Testers Announced! Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers and Autoflex Dream 7 Shafts! ×

KJ Choi Switches To Ping Tomcat Putter

GolfSpy_X

• SPY VIP

K.J. Choi played his way into the Tour Championship on the strength of a good putting performance at Cog Hill.

Thanks to a new Ping Scottsdale Tomcat putter with a SuperStroke Fatso grip, Choi finished t-3 and moved into the top 30 eligible for the final tournament in the FedEx Cup playoffs. The Korean was tied for sixth in both putts per round (27.0) and putts per green in regulation (1.659) for the week, giving him three straight 69s the last three days of the tournament.

"I really wanted to get into the Tour Championship this year, not having played it last year," Choi said. "I felt good about it this week, coming into this week, and I'm really happy."

http://www.thetourvan.com/features/223363

#TruthDigest

From the website... "The insert is made of a thermoplastic elastomer (TPE) with a face appliqué for a soft yet solid feel on every putt."

Sounds like lipstick, but ya can't argue with the results. :lol:

•Never argue with an idiot. First, he will drag you down to his level. Then he will beat you with experience!•

K.J. Choi played his way into the Tour Championship on the strength of a good putting performance at Cog Hill.

Thanks to a new Ping Scottsdale Tomcat putter with a SuperStroke Fatso grip, Choi finished t-3 and moved into the top 30 eligible for the final tournament in the FedEx Cup playoffs. The Korean was tied for sixth in both putts per round (27.0) and putts per green in regulation (1.659) for the week, giving him three straight 69s the last three days of the tournament.

"I really wanted to get into the Tour Championship this year, not having played it last year," Choi said. "I felt good about it this week, coming into this week, and I'm really happy."

http://www.thetourvan.com/features/223363

Hmmm that website seems to think that Graeme McDowell won the British Open... wrong... He won the US Open.. Louis Oosthuizen won the British!

Also how long have Odyssey been making gold putters? I thought that was a Ping thing?

Also in relation to the insert- nice and soft feeling- couple of good performances with it already with Jimenez winning with one also (Pickemup model)

Archived