow. Not always the case of course as some have no idea that are releasing their putter head very actively. 

... As contrary as this sounds, the single most important aspect of being a good putter is not caring if the ball goes in the hole. Anticipation causes so many to:

1. Look up before impact
2. Break their wrists especially thru impact
3. Move their body trying to "make" the ball go in the hole

... You find your line and estimate your speed than concentrate on making the stroke that matches that criteria. The ball going in the hole is the desired result of that process but should never be the goal. Think of it this way, If you need to hit a fairway off the tee and there is water right and woods left, the last thing you want to do is try and steer the ball into the fairway. You have to swing freely and trust your swing to hit an accurate tee shot. Same thing with a putter. Stoke the ball and trust your read. 

... Better putters hit the center of the face with regularity and their stroke is consistent regardless of break or distance. Poor putters try to make the ball go in the hole causing 1 or all 3 of the mistakes I listed above. If that is the case, find a putter with as much correction as possible. But good putters simply need to find a putter that looks good to their eye, has the correct toe hang and balance for their stroke and most importantly gives them confidence when they putt. If you fall into this category you can use a $399 Bettirardi/Cameron or a $39 Wilson Harmonized Putter as long as you are confident using it. And of course regardless of how good of a putter you are, taking advantage of technology like perimeter weighting, high moi and roll enhancements never hurt any good putter. 

... Adding to this thread on the merits of tech and putters is just how poorly most am's use a putter. The amount of golfers I see flipping their putter head thru impact is much higher than those that control their putter head thru a pendulum motion. Speed is impossible to control and direction is, at a minimum, difficult if you are cocking your wrists and then releasing the putter head thru impact with your hands. In these instances I don't think you can get enough tech. After giving a free short game lesson with every 5 lesson package, it didn't take me long to realize most putting problems were mental, not physical. Granted the mental deficiencies caused a physical problem, but the answer was usually not to fix the physical problem but fix the mental problems and the physical would follow. Not always the case of course as some have no idea that are releasing their putter head very actively.

... As contrary as this sounds, the single most important aspect of being a good putter is not caring if the ball goes in the hole. Anticipation causes so many to:

1. Look up before impact

2. Break their wrists especially thru impact

3. Move their body trying to "make" the ball go in the hole

... You find your line and estimate your speed than concentrate on making the stroke that matches that criteria. The ball going in the hole is the desired result of that process but should never be the goal. Think of it this way, If you need to hit a fairway off the tee and there is water right and woods left, the last thing you want to do is try and steer the ball into the fairway. You have to swing freely and trust your swing to hit an accurate tee shot. Same thing with a putter. Stoke the ball and trust your read.

... Better putters hit the center of the face with regularity and their stroke is consistent regardless of break or distance. Poor putters try to make the ball go in the hole causing 1 or all 3 of the mistakes I listed above. If that is the case, find a putter with as much correction as possible. But good putters simply need to find a putter that looks good to their eye, has the correct toe hang and balance for their stroke and most importantly gives them confidence when they putt. If you fall into this category you can use a $399 Bettirardi/Cameron or a $39 Wilson Harmonized Putter as long as you are confident using it. And of course regardless of how good of a putter you are, taking advantage of technology like perimeter weighting, high moi and roll enhancements never hurt any good putter.

Good post chisag. My issue is your #2, what I'm practicing this winter is a straight follow through to eliminate it.

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel