Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Does anyone really think...

yorbalinda1

I'd love to write a wall of words supporting my case. Instead, I'll just say that I've kept my Anser 2 stainless in my bag since 1998.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

I'd love to write a wall of words supporting my case. Instead, I'll just say that I've kept my Anser 2 stainless in my bag since 1998.

Doesn't make you a bad person

Seriously I still have a Be Cu Anser 2 that I still take for a test drive once and a while. Absolutely great putter

Most golfers “love” to tinker with “toys”

I do!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Interesting thread with lots of great input. I suspect I play around too much with grips (claw, left hand low), strokes, etc. due to lacking confidence at times. I know most of my issues are mental. Could some of the tech give me more confidence? Probably. I used to be a pretty good putter and occasionally have flashes of "greatness" but not often enough for my liking.

A good friend of mine is one of the best putters I've played with regularly and his aim is so far off I don't understand how he makes putts since he has to be making some physical correction during his stroke and the amount of correction has to change with the length of the putt. I finally asked him about it. He's completely aware but makes no effort to correct it. He recognizes he might end up better if he worked on it, but doesn't want to fix what isn't necessarily broken.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

A good friend of mine is one of the best putters I've played with regularly and his aim is so far off I don't understand how he makes putts since he has to be making some physical correction during his stroke and the amount of correction has to change with the length of the putt. I finally asked him about it. He's completely aware but makes no effort to correct it. He recognizes he might end up better if he worked on it, but doesn't want to fix what isn't necessarily broken.

IMO the only aspect of aim that matters is consistent aim.  When you make a stroke the putter naturally rotates open and then closed; as long as the putter is at the correct impact position,  the ball will start online.   It may not be a physical correction since the putter continues to open the longer the stroke which means it closes the correct amount on the through stroke.   If he is actually manipulating the putter during the stroke,  he will probably have streaks of poor putting performance.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

... Adding to this thread on the merits of tech and putters is just how poorly most am's use a putter. The amount of golfers I see flipping their putter head thru impact is much higher than those that control their putter head thru a pendulum motion. Speed is impossible to control and direction is, at a minimum, difficult if you are cocking your wrists and then releasing the putter head thru impact with your hands. In these instances I don't think you can get enough tech. After giving a free short game lesson with every 5 lesson package, it didn't take me long to realize most putting problems were mental, not physical. Granted the mental deficiencies caused a physical problem, but the answer was usually not to fix the physical problem but fix the mental problems and the physical would follow. Not always the case of course as some have no idea that are releasing their putter head very actively.

... As contrary as this sounds, the single most important aspect of being a good putter is not caring if the ball goes in the hole. Anticipation causes so many to:

1. Look up before impact

2. Break their wrists especially thru impact

3. Move their body trying to "make" the ball go in the hole

... You find your line and estimate your speed than concentrate on making the stroke that matches that criteria. The ball going in the hole is the desired result of that process but should never be the goal. Think of it this way, If you need to hit a fairway off the tee and there is water right and woods left, the last thing you want to do is try and steer the ball into the fairway. You have to swing freely and trust your swing to hit an accurate tee shot. Same thing with a putter. Stoke the ball and trust your read.

... Better putters hit the center of the face with regularity and their stroke is consistent regardless of break or distance. Poor putters try to make the ball go in the hole causing 1 or all 3 of the mistakes I listed above. If that is the case, find a putter with as much correction as possible. But good putters simply need to find a putter that looks good to their eye, has the correct toe hang and balance for their stroke and most importantly gives them confidence when they putt. If you fall into this category you can use a $399 Bettirardi/Cameron or a $39 Wilson Harmonized Putter as long as you are confident using it. And of course regardless of how good of a putter you are, taking advantage of technology like perimeter weighting, high moi and roll enhancements never hurt any good putter.

This has some very real truth to it. Not caring whether the ball goes in, and trusting the process. I need to take her with me, there are so many times while putting, that I try to make the ball instead of trusting my read. It it almost always misses. I need to remember this.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Archived