Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Share your Shot/Hole Of The Day!

Sluggo42

Par 4 duffed a drive 110 yards down the middle of the fairway, had 269 left to the center of the green and smoked my 3 wood pin high left me 15 feet. 2 putt for the par save. 

:taylormade-small: 2019 M2

:taylormade-small: RBZ 3 wood

:taylormade-small: M4 4H

:taylormade-small: RBZ 4-PW

:taylormade-small: MG3 52,56,60 

:taylormade-small: Corza Ghost Putter

:titleist-small: ProV1

Mine was on the par 5.  Sliced driver about 180 yards over pond on right and into mowed grass 20 yards off fairway.  Hit 4 hybrid to center of fairway about 75 yards from green.  Hit wedge and sliced it almost 45 degrees to the right.  Ball hit the edge of the concrete cart path and bounced high in the air and landed about 10 yards in front of me.  Managed to end with just a bogey on the hole.

IMG_6030.png.be796ba122b35e9dee8b694ef607fbc9.png18th hole. Dogleg left with moderate left to right wind. Tee shot slightly right of my target and ran through the fairway. 187 to flag that’s back right 168 to cover front bunker. Ball in a settled down lie on Bermuda rough bad enough I drove by it while looking for it the first time. 187 would be a 6 or a smooth 5 for me but I didn’t think I could get those on the ball so I decided to hit a hard 7 and try to get a jumper. Good contact, no jumper. Ball landed short of the bunker and stayed in fairway cut just left of the bunker and 3 yards short of green. I’m left with a 30 yard chip up the hill to the pin and the green slants right to left severely and runs away after it crests the slope. Played a 58 degree off my right toe with face slightly open which is my skipper pitch shot. Good contact, lands about a third of the way up the slope, bounces and checks near the crest and trickles in for a closing birdie. I had just bogied 14, 15 and 17 and was feeling like I botched a potentially good round even though I had a string of 3 bogies on the front too.  Ended shooting 3 over which I’m happy with but felt a lot better after birdie on 18. 

Edited by Sandybogey

Driver: Taylormade M5 Hzrdus RDX Black stiff

4-wood: Taylormade M5 5wood 17 degrees Matrix 7Q4

Hybrid: Callaway Epic Flash 3 hybrid 20 degrees Tensei Silver 70 stiff

Irons: 4-P Taylormade P790 KBS Tour FLT 4-7 KBS Tour-V 8-P stiff

Wedges: 50, 54 degree Ben Hogan Equalizer KBS Tour-V stiff

58 degree Cleveland Zipcore Full face KBS Hirev 115 stiff

Fore LEFT!

Playing in a scramble - par 5 - last man to go. 227 yards from the pin, on pine straw inside the tree line. I hit my 22 degree hybrid to 4 feet - the EAGLE has landed! God I wish I could bottle that purity up!! 

FORE!

Going into 18th tied at 90 with my buddy. 
Threesome in front of us is finishing putting. 301 yard par 4 pretty open as it runs parallel to 10 on the right with a road and woods on left.

I flush my 3W dead straight. Buddy says I better tell fore to which I say no chance my 3W is getting there. Well, the ball sat 20 feet from the hole on the green. To which I missed my eagle putt by 1” as it just hung to the right. 

Epic ending to a fun round at the Eagle.

IMG_5914.jpeg

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14

Mine was Sunday playing in our usual cash game 

Fort Walton Beach - The Pines 

#3 154 yd Par 3 - Wind 10mph SW - HIt my natural cut/fade 8 iron 

HOLE IN ONE!!! 

Was not able to see it go in as a bunker was in front of it - we all thought it was going to be close and we we got up to the whole I was a little dismayed as it appeared I had went long, as I was looking around behind the green in the rough - one of the guys looked in the hole and there it was

This is my first hole in one out of man, many realy close calls - just the week before I hit one in the hole and it  popped straight out - I guess I have either been living pretty good!!

Fred_HoleinOne.jpg

Driver 1:  :taylormade-small: Stealth 12 degree - Ventus Red 5-S 

Driver 2: :taylormade-small: 300 Mini Hzrdus Smoke Yellow 60G Stiff (tipped to 44.5inch)

3 Wood 2: :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max Fujikura Pro 65-S (higher ball flight)

5 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Ventus Black 6-S

9 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Ventus Red 5-R

Irons: :cobra-small: King Tour 2023 - Fujikura Pro 95 Stiff - 6-9 - Fitted 

Wedges: :titleist-small: SM9 - 45-10F, 48-10F, 54-12-D, 58-12D (Testing Callaway Jaws 58-12-W)

Putter: :cleveland-small: HB SOFT Milled 10.5S - Fitted 

Balls :odin: - X1

After two lousy shots I was left 190ish out on our par 5 11th hole. I managed to put a 5 iron to about 12 feet and made the birdie.... 😉👍

Hate yourself, not the game...

In my Vessel bag:

:cobra-small: King SpeedZone          :taylormade-small: MG 3 Satin RAW black 60°

:srixon-small: ZX 3 wood                          :vokey-small: SW & GW Black

:titleist-small:  3-PW                        :EVNROLL: EV2 Mid-Lock              :titleist-small: Prov1x-

Last Saturday I played in a 2 man scramble at a course that looks like it is built on the side of Mt Everest. Either the course designers didn’t have money for a dozer or it was broken down because they literally cleared trees, planted playable grass and that’s it. The grass is well maintained, but I have never seen such terrain on a course. 

Anyway, we were on the par 5 18th that was so long and uphill that you could barely see the green. My partner and I both hit great tee shots to the small landing zone the hole provides, however that same landing zone has a drain directly in the middle that swallows up every drive that comes close. So there we were in this drain depression, about 215-220 out, looking up Mt. Everest at a now blind green. Took out the 3h and gave it a whack in the direction I thought best. Get up to the two tier green and my ball is sitting about 15 yards from the pin on the right tier!  Credit luck as much as any skill but it sure felt satisfying walking up to see where that ball ended up!

And before anyone asks we missed the eagle putt ☹️. But a birdie on that hole from what it looked like from the tee box was a win in our book. 

• PING G430 LST 10.5 driver
  • Tour Edge Exotics EXS 220 3w
  • PING G400 5w
  • Cobra Speedzone 3h
  • Srixon z585 irons 5-AW
  • Cleveland CBX2 52
  • Cleveland CBX 56
  • PING Heppler Anser 2 putter

I always find a way to find a good shot or experience in each round (particularly tough in a bad round). The other day, I played Tri Mountain Golf Course in Ridgefield, WA and it was a hot (95+).  The wind was up with 20 to 25 mph gusts and the greens on this course are sloped esquisitely tough.  Even though my round was OK until I went quad then triple on the back I was generally hitting solid shots but the putting (my best part of my game) just wasn't there.  We came up to the Par 5 18th hole and I hit a great drive into a 20 mph wind.  It ran down so I could have a nice layup but hit it fat(whoops).  So this leaves me about 135 yards to the hole which slopes right to left and back to front also covered by a couple of big bunkers around the green.  I hit my 5 iron into the air and hit it good but it was going at the bunker on the right.  The wind stopped it about 8 feet from going in but I had a very tough chip left.  Chipped over the bunker hit the fringe and proceeded to run about 13 feet past the hole uphill.  I haven't made anything all day over 4 feet and now I am faced with a downhill 3 to 3 1/2 foot breaking putt which is only going to pick up speed.  I lined it up, made a great stroke about 3 feet outside the hole and let gravity take it down breaking all the way into the cup.  Wow!  even when I shoot 92 which is 11 strokes over my average round I have a great finish.

The next week we had the finish to our men's club tournament and I was 6 shots back gross and 8 net, but went out and shot 77 to go with my 79 on the first week.  Won low gross.  It has been a long time.

WITB - Cobra Dvr, 3wd, 18 degree hybrid & 16.5 degree hybrid, PING I200 irons 4-PW, Ping wedges AW, SW & putter

The 10th hole at Scottswood Links in Manitoba is par 4 playing 460 yards. Water on both sides with Trees on right side near green. My tee shot nice had a fade into a pond, 3rd off tee landed short of water on left. 4th shot hit on right side before the Trees. My 5th shot needed 100 yds to carry over trees. Instead, I hit into trees, lost my ball, took a drop. Hitting 7th shot , had 85 yds on my GPS watch over trees completely blind. Heard 'Clank' of the flag stick. I thought, "gosh I hope it's somewhere on the Green". Went over to the Green, after looking everywhere went to the Cup....And there it was! Took a Hockey Stick 7 and was happy about it. 

Edited by BigHookshot

Cobra F9 Driver

TM Rocketballz 3H, 4H, Irons

Old reliable TM Vsteel 3W

TM ATV wedges 52 & 56

Ping 60 wedge

Nike Ignite 2 001 putter

IMG_5855.jpeg.643fbc1915347b6891556a05ba44452e.jpeg

Last Monday, I played at Dublin Ranch. This was my shot on the 7th hole par 3 playing about 130 yards. Left it less than 3 ft. Closest I’ve gotten to a hole-in-one I’ve been in the 30 plus years that I’ve been playing golf. Still chasing that elusive hole-in-one. 

Ignacio

Playing in the heat in Vegas earlier today… Pulled my drive left behind a long line of tall trees paralleling the fairway… I had about a 5 yard window between the trees 60 yards in front of me… 160 to the pin… I hit a 7 iron through the window and faded it about 15 yards… Couldn’t see it land, but I got to the green and it was 4’… Made the putt for Eagle… Went on to shoot my age!! Even par 72… Quite the thrill!!

#4 on home course, 500 yd par 5. Have to hit dead straight, or fade tee shot due to tall trees by tee box. No wind, slightly missed drive, was 250 out, hit 4 hybrid to 12 ft. 1 putt eagle. On this hole if you miss green 15 yards. Left you are ob, 15 right in trees, 10 long pitching back up a 40 foot high slope. Made my day.

Nurse, wanna be senior tour pro golfer. You can always dream.

My shot of the day came last weekend, long par four, tried to give it extra, snap hook, low bullet to the left sitting on upward hill, can’t see green. 
Quick distance check and rough alignment to flag, clubbed up from 215 yards, 3 hybrid, launch pad engaged hit the living s*** out of it, prayed to god, hit a satellite on the way up and down, landing 10 inch from hole. 

Titleist TRS Driver, Titleist TSR 3 Wood, Titleist TRS 2 Hybrid, Titleist T300 irons, Vokey SM9 wedges 56 - 60, Scotty Cameron putter. 

I had back-to-back birdies for the first time ever today. 

Hole 11: On the card at 194, this uphill par 3 is a beast, but the pi’s was in the front and what little wind there was was slightly right to left. Arccos put it at 181 so I pulled 5-iron and fired. Result: an awesome baby draw that went 190. Made the downhill bomb of a putt for a 2.

Hole 12: 512 on the card, I ripped driver over a large oak that overhangs the left side of the fairway and under the next overhanging oak for a total of 281. Pulled 4-hybrid and snuck it just over a large branch of the next overhanging tree, and was stoked to see it hit the green, but run to the back fringe. 60-footer that I left 8 foot short, but made the birdie straight up the hill.

Currently in the bag:

Cobra Aerojet LS 9* | Cobra LTDx 3 wood 14* | Callaway Utility Wood 17* and 21* | Callaway Apex ‘19 forged 5-PW | Edison 2.0 wedges 49*, 53*, 57* | LAB DF2.1 Broomstick 50” | Transrover bag

541 par 5 at Highland Park. Road on the left with a chain link fence lining it. I rope hook my drive right into the fence but luckily I hit a post and it shoots back into the fairway. I’m still 280 yards from the green so I decide to go driver off the deck. Hit it as straight as possible and put it to 20 feet. Two putt for birdie. Top 5 best shots I’ve ever hit. Also got a PR score of +3 as well. 

:cobra-small: Radspeed Driver 10.5*

:cobra-small: Radspeed 3W 14.5*

:taylormade-small: Stealth 4H 22*

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4i-PW

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Wedge 52* Mid Bounce

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Wedge 56* Mid Bounce

Kirkland Signature KS1 Putter

Shot of the day for me was actually two of them. On 14 I hit a 3 wood from 240 with a slight cut to avoid some limbs overhanging the side of the fairway, that landed on the green.  Then 18 another 3 wood from 235 onto the green. Both really good shots for me. Two putt birdies off them. 

Matt Dura

Francis Marion University Hall of Fame 2018

default_titelist-small.jpg.035c687f1ee4f222f65826e0f2ccf716.jpg TS4 9.5*, HZRDUS Smoke 60g Low spin driver; PRO V1X

default_taylormade-small.jpg.e5271abefda63fc90c515812858df654.jpg M3 17*HL turned down to 15*, Mitsubishi TENSEI CK Series 65 Stiff

Ben Hogan 17* & 21* EDGE CFT Hybrids

default_ping-small.jpg.4f6644e7b181538ad4356fa5baa9ab06.jpg i200 blue dot, KBS Tour 120 S 4i-PW; Glide 58*/10

default_cleveland-small.jpg.c369c88345deb6bf5d6da562e36c46e9.jpg 50* RTX 588; 54* CG10

LeanLockLogo.jpg.79bf29d6bf78b2208e2a58de63e92193.jpg.c85827f16c4e90eabef5b35daa9e8b47.jpg APA Model 1

ODIN.jpg.36f5f3d3738de8051e6e80e0aec7b2d2.jpg X1

On Saturday I sliced the heck out of my drive on the second hole (my fairway is to the left of the pond) then pulled my 4 hybrid and got aggressive, landing the ball back in the fairway and just over the first set of bunkers.  Lob wedge got me onto the green for a two putt par, the highlight of an otherwise forgettable round.

Screenshot_20230723-214135-915.png.960a873c972177db55f244d2b55a6093.png

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood and 7 wood

Cobra Aerojet 4/5/6 hybrids

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Cobra Snakebite 52° and 58° wedges

Cobra King Stingray 20 putter

Shot/hole of the day yesterday was my 3 wood after an atrocious top with my driver.  Hit it out from under some overhanging branches and sent towards the right-side bunker before drawing back and landing on the left side of the green.  Two putts and I was in for par.

Screenshot_20230723-214439-998.png.cdf8b8980b560dc95128906d9d4e63a5.png

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood and 7 wood

Cobra Aerojet 4/5/6 hybrids

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Cobra Snakebite 52° and 58° wedges

Cobra King Stingray 20 putter

Hole of the day might just be hole of the year for me. Hole 11 is a par 4 and was playing 385 yds and uphill 11 yds. It’s the only hole left on this course that I had yet to shoot par or better on, my nemesis hole if you will. A terrible tee shot was a bad slice towards the 10th fairway that ended up rolling all the way across that fairway and stopped about a foot into the rough on the far side.

That left me around 182 yds and uphill 4 yds to the green but I had a clear look at it so I just needed a well struck 5 iron. Ask and you shall receive I guess. Ball flight was almost perfectly straight with just a slight cut towards the end that caught the last bit of rough before the fringe and rolled across the green. That left me a 40 foot, downhill putt to the front pin. Just a little tap and the ball started rolling a little to the right and cut back left about a foot from the hole before it gently rolled into the cup for a birdie.

IMG_1876.png.281dbce18ac4a340c72dceb8474e3684.png

Absolutely blew my mind. Lesson learned today was to not throw in the towel after a horrible tee shot. Sometimes the shot of the day will be next. 

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° & 58° w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black

It was an afternoon in late February. I hit my drive hard but  right on a dogleg right par 5, in to some trees. Lay up I thought. When I got to my ball I saw it sitting up, perfect lie on the dormant turf, with a window to the green, flag 212 yards, wind quartering L-R at 4o’clock. I decided to go for it. I hit my 4 wood slightly left of hole expecting wind to take it right. Flushed. One bounce and I lost sight of the ball. My buddy, in the middle of the fairway, yelled it went in. I said no, it went over. But indeed there it was, in the hole for an albatross. 

Driver: Sim 9*, ventus blue 6R

3 wood: Srixon ZX

Hybrids: Srixon ZX 3H and 4H

Irons: Golfworks TS2, 5-GW (5 iron with UST Recoil F3; 6-GW, Nippon 950h reg)

Wedges: Golfworks TSW 52* and 58*, 52* Nippon 950GH, & 58* TT90

Putter: Odyssey Versa 12

Ball: Srixon Zstar

Bag: Sun Mountain 2.5

Shot of the year....   

#2 at our place.  455 yard uphill dogleg right par 5.  I drive it in the red staked penalty area inside the corner of the dogleg.  Take a drop. Hit a swoopy hook 7 iron from 154.  Hoop it.   Watery Eagle....  First time ever.

egl.png.99b965c0a460267037630ba89df6621b.png

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

Nothing much to brag about, but I drained a 10 footer for Bogey yesterday on 18 at Chestnut Hills in Fort Wayne.

It's a par 5 with a creek.  I had to lay up which left me laying 2 with 160 to center of the green.  My shot would up in the bunker.  I failed to get it on the green from the sand, but did get it out.  I chipped it onto the green but left about a 10 footer for bogey.  The bogey putt kept me under 90.   It was just a weird round yesterday,  I honestly thought i played like crap, but when I added up the score and saw that i shot an 89, it gave me a good feeling.  

The joys of golf.

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Ben Hogan GS53 3 Wood

PING G425 MAX 5 Wood

Cleveland UHX Launcher 3 Iron

PING G30 5-PW

Cleveland RTX 3.0 50/10 V-MG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 54/14  V-FG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 58/12 V -FG

EVNROLL ER-3

IMG_2958.jpeg.d592047963e621b75018a1c4a1679385.jpegDrove the green on the par 4 10th, our first in league play yesterday. It was 302 to the middle, I caught a piece of the front, 279 per Shotscope. 

Promptly 3 putted - but still it’s been a long time since I’ve had a look at eagle. 

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

16 hours ago, Haro said:

Hole out a chip from 30 yards away for a eagle par 5   Excited and high 5 all around from my playing partners 

My chip was the best it’s ever been today

I had 3 other chips that were within 1 foot today   My playing partners were impressed and so was I cause it’s abnormal 

also added I did it with lob wedge    Took years but feeling really comfortable with the LW as my goto chipping club for most situations.

Hole of the day was satisfying this morning. Tee shot on #11 was a 4 iron that went a touch right and landed about a foot into the rough. That angle left me a large oak tree protecting pretty much the entire green. With the pin on the right side of the green, the only target that I really had was about five feet of the left side of the green.

Trying for a smooth 8-iron and telling myself to “not try to kill it”, I landed in the green with a couple of feet to spare to the left. That left me a 30 foot putt which looked really good but stopped a foot or so short. Tap in par was good in my book considering how tight I felt the approach was. 

IMG_1905.png.0e88770ef2bcf16275ed3eaa643c4ee1.png

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° & 58° w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black